• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Why? Because you do not have concrete proof?

Kraid is more likely to be playable as you just insisted. I believe that is the first thing that we agree on.
I honestly hope he isn't. I think that would be an even more challenging task than proving Ridley's size. But it would make for a very interesting speculation board, no?

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
It is not a "fake" anti-Ridley sentiment. There is a thing that we like to call opinions, I happen to have a different opinion. I apologize that I find it difficult to support a character with no evidence in their favor.
I don't know if you're trying to be cute or funny with your joke, but I don't like being insulted.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Pseudo detracting aside,

I heard a rumor that Dyna Blade would be the boss, but was replaced by Ridley as he is more popular than Dyna Blade
If that rumor is true, then I guess in a way Ridley's popularity was used in a bad way or dare I say against him. :facepalm: But I guess to be fair, Sakurai may have not known about the amount of demand for playable Ridley at the time compared to now. Still though, it does make me wish we had gotten just Dyna Blade itself instead of Dyna with the Ridley paint-job.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't know if you're trying to be cute or funny with your joke, but I don't like being insulted.
Please quote where I insulted you? Unless you take logic as a personal attack, I rest my case.

Let's face it, guys. We have no chance of getting Ridley.
Good. Yes. Please convince these "supporters" that Ridley has no chance.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Let's face it, guys. We have no chance of getting Ridley.
Oh hey, there's his SSB4 in-game boss model.

I knew they wouldn't make an entirely new one for him.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
We're going to get either Shulk or Chorus Kids on that date guys.

Any other newcomer is just a pipe-dream, especially Ridley.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
No, Don't make her stop. A devils advocate is a very healthy thing in a discussion.
I suppose, but this has been done sooo many times in this thread and by people who actually mean some of the things she said. And it gets tiresome seeing the same argument over and over.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
We're going to get either Shulk or Chorus Kids on that date guys.

Any other newcomer is just a pipe-dream, especially Ridley.
Shulk is another anime sword user so secret character, chorus kids are as wanted as rob so secret character.

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose, but this has been done sooo many times in this thread and by people who actually mean some of the things she said. And it gets tiresome seeing the same argument over and over.
As a detractor, it is also extremely repetitive to read: "we saw Ridley's shadow, it was not Ridley" for some arbitrary reason.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Please quote where I insulted you? Unless you take logic as a personal attack, I rest my case.

Good. Yes. Please convince these "supporters" that Ridley has no chance.
Booooo....
All evidence points to Ridley being an Allstar exclusive trophy not a boss. The shadow obviously belonged to phantoon fool. Have you even played metroid? Ridleys too small to be a boss.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Booooo....
All evidence points to Ridley being an Allstar exclusive trophy not a boss. The shadow obviously belonged to phantom fool. Have you even played metroid? Ridleys too small to be a boss.
If Ridley is too small to be a boss, Ridley is too small to be a character as Ridley is too small to be Ridley.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
100TH POST! RIDLEY SUCKS BUTT AND WILL NEVER BE IN SMASH HE'S AS RELEVANT TO METROID AS A BABOON'S FECES IS TO ASTROPHYSICS HE'S TOO BIG HE'S BIGGER THAN THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY HE WOULD TAKE UP THE ENTIRE SCREEN ALL YOU WOULD SEE ON THE SCREEN WHILE PLAYING AS RIDLEY WOULD BE HIS BIG FAT BUTT IN YOUR FACE THE ENTIRE TIME TWERK TWERK THAT PURPLE POOPER IN YOUR FACE YOU ASSHOLE

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Shulk is another anime sword user so secret character, chorus kids are as wanted as rob so secret character.
How do you know that? You are not Sakurai, and nobody knows what he's up to.

What we do know, on the other hand, is that Ridley is a stage hazard and not a playable character.

Morbi

Scavenger
100TH POST! RIDLEY SUCKS BUTT AND WILL NEVER BE IN SMASH HE'S AS RELEVANT TO METROID AS A BABOON'S FECES IS TO ASTROPHYSICS HE'S TOO BIG HE'S BIGGER THAN THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY HE WOULD TAKE UP THE ENTIRE SCREEN ALL YOU WOULD SEE ON THE SCREEN WHILE PLAYING AS RIDLEY WOULD BE HIS BIG FAT BUTT IN YOUR FACE THE ENTIRE TIME TWERK TWERK THAT PURPLE POOPER IN YOUR FACE YOU *******
I am glad that my argument could convince you to join the winning side.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
It's very clear that Godzilla has a better chance than Ridley. At least Godzilla isn't a universal boss character.
i love you japan
never change

Also, we should probably all start suddenly turning into Ridley haters, just to mess with the guests.
I mean, ANOTHER reptile? I want to see Noxus in. He looks cool, sleek and very alien at the same time. Ridley is just yet another generic dragon, it wouldn't work representing Metroid with him.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
i love you japan
never change

Also, we should probably all start suddenly turning into Ridley haters, just to mess with the guests.
I mean, ANOTHER reptile? I want to see Noxus in. He looks cool, sleek and very alien at the same time. Ridley is just yet another generic dragon, it wouldn't work representing Metroid with him.
Ok: hold it. Noxus, rundas. And sylux are legit.
Ok resume sarcasm.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Believe it or not, it's pretty damn hard to not respond seriously to some of these fake-detractor comments. I guess it has become an instinct at this point.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
In all serious, Adam would be a much better second (or third, whatever) Metroid rep.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
A Metroid is the ideal newcomer rep for Metroid.

Who cares if it's an assist trophy?

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I came here to relax and joke around involving Ridley, AND THIS IS WHAT I RUN INTO!

I can never be happy again, can I? :sadeyes:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Guys I hate Ridley, he's not even important to metroid. If he was a boss in brawl he's gonna be a boss again. Plus he's as big as f***ing Jupiter like jeez. Also he'd just be a clone of Charizard so stop.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I came here to relax and joke around involving Ridley, AND THIS IS WHAT I RUN INTO!

I can never be happy again, can I? :sadeyes:
This is the detractor's paradise, my friend. It's in the title.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
As a detractor, it is also extremely repetitive to read: "we saw Ridley's shadow, it was not Ridley" for some arbitrary reason.
If I thought you were serious about this statement.

At this point were at endgame people, whoever thinks he's playable or a boss, I doubt I can change there minds so will just have to wait for the eventual news.

Last edited:
Top Bottom