• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Or Hybridley could just have the Roidley tail and Spikes but still be close enough to classicley to warrant a metaley altley.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Any alt costume with proportions that are not very close to Roidley's (if they will keep his proportions) are not going to happen because...just look at Pikadorf or Ridley import hack and you will know the answer. Their model won't fit on Roidley's skeleton/rig/bone set/whatever, so, no classic Ridley, Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, etc...That means that only hybrid of Roidley and Ridley (if default model is just revamped Roidley) or pure Roidley will be possible. I hope there will be absolutely no Conceptley, not even as alt costume...i hate it. I doubt any of you hate it or at least as much as i do.
What if we get meta Roidley? Like it had the design elements of Meta Ridley but on the body of Hybriley or Roidley

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai: However, take a look at this. Yes, Ridley is playable, wearing his brandnew Mewtwo mask, unfortunatly, this means Mewtwo won't join the battle.

Watch me get flamed for this
Mewtwo is a better purple space dragon than Ridley, admit it. Mewtwo should get the Ridley mask while Ridley is assigned to his confirmed boss role.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
But hugs of death are awesome. And the only one I can't see happening is Ghor.

Her transformations would be different, though, not the same as down B/final smash transformations.

Ice attacks are so generic.
No offense, but ghandrya sucks IMO. Sylux or rundas over her any day. (Misspellings ftw) obviously Ridley gets priority, but after him it should be one of those two for sure.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
What if the next metriod introduced random members of ridley's species (hopefully retconing the pokemon biz in other m)?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mewtwo is a better purple space dragon than Ridley, admit it. Mewtwo should get the Ridley mask while Ridley is assigned to his confirmed boss role.
To be honest, I don't care for Mewtwo, I only played Melee for 1 day without a memory card, so I think he is meh, even in pokemon. Back to Ridley

*Ridley appears menacingly towards Samus with her Other M look*
Ridley *slowbeef*:HELLO THERE, GEOFORM 187 HERE, BRINGING YOU A BRRRRRRRRRRAND NEW PRODUCT! CHOZO PUFFS! THEY SATISFY YOUR NEED FOR NOURISHMENT, TASTE GREAT, AND HAVE REAL CHOZO PARTS! *Samus cries in fetal position*
Ridley:BUY THEM AT YOUR LOCAL KRAID R US AND FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, PARTS OF SAMUS ARAN!
Samus: Wait, what?
Ridley:GO EAT THESE F*&^KERS TO CELEBRATE ME BEING PLAYABLE IN SMASH BROTHERS, IF YOU DON'T BUY THEM,I WILL STAB YOU A FEW TIMES WITH MR. STABBY TAIL HERE, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE EM, I'LL KILL YOU ALL!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Omega Ridley and MP3 Meta Ridley or riot

It took me a LONG time to figure out the yellow dot things weren't his eyes, admit, THOSE THINGS LOOK LIKE EYES DAMMIT
-u- for me it wasn't hard to notice that the 3 little dots at the side of his face were not his eyes....the hardest thing for me to figure out was what form his eyes had....since they are small, and the "shine" they have didn't let me see them with detail...
1349243829_b4fcc6b84b_o.jpg

and specially the goddamn lighting didn't let me see a thing....but many references later...I finally saw how they were, and it is one of the main problems I have when I try to draw Omega...

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Ridley is too big... just try and counter that; oh wait, I forgot, you can't. You are in denial. Ridley will NEVER be in Smash. He is big as ****. Sakurai even confirmed that he was impossible. Why do I even bother? Ridley was confirmed as a boss. I have all the proof and you cling to your hopes and dreams without looking at the evidence. Seriously, why am I even in this thread full of people who support a boss character. Geno is more likely. GTFO.
Here we go.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
-u- for me it wasn't hard to notice that the 3 little dots at the side of his face were not his eyes....the hardest thing for me to figure out was what form his eyes had....since they are small, and the "shine" they have didn't let me see them with detail...
View attachment 20338
and specially the goddamn lighting didn't let me see a thing....but many references later...I finally sow how they were, and it is one of the main problems I have when I try to draw Omega...
Ah, but here is where you and I differ: I am a bloody idiot and didn't notice the red glowy eyes in their usual position

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Sakurai: However, take a look at this. Yes, Ridley is playable, wearing his brandnew Mewtwo mask, unfortunatly, this means Mewtwo won't join the battle.
"When Ridley is wearing the Mewtwo mask, Alfonzo joins the fight! Alfonzo: What the hell I didn't sign up for this."

Morbi

Scavenger
Here we go.
Let me guess? You have nothing relevant to contribute because I speak only the truth? I read your "second post" and it does not prove anything objectively. It is a theory at best (if you can call it that). I understand what it is like to be inept at speculation; however, that is no excuse to support a character that was confirmed to be a boss. Did you watch the Direct?

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit, they look a bit like eyes. If you squint. Really hard. Ow.
Just kidding. It actually looks pretty good.

I do have problems with Meta Ridley's design in MP3, because it's completely ignored why he suddently is clad in full metal armour as opposed to being the cyborg from MP1. That, and it barely even looks meta anymore. It's more like it's a new Ridley with very shiny skin.
Omega Ridley, on the other hand, it pretty cool, with his flesh and such bursting through his damaged armour.
The conspiracist in me thinks they probably started with fleshy Ridley but Nintendo told them "nope" at the last minute.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
oh. . .well game over we lose. Although this leak is a little fishy. . .

On topic if Roidley was given all/most incarnations as alt costumes which would be your preference. Mine would probably be meta
(is this on topic I honestly don't know what counts anymore. . . .)
Me personally I would like to see omega ridley, ridley x and box art ridley from super metroid. Also maybe a Charizard alt would be interesting to see. I mean i guess at this point any dragon in the nintendoverse could be fair game.

Edit: not omega ridley, he is actually my least favorite. I want the black one from zero mission.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
False, we have a beta animation of Meta Ridley appearing where Omega Ridley appeared
That has nothing to do with that really.
Ridley was called just "Ridley" before launch, later they added the "Meta".

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Also maybe a Charizard alt would be interesting to see.
Just to mess with people.

Let me guess? You have nothing relevant to contribute because I speak only the truth? I read your "second post" and it does not prove anything objectively. It is a theory at best (if you can call it that). I understand what it is like to be inept at speculation; however, that is no excuse to support a character that was confirmed to be a boss. Did you watch the Direct?
This. So much this.
Also, have you seen how big the tail was in the direct? It was twice the size of Pikachu. F*ing twice the size. It's as if you guys are seeing Ridley-shaped clouds in some trailer and proclaiming it was intentional and that it hints at Ridley's inclusion.
I'm outta here. I can't deal with this much stupidity.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Guys, we've been beaten. this detractor has a good point. apparently it takes time and effort to make a model for a video game character:
"Hey screw you pal your one bout this debate which is getting very old and I'm tired of having to explain this. Image Ridley is in the game (which he's not) sakurai would of had to take up so much time with scale down the model , trying to make him look less intimidating with out change his character do you want this game delayed even more becase of this selfish disigher for a charater who doesn't fit in. "

Edit: i told him to stop whining and he replied to me and its hilarious "It's not whining fool it's called common sense and actually using our developed minds genius so if sakurai gives you a call and finds a away to shut me up then I'll stop talking but till then I have a right to what I say"

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Oh, I get it. This is a joke or something. Sorry, I'm not a regular on this thread but I do support Ridley.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
This is really good acting, you know?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ah, but here is where you and I differ: I am a bloody idiot and didn't notice the red glowy eyes in their usual position
Eh, things happen.....-u- but oh well....Now I want to hug Omega Ridley so hard....and pinch his metallic face....

Morbi

Scavenger
Aren't you a supporter?
I am a supporter of boss Ridley. Ridley is prominently featured as a boss in Metroid, correct? Have you ever played as him? No. I did not think so. Real Metroid fans want Ridley to be in his most prevalent form, a boss and Sakurai listened to us.

Last edited:

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
What if the next metriod introduced random members of ridley's species (hopefully retconing the pokemon biz in other m)?
Personally I would prefer either this or Ridley on his own, way over the Pokemon evolution line they had going in Other M. No idea what they were thinking. Would never expect to see Ridley as a fluffy chicken thing. O_0

Morbi

Scavenger
Guys, we've been beaten. this detractor has a good point. apparently it takes time and effort to make a model for a video game character:
"Hey screw you pal your one bout this debate which is getting very old and I'm tired of having to explain this. Image Ridley is in the game (which he's not) sakurai would of had to take up so much time with scale down the model , trying to make him look less intimidating with out change his character do you want this game delayed even more becase of this selfish disigher for a charater who doesn't fit in. "
Are you a game designer? Do you design games, bro? A model does take a lot of time and effort. Time and effort not spent on Ridley because everyone already knows that he is not going to be in the game.

Oh, I get it. This is a joke or something. Sorry, I'm not a regular on this thread but I do support Ridley.
Utterly pretentious. Are you insinuating that anyone that does not support Ridley is a joke? I cannot believe how delusional you guys are. You just ignore my arguments. I suppose that means that I won.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
If I had water in my mouth, I would've spat it all over my laptop.
Luckily I didn't so that saves me some time cleaning it all up.

I don't get why people don't think about what they say before they say it. This guy is claiming that downscaling Ridley takes a significant enough amount of time to make a delay. Say, a month. It's not like they have to climb on top of the bloody model and then mess around with some metaphysical representation of the modeling program UI. What the hell.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
By that logic, you can't really say he is going to be a boss character either. The direct never had a stage boss section. It was called Yellow Devil and he sort of transitioned into stage bosses sort of as a promise for potential bosses. Then The shadow appears and he says "other bosses do stuff on stages too." Its okay to assume that things next to each other automatically correlate to being the same thing. Ridley very well could be a stage boss and this whole thread could be for nothing. But hey, why can't people have fun? This is Smash Bros. after all.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I am a supporter of boss Ridley. Ridley is prominently featured as a boss in Metroid, correct? Have you ever played as him? No. I did not think so. Real Metroid fans want Ridley to be in his most prevalent form, a boss and Sakurai listened to us.
Sarcasm or not, Ive seen diehard 'troid fans that do have this idea. Unsurprisingly, they are not too fond of the newer 3D games in the series either.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
By that logic, you can't really say he is going to be a boss character either. The direct never had a stage boss section. It was called Yellow Devil and he sort of transitioned into stage bosses sort of as a promise for potential bosses. Then The shadow appears and he says "other bosses do stuff on stages too." Its okay to assume that things next to each other automatically correlate to being the same thing. Ridley very well could be a stage boss and this whole thread could be for nothing. But hey, why can't people have fun? This is Smash Bros. after all.
Occam's razor establishes that the perspective with the least assumptions is more likely than not, the most accurate.

However, you can have your fun. I cannot stop you for supporting a character... even if Ridley is the most illogical character to ever "grace" speculators minds.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Maybe ridley would be in if japan liked him but they only care about generic anime swords man and their waifu, I guess they just need to add tentacles to ridley.

Morbi

Scavenger
Are people really that bored that they're pretending to be detractors now? D:
Again with this non-sense? The Ridley supporters are so conceited that they believe that everyone else fabricates their perspectives in favor of fiction? No. He is never going to be playable. His hit-boxes would be far too strange and it would be awkward to scale him down. I cannot comprehend what is so difficult to fathom about that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom