• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
i remember on miiverse with people going like " i would LOVE to have more metroid characters, we could have Sylux, Rundas, Dark samus, NOT RIDLEY!!!!!"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 20326
Here it is...kinda random
Sakurai: Bad news Ridley we can't put your brother in. Ridley: YES! Sakurai: But we can't put you in either, your brother was a better body. Ridley: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!Sakurai:Howver, we can make you fuse, with you having the dominant personality. Ridley: DO IT NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUR BIRTHDAY CAKE DAMMIT

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
View attachment 20326
Here it is...kinda random
He's so happy!

Sakurai: Bad news Ridley we can't put your brother in. Ridley: YES! Sakurai: But we can't put you in either, your brother was a better body. Ridley: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!Sakurai:Howver, we can make you fuse, with you having the dominant personality. Ridley: DO IT NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUR BIRTHDAY CAKE DAMMIT
"With my superior intellect, and your dumb muscle, we could rule the world!"

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Ridley has no style, he has no grace.
This dragon has a funny face.
He can handstand when he needs to,
And stretch his arms out, just for you.
Tear you apart like a balloon.
This crazy dragon just digs this tune!
lamepunheh

...looks like someone lost his remaining parts of sanity here. And we must promptly shoot him so he wouldn`t have to suffer. And to stop this decease from spreading. We still need random mooks for our final battle.

That is why i consider this Samus to be real one while thinking Samus that appears in cutscenes is actually an actor that plays her role for Mother Brain's favourite drama mexican whatever TV series or just a bad drama movie (not seriously of course because reality is a real b**** with such things as this and Ridley's role in SSB). Anyone agrees with me? Just look at what she does in gameplay, like it, look at cutscenes - ignore them, continue gameplay. In gameplay, she is Samus you all know - silent, bada$$ and not caring about anything except for her mission and killing random mooks in awesome way. So...are those 2 same person or what?

EDIT: 1001 post! Tehee...
Ridley's back again and it's about time too
And this time he's in the mood
He can fly real high with his massive wings
With his talons out, he's one tough thing
He'll make you smile when he makes it through
But Samus beware cuz he's after you
HUH!
Ridley! Ridley's come!
Ridley! Ridley is now here!

He's so happy!

"With my superior intellect, and your dumb muscle, we could rule the world!"
I don't know why but I immediately thought pinky and the brain. . . Ridley and the (mother) brain would be an awesome show
and already off topic and it's all my fault
EDit greninja'd so very painfully. . .

Last edited:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Y'know, this picture is bothering me.
Didn't she have a trauma or something?
Why does she attack like that when sticking herself between his jaws would be pretty much triggering another attack of sissification?
I play games for their gameplay. I usually don't care about story. I like well-written characters. But for christs sake, even if you do them badly, at least keep them bloody consistent will you?
There's a difference between story Samus and gameplay Samus in Other M. A really, really stark difference that helps make an already bad game seem worse than it is.

I'd vouch for Ridley's Other M design, though. It DOES look pretty intimidating, provided the jaws are modified.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
i remember on miiverse with people going like " i would LOVE to have more metroid characters, we could have Sylux, Rundas, Dark samus, NOT RIDLEY!!!!!"
I swear if Rundas of all characters is revealed instead of Ridley, I'll, I'll, I'll just

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I don't know why but I immediately thought pinky and the brain. . . Ridley and the (mother) brain would be an awesome show
and already off topic and it's all my fault
EDit greninja'd so very painfully. . .
While I was typing that I thought it in Brain's voice.

The thread just got linked on the smash reddit again. An influx of guests/detractors is possible
Oh bother.
Guys, put on your smiles, be polite, and don't bite anyone's head off this time.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
And the ultimate combination of that ruins minds of everyone who looks at it. So, look at it so i will be able to take control of the thousands of mindless Ridley supporters to rule the world!..and to force Sakurai to make Ridley playable!..i mean i just want to show you this absolutely harmless image...yeah...totally that...
Anyway, that is my vision of perfect Rioidley hybrid:

Roidley's perfect for Super Smash Bros proportions+Ridley's intellect, skeletal look and jaws design = this beaty. It just needs more fingers.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And the ultimate combination of that ruins minds of everyone who looks at it. So, look at it so i will be able to take control of the thousands of mindless Ridley supporters to rule the world!..and to force Sakurai to make Ridley playable!..i mean i just want to show you this absolutely harmless image...yeah...totally that...
Anyway, that is my vision of perfect Rioidley hybrid:

Roidley's perfect for Super Smash Bros proportions+Ridley's intellect, skeletal look and jaws design = this beaty. It just needs more fingers.
You forgot Roidley's arms and tail, while forgetting Ridley's wings, the shadows don't lie

Edit: Crap, we got 34 guests, the reddit sharing seems to work, *pulls Ridley's TRex grabby hands Schalternate made* COME AT ME!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You forgot Roidley's arms and tail, while forgetting Ridley's wings, the shadows don't lie
Roidley's arms and tail go into his perfect proportions category and those wings aren't Ridley's wings. They are a lot more like Roidley's. Anyway, that isn't even close to how he looks in Sm4sh, just how would perfect Rioidley hybrid look like.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Oh bother.
Guys, put on your smiles, be polite, and don't bite anyone's head off this time.
What if I find someone irksome and then I rip out their spine?

Does anyone get the reference?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
What if I find someone irksome and then I rip out their spine?

Does anyone get the reference?
Sigh.
Fine. But only halfway. I don't want any loose spines hanging around when I come back.
Yes Poopmin I was in fact referring to you.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Guys, Wiidude83 made a bet with a detractor...he will get 100 bucks if Ridley is indeed playable like he says...AND HE ORIGINALLY THOUGHT RIDLEY WOULDN'T BE IN!
Riddle me this Riddle...

What weight less than an atom?

A bet on the internet.

sooo, does have something interesting happened?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'd be down for a playable Rundas. Really, I just want another Metroid rep that isn't Adam.
Playable Gandrayda would be better, at least in terms of visual appeal and abilities/potential moveset.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Riddle me this Riddle...

What weight less than an atom?

A bet on the internet.

sooo, does have something interesting happened?

They both agreed and Wiidude spread it out on twitter and facebook
That…

Was not at all what i was getting at.

A for effort, though.
At least I tried!
Playable Gandrayda would be better, at least in terms of visual appeal and abilities/potential moveset.
Gandrayda is the MP3 bounty hunter I can't see happening as the only thing she does is cartwheel, throw sparks and give people hugs of death, but that's just my opinion

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

I'm gonna need someone to put Ridley's/Roidley's face on this so I can use it for his reveal.

EDIT----------------

Remember me?

done...but i think you'll have to edit out the blackness and make it into a gif again and blah

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Transformations cut. 90% moveset impossible at least without being game breaking. So, Rundas is better. And he would be the first character with ice attacks. And ICE CAR!

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Gandrayda is the MP3 bounty hunter I can't see happening as the only thing she does is cartwheel, throw sparks and give people hugs of death, but that's just my opinion
But hugs of death are awesome. And the only one I can't see happening is Ghor.
Transformations cut. 90% moveset invalid. So, Rundas is better. And he would be the first character with ice attacks. And ICE CAR!
Her transformations would be different, though, not the same as down B/final smash transformations.

Ice attacks are so generic.

Last edited:

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
Soooooooooooooo, following this thread. It's hard. I try, but... Anyway, Ridley. I wish I was better at writing so I could write a big long paragraph with background music from the Mother series, but I can't. I just really want Ridley.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Why? We already have Zero Suit Samus!

The problem with Gandrayda is that she has no real attacks of her own, being a shapeshifter and copying others. And her transforming into the other hunters wouldn't feel right. She'd technically be Prime's representative, and while I like her battle music she isn't that notable.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

They both agreed and Wiidude spread it out on twitter and facebook

At least I tried!

Mayiw is a total loser and he wrote a whole essay on why he is one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom