• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
I wonder, will Ridley share a trailer with a veteran or maybe a newcomer similar to Robin/Lucina trailer or not? What would you guys prefer?
I always thought it would be really swell to show Ness in Onett going to the top of the mountain where he finds buzz buzz and like a meteor just crashing down in front of him with Ridley inside ready to eat him and all the inhabitants.

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
Ridley and K. Rool reveal would be magical! I'd have such a fangasm.

Edit: Oh, and for a vet, reworked Ganondorf?
It would be awesome if there is a villain trailer. O.o I can imagine that Ganondorf will be announced through potd unless by miracle that Ganondorf has a new moveset which will be even more hype.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Actually a really cool trailer for the villains would be if cutscenes for each newcomer villain were shown defeating their hero counterparts in their respective titles and then shown to like.. I don't know.. use the power of the tri-force or travel around space however Ridley accomplishes space travel (he could even find the coordinates to smash on Samus' ship) to reach the smash universe.

And then

The fighters in smash are having a good time smashing when the villains crash land on the fight and start destroying everyone on the field. It'd be like the heros failed to keep the villains from entering smash.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ridley and Roidley join the fray!
I'd go Ridley and Little Bird, myself. All those "too big" complaints against the baby Ridley would be hilarious. Final Smash, he becomes Roidley for a time and wrecks everyone.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
you give me an idea...
Good! That's good! Ideas are good! You drawing stuff is always good!
dont push yourself though, just work at your own pace

Link and Pit were already confirmed, why have them in the Palutena trailer? (this is a poor example im sorry)
Not really, it demonstrates that prior confirmation doesn't necessarily affect their chances to be in a newcomer trailer.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
-u- I know, but I want to give a try to this idea....after I finish my breakfast of
I think that Koopa Crunches taste way better.

But yeah, it'd be nice to see any kind of Smash Direct coming up soon. Just to see any character honestly, not just Ridley.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I just realized that "Roidley" is pretty much "Ridley" with an Irish accent or something.
Headcanon updated accordingly.

I think that Koopa Crunches taste way better.

But yeah, it'd be nice to see any kind of Smash Direct coming up soon. Just to see any character honestly, not just Ridley.
Yessss.
New pictures to conspire over!
More material for straw-grasping!
And Ghirahim or something I guess.
or ridleeeeey

Silly Andrea, Chozo Puffs are for under age space pirates, I'll have to confiscate them as you weren't authorized to have any...
Sod off Adam.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Silly Andrea, Chozo Puffs are for under age space pirates, I'll have to confiscate them as you weren't authorized to have any...
Adam is that you?

EDIT: Lucky I was just here Smiling :p

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
I want Ness to be part of Ridley's reveal trailer.
that would be glorious, i mained Ness in Brawl. defeated a 6th time champion of brawl (he played wolf) with my ness, it was a glorious day. but tbh i would think it would make sense for ness to appear in shulks trailer since they're both japanese rpg games...then again robin and lucina are not from a racing game XD

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I wonder, will Ridley share a trailer with a veteran or maybe a newcomer similar to Robin/Lucina trailer or not? What would you guys prefer?
If it's a villain trailer you bet ya. But otherwise I don't think so, I imagine it'd focus more on Ridley and Samus' rivalry. Perhaps it could confirm Falco if we're going with the space theme.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
OmegaFight.jpg

"YOU DON'T HAVE ANY KIND AUTHORITY OVER WHAT SHE CAN EAT OR NOT! I DO! SO SHE CAN EAT WHATEVER SHE DAMN PLEASES!"

You heard the Commander.....take your hands off my prey...oops...I mean, breakfast...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 20314
"YOU DON'T HAVE ANY KIND AUTHORITY OVER WHAT SHE CAN EAT OR NOT! I DO! SO SHE CAN EAT WHATEVER SHE DAMN PLEASES!"

You heard the Commander.....take your hands off my prey...oops...I mean, breakfast...
:falco:: I thought I heard someone say bread! And because I'm suddenly Adam, time to blow myself up for no reason as I didn't fight the cunning god of death

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
someone on relax alax's ridley video said that ridley cant be in because they cant add a bird to smash brothers and it will be the baddest thing nintendo ever does...then he uses size. someone else tries to correct him and the guy tells him to admit ridley wont be in the game :/

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
someone on relax alax's ridley video said that ridley cant be in because they cant add a bird to smash brothers and it will be the baddest thing nintendo ever does...then he uses size. someone else tries to correct him and the guy tells him to admit ridley wont be in the game :/
GG guys, looks like we have been foiled again, the shadows were for nothing!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
What kind of excuses will detractors think of next?

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
I'd kill for a Metroid bowl like that.
Remember, metroids aren't pets, and to a lesser extent, not cereal bowls. Also, I would find it really awesome if we had a smash direct all about boss stages and completely disclude the pyrosphere until the end where Sakurai would announce Ridley to be playable

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
that would be glorious, i mained Ness in Brawl. defeated a 6th time champion of brawl (he played wolf) with my ness, it was a glorious day. but tbh i would think it would make sense for ness to appear in shulks trailer since they're both japanese rpg games...then again robin and lucina are not from a racing game XD
That doesn't really mean much. Captain Falcon is from a futuristic racing game and appeared in a Fire Emblem newcomers trailer.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
What kind of excuses will detractors think of next?
i remember someone on Miiverse said that ridley cant be playable because we already have a dragon. and i told him with that logic then Mario should be the only human in the game (so long falcon, ness, lucas, snake, we already have a human), and that samus should be the only female in the game (bye bye peach, zelda, lucina, palutena, we already got a woman.), and that dk should be the only animal in the game (adios pikachu, fox, falco, wolf, sonic.)

That doesn't really mean much. Captain Falcon is from a futuristic racing game and appeared in a Fire Emblem newcomers trailer.
basically what i said at the end of my sentence

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
i remember someone on Miiverse said that ridley cant be playable because we already have a dragon. and i told him with that logic then Mario should be the only human in the game (so long falcon, ness, lucas, snake, we already ahve a human), and that samus should be the only female in the game (bye bye peach, zelda, lucina, palutena, we already got a woman.), and that dk should be the only animal in the game (adios pikachu, fox, falco, wolf, sonic.)
It's a shame it's a common argument, and it's a bigger shame(hihi) that they throw all evidence out of the window

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Maybe I'm missing something, but what dragon do we already have?

Top Bottom