• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
...i feel like this month is going to have nothing but disappointment in it.

im just bouncing back and forth between hopefulness and hopelessness.

i dunno, a playable ridley just seems like one of those "too good to be true" things... which never seem to end well.

i know so much evidence points to him being hyped up through teasing and everything... but thats exactly why im so worried.

hopefully im worrying over nothing.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
*sigh*
Everyone thinks that Ridley has to be a boss. Everybody apparently thinks now he was GOING to be a boss. There's nothing stating he will be, nor is there anything stating he was.
Stop getting worked up about this. It's bad for your health.
And going off-topic is even worse for your health because of the almighty IsmaR. Fear his/her unrivaled wrath and kneel before our lord Ridley.
I doubt Ridley`s role has ever changed during development of either Brawl or this game.

...i feel like this month is going to have nothing but disappointment in it.

im just bouncing back and forth between hopefulness and hopelessness.

i dunno, a playable ridley just seems like one of those "too good to be true" things... which never seem to end well.

i know so much evidence points to him being hyped up through teasing and everything... but thats exactly why im so worried.

hopefully im worrying over nothing.
It will happen. Maybe not this time, but it is not impossible. It is not one of the "too good to be true" things. Ridley getting his own game is. Or a new Metroid Prime game being announced this year. Maybe even just new Metroid Prime game. As have been said many times here, hope for the best, expect the worst.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about this for a while. The chances of it happening are absurdly ridleyculous. Like, once in a blue moon chances. But what if BOTH Ridley and Roidley were added as characters? That'd be the most awesome thing to happen.
Ridley would be the air-based fighter. Great aerial mobility, ability to fly, and good damage to boot, but despite his size still a mediumweight character. Roidley would be much heavier and more ground-based, and also slower. He would probably inherit his armoured skin power from Other M, which would temporarily give him super armour, but can only be used every so often and is immediately deactivated when hit in the face.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I doubt Ridley`s role has ever changed during development of either Brawl or this game.
People found Ridley's coding as an assist trophy remember?

Note to self, ask friends with recording software to record live reaction and share on teh interwebz. And who ever will do the 'I was wrong' thread needs to add these: I didn't expect him to be this cool, or alternatively:TOO BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG WHINE WHINE WHINE!!!!
We also need a reaction thread when he is confirmed

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Have they done a direct 2 days after another one?
Last year they had a Direct for Wonderful 101 and a general Nintendo Direct in the same week. It's possible.

It falling on the 6th though for Ridley isn't likely though, as youd think they'd announced it already

Last year they had a Direct for Wonderful 101 and a general Nintendo Direct in the same week. It's possible.

It falling on the 6th though for Ridley isn't likely though, as youd think they'd announced it already
Last August: August 7th was a general direct, August 9th was a Wonderful 101 direct.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d
Yes, April 8th was the Smash Direct, April 10th was the Tomadachi Life Direct
Thanks guys. :)

It's possible to get a general direct on the 6th then. I think putting it on the 6th might give it away, we know Sakurai likes to keep us on the edge of out seats so I'm not sure if he would just give it away like that. Then again....how many people know that August 6th is the Metroid 25th anniversary.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is possible, but unlikely. I think they would have announced it already. I can see a general direct happening one week after the Hyrule Warriors one, though.

Oh, right...hm...why did they wanted to add him as an assist trophy?
Yeah, he's too big..:troll:

Edit: Seriously though, I think it's interesting that Ridley was going to be an assist trophy in Brawl. I wonder if he would've still been a boss in SSE?

It is possible, but unlikely. I think they would have announced it already. I can see a general direct happening one week after the Hyrule Warriors one, though.
Yeah that's a possibility, but I wonder when they'll do another Smash dedicated direct? Late August?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yeah that's a possibility, but I wonder when they'll do another Smash dedicated direct? Late August?
I wouldn't expect a Smash Direct in August. There may be one when the Wii U version is close to be released, though. I am expecting the August direct to be a general one, with game announcements and stuff. Of course, we could get a Smash direct AND a general direct. It wouldn't be the first occasion of three directs being broadcast in one month, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for that.

Friendly reminder: Avoid double posting :p

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect a Smash Direct in August. There may be one when the Wii U version is close to be released, though. I am expecting the August direct to be a general one, with game announcements and stuff. Of course, we could get a Smash direct AND a general direct. It wouldn't be the first occasion of three directs being broadcast in one month, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for that.

Friendly reminder: Avoid double posting :p
Oh sorry, didn't even notice that. Will do.

Last edited:
I heard a rumor that Dyna Blade would be the boss, but was replaced by Ridley as he is more popular than Dyna Blade
That's actually pretty cool. Perhaps Dyna Blade was going to be a boss when the whole "bus" thing was going to be the story instead of the SSE.

For those who don't know about the scrapped "bus" story mode: http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/ssbb/3/1

Right. It wasn’t bad at all and had its own appeal, but it was a bit different than what I had envisioned it would be. It went something like this…"Some of the characters are on a bus on the way to the stadium. Samus is there. Donkey Kong is there and Snake is watching the bus from afar." It was like that. (laughs) I had envisioned a more serious tone for the story. Something with some misfortunelike a single character escaping total annihilation of his squadron and then fighting back while rounding up his allies. Ultimately, we worked together and successfully organized our ideas into the storyline for .
Edit: Actually now that I think about it, maybe not since Sakurai said it was not what he envisioned the story mode to be in Brawl. He wanted a more serious tone, and it sounds like the idea never got very far in development.

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
I just got an idea for Ridley's trailer. If they tie in Pokemon trainer or Mewtwo in it, they should totally make a joke about how Ridley has 3 different forms in Other M just like in Pokemon. Like they could have the Pokemon Trainer use the pokedex on him or something.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito

Sakurai's Birthday Cake.
It has 6 strawberries.
1 2 3 4 5 6
6 Letters?
R I D L E Y
RIDLEY CONFIRMED.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just learned that Sakurai is still working now...oh wait, timezones! Anyway, if Ridley gets confirmed, I'll go break some Nutella pot lids, as that happened when I saw Mega Man, rushing around the house for 1 hour like a maniac, smashing lids with butter knives, Mother that fears I went insane, You guys might know the rest.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

If we're getting a direct or a character reveal on the 6th, I've been expecting to hear it announced on Monday.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ok, I dislike Shokio, I know he trolled about Ridley, but one of his vids called 'Bad Miiverse suggestions' or something, someone said Ridley has a size that will never be changed and he agreed about it, not too stupid, BUT YOU DO NOT DISS THE BANDANA DEE DAMMIT! Before I get warned for off topic, note this about: size being the same through out games

A new stretch on this argument! Not just Little Mac or Palutena in the cutscene of SSE, but the Bulborb has been resized, I'd show a picture, but alas, no good quality pics on the Bulborb in Smash Run, and considering they are still in Olimar's final smash, yeah, sizes are inconsistent in smash sequels aswell

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ok, I dislike Shokio, I know he trolled about Ridley, but one of his vids called 'Bad Miiverse suggestions' or something, someone said Ridley has a size that will never be changed and he agreed about it, not too stupid, BUT YOU DO NOT DISS THE BANDANA DEE DAMMIT! Before I get warned for off topic, note this about: size being the same through out games

A new stretch on this argument! Not just Little Mac or Palutena in the cutscene of SSE, but the Bulborb has been resized, I'd show a picture, but alas, no good quality pics on the Bulborb in Smash Run, and considering they are still in Olimar's final smash, yeah, sizes are inconsistent in smash sequels aswell
Let's also not forget that, in any sort of canon universe, Bulborbs are small enough that 90% of the cast could just step on them. The character cast is resized for the situation anyway.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96

Technically, there are different sizes of Bulborb within Pikmin canon. Despite the previous statement, comparing the Brawl Stage Hazard Bulborb with Brawl Olimar, the Bulborb seems about the size of Emperor Bulblax. (That's without comparing it to the other fighters with their canon size)

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I want to see Mewtwo return in a trailer. Most of the other veterans, like Ganondorf, I'm pretty confident will return, even if hidden. But since Mewtwo didn't make it to Brawl, I want him in a trailer.

As for other newcomers to feature with Ridley, I want to see Isaac from Golden Sun.

If they do a "two from the same series" sort of thing as they did with Robin/Lucina, then either Rundas or Trace.

Last edited:
Top Bottom