• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
i remember someone on Miiverse said that ridley cant be playable because we already have a dragon. and i told him with that logic then Mario should be the only human in the game (so long falcon, ness, lucas, snake, we already have a human), and that samus should be the only female in the game (bye bye peach, zelda, lucina, palutena, we already got a woman.), and that dk should be the only animal in the game (adios pikachu, fox, falco, wolf, sonic.)
Yes. This is the best response to this type of detractor that I've seen. You go. You put that person in their place. I can't stand people who use the "Two dragons" reason.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
There is another one... kinda... but it is a huge spoiler from their game of origin. :p
Yes...Robin certainly is one, and an enormous one at that. And yet nobody's saying she's too big.

There's also Bowser.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Charizard may be a dragon, but he hardly feels like one. He's bumbling, stupid, weighted and I personally don't at all find him threatening. Ridley, while also being a dragon, couldn't be further from Charizard as he is intelligent, cunning and far more agile in the air. Also, Charizard hits much harder on the ground, which is exactly the opposite of what people imagine Ridley would do.

Edit: I still think Charizard is really awesome though, I meant no disrespect :4charizard:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Charizard may be a dragon, but he hardly feels like one. He's bumbling, stupid, weighted and I personally don't at all find him threatening. Ridley, while also being a dragon, couldn't be further from Charizard as he is intelligent, cunning and far more agile in the air. Also, Charizard hits much harder on the ground, which is exactly the opposite of what people imagine Ridley would do.
Charizard's wings have been shown to be frickin' huge! RIDLEYZ W1NGS 3 B1G 5 ME Shut it you moron! Ridley's wings are redesigned! 101 GET MAD RIDLEY %^& UR JUST IN DENIAL

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Charizard is fine, he's just a different kind of dragon. To be fair Ridley is a very atypical dragon himself, he's usually very skinny and not very big in comparison to other dragons, his hunched bipedal movements are also rather unique to himself. There's a big difference between Ridley and other bigshot dragons like Deathwing, Smaug and Alduin.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Which one? and Ridley would have fried you if it wasn't for the fact Tail Whip does no damage!

Edit:No, I have no skill with the spoiler tags
Damage doesn't matter. Ridley pushed him off the stage. KO!

Not to mention, I thought he fell into the lava, and I don't think his armor can survive that.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
alright, im gonna do an experiment on miiverse and hopefully i will get results. im going to post "i believe ridley will be a playable character in super smash brothers with a reasonable size. after all, sakurai has hinted at characters before, ridley is no exception" i am waiting for little kids to scream TOO BIG at me...meh

majora_787

Smash Hero
So according to Gamefaqs, basic size comparisons are worthless because despite being correct and generally accurate they don't look aesthetically pleasing.

And Ridley is in fact gigantic because as Ridley moves closer to the stage his shadow would get larger because the stage's light source is underneath the stage, which is how shadows are projected downward onto the top of the stage.

Super anti-Ridley level intelligence at work dropping the mad anti-science.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
RIDLEY WON'T BE PLAYABLE BECAUSE I SAID SO! SAKURAI IS OBVIOUSLY HINTING AT BOSS RIDLEY IN THE 4 TROPHYS OR ANTHONY YOU LOT ARE IN DENIAL BECAUSE I HAVE NO MORE COUNTER ARGUMENTS
Please, no! Even if you're trolling, it makes my ears bleed! ><

Speaking of, I actually met a guy on Miiverse called "Ridley Fan." After seeing his posts, it was apparent that this guy was doing something in the line of "blackface." -_-'

D

Deleted member

If Birds weren't in the game, how else would Sakurai be able to feed his cat?

/badjokes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
So according to Gamefaqs, basic size comparisons are worthless because despite being correct and generally accurate they don't look aesthetically pleasing.

And Ridley is in fact gigantic because as Ridley moves closer to the stage his shadow would get larger because the stage's light source is underneath the stage, which is how shadows are projected downward onto the top of the stage.

Gotta love gamefaqs!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Please, no! Even if you're trolling, it makes my ears bleed! ><

Speaking of, I actually met a guy on Miiverse called "Ridley Fan." After seeing his posts, it was apparent that this guy was doing something in the line of "blackface." -_-'
Don't worry, I would never go against Ridley, and if you looked, you would see I merely mocked the dastards(IsmaR they used it in a 12+ game I think I am allowed to use it but if not, my bad)

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Despite the fact that Pikachu's shadow in the Direct was miniscule, to the point of me thinking that Pikachu didn't even HAVE a shadow.
And, y'know, this is not how light works and stuff.
How old are these kids again?

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I wonder, will Ridley share a trailer with a veteran or maybe a newcomer similar to Robin/Lucina trailer or not? What would you guys prefer?
I'd have Samus and a bunch of other confirmed Smashers fighting in that mountain area while an obscured Ridley watches in the shadows. A bit later Ridley comes out and sneaks attacks Samus and temporarily takes her out of commission while proceeding to kick the ass of all the other Smashers there. Samus then gets up and she and Ridley face off before Ridley gets his intro graphic and we cut to game footage.

At the end of the trailer, Samus and Ridley are fighting until they have to dodge two energy blasts suddenly hurled towards them. Both look in the direction it came from and they see an obscured figure at the top of a cliff similar to Mega Man in his trailer. Said figure is revealed to be Mewtwo and we get the "Mewtwo Strikes Back" intro graphic and the trailer ends.

Mewtwo and Ridley are confirmed and mega hype ensues.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It was finally time for me to part ways with the Ivysaur dream, I want to be able to fill out all my signature icons at some point and Ivysaur just isn't happening at this rate, but since I don't have any other previous mains I gave the middle spot of my signature to our beloved space dragon, which works perfectly fine as he does in fact have a Brawl render himself. He's not guaranteed of course, but I still consider him to have a higher chance than Ivysaur, so he'll stay there unless he's disconfirmed.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Y'know, this picture is bothering me.

Didn't she have a trauma or something?
Why does she attack like that when sticking herself between his jaws would be pretty much triggering another attack of sissification?
I play games for their gameplay. I usually don't care about story. I like well-written characters. But for christs sake, even if you do them badly, at least keep them bloody consistent will you?

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
guys, you will never believe this...people agree with my on MIIVERSE. there are ACTUALLY people who WANT ridley as a PLAYABLE character. im crying tears of joy. one of them said they like my thinking. its so beautiful

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Why does she attack like that when sticking herself between his jaws would be pretty much triggering another attack of sissification?
I play games for their gameplay. I usually don't care about story. I like well-written characters. But for christs sake, even if you do them badly, at least keep them bloody consistent will you?
THIS Samus wasn't restricted by Sakamoto, and this wasn't required to do last time I checked

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
THIS Samus wasn't restricted by Sakamoto, and this wasn't required to do last time I checked
It's like cutscene invincibility or cutscene powers.
Y'know when you are playing a game and you get this cutscene and this character goes woosh and destroys everything without getting even a scratch, and you are put back into gameplay and everything you do feels weak and impotent?
Kind of like that but in reverse.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I still want to see Little Bird Ridley in. He's so cute and evil.

How's this for a trailer: We get Ridley appearing on Pyrosphere. He follows through some set patterns, everyone starts attacking him like he's a stage boss...

Then we get the character splash, and suddenly he begins acting like a playable character and seriously fighting back and KOing people.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
guys, you will never believe this...people agree with my on MIIVERSE. there are ACTUALLY people who WANT ridley as a PLAYABLE character. im crying tears of joy. one of them said they like my thinking. its so beautiful
Do you have a link to this? It's hard to believe that you found so much pro-Ridley people on Miiverse, of all places.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

How's this for a trailer: We get Ridley appearing on Pyrosphere. He follows through some set patterns, everyone starts attacking him like he's a stage boss...

Then we get the character splash, and suddenly he begins acting like a playable character and seriously fighting back and KOing people.
i would love a trophy of birdie ridley :D

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What the heck guys like come on. You got no style.
Ridley has no style, he has no grace.
This dragon has a funny face.
He can handstand when he needs to,
And stretch his arms out, just for you.
Tear you apart like a balloon.
This crazy dragon just digs this tune!
lamepunheh
...looks like someone lost his remaining parts of sanity here. And we must promptly shoot him so he wouldn`t have to suffer. And to stop this decease from spreading. We still need random mooks for our final battle.

That is why i consider this Samus to be real one while thinking Samus that appears in cutscenes is actually an actor that plays her role for Mother Brain's favourite drama mexican whatever TV series or just a bad drama movie (not seriously of course because reality is a real b**** with such things as this and Ridley's role in SSB). Anyone agrees with me? Just look at what she does in gameplay, like it, look at cutscenes - ignore them, continue gameplay. In gameplay, she is Samus you all know - silent, bada$$ and not caring about anything except for her mission and killing random mooks in awesome way. So...are those 2 same person or what?

EDIT: 1001 post! Tehee...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would find it hilarious if little birdie was an item like mr saturn.

Top Bottom