• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I remember that your avatar was one of the first Ridley supporter avatars that I had seen way back when I was first lurking. It suits you well.

Oh yeah, and just so that you guys are aware, do not "troll" detract Ridley, you will get a troll warning, a minor infraction, and then another minor infraction for good measure. Justice has been served. I should not have even pretended to denounce our god and savior Ridley, I was punished accordingly. :awesome:
You deserve it, sistah.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I can't stand being a detractor man XD

I feel my IQ is dropping with every word.
It's funny, because not a single detractor realizes that all of their evidence against us is completely hogwash. They seem to think that they're smarter than we are. Or just more clever.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
It's funny, because not a single detractor realizes that all of their evidence against us is absolutely hogwash. They seem to think that they're smarter than we are. Or just more clever.
How many house gifs do you have and where is your stash?

Also Ridley 4 Smash

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Hey guys, which Ridley is Roidley? The Other M incarnation? Reading this thread is more difficult than reading the bible

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
So, do people actually believe that Ridley will be revealed this month for the August Anniversary? Just curious.
I don't know about the Anniversary. It makes sense, but I'm not quite sold. I'm thinking it's very possible sometime this month.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
OK, are we still talking about Ridley? Because I think that Sakurai won't include him. Not because of size, but Sakurai just ignored people's requests for Chrom!

Edit: Even Lord Belch has a way higher chance...
He did not ignore my request not to have chrom. :yeahboi:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So, do people actually believe that Ridley will be revealed this month for the August Anniversary? Just curious.
Yes, either for this month's Direct, or via anticlimactic disconfirmation in Coro.

But there's always a third option. :4robinf:

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes we are :) pl0x
I am honestly a little skeptical, but there is something completely and utterly anticlimactic about Ridley's confirmation as non-playable through playing the game and never unlocking him. So I am sure that they would want to reveal him prior to launch; but at the same time, I am expecting a Legend of Zelda newcomer (or Ganondorf, I suppose) instead.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Whilst announcing Ridley as a playable character on a Metroid anniversary is favourable and preferable, it'll probably be between the second week of the month (11/08 - 15/08) or the third (18/08 - 22/08). However, since Coro Coro is supposed to be releasing details on stages for both versions (including Pyrosphere), the reveal would need to be done before that second week. Revealing Ridley in the magazine would be anti-climatic. Unless of course they don't mention anything about Ridley and give little details about the Pyrosphere (basically just everything we already know), then we're left in the dark again.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Oh man I'm arguing with a detractor right now..Guess where? Youtube obviously. He says Sakurai has only teased him twice and the fandom is blowing it out of proportion. He also says that Ridley being a boss is hypeworthy, and that it would be an upgrade over Brawl. Please...Why...My brain.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh man I'm arguing with a detractor right now..Guess where? Youtube obviously. He says Sakurai has only teased him twice and the fandom is blowing it out of proportion. He also says that Ridley being a boss is hypeworthy, and that it would be an upgrade over Brawl. Please...Why...My brain.
Ridley was directly teased more than twice? I do not recall any of the other teases...

Whilst announcing Ridley as a playable character on a Metroid anniversary is favourable and preferable, it'll probably be between the second week of the month (11/08 - 15/08) or the third (18/08 - 22/08). However, since Coro Coro is supposed to be releasing details on stages for both versions (including Pyrosphere), the reveal would need to be done before that second week. Revealing Ridley in the magazine would be anti-climatic. Unless of course they don't mention anything about Ridley and give little details about the Pyrosphere (basically just everything we already know), then we're left in the dark again.
Interesting. I did not realize that Coro Coro was going to be releasing details about Pyrosphere. I suppose that would be the worst birthday present I could ask for: Ridley confirmed as a boss! Hurray!

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I got a great advise. Let's all hope and focus on one specific date and than get super salty and disappointed when nothing gets revealed!

Story of my life.

D

Deleted member

...The guy needs to fight ridley in brawl again.(or just watch it.) There's no way being a stage hazard is an upgrade from being a boss.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh I know. I mean he was only teased twice and the fandom is overreacting to those two teases.
Ah, I see. Thank you for the clarification.

...The guy needs to fight ridley in brawl again.(or just watch it.) There's no way being a stage hazard is an upgrade from being a boss.
I would honestly interpret Ridley's role as a stage-hazard to be an upgrade, myself. I suppose the notion is subjective.

D

Deleted member

I don't see it as an upgrade or even a downgrade, the roles are very similar.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
He thinks so apparently. Sakurai calls these bosses but we all know they're glorified stage hazards. Yea that's definitely an upgrade alright..Yep. I mean, being a stage hazard means you see him every time you play the stage. That's a lot more common than the bosses you fight in Brawl, but if seeing him more often is an upgrade..Ehhh no.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
"Pic of the day. Here is the tail-spike of...someone, on Pyrosphere. I'm not going to tell who whose it is, so you'll just have to wait a little while longer."

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Could you imagine the hype if instead of pic of the day he announced a new fighter reveal video on the Anniversary? I don't think I could take it. I'd fall through the floor by jumping so much.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Could you imagine the hype if instead of pic of the day he announced a new fighter reveal video on the Anniversary? I don't think I could take it. I'd fall through the floor by jumping so much.
And then the new fighter would be Shulk.

Top Bottom