• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
I don't know why a stage hazard would start messing up the background scenery. What kind of hazard/boss spends more time attacking a backdrop? Probably just there because it's just there.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yes, because purple indicates royalty. and Ridleyty. Little 'o each.
you give a really good excuse to put Ridley in fancy clothes....

SCAN0248.JPG

King Ridley of....um...Zebes? Urtraghus???....I don't know....just a quick idea....

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Obviously those are for Adam and Anthony to enter into the stage so that they can start authorizing the players and telling them they have no style simultaneously.

Adam Malkovich and Anthony Higgs confirmed for Pyrosphere stage bosses.
You are not authorized to have any style!

And when they are defeated, they summon Samus to hysterically break down at their deaths, causing an emotional shockwave that instantly kills all players but the one that killed Anthony and Adam, who is left to wonder who on earth thought it was a good idea to let Samus talk -_-

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I don't know why a stage hazard would start messing up the background scenery. What kind of hazard/boss spends more time attacking a backdrop? Probably just there because it's just there.
Well it's not like he's gonna be casually chilling in the lava before he flies into action.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Story-wise, Other M isn't that bad if you play Fusion directly before or after it. It really makes you think more of the story in the two games and how they fit perfectly together...

Last edited:

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
The original hole created in Other M is located in the middle. While another hole can be seen on the right in the shape of Ridley's head. I don't think he would add another hole. Sakurai researches the games, he wouldn't randomly add an extra hole, but then again the game isn't based off canon; it's still weird to have with out any explanation.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
I have a challenge for you all. Make the most hype inducing trailer if Ridley were to be announced. I can't think of one so I'm just gonna ask all of you.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Well it's not like he's gonna be casually chilling in the lava before he flies into action.
Well there's another hole he made there already and that's already inconsiderate enough, Ridley's a huge murderous dragon pirate and that's one thing, but making even more of a mess just to look cool is totally below him. I mean in Zero Mission he just kinda warped into the boss room without explanation, no hole or anything.

Also there's the thing where the hole is still there in FD mode which is a much more valid point rather than the garbage I just came up with above.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
If Ridley is playable, what if the Pyrosphere stage hazard is the Rhedogian? Lol.

In case you don't know, it's this annoying baѕtard from Other M:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

you give a really good excuse to put Ridley in fancy clothes....

View attachment 18680
King Ridley of....um...Zebes? Urtraghus???....I don't know....just a quick idea....
Ridley should start his own clothing line.

And name it "Ridley Dragon" but with a fancy french accent or something.

Or better yet just be esoteric and call it "Dragon" with a fancy french accent so Ridley can show the world how enigmatic and mysterious he is.

People at parties will be all like "Wow! He's wearing that classy purple blazer from *Fancy French Accent* "Dragon"!

Also it should be a Big and Tall clothing line because Ridley is TOO BIG.

On that note Frenchley really needs to become a thing.

Better yet just do one of those "culture around the world" pictures with Ridley as all the different ethnicities called "Ridley Around the World!" or something (With Roidley of course coming in to mess things up and distract him as usual).

Picture for reference:

Make it happen people.
:awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobomberman

Smash Cadet
Story-wise, Other M isn't that bad if you play Fusion directly before or after it. It really makes you think more of the story in the two games and how they fit perfectly together...
I don't mean to be rude, but this is JUST the kind of comment that might detract this thread from being about Ridley in new smash

If Ridley is playable, what if the Pyrosphere stage hazard is the Rhedogian? Lol.

In case you don't know, it's this annoying baѕtard from Other M:
Honestly they could just go with the "**** the lore" approach and make the Queen Metroid a boss there, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut that'd be kinda clumsy and weird. I just want some excuse for Ridley not to be a boss.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I don't mean to be rude, but this is JUST the kind of comment that might detract this thread from being about Ridley in new smash
Not like I'm the first or the last to reply to a drifting statement.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So, reading the second post in the thread for the first time, and following the interesting evidence about the shadows...

I find it particularly fascinating that Ridley's shadow is significantly smaller than that of Mother Brain. The Yellow Devil is obnoxiously large on a small stage, so why wouldn't Ridley still be extremely large if he was a boss for that stage?

Because like the post says, this makes him the smallest he's been since Metroid (NES).

Sakurai, you better be hiding something significant for us, or I'm just hella confused.

Last edited:

Bobomberman

Smash Cadet
Not like I'm the first or the last to reply to a drifting statement.
I apologize, kinda jumped the gun, I just saw that statement, had a full rebuttal, but quickly nipped myself in the bud. I guess that was more filler for me to not go on a tangent, SORRY!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ridley should start his own clothing line.

And name it "Ridley Dragon" but with a fancy french accent or something.

Or better yet just be esoteric and call it "Dragon" with a fancy french accent so Ridley can show the world how enigmatic and mysterious he is.

People at parties will be all like "Wow! He's wearing that classy purple blazer from *Fancy French Accent* "Dragon"!

Also it should be a Big and Tall clothing line because Ridley is TOO BIG.

On that note Frenchley really needs to become a thing.

Better yet just do one of those "culture around the world" pictures with Ridley as all the different ethnicities called "Ridley Around the World!" or something (With Roidley of course coming in to mess things up and distract him as usual).

Picture for reference:

Make it happen people.
:awesome:
=u= Um....I guess I could do that...but.....I don't want to use too many stereotypes....so I do better not....or I don't know,....

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Miahstorm, arguably our most credible leaker at the moment, has been active in the rumors and leaks group in his thread. And yes, he says Ridley is playable.
"Marth has an alternate Lucina costume, one with her Masked, one not."

I guess this could be ok in the sense that Sakurai did consider it at one point. Hmmm very interesting... but I don't think it's all the characters. The character roster might be bigger than we expected.

Bobomberman

Smash Cadet
So, reading the second post in the thread for the first time, and following the interesting evidence about the shadows...

I find it particularly fascinating that Ridley's shadow is significantly smaller than that of Mother Brain. The Yellow Devil is obnoxiously large on a small stage, so why wouldn't Ridley still be extremely large if he was a boss for that stage?

Because like the post says, this makes him the smallest he's been since Metroid (NES).

Sakurai, you better be hiding something significant for us, or I'm just hella confused.
Maybe JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST maybe, they'll allow traditional Ridley as the actual playable character, and other m ridley as the boss, just so you can prove Ridley superiority.

Klaww

Smash Cadet
NNID
KlawwTheClown
3DS FC
1220-6841-7284
I have a challenge for you all. Make the most hype inducing trailer if Ridley were to be announced. I can't think of one so I'm just gonna ask all of you.
Samus and Pikachu enter the Pyrosphere together, having a super cool time.

While examining the damaged walls and alla that, a shrieking sound is heard through the cracks in the walls. Ridleys flies out of one of the holes at super sanic speed.

Ridley sizes up!

He swats at Samus, knocking her to the side. She's hanging on the the ledge of the stage.

Ridley flies into the air with Pikachu and goes in for a bite, but is struck by what looks like some kind of sparkling pink meteor. He drops Pikachu safely onto the stage, and then tumbles into the lava below and gets dead.

Pikachu helps Samus back up and they're greeted with their saviour.

Jigglypuff is super effective!

There is literally no way for a better trailer to exist.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Ridley flies into the air with Pikachu and goes in for a bite, but is struck by what looks like some kind of sparkling pink meteor. He drops Pikachu safely onto the stage, and then tumbles into the lava below and gets dead.
Lol, nice wording there.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

While examining the damaged walls and alla that, a shrieking sound is heard through the cracks in the walls. Ridleys flies out of one of the holes at super sanic speed.

Ridley sizes up!

He swats at Samus, knocking her to the side. She's hanging on the the ledge of the stage.

Sure there is....replace Jigglypuff with Mewtwo's shadow ball. :3

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

Ridley sizes up!

They look up to see... A EVEN MORE EVIL VILLAIN!!! King K Rool Rools over all!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Just for the potential gravity screwing mechanics alone, I want Nightmare as a boss.
50 million times better than Dialga/Palkia and I HATED that stage in Brawl, but Nightmare would be awesome. We still have yet to see the Metroid 3DS stage and it very well could be from Fusion, which was the last original handheld game, unless they wanna pull a stage from Hunters. Ridley vs. Nightmare is a dream battle for me

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I apologize, kinda jumped the gun, I just saw that statement, had a full rebuttal, but quickly nipped myself in the bud. I guess that was more filler for me to not go on a tangent, SORRY!
It's fine. Sorry I was so rash about it. I was trying to reference their Adam and Anthony quotes, as i've been finishing up Fusion recently and I'm starting to understand the connection between Samus and Adam. It's a really good storyline. But back to Ridley.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I just want a Metroid Prime stage based on Phaaze. It can be a structurally identical to the Brinstar stage in Melee for all I care, I just want to see all that gorgeous Phazon blue in the background.

And in the background it could view a fight between Omega Ridley and the Aurora Unit. Whoever wins the fight gets to be a stage hazard.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
When is comic con? It will be so sad if the big metroid anniversary comes and they announce ridley as a stage hazard. I don't even want to think

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
>Smash logo

>War-torn battlefield with Link, Mario, and Samus all together and tired.

>Link is suddenly confronted by an intimidating figure brandishing a sword in one hand, and pulsing magic in the other, with Bowser accompanying him.

>"Ganondorf Smites the Battlefield!!"

>Link charges in a frenzy, which Ganondorf easily parries. He then fires a ball of electricity at Link, who parries the blast back with his sword. Genre Savvy Ganon parries that blast and sends away from the battlefield, towards Mario.

>As this is going on, Mario is engaged in his eternal struggle against Bowser. The two aren't even phased by the stray electric attack.

>Samus observes Mario and Link battling their eternal enemies, but decides she needs to end this now if she can, and begins charging her Zero Laser attack like she did in the first Brawl trailer while Link fights. Ganon notices what's happening a moment too late and is caught off guard.

>Just before Samus fires the shot, an enormous screech can be heard which causes everyone to halt their attacks. Suddenly, a swarm of fireballs razes the battlefield, with everyone ducking for cover or bracing themselves.

>As the dust settles, everyone - Link, Bowser, Ganon, especially Samus - gathers their bearings, and looks toward the source of that attack.

>An enormous cloud of dust and smoke is in front of them, and all the others can make out is a pair of piercing red eyes. Slowly, the creature steps out of the smoke, in full view, and roars mightily.

>"Ridley Makes His Big Entrance!!!"

>Ridley makes eye contact with Samus, who returns with a stern glare. Suddenly, Ridley charges.

>Gameplay footage of Ridley, with small bits with improvised Ganondorf thrown in.

>Final shot has Mario vs. Bowser in one corner, Link vs. Ganondorf in the opposite corner, and Zero Suit Samus vs. Ridley north of Link, kicking the ever-living hell out of one another. Samus's Power Suit lies in pieces in the corner south of Mario. The final scene is a bird's eye view of the three fights and the broken suit, which altogether conveniently enough form the Smash logo.

>Fade to black as the camera continues moving upward through clouds and smoke.

That's how I want it to go down, anyway.

So I never posted here before until now, but I'd be just dandy with Ridley being playable. Having more villains is always good.

Kinda unrelated, but I thought I'd share something amusing that happened earlier this week: I was talking with some friends of mine about how I have a knack for mentioning or criticizing something, then a few hours later something happens that completely contradicts what I said. So Sunday night, I decided to test that, and for the Smash trailer this Monday and what character would be revealed, proclaimed, mockingly.

"Yeah, Ridley won't be playable in Smash. Same goes for Robin, sadly. Chrom is just too obvious a choice."

And, well...

I'm ready to press my luck again for the next Smash trailer. :p

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I just want a Metroid Prime stage based on Phaaze. It can be a structurally identical to the Brinstar stage in Melee for all I care, I just want to see all that gorgeous Phazon blue in the background.

And in the background it could view a fight between Omega Ridley and the Aurora Unit. Whoever wins the fight gets to be a stage hazard.
I personally want a Metroid Prime stage based on Norion.
My only regret pertaining to Ridley becoming playable is that the Norion Fall will never become a Smash battlefield.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
>Smash logo

>Link is suddenly confronted by an intimidating figure brandishing a sword in one hand, and pulsing magic in the other, with Bowser accompanying him.

>Link charges in a frenzy, which Ganondorf easily parries. He then fires a ball of electricity at Link, who parries the blast back with his sword. Genre Savvy Ganon parries that blast and sends away from the battlefield, towards Mario.

>As this is going on, Mario is engaged in his eternal struggle against Bowser. The two aren't even phased by the stray electric attack.

>Samus observes Mario and Link battling their eternal enemies, but decides she needs to end this now if she can, and begins charging her Zero Laser attack like she did in the first Brawl trailer while Link fights. Ganon notices what's happening a moment too late and is caught off guard.

>Just before Samus fires the shot, an enormous screech can be heard which causes everyone to halt their attacks. Suddenly, a swarm of fireballs razes the battlefield, with everyone ducking for cover or bracing themselves.

>As the dust settles, everyone - Link, Bowser, Ganon, especially Samus - gathers their bearings, and looks toward the source of that attack.

>An enormous cloud of dust and smoke is in front of them, and all the others can make out is a pair of piercing red eyes. Slowly, the creature steps out of the smoke, in full view, and roars mightily.

>Ridley makes eye contact with Samus, who returns with a stern glare. Suddenly, Ridley charges.

>Gameplay footage of Ridley, with small bits with improvised Ganondorf thrown in.

>Final shot has Mario vs. Bowser in one corner, Link vs. Ganondorf in the opposite corner, and Zero Suit Samus vs. Ridley north of Link, kicking the ever-living hell out of one another. Samus's Power Suit lies in pieces in the corner south of Mario. The final scene is a bird's eye view of the three fights and the broken suit, which altogether conveniently enough form the Smash logo.

So I never posted here before until now, but I'd be just dandy with Ridley being playable. Having more villains is always good.

Kinda unrelated, but I thought I'd share something amusing that happened earlier this week: I was talking with some friends of mine about how I have a knack for mentioning or criticizing something, then a few hours later something happens that completely contradicts what I said. So Sunday night, I decided to test that, and for the Smash trailer this Monday and what character would be revealed, proclaimed, mockingly.

And, well...

Epic, but a severe lack of king k rool and wolf in this trailer :p

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
>Smash logo

And, well...

Simply beautiful. :3 10/10 would....um, nevermind. xD

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Ridley, oh Ridley,
So very scary
But when he opens his mouth
He screams like a baby

Ridley, oh Ridley,
With such a long beak
It probably gets in the way
When he tries to take a leak

Ridley, oh Ridley,
With little to no balls
I wonder where he goes
When nature calls

Ridley, oh Ridley
Always appearing late
Because he's so busy
Trying to __________

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Ridley, oh Ridley,
So very scary
He screams like a baby

Ridley, oh Ridley,
With such a long beak

Ridley, oh Ridley,
With little to no balls
I wonder where he goes
When nature calls

Ridley, oh Ridley
Always appearing late
Because he's so busy
Trying to
Plot twist, Ridley is trying to drive his new Aston Martin v12 while tripping balls.

Last edited:

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Ridley, oh Ridley,
So very scary
He screams like a baby

Ridley, oh Ridley,
With such a long beak

Ridley, oh Ridley,
With little to no balls
I wonder where he goes
When nature calls

Ridley, oh Ridley
Always appearing late
Because he's so busy
Trying to
Trying to skate?

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
So, I officially made a bet that Ridley would be a playable character, so all my good vibes to him. I do believe in all the evidence posted about the teasing and the shadow on Pyrosphere. Let us hope they lead to the truth.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Miahstorm, arguably our most credible leaker at the moment, has been active in the rumors and leaks group in his thread. And yes, he says Ridley is playable.
I checked up on that, but the guys needs to provide more pics if he wants credibility but it sounds incredible. King Boo as a boss would be semi-disappointing but that stage would be incredible, and very likely since Dark Moon came out semi-recently. Banana Dee, Ridley, and K. Rool? I hope it's true even if it's sketchy

Last edited:
Top Bottom