• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
Sure there is....replace Jigglypuff with Mewtwo's shadow ball. :3
Actually I like the Jigglypuff idea. 'Cause FAIRY IS SUPER EFFECTIVE AGAINST DRAGON. Plus it'll be funny. Ol' Riddles getting smacked in the face by a pink puffball less threatening than Kirby.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I personally want a Metroid Prime stage based on Norion.
My only regret pertaining to Ridley becoming playable is that the Norion Fall will never become a Smash battlefield.
Yeah that'd be a really awesome stage. It would be cool to be fighting there, and then deal with freefall for 10 seconds. Then Rundas could swipe everyone back up to the surface.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Abl
Yeah that'd be a really awesome stage. It would be cool to be fighting there, and then deal with freefall for 10 seconds. Then Rundas could swipe everyone back up to the surface.
a little off topic, rundas would be cool as hell!
That said I would kill for a stage like that, especially if the keep all the little details

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Miahstorm, arguably our most credible leaker at the moment, has been active in the rumors and leaks group in his thread. And yes, he says Ridley is playable.
I don't follow leaks, but what has this guy said that makes him the most credible one so far? I'm honestly curious.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I don't follow leaks, but what has this guy said that makes him the most credible one so far? I'm honestly curious.
http://smashboards.com/threads/leak.360830/

He pointed out Chrom wasn't in and Lucina was several days before the last newcomer vid was available to watch. That's a bold prediction at the time and he was spot on. He also lists stages, which most don't, and he has Ridley and K Rool in, along with Mewtwo, It would make a lot of people happy.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

He pointed out Chrom wasn't in and Lucina was several days before the last newcomer vid was available to watch. That's a bold prediction at the time and he was spot on. He also lists stages, which most don't, and he has Ridley and K Rool in, along with Mewtwo, It would make a lot of people happy.
Interesting. If that's really true, I would cry myself to sleep if we got a completely different stage boss for Pyrosphere.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I only drink the water because it feels very refreshing. Seems interesting... and you wonder why people lose their jobs from big time companies. It's like the Willy Wonka movie is non existent.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

Seems super fake
Edit: hope to God I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Spot on, as in saying that the mask is an alt costume but it's really just something you can turn on or off.

I mean that's a small mistake, but seriously that's all fake as heck.

I think. And intuitively believe.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
There's already enough evidence suggesting that Ridley isn't actually a boss hazard, so we don't need to believe in it. Considering that the Gematsu leak was already proven to be fake this week, we should take all leaks with a grain of salt.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

And yet he still missed Robin... I'm not sure how that's possible. We should take all leaks with a grain of salt. If Dixie and Isaac were also playable, that leak would be perfect, I just doubt it. Even without Dixie and Isaac its still quite good, where is Bandana Dee on it, though? I don't see it.

Either way, Robin basically disconfirmed every leak to date, even the most legitimate leak, Gematsu. They've all been utterly annihilated because either they listed Chrom (who was never playable), or they missed Robin, who was.

Either way, I look forward to seeing what transpires. I fully believe Mewtwo, K. Rool, Ridley, and Shulk are playable anyway, and I believe Isaac is right behind them.

Bobomberman

Smash Cadet
The issue I have with this "leak" is that for whatever reason, Sakurai decided to talk to their audio engineer about ass crazy things like turning on and off wavedashing?! On top of that this guy apparently got fired and wants to remain hidden, yet describes the reason he was fired and what position he worked as? How hard would it be for them to find the guy that was fired from audio engineering for co worker issues? This leak is super fake, as much as I wish it wasn't.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The issue I have with this "leak" is that for whatever reason, Sakurai decided to talk to their audio engineer about *** crazy things like turning on and off wavedashing?! On top of that this guy apparently got fired and wants to remain hidden, yet describes the reason he was fired and what position he worked as? How hard would it be for them to find the guy that was fired from audio engineering for co worker issues? This leak is super fake, as much as I wish it wasn't.
Agreed. Besides, we don't need a leak to believe Ridley is playable, anyway. Signs already point to it.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I don't believe the leak entirely, but I figured I'd post it since people were asking about it. I don't put any credit in any leaks, period.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't believe the leak entirely, but I figured I'd post it since people were asking about it. I don't put any credit in any leaks, period.
At this point, no one should. The only one that had any legit reasons for putting faith into it was shot to pieces with the knowledge that Chrom was never planned to be playable.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I don't remember where, but Ridley was called "The Prince of Metroids" in some kinda manga.
I wonder where he got that title....I mean, I know he's known as the Cunning God of Death....but never with that title you mention.... -u- Well, I would have definitely put him the title of King instead of just Prince.....

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I wonder where he got that title....I mean, I know he's known as the Cunning God of Death....but never that title you mention.... -u- Well, I would have definitely put him the title of King instead of just Prince.....
I believe Ridley is unrelated to metroids too... Not sure where that nickname came from

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wouldn't it be nice if it wasn't? Having both boss reptile newcomers in Smash is some kind of magical godlike dream.

If only the guy had mentioned Robin before Monday.

Edit: Which, to my knowledge, literally no one has done, right?

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it be nice if it wasn't? Having both boss reptile newcomers in Smash is some kind of magical godlike dream.

If only the guy had mentioned Robin before Monday.
2/5 of my most wanted would be in just in that one trailer. The hype would be too real.

Especially after having the hype crushed last trailer :(

Last edited:

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
It is an interesting leak but the mechanic change between modes (which I honestly think would be a terrible idea) along with a few other things just seems to sketchy and I just don't buy it overall. Just kinda seems like he threw in a lot of hype type of things on it and is hoping for the best or to mess with people.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
It is an interesting leak but the mechanic change between modes (which I honestly think would be a terrible idea) along with a few other things just seems to sketchy and I just don't buy it overall. Just kinda seems like he threw in a lot of hype type of things on it and is hoping for the best or to mess with people.
I agree.
Side note: have you seen code ment lelouch?

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I didn't realize this until I saw some comments about it, but the CoroCoro Magazine thing could be a make-or-break for Ridley. If we don't see him by the time it's released, the magazine will have a look at all Wii U/ 3DS stages... including Pyrosphere. If he isn't mentioned there, it's even more proof (to me anyways) that he will be playable.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
I didn't realize this until I saw some comments about it, but the CoroCoro Magazine thing could be a make-or-break for Ridley. If we don't see him by the time it's released, the magazine will have a look at all Wii U/ 3DS stages... including Pyrosphere. If he isn't mentioned there, it's even more proof (to me anyways) that he will be playable.
When is the release for that? I hadn't thought of that either, I was only thinking on either he would be confirmed before (since he has been teased so much) or we'd have to wait for the game (which I doubt) for a confirmation.

@Turokman5896 No I haven't.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Which is why I posted this music awhile ago...

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
When is the release for that? I hadn't thought of that either, I was only thinking on either he would be confirmed before (since he has been teased so much) or we'd have to wait for the game (which I doubt) for a confirmation.

@Turokman5896 No I haven't.
August 12th I believe.
(Its an abridged series, actually how I know what lelouch looks like).

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
sorry but even coro coro corrected its statement and said they're only gonna show the characters that have been revealed so far and go more in depth into them

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
sorry but even coro coro corrected its statement and said they're only gonna show the characters that have been revealed so far and go more in depth into them
Characters AND Stages. They said both. Which means, if they bring up Pyrosphere, they have to bring up Ridley being a boss. If they don't bring up Ridley, we'll know he's playable.

Top Bottom