• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Sakurai never said Chrom was scrapped, though. You are reading your own opinions into it. Sakurai said Chrom was considered but passed over. Where does that scream "started development and scrapped"? It says the EXACT OPPOSITE.

All this guy did is correctly guess what everyone in the Robin thread thought: Chrom was passed over due to being too similar to Ike and Marth. That's it. And many people figured Lucina would be a skin of Marth, myself included. Not to mention the fact that if this guy is still getting updated info, he would know for a fact that Lucina was made into her own original character.

What you are doing is trying to latch onto a leak because Ridley's in it. That's it. Sakurai destroyed the second half of the Gematsu leak, plus literally every other leak in existence. Let's cut it with this leak and get back to discussing Ridley.
Hey, if leaks help people get through the waiting period I have no issue with it. Just don't hold them to be unequivocally true, because Ridley being in is not affected by any leaks or any characters that have or are yet to be revealed. Ridley's fate was decided long before that shadow was shown in April. It's up to Sakurai to reveal to us Ridley's fate explicitly.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Idk ive never played rythm heaven :/ and haha its sakurai, he does whatever he wants, like pokemon arent necessarily bad, but he put chadelure as an enemy in smash run too soooo?
There's a difference in a Pokemon fighting you than 3 unique individuals who have identified roles in their game suddenly attacking you.

It'd be like if he decided to include Isabelle from AC as someone who attacks players in Smash Run. It makes very little sense.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
All the Chorus Men do is sing (you even control one) and try not to fail.

You shoot the Sneaky Spirits with arrows. Makes sense they're where they are.

Can we be done now?
There's a difference in a Pokemon fighting you than 3 unique individuals who have identified roles in their game suddenly attacking you.

It'd be like if he decided to include Isabelle from AC as someone who attacks players in Smash Run. It makes very little sense.
Seriously, enough. Take it to the Official Character Discussion or Smash 4 General Discussion threads.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
As for the leak, there's no point really trying to argue about it unless something deconfirms it.

Also, IsmaR, I apologize, kind of got carried away there.

Anyways, do you guys think Ridley will get paired in a trailer with someone?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As for the leak, there's no point really trying to argue about it unless something deconfirms it.

Also, IsmaR, I apologize, kind of got carried away there.

Anyways, do you guys think Ridley will get paired in a trailer with someone?
It depends. I think its quite likely, perhaps with other villains. Another thing I keep thinking is a villains trailer with Isaac breaking it up using Judgment, I just don't see how it'd line up properly. Ridley no matter what would have to be the last character for the most hype. Maybe three villains fight the heroes, Isaac blows them away with Judgment (I just REALLY want his introduction to be Judgment, I really do), and Ridley surprised everyone and flies into the fray.

Mostlikely it'd just be villains, though. Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Wolf, the ones that need the most work done on them.

Ideally, a Double-Threat Ridley and King K Rool trailer should happen.
Er, yeah, that's the other option. K. Rool and Ridley in the same trailer. I'm starting to think we might get a 100% DK-related trailer, that's the only reason I'm thinking K. Rool might be left out.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Samus, DK, and Diddy combine forces to fight K. Rool and Ridley. It'd be a pretty epic trailer.

Substitute Diddy for Mario and add Wario to the villains? Instant whoa hyped out trailer.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Yeah, a villians trailer would be pretty sweet. I could see it as the final trailer to create the most hype for the games coming out as well.

hey kennith, who's that on the top right of your most wanted list?
(Sorry for posting so much, but I'm feeling veryyyy post happy tonight)
That would be the wrestler and newsreporter from Rhythm Heaven Fever.
(lol thanks for fixing my stupid double post mod xD)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
hey kennith, who's that on the top right of your most wanted list?
Judging from the title of this thread, I'd say it's not Ridley.

Yeah, a villians trailer would be pretty sweet. I could see it as the final trailer to create the most hype for the games coming out as well.
It would probably be the August trailer.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I apologize. I posted that before seeing your post. Please don't eat me alive. Mistakes happen.
I understand that, but it happens enough in this thread to the point where I often mistake this for the OCD/Social. Even if not intended, others seeing off topic posts encourages them to reply to them, post their own opinions on said matter, and essentially derail the thread's original intent.

Am I really that scary/bad? I'm actually vegan, let alone a pacifist.

(Sorry for posting so much, but I'm feeling veryyyy post happy tonight)
The problem isn't posting so much, it's posting numerous times in a row (before anyone else replies since your last post). It's a site rule.

It's alright if it's accidental, but not if it's all the time/intentional. If you have more to add, use the Edit button under your last post.

Edit: I realize the bitter irony in having posted this message twice. Classic textbook example of what NOT to do.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Considering that Gamescom is 13th to 17th August, that's probably the time frame when a Nintendo Direct will be, and perhaps when Ridley could be shown.

I don't think CoroCoro will add anything that we don't know about, considering it's a recap of the past year's information.

Ridley hasn't been confirmed by Sakurai (only teased), so I'm not sure whether CoroCoro would even mention him (unless referring the stage is based on the place where he was fought in Other M).

Between August 20th 2013 and present, we haven't seen any pictures of Ridley, and between the SSB Direct and present, we haven't seen any footage either. So I wouldn't expect any new pictures in the magazine either.

I doubt Sakurai would like it if a magazine would give information on something that he hasn't given us at all yet.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Considering that Gamescom is 13th to 17th August, that's probably the time frame when a Nintendo Direct will be, and perhaps when Ridley could be shown.

I don't think CoroCoro will add anything that we don't know about, considering it's a recap of the past year's information.

Ridley hasn't been confirmed by Sakurai (only teased), so I'm not sure whether CoroCoro would even mention him (unless referring the stage is based on the place where he was fought in Other M).

Between August 20th 2013 and present, we haven't seen any pictures of Ridley, and between the SSB Direct and present, we haven't seen any footage either. So I wouldn't expect any new pictures in the magazine either.

I doubt Sakurai would like it if a magazine would give information on something that he hasn't given us at all yet.
I bet that the CoroCoro will mention Ridley as a stage boss. After all, they are just regurgitating old information, right?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I bet that the CoroCoro will mention Ridley as a stage boss. After all, they are just regurgitating old information, right?
They are given official information by Nintendo, though. That's the difference. They get information directly from the source.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
well sorry mister :c
thats just as much as i heard
Well we haven't heard any mention of Ridley as a stage boss thus far. So if it's just restating details we should know about, we probably won't get that answer until the next huge dump of Smash information. Which will be in august for a second smash focus direct mark my words.

But until then Sakurai will still probably never talk about Ridley ever.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Well we haven't heard any mention of Ridley as a stage boss thus far. So if it's just restating details we should know about, we probably won't get that answer until the next huge dump of Smash information. Which will be in august for a second smash focus direct mark my words.

But until then Sakurai will still probably never talk about Ridley ever.
My point actually was that, since the only information that was revealed about Ridley ever was a shadow and a glimpse of a tail, they might just pull their own conclusions on it, taking the info of the Direct at face value.
Doesn't really say anything about Ridley's true role. Then again, @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman says that they will be getting information directly from the source.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I bet CoroCoro will make some vague statement that it's rumored one of Samus' enemies will appear on the stage or something like that, which is just that: a rumor.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My point actually was that, since the only information that was revealed about Ridley ever was a shadow and a glimpse of a tail, they might just pull their own conclusions on it, taking the info of the Direct at face value.
Doesn't really say anything about Ridley's true role. Then again, @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman says that they will be getting information directly from the source.
That's what I have read elsewhere. According to what I have read, CoroCoro is an official magazine that gets official information from Nintendo.

EDIT: And potentially other companies they show info for.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about Ridley's neutral special. The standard attack could be a spam of plasmaballs based on one of Meta Ridley's attacks in SSBB. One of the custom moves could be the big fireball that sends a shockwave along surfaces, from the past games, and the other could be Meta Ridley's Laser Breath.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I'm an anti-Ridley, and I've been against him since forever, but I went back to watch the Direct and saw it again, Sakurai only said there are bosses in other stages and showed us Pyrosphere, which had a shadow of Ridley, now that I think about it no one stated that:

1.Ridley was the boss character
2.The Shadow of what looked like Ridley is the shadow of the boss character

for all we know Pikachu might be the boss character,right ?! you see my point there ? we assumed it wasn't Pikachu because he's playable and he doesn't have to do with Pyrosphere and Metroid but when he showed us the Shadow of Ridley, he knew we'd all think that he is the boss character he was talking about, when he isn't, he just happened to be fighting Pikachu on that stage.

I hate Ridley and I don't support the thought of him being in Smash bad damn I can't argue with facts and if he's in, it's what it's Ridley fans I suppose if my conclusion is correct and Ridley was in, I apologise for doubting him.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Logic's a bit off with the whole Pikachu thing, but yeah, there's always the possibility Ridley will be playable. It's just that it doesn't look like it from what I've seen. Other people on this thread think otherwise. Don't apologize for doubting him, unless you're mean about it.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'm an anti-Ridley, and I've been against him since forever, but I went back to watch the Direct and saw it again, Sakurai only said there are bosses in other stages and showed us Pyrosphere, which had a shadow of Ridley, now that I think about it no one stated that:

1.Ridley was the boss character
2.The Shadow of what looked like Ridley is the shadow of the boss character

for all we know Pikachu might be the boss character,right ?! you see my point there ? we assumed it wasn't Pikachu because he's playable and he doesn't have to do with Pyrosphere and Metroid but when he showed us the Shadow of Ridley, he knew we'd all think that he is the boss character he was talking about, when he isn't, he just happened to be fighting Pikachu on that stage.

I hate Ridley and I don't support the thought of him being in Smash bad damn I can't argue with facts and if he's in, it's what it's Ridley fans I suppose if my conclusion is correct and Ridley was in, I apologise for doubting him.
Yep, there are a lot of signs pointing in that direction. If Ridley turns out to be a playable character after all, then the whole "boss character" thing probably referred to his status as a boss in the Metroid series, and not as a stage boss.
Also, no problem!

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I haven't read CoroCoro, and the only time I've ever paid attention to anything from it was when they were talking about Pokemon X and Y. So would it even be possible to cover all the characters and stages that were revealed before publication, while going into enough detail on the stages like the pyrosphere? Because I've normally seen them dedicate a few pages when they did the pokemon news coverage.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Logic's a bit off with the whole Pikachu thing, but yeah, there's always the possibility Ridley will be playable. It's just that it doesn't look like it from what I've seen. Other people on this thread think otherwise. Don't apologize for doubting him, unless you're mean about it.
The Pikachu thing was sarcasm, I meant that if we didn't know better we would've said it was either Pikachu or Ridley. Sakurai meant to make Ridley look like the boss!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
DDD is only a villain in the first game, every other time he's a boss, he is being controlled by someone; MK is a rival; Mewtwo is just a pokemon and only a villain in the first movie, and if we take the anime, no, even better, the Pokemon Movies as canon, we are going to have a bad time; King K. Rool, Ganondorf and Ridley are the only TRUE villains that have a chance of being playable(imo); Wario is just a greedy fat guy
Actually, the pokemon representation in smash is already based off the anime. Why do you think we got Pikachu and Jigglypuff?

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the pokemon representation in smash is already based off the anime. Why do you think we got Pikachu and Jigglypuff?
Im pretty sure those two were popular before the anime. Pika became fan favorite since the original game.
Then again, Lucario speaks, so there really is more than just games as source.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure those two were popular before the anime. Pika became fan favorite since the original game.
Then again, Lucario speaks, so there really is more than just games as source.
Jigglypuff, though? It seems like a very random pick, until you realize she had a role in the anime.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff, though? It seems like a very random pick, until you realize she had a role in the anime.
Jigglypuff was also a popular poke before the anime. It got in mostly because Sakurai wanted another Kirby-like character, so Jiggly ended up being the first "Ganondorf"

Top Bottom