• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
You can only sidestep around something for so long before everyone can tell you're avoiding something. Conveniently forgetting one of the most shown stages in an article covering every revealed stage would be even MORE conspicuous than covering every stage in some detail and then being vague about Pyrosphere.
Sakurai has been side-stepping Ridley for more than 3 months now. I could give a more accurate date if I knew when the PotD that said "...an enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second." was released.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
While I think a villains trailer could happen, and it would definately be smart on Sakurai's part, What I see as more likely is that we get another Smash bros. direct in August, revealing mewtwo sometime in the direct outside of a trailer, though still showing the splash like zss and shiek, and showing some gameplay, and maybe the same for ganondorf if he has a new moveset, maybe wario and/or metaknight too, then the long awaited Ridley trailer at the end of the direct, with just Ridley, and King K Rool as a secret character. That seems like the most likely fate for our villains to me.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Beyond salvation. Leave him/her be, say your last words and don't look back. It's not going to be a pretty sight once Ridleygeddon occurs.
lol that's so true the good thing about ridely getting confirmed is we can show off and rub it all over their faces

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I don't want a villain trailer. Ridley deserves his own trailer focusing on him, not sharring the light with another character.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
I don't want a villain trailer. Ridley deserves his own trailer focusing on him, not sharring the light with another character.
but what if the trailer is for him being the biggest part of the trailer (no pun intended)

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
lol that's so true the good thing about ridely getting confirmed is we can show off and rub it all over their faces
Er. That's a bit excessive. And also very impolite!
Nah, let's not do that. If Ridley gets in, we get all the happies. If Ridley does not, well, too bad, gotta wait 'till next time.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Er. That's a bit excessive. And also very impolite!
Nah, let's not do that. If Ridley gets in, we get all the happies. If Ridley does not, well, too bad, gotta wait 'till next time.
true but its only fair with them treating ridley fans like we are all stupid but yeah if he does not get in playability then :/

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
true but its only fair with them treating ridley fans like we are all stupid but yeah if he does not get in playability then :/
I think that Ridley getting in is enough of a facerub. A large space reptile facerub. It's going to sting, mind you.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Don't debate about Ridley. Just link them these and say nothing more. It may not "convince them" but it will make them ponder stuff, that way you save yourself from anger.

http://i.imgur.com/Iy1avTx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sZnRWJE.jpg (made by me, with some spelling errors but I really cba changing it now xD)
Why not just send them these:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ridley-for-ssb4-thread-gematsu-drank-the-splounge-water.324284/
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...rank-the-splounge-water.324284/#post-14609370

Eh, to each their own.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
... I'm amazed that people still cite Shokio for anything. I mean you can't cite WIKIPEDIA and be taken seriously, so how can you expect to cite thoughtless trash and think that will get you anywhere?

That's like if I did a college paper and my source was "My drunk cousin said that the civil war was actually sparked by ducks tugging aggressively at each other yesterday and will happen in five years. Any history books that say it happened in past tense or because of any other reason is dumb. This is 500% legitimate."

And you know. Claimed it was a legitimate basis to answer a serious question. At all. As if what I just cited had any meaning or value whatsoever.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
... I'm amazed that people still cite Shokio for anything. I mean you can't cite WIKIPEDIA and be taken seriously, so how can you expect to cite thoughtless trash and think that will get you anywhere?

That's like if I did a college paper and my source was "My drunk cousin said that the civil war was actually sparked by ducks tugging aggressively at each other yesterday and will happen in five years. Any history books that say it happened in past tense or because of any other reason is dumb. This is 500% legitimate."
You. I want to like this 17 times over.

Seriously, the guy made one video. Cite someone else. There are tons of Ridley haters who made videos but you cite the one guy who slightly differed in opinion with yours. He wasn't even harsh about it. There are so many other people out there who keep their cool but bring up more anti-Ridley points. Hate on them.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

And you know. Claimed it was a legitimate basis to answer a serious question. At all. As if what I just cited had any meaning or value whatsoever.
I would have liked to think that the fact that Shokio's video actually contains bits of information that were clearly made up (Ridley being in Metroid Prime 2) would make people realize that he's not the best source of information.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Thank you I really see no other better solution.

Just to give an example, if anyone read my essay and isn't convinced, I have no reason to debate further since I said everything I had to say. If it's the whole post, that's practically the same for most people here.

If it does the opposite however, it may means new supporter or acceptance.

Seriously, just link the second post from now on.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I would have liked to think that the fact that Shokio's video actually contains bits of information that were clearly made up (Ridley being in Metroid Prime 2) would make people realize that he's not the best source of information.
You see, its funny because nobody here has ever made a mistake in their lives. Ever.

Just because he made the mistake of claiming Prime was Echoes, thats not something that makes him uncredible, its something that makes him human. Humans make mistakes, its psychology. Seriously, give the man a break. Go hate on someone else's video. Say there was a business meeting, and the boss proposes a horrible idea for the company. 4 people make good points as to why the company shouldn't go that direction, and one just says "I don't think that should happen". The boss only fires the guy who said "I don't think that should happen", how is that fair?

I don't support his claims, but they're decent claims (for a detractor) and you all really need to lay off of him. There's a way to debunk every claim against Ridley, and thats the kind of project I want to work on with some people.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Watch them reveal Ridley on the 20'th this August as playable, the one year anniversary of the troll

Sakurai planned it all along
The vile, vile man. Having us on the edge of our seats for so long. If he were to enter a strip club, people would gawk in awe at his aptitude at teasing.

Actually I shouldn't have said that my mental imagery has short circuited.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
There's a way to debunk every claim against Ridley, and thats the kind of project I want to work on with some people.
I'm working on my own version of that project

It's called wait two months

:p

The vile, vile man. Having us on the edge of our seats for so long. If he were to enter a strip club, people would gawk in awe at his aptitude at teasing.

Actually I shouldn't have said that my mental imagery has short circuited.
Well, you started off with vile, vile man. That already gave me strip club imagery

I'd totally give Sakurai my $$$ if he'd show us his giant Ridley already. I've been waiting forever

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
You see, its funny because nobody here has ever made a mistake in their lives. Ever.

Just because he made the mistake of claiming Prime was Echoes, thats not something that makes him uncredible, its something that makes him human. Humans make mistakes, its psychology. Seriously, give the man a break. Go hate on someone else's video. Say there was a business meeting, and the boss proposes a horrible idea for the company. 4 people make good points as to why the company shouldn't go that direction, and one just says "I don't think that should happen". The boss only fires the guy who said "I don't think that should happen", how is that fair?

I don't support his claims, but they're good claims (for a detractor) and you all really need to lay off of him. There's a way to debunk every claim against Ridley, and thats the kind of project I want to work on with some people.
The issue is this. If you have no understanding of something, you can't really argue about it. If you want to have an actual legitimate opinion in a serious thought-out discussion, you need to either be the person asking questions, or you need to do your research before giving answers. You don't smugly declare incorrect information as fact.

"Being human" and "being a moron" overlap a LOT by default, but it's actually possible to stay out of that overlap by trying a little.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I don't support his claims, but they're good claims (for a detractor) and you all really need to lay off of him. There's a way to debunk every claim against Ridley, and thats the kind of project I want to work on with some people.
It's not the fact that he made a mistake that bothers me. It's the fact that he when he said that, he was showing clips of Ridley from all the games he appeared in. When he mentioned Ridley appearing in Metroid Prime 2, he showed footage of Prime 1. I have a hard time believing he wouldn't have realized he made a mistake saying that when he put the video together. Despite that, he kept that bit in there.

I undertand that people make mistakes, and that's not something that we should discredit him for. It's because it's likely that he realized his mistake and chose not to do anything about it that bothers me.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's not the fact that he made a mistake that bothers me. It's the fact that he when he said that, he was showing clips of Ridley from all the games he appeared in. When he mentioned Ridley appearing in Metroid Prime 2, he showed footage of Prime 1. I have a hard time believing he wouldn't have realized he made a mistake saying that when he put the video together. Despite that, he kept that bit in there.

I undertand that people make mistakes, and that's not something that we should discredit him for. It's because it's likely that he realized his mistake and chose not to do anything about it that bothers me.
Not to mention a lot of his criticisms were about as invalid as the majority of the newest sequelitis.

"He's a DRAGON!!!!! argument over"

Well that's super.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'm working on my own version of that project

It's called wait two months

:p

Well, you started off with vile, vile man. That already gave me strip club imagery

I'd totally give Sakurai my $$$ if he'd show us his giant Ridley already. I've been waiting forever
"It's s-so...so BIG!"

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm not going to hype myself up for anything. Ridley is a very unlikely best case scenario, I'm betting on us getting a stage.
I wouldn't be surprised. Comic Con is HUGE! It would be a wasted opportunity to not reveal a character at the biggest event in the West.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Not to mention a lot of his criticisms were about as invalid as the majority of the newest sequelitis.

"He's a DRAGON!!!!! argument over"

Well that's super.
Well, having a bunch of subjective arguments doesn't really help his case much.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Watch them reveal Ridley on the 20'th this August as playable, the one year anniversary of the troll

Sakurai planned it all along
If there really is an August Direct on the 20th, would that be a dead giveaway that Ridley would be the one revealed?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
The issue is this. If you have no understanding of something, you can't really argue about it. If you want to have an actual legitimate opinion in a serious thought-out discussion, you need to either be the person asking questions, or you need to do your research before giving answers. You don't smugly declare incorrect information as fact.

"Being human" and "being a moron" overlap a LOT by default, but it's actually possible to stay out of that overlap by trying a little.
Is this directed at my statement, or Shokio's video? I'm honestly confused here.

I know enough about Metroid to hold up an argument about Ridley for Smash. I want him in Smash. 100%. I'm just trying to get people to lay off of Shokio when there's so many more people to hate on. I agree, he probably doesn't know much about the Metroid games, but when the games follow one long story, it can be hard to remember who was in what and when they weren't, especially if it's a main villain.

I know where you're coming from, and I agree. The problem is that Prime and Echoes were both on the GameCube and had similar graphics, making it easier to confuse one scene. As I said above, he probably doesn't know much about Metroid. It makes me mad that he left it in, too.

All in all, I agree that he's wrong and that there was so much wrong with that video. I just don't like that it's just one person that we constantly choose to hate on.

UNRELATED: For those who don't know yet:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/19/super-smash-bros-teases-special-surprises-for-comic-con/

Last edited:
Top Bottom