• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
sorry but even coro coro corrected its statement and said they're only gonna show the characters that have been revealed so far and go more in depth into them
I think he meant was if he wasn't revealed as playable beforehand since they are going in depth on all stages if Ridley isn't mentioned as a Boss/Stage Hazard on Pyrosphere it would basically confirm him without confirming him.

EDIT: Soooo much :4greninja:ing

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
This could very well be our moment in Heaven or Hell.

Personally speaking, I was hoping that they held off on information until the 3DS's release, just so that we could commemorate the anniversary of the Pyrosphere's reveal on August 20.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Plot twist, all stages except pyro sphere are there.
I said in my essay that if Sakurai (which I guess would decide what would be in the magazine) teases Ridley on this stage again, I would be 99% playable.

If goes as far to even lie after correcting own statement, it will do the same for me.

So, it will be talked, but how can you present the stage for every readers without mentioning that it's where you fight Ridley?

The question is HOW he will be mentioned.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Are they revealing details on stages for the Wii U version, or just the 3DS version since it's coming a month later?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wonder how detailed they will get into the stages though. They could easily tip toe around the Ridley of it all as well.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wonder how detailed they will get into the stages though. They could easily tip toe around the Ridley of it all as well.
If they do that, I'm going with playable. Enough is enough! The people need answers!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Also, unless Ridley's a boss or something in both versions, isn't it kind of a **** move to relegate him to a stage in one version, when some fans won't get the Wii U version or will prefer the 3DS version?

I know the goal is to sell both, but the overall goal should be to sell either. Seems like a kick in the nuts if Sakurai's goal is to "represent the character".

At least Chrom is an FS on both versions.

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
Are they revealing details on stages for the Wii U version, or just the 3DS version since it's coming a month later?
I think just 3DS since coro coro is a 3DSish based magazine kind of how it always has info on the newest pokemon games

Haha so are any of you guys actually hyped a possible inclusion of Bandanna Dee? Im just curious cuz i just read the miahstorm leak

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Haha so are any of you guys actually hyped a possible inclusion of Bandanna Dee? Im just curious cuz i just read the miahstorm leak
A spear character could be interesting. (Sorry, Chrom.) I'd mostly just be pleased because it'd make so many other people happy, who are also generally good natured fun folks.

That, and the leak has literally every other newcomer I'd want. Which of course makes it fake. I can't ever have everything I want. Always with the compromise...

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
A spear character could be interesting. (Sorry, Chrom.) I'd mostly just be pleased because it'd make so many other people happy, who are also generally good natured fun folks.

That, and the leak has literally every other newcomer I'd want. Which of course makes it fake. I can't ever have everything I want. Always with the compromise...
I freaking love kirby and the trailer would be perfect to include meta knight and also king dedede doesnt throw anymore waddle dees, coincidence?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm neutral on him. He's a good representation of modern Kirby games, and the spear gives him tons of potential. Plus, he's not a clone like Dark Pit or a oneshot like Ghirahim.
But enough of that, this is the Ridley thread! And we're not so insecure as to rely on fake leaks to assure us that whatever characters we want are in, right?

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
I'm neutral on him. He's a good representation of modern Kirby games, and the spear gives him tons of potential. Plus, he's not a clone like Dark Pit or a oneshot like Ghirahim.
But enough of that, this is the Ridley thread! And we're not so insecure as to rely on fake leaks to assure us that whatever characters we want are in, right?
yeah sorry, i was just curious about what you all thought of him as a character, and yeah back to ridley, sorry for getting off track

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
I think some people have already talked a bit about this leak on here, buuut...
He deconfirmed Chrom and said that he was considered...Exactly what Sakurai said. He also said Lucina was an alt skin, and said he had this as early information. Newcomers were King K. Rool, Sceptile, Shulk, Bandana Dee, and RIDLEY.
Take it with a grain of salt as there are several ways to debunk it. I, myself don't fully believe it but it has the perfect roster...But for now it has the most credibility.

Last edited:

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
I think some people have already talked a bit about this leak on here, buuut...
He deconfirmed Chrom and said that he was considered...Exactly what Sakurai said. He also said Lucina was an alt skin, and said he had this as early information. Newcomers were King K. Rool, Sceptile, Shulk, Bandana Dee, and RIDLEY.
Take it with a grain of salt as there are several ways to debunk it. I, myself don't fully believe it but it has the perfect roster...But for now it has the most credibility.
Effing Bandanna Dee!!!!! :D na jk I'm freaking hyped for Ridley

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Effing Bandanna Dee!!!!! :D na jk I'm freaking hyped for Ridley
Yeah, a lot of people are trying to debunk him but I mean...He freaking deconfirmed Chrom BEFORE THE TRAILER plus he said Lucina would be in and also have a mask...Who later was revealed to indeed have that. It also has wavedashing and L-Canceling apparently, and I forgot to mention that Mewtwo is returning. The only cut veterans are Ivysaur and squirtle.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well. With CoroCoro talking about stages I'm really antsy now. If we hear about that direct in the first week of august to be on thursday or friday then that'll have to be Ridley day. Either Sakurai is going to confirm Ridley or CoroCoro is going to explain Pyrosphere. It's getting intense.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My only hesitation is no LoZ newcomer about that leak. The trophy's from the Smash Direct would all have a newcomer to attach to them, but the Fi one. Otherwise it's somewhat believable.

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, a lot of people are trying to debunk him but I mean...He freaking deconfirmed Chrom BEFORE THE TRAILER plus he said Lucina would be in and also have a mask...Who later was revealed to indeed have that. It also has wavedashing and L-Canceling apparently, and I forgot to mention that Mewtwo is returning. The only cut veterans are Ivysaur and squirtle.
Mewtwo honestly is perfect to bring back cuz of his mega evos, but if he didnt have them, i dont think he'd be back, and I love wave dashing so thats awesome, but L-canceling i could never get down :/ and hey i saw you on the leak thread

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
My only hesitation is no LoZ newcomer about that leak. The trophy's from the Smash Direct would all have a newcomer to attach to them, but the Fi one. Otherwise it's somewhat believable.
Possibly Ganondorf get's a reworked moveset? That could very well be why. Or Ridley and everyone else being in is just a complete coincidence, but I wouldn't put it past Mr. Sakurai to make such subtle hints through a trophy quiz.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What if the direct is on August 12?

That's actually only a day after Paper Mario's anniversary...

No seriously I think I'll panic if it turns out to be the case. (2 most wanted(.

I mean I already have next Tuesday to hype myself on the next POTD (no newcomer but mainly stage on TTYD).

Last edited:

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
Possibly Ganondorf get's a reworked moveset? That could very well be why. Or Ridley and everyone else being in is just a complete coincidence, but I wouldn't put it past Mr. Sakurai to make such subtle hints through a trophy quiz.
maybe he'll finally have his sword and idk about you, but im hoping for him to have his OOT appearance, not his TP appearance

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That leak missed Robin, too. Also, if Ganondorf gets a brand new moveset, he might be the Zelda "newcomer" instead. The leak I do think is fake, though, it just sounds way too fishy.

That said, I think more and more people are coming to believe that Ridley is playable. I find this very interesting, as more fake leaks are including Ridley in them.

What if the direct is on August 12?

That's actually only a day after Paper Mario's anniversary...

No seriously I think I'll panic if it turns out to be the case. (2 most wanted(.

I mean I already have next Tuesday to hype myself on the next POTD (no newcomer but mainly stage on TTYD).
I know you really want Paper Mario. I just don't think there's any chance whatsoever he's playable. I'm going to say it right now, I don't think Paper Mario will get any representation whatsoever.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
That leak missed Robin, too. Also, if Ganondorf gets a brand new moveset, he might be the Zelda "newcomer" instead. The leak I do think is fake, though, it just sounds way too fishy.
IIRC, he later talked about why Sakurai put in Robin and Lucina. He never deconfirmed Robin either, and the list of newcomers wasn't even the final list. Too add on to that, it was early information, so maybe Robin replaced Chrom.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

That said, I think more and more people are coming to believe that Ridley is playable. I find this very interesting, as more fake leaks are including Ridley in them.

I know you really want Paper Mario. I just don't think there's any chance whatsoever he's playable. I'm going to say it right now, I don't think Paper Mario will get any representation whatsoever.
I just want better than trophies (one music as minimum)...

And the repping is so good so far that I don't see any reasons to not happen.

as for his chances, I'll say "decent" since that 4 FE rep. It's basically can happen but can go either way.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
IIRC, he later talked about why Sakurai put in Robin and Lucina. He never deconfirmed Robin either, and the list of newcomers wasn't even the final list. Too add on to that, it was early information, so maybe Robin replaced Chrom.
Sakurai confirmed Chrom was never on the roster. Please stop bringing this up. Also, I was pretty sure I read through the whole thing and it never mentioned Robin at all. Did I just miss it?

And even then, why do we need a fake leak to hint at Ridley being playable? We already have tons of hints at Ridley and frankly, I think he's the mostlikely newcomer at this point in time.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah. Reading over the thread. I don't believe that thread.

If his friend got fired early in the production of the game. How the hell does he still know the reveal dates of newcomers? Like he literally says Bandanna Dee is next to be reveal and it's soon. How would he know this if he's been fired?

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Sakurai confirmed Chrom was never on the roster. Please stop bringing this up. Also, I was pretty sure I read through the whole thing and it never mentioned Robin at all. Did I just miss it?

And even then, why do we need a fake leak to hint at Ridley being playable? We already have tons of hints at Ridley and frankly, I think he's the mostlikely newcomer at this point in time.
The guy said Chrom was considered. Sakurai said that he was also considered. The guy also said that Chrom was scapped due to him being too much like Marth and Ike. Sakurai said something similar later. It lines up pretty good, and for now it's the most credible thing.

If his friend got fired early in the production of the game. How the hell does he still know the reveal dates of newcomers? Like he literally says Bandanna Dee is next to be reveal and it's soon. How would he know this if he's been fired?
On one of his posts when asking questions, he says that his friend talks to his former coworkers. Of course, it's easy to say his lying, but we don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice

because he said that guy is still in touch with people who are still working on the game

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
because he said that guy is still in touch with people who are still working on the game
Still not buying it. Chorus Men are good guys in their game right? Why would Sakurai make good guys into enemies in Smash Run?

I fear this is just the case of a person telling the board what it wants to hear.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The guy said Chrom was considered. Sakurai said that he was also considered. The guy also said that Chrom was scapped due to him being too much like Marth and Ike. Sakurai said something similar later. It lines up pretty good, and for now it's the most credible thing.

On one of his posts when asking questions, he says that his friend talks to his former coworkers. Of course, it's easy to say his lying, but we don't know.
Sakurai never said Chrom was scrapped, though. You are reading your own opinions into it. Sakurai said Chrom was considered but passed over. Where does that scream "started development and scrapped"? It says the EXACT OPPOSITE.

All this guy did is correctly guess what everyone in the Robin thread thought: Chrom was passed over due to being too similar to Ike and Marth. That's it. And many people figured Lucina would be a skin of Marth, myself included. Not to mention the fact that if this guy is still getting updated info, he would know for a fact that Lucina was made into her own original character.

What you are doing is trying to latch onto a leak because Ridley's in it. That's it. Sakurai destroyed the second half of the Gematsu leak, plus literally every other leak in existence. Let's cut it with this leak and get back to discussing Ridley.

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
Still not buying it. Chorus Men are good guys in their game right? Why would Sakurai make good guys into enemies in Smash Run?

I fear this is just the case of a person telling the board what it wants to hear.
Idk ive never played rythm heaven :/ and haha its sakurai, he does whatever he wants, like pokemon arent necessarily bad, but he put chadelure as an enemy in smash run too soooo?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I mean we have that whole ''Most beloved roster" yet thing going around and that's the most true information we've gotten so far.

But this leak is the extreme. It's literally appeasing to not only fans of big mega wanted characters, but fans of characters who have more of a cult following as well. It's almost too beloved is true.

And that's why it seems fake.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I wouldn't put much stock into it. People hold their breath for every leak that states a specific occurrence will happen on a set date, and it almost always ends with disappointment ("enjoy my friend Shulk tomorrow," "Wario by the end of next week," etc.). It'll be no surprise if the date comes and goes.

Easy on the double posting, newer 'gents. And don't forget general leak/non-Ridley character discussion doesn't belong in this thread.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
All the Chorus Men do is sing (you even control one) and try not to fail.

You shoot the Sneaky Spirits with arrows. Makes sense they're where they are.

Can we be done now?

Top Bottom