• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Well...

Thanks for that. Now I'll never be able to unsee him. I swear I didn't even notice that before a posted that here (or the creepy dude peering out of the direct middle). All the more relevancy to stop the Off-Topic Police then...

Not gonna lie I'm really ****ing scared now...

Based on what your classes are, I'd say either a Resisting Bruiser or a Zoning Bruiser in addition to what your original idea was.
Can I see the moveset? I'm really curious

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
I thought we decided a little while ago that Ridley be given the rare Lightning Bruiser class.:denzel:
I'd imagine Ridley would be in the same class as little mac is in your list.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait.
I just noticed.
Ridley CAN'T be Revealed at Comic-Con.
Unless you want about 10,000 people dieing under a single collapsing roof because of the Uproar that would happen if Ridley was announced, all in one place.
:T

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
There's a post-direct video? Link me to it.
I can't post links yet, but it's called "Ridley De-Confirmed for Smash 4". He's not actually in it and all the video is the original Pyrosphere POTD, The DOA Ridley footage (for some reason), The shadow from the direct, and cutting off the Sakurai's quote on Ridley in Brawl to support his argument, that's it.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I can't post links yet, but it's called "Ridley De-Confirmed for Smash 4". He's not actually in it and all the video is the original Pyrosphere POTD, The DOA Ridley footage (for some reason), The shadow from the direct, and cutting off the Sakurai's quote on Ridley in Brawl to support his argument, that's it.
You can post links now, you're over 10 posts (you're at sixteen). 'Grats.

Is it by Shokio?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Of course it's a stage, an unrelated game, nothing new, and completely altered information treated as some kind of conclusive evidence of anything. :troll: After all it's only common sense, if you say nothing productive at all it is obviously proof that Ridley is deconfirmed.

EDIT: Guys, would you say Bowser is larger in SSB4 than he is in Brawl?

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Just realized something. The constant scrapes and holes on the wall on Pyrosphere just seem forced. They're obviously part of a skybox. They're well arranged and the same every-time. Which is what makes it seem like Ridley's home stage instead of that stuff being caused by him. We've never seen the stage without those things.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Just realized something. The constant scrapes and holes on the wall on Pyrosphere just seem forced. They're obviously part of a skybox. They're well arranged and the same every-time. Which is what makes it seem like Ridley's home stage instead of that stuff being caused by him. We've never seen the stage without those things.
Agreed, Pyrosphere is clearly Ridley's home stage.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Oh, self-congratulatory video link post!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM4WW42269o&list=UUBQnkb7JjTfpaIARq53ZLGQ

and ya, it's on his channel.
I possess the exceptional power to understand the ways of the detractors. That being said, I see what he's getting at, but nothing he uses are fact. Especially the part with the interview. From 2008. 2008! Seriously! That's like me taking a quote from someone in an arguement as kids and then going up to their house 30 years later and being like 'Aaaand another thing!" It's useless. That interview is useless. That was for Brawl. There were also some pretty strict time constraints on Brawl. It gets me so mad when the detractors use that kind of stuff... :grrr:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I possess the exceptional power to understand the ways of the detractors. That being said, I see what he's getting at, but nothing he uses are fact. Especially the part with the interview. From 2008. 2008! Seriously! That's like me taking a quote from someone in an arguement as kids and then going up to their house 30 years later and being like 'Aaaand another thing!" It's useless. That interview is useless. That was for Brawl. There were also some pretty strict time constraints on Brawl. It gets me so mad when the detractors use that kind of stuff... :grrr:
As we've learned, never use Past Sakurai to understand Present Sakurai.

"But he said Villager couldn't fight!" and here we are.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Wow, the amount of smug arrogance in the comments on that video is astounding. I wouldn't expect anything less from people who follow a person who screams of smug arrogance and only posts information that helps his stance rather than taking an objective look at it. Ridley looks like a very unnatural boss at best and his shadow IS NOT THAT BIG FOR THE LAST TIME. Ugh. I need some more wat-I mean juice :)

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Call me ignorant, but what's a skybox?

I don't understand any of this because I'm a complete "scrub".

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sakurai six years ago: "We could make Ridley work, but he might be slow."

Detractors: "SEE? SAKURAI SAYS HE'S TOO BIG TO BE IN THIS SMASH BROS. TRY THINKING AND DON'T GRASP AT STRAWS OR BE SO DELUSIONAL ECKSDEE 11 !!1!!1! ANGER FECE"

EDIT: Isn't the skybox the "background" that surrounds the actual platforms of the stage?

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
So does that mean we are waiting for Samus' home stage?
My bet's on Samus' home stage being a returning one from Brawl, a la Lucas having New Pork City for his home stage and Ness having Onett for his

It gets me so mad when the detractors use that kind of stuff... :grrr:
The fact he's using a 6 year-old quote isn't the thing that bothers me, the fact he's manipulating it for his argument is what bothers me.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Aside from that quote being outdated (which does matter considering Sakurai seems to be rather open-minded when it comes to changing his opinions), he doesn't even say Ridley is completely unfeasible. He says it probably would have been impossible to have him in Brawl, but if they put their best efforts in, they could have made it work. He's not saying Ridley is an impossible Smash character, he says that he would have been difficult to put in, but theoretically, they could have done it. Though I notice detractors tend to ignore the second part of that quote entirely...

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai six years ago: "We could make Ridley work, but he might be slow."

Detractors: "SEE? SAKURAI SAYS HE'S TOO BIG TO BE IN THIS SMASH BROS. TRY THINKING AND DON'T GRASP AT STRAWS OR BE SO DELUSIONAL ECKSDEE 11 !!1!!1! ANGER FECE"

EDIT: Isn't the skybox the "background" that surrounds the actual platforms of the stage?
Thank you!

But wait, if that's the case, I don't see how that means it's any more likely to be his home stage than his boss stage. Please explain, I'm not saying it's not worth anything, just that I don't understand personally. Please teach me, almighty skybox-knowers.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
As we've learned, never use Past Sakurai to understand Present Sakurai.

"But he said Villager couldn't fight!" and here we are.
Don't forget at E3 "6 years ago, Miis didn't seem like they could fight." Look at us now.

The fact he's using a 6 year-old quote isn't the thing that bothers me, the fact he's manipulating it for his argument is what bothers me.
That was part of the rant, I thought. I tend to forget stuff.

Aside from that quote being outdated (which does matter considering Sakurai seems to be rather open-minded when it comes to changing his opinions), he doesn't even say Ridley is completely unfeasible. He says it probably would have been impossible to have him in Brawl, but if they put their best efforts in, they could have made it work. He's not saying Ridley is an impossible Smash character, he says that he would have been difficult to put in, but theoretically, they could have done it. Though I notice detractors tend to ignore the second part of that quote entirely...
Well, yeah. Detractors leave anything that contradicts them out of their arguments, even if it is the most important part. The things you learn from being forced to listen to them...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Thank you!

But wait, if that's the case, I don't see how that means it's any more likely to be his home stage than his boss stage. Please explain, I'm not saying it's not worth anything, just that I don't understand personally. Please teach me, almighty skybox-knowers.
Well, I suppose if Ridley is a boss, then it's possible he could interact with the stage background (or "skybox"), possibly damaging it over time. But I think that's unlikely, myself.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Lately I've been getting the impression that Sakurai put a Ridley shadow (or whatever) in the Smash Direct in the boss section not only to tease fans, but to gauge their reaction, which has been one of the two usual extremes.

Whether or not it means he's playable or a boss, it seems like something he'd do.

Last edited:

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
So while looking for some sprite animations for Ridley to use as a player in a platformer, I stumbled upon a flash smash game called smash bros crusade, and what a coincidence, Ridley is a playable character. He also seems perfectly fine being resized to being only slightly bigger than the others. want to see? here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhZjp5U3LQg
Aside from the choppiness of the recording, I think he looks fine.
I'd love to get my hands on those sprites though....

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
So while looking for some sprite animations for Ridley to use as a player in a platformer, I stumbled upon a flash smash game called smash bros crusade, and what a coincidence, Ridley is a playable character. He also seems perfectly fine being resized to being only slightly bigger than the others. want to see? here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhZjp5U3LQg
Aside from the choppiness of the recording, I think he looks fine.
I'd love to get my hands on those sprites though....
I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THOSE SPRITES CAME FROM!

Don't leave...

EDIT: I came across those exact sprites a while back in the thread. And I mean a long while back. I was using some of them as gifs to do expressions with. Here's where I found them. Unfortunately, this is all they had on record, as the project was WIP. Hope you can get what you need from these: http://ssbcforum.proboards.com/thread/703

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Call me ignorant, but what's a skybox?

I don't understand any of this because I'm a complete "scrub".
Basically a huge texture or image representing the background/sky. Not sure if the walls on pyrosphere are exactly skyboxes though.

Last edited:

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THOSE SPRITES CAME FROM!

Don't leave...

EDIT: I came across those exact sprites a while back in the thread. And I mean a long while back. I was using some of them as gifs to do expressions with. Here's where I found them. Unfortunately, this is all they had on record, as the project was WIP. Hope you can get what you need from these: http://ssbcforum.proboards.com/thread/703
Thanks! Its a good start, I'm sure I can work with these!:chuckle:

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Can someone tell me why there are two holes in the background of the Pyrosphere stage? I remember Clone Ridley only making 1 hole during Other M.

D

Deleted member

Can someone tell me why there are two holes in the background of the Pyrosphere stage? I remember Clone Ridley only making 1 hole during Other M.
Obviously those are for Adam and Anthony to enter into the stage so that they can start authorizing the players and telling them they have no style simultaneously.

Adam Malkovich and Anthony Higgs confirmed for Pyrosphere stage bosses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
If he's a boss, maybe he comes out one and goes into the other. Or, maybe an additional hole just looks cooler.

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Obviously those are for Adam and Anthony to enter into the stage so that they can start authorizing the players and telling them they have no style simultaneously.

Adam Malkovich and Anthony Higgs confirmed for Pyrosphere stage bosses.
*Gets a Smash Ball*

"I'm authorizing the use of your Final Smash ability. You only have enough power to use it once, so make it count."

Bobomberman

Smash Cadet
If he's a boss, maybe he comes out one and goes into the other. Or, maybe an additional hole just looks cooler.
This is what I'm afraid of. Considering Yellow Devil can be seen in the background just before he jumps into the fray, I could imagine this would be where you would see Ridley enter from in the background. Hopefully it's just general battle damage. That damned hole though stares at me and whispers cruel premonitions of Pinataley.

Top Bottom