• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
All of this decision of Shokio made me go back and watch his original video. God, I forgot how hard it is to watch, between all the cockiness, self-contradiction, and general stupidity. I never could bring myself to watch his post-direct Ridley video.

Guys, I think we might get Ridley soon...Why you may ask? Well, just take a look at this...
A North-American centered event like Comic-Con does make sense for a Ridley reveal, although a popular veteran like Snake or one of the Mother boys is what I'm expecting.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
All of this decision of Shokio made me go back and watch his original video. God, I forgot how hard it is to watch, between all the cockiness, self-contradiction, and general stupidity. I never could bring myself to watch his post-direct Ridley video.

A North-American centered event like Comic-Con does make sense for a Ridley reveal, although a popular veteran like Snake or one of the Mother boys is what I'm expecting.
I still can't fathom why he wouldn't want Ridley :/

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think Falcon was on an anniversary, and Lucina and Robin were one day prior to a Fire Emblem anniversary.

EDIT: The explanation is simple. Stupid people often make stupid choices and publicize their stupid opinions. Shokio is just kind of another embodiment of that.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Falcon was on an anniversary, and Lucina and Robin were one day prior to a Fire Emblem anniversary.

EDIT: The explanation is simple. Stupid people often make stupid choices and publicize their stupid opinions. Shokio is just kind of another embodiment of that.
Yeah, this. Falcon was on the anniversary of F-Zero X, and the anniversaries of Monsho no Nazo for DS and the re-release of Thracia 776 on Wii U were on the following day.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
What I don't get is some people think Falcon being revealed on a anniversary makes sense

Yet the thought of Ridley being revealed on or near metroid's anniversay, which is also the same month the pyrosphere pic was released, is too obvious

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
What I don't get is some people think Falcon being revealed on a anniversary makes sense

Yet the thought of Ridley being revealed on or near metroid's anniversay, which is also the same month the pyrosphere pic was released, is too obvious
Its because eveyone was distracted by a tweet by Monolith.
I'm betting that Monolith will tweet another upcoming Smash reveal, and everyone will be too distracted by Monolith Monday to consider Ridley.
Ditto here, I can't see how someone could so strongly dislike a character without any reason.
Too big, too evil, too scary, rightful role as boss, unfaithful scaled down, better reps in generic enemies, Adam, the Hunters...
Take your pick.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Well, the main issue is, WE believe Ridley is playable, so him being revealed on Metroid's anniversary seems obvious. Barely anyone expected Falcon because he's usually secret. However, we have to take into consideration that barely anyone believes Ridley is playable at this point, only people who have really looked into the hints and teases fully believe Ridley is playable. So I personally think it is a valid option at this point, especially if CoroCoro is planning to explain all existing stages.

If CoroCoro doesn't explain about the stage hazards on Pyrosphere, people WILL get suspicious. I think its more obvious than ever now that Ridley has to be announced on the Metroid anniversary, but, again, most people don't believe Ridley is playable. We're the exceptions.

Other people thought Captain Falcon or Fire Emblem were the focus of the Monday reveal, but they were a select few.

I'm betting that Monolith will tweet another upcoming Smash reveal, and everyone will be too distracted by Monolith Monday to consider Ridley.
Actually, I agree on the notion that Monolith distracted everyone. Now I'm betting most people anticipate Shulk will be the next newcomer. I'm placing my bets on it being Ridley now, or both Ridley and K. Rool in the same trailer (if its a Villains Trailer).

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I did see some people who saw Ridley as the 2nd most likely reveal, even at Modono Monday hype.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well hold on. Is Corocoro talking about Wii U stages at all? I thought it was just 3DS stages.
According to CoroCoro, they said they are discussing EVERYTHING for Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS to date. Wii U and 3DS. Yes, I think the whole "just 3DS thing" was a mistranslation.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
According to CoroCoro, they said they are discussing EVERYTHING for Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS to date. Wii U and 3DS. Yes, I think the whole "just 3DS thing" was a mistranslation.
So we'll know Ridley's fate on August 12th at the very latest? Perfect, on my birthday :p

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well if it's everything, I guess an early august direct is the only time they can reveal Ridley. I mean CoroCoro not mentioning Ridley as a stage hazard would confirm him as playable in a less climactic way than Pac-Man via Twitter.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
If Corocoro is going to talk about the pyrosphere next month then Ridley will have to be revealed in the comic con or in a direct before corocoro is launched, I highly doubt Sakurai would let them ruin the surprise

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm in agreement. He very well might surprise us with Ridley and Comic-Con, though, just because people would expect Ridley the first week of August more than getting him a week after another major reveal trailer.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I'm in agreement. He very well might surprise us with Ridley and Comic-Con, though, just because people would expect Ridley the first week of August more than getting him a week after another major reveal trailer.
It'll just make Sakurai more known for his trolling. He'll open the flood gates. Everyone will drown and drink water.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
And your post has purple letters! MORE RIDLEY
IS THAT A PURPLE CAPE IN YOUR AVATAR?! AND PURPLE TINTED DEDEDE?!

I've decided that if Ridley is in the game, I must grab him using the smallest character in the game, while said small character is under the influence of a Poison Shroom or Mini Mushroom or whatever. Oh and Ridley is using a Mega Mushroom.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I've decided that if Ridley is in the game, I must grab him using the smallest character in the game, while said small character is under the influence of a Poison Shroom or Mini Mushroom or whatever. Oh and Ridley is using a Mega Mushroom.
Not to ruin your fun, but I don't think that's possible from what I remember. :p

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
There's a post-direct video? Link me to it.

I swear this is what it's like every time I get on here...

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
I just realized the best idea...When the game comes out, I am going to do huge mode with 4 Ridleys on the smallest stage while giving them mega shrooms. Best. Idea. Ever.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Has anyone actually tried making a legitimate-looking leak that shows a Playable Ridley yet?
No? OK then...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Yes, because purple indicates royalty. and Ridleyty. Little 'o each.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, using this list, would Ridley be classified as a Ranged Bruiser?

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Ridley is in that mob! Top one in the middle
Well...

Thanks for that. Now I'll never be able to unsee him. I swear I didn't even notice that before a posted that here (or the creepy dude peering out of the direct middle). All the more relevancy to stop the Off-Topic Police then...

Not gonna lie I'm really scared now...

Hey guys, using this list, would Ridley be classified as a Ranged Bruiser?

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
Based on what your classes are, I'd say either a Resisting Bruiser or a Zoning Bruiser in addition to what your original idea was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom