• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
I am so insanely disappointed in whoever set that list up for putting Magnus and Dark Pit on it but Medusa is nowhere to be seen.

Anyway. Yellow Devil can't be resized. He'd look dumb to me and that means he is literally physically impossible to resize.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I wish they had keep "He may look like a mindless monster" instead of "He looks like a pterosaur"....really...
Yeah, it kind of silly to assume people would think he's not intelligent because he looks like "a pterosaur" rather than "a mindless monster". Though I do like that they mention he's intelligent and sadistic and not some rampaging beast, something some detractors seem to assume for some reason.

D

Deleted member

Someone told me that Ridley can't be playable because Kraid is going to be a boss in Smash Run which would make too much Metroid representation. Somehow he thinks Metroid deserves less representation than Kid Icarus. I give up on internet

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yah, resizing the Yellow Devil would be like resizing Kraid-

The similarities deepen.
They can just use his NES look. And Sakurai even said that size doesn't matter in smash bros. Just look at Ridley!
Nah, I just can't see it. he just looks wrong small. His size is part of his character, if you shrink him, he's not the yellow devil anymore.

D

Deleted member

Yellow Devil's character is being a boss
EDIT: It seems I alternate between making good posts and bad posts, like this one

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Someone told me that Ridley can't be playable because Kraid is going to be a boss in Smash Run which would make too much Metroid representation. Somehow he thinks Metroid deserves less representation than Kid Icarus. I give up on internet
Pffft, whatever, I've seen someone say that he shouldn't be in because he couldn't walk.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Nah, I just can't see it. he just looks wrong small. His size is part of his character, if you shrink him, he's not the yellow devil anymore.
And you're probably gonna talk about Sakurai saying he was a boss on Wily's Castle. Well, I SAW HIS WING clip onto the screen it was silver, so it MUST be Meta Yellow-Devil.

D

Deleted member

Pffft, whatever, I've seen someone say that he shouldn't be in because he couldn't walk.
I guess Specter Knight can't be one of the playable bosses in Shovel Knight then, because he can't wal-- oh wait

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Wow, at the time of this post the order is Ridley #1, K. Rool #2, and Shulk #3. That's may exact top three wanted characters, in the same order. :surprised:

EDIT: Dang it Issac you ruined the surreal moment!
Hey! my vote for shulk moved him back up to 3! You're welcome.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
The joke cycle.

This one has honestly lost its luster for me. We need more inventive jokes beyond, "Hehe Ridley's too big hardy har har. Miiverse is stupid laaawwlll!"

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
We could try arguing for Mother Brain's ascension to playable.
She has so much moveset potential, like her neutral b can be those round shooty things, and her side b's can be that wave that she shoots in Zero Mission.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Mother Brain's final smash will obviously be
the final battle of Other M where... Samus shoots her once? Oh, that wasn't a fight was it :troll:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
You guys have no proof of her final smash being anything BUT the peach blossom. Everything else would be a clone of Bowser and Charizard but OP!

D

Deleted member

You guys have no proof of her final smash being anything BUT the peach blossom. Everything else would be a clone of Bowser and Charizard but OP!
How would the blue falcon make her a bowser or charizrd clone? If anything, it makes her a clone of waluigi.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Kraid boss on 3DS Smash Run maybe? At 23:00

And I doubt they would lie as well. Could this potentially help Ridleys chances?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

And I doubt they would lie as well. Could this potentially help Ridleys chances?
Already been posted. And discussed.
A LOT.
we pretty much came to the conclusion that it would be mini-kraid considering how Bonkers has been seen as a "boss", and it does't really affect Ridley's chances.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

:079: But seriously, I don't think Kraid in Smash Run affects Ridley's Pyrosphere problems. At leak the dude specified Kraid and didn't say something vague like, "A big Metroid boss."

Top Bottom