• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
The main obstacle against Ridley's inclusion is plain and simple, whether Sakurai believes Metroid deserves another playable rep in the series.
Or if he actually has a creative vision for the character. Lots of popular requests go down in flames just because the developing team didn't really consider or find a way to make a character work to their liking. I don't think they look at Metroid and go "ehhh, two characters is enough."

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
This here combined with the Bulborb 'bounty' I saw in another video, I fairly confident in saying that the 'big Kremling' is likely just Krusha or someone like that. Dunno about Kraid though, like someone else said, there's a lot of narrow places in Smash Run, somebody that's notoriously a very large character would be strange to put there. Unless he only appears in certain areas and doesn't leave them. Does anyone know if the mini-bosses in Smash Run move around the map?
Aren't mini-bosses in separate rooms? Like you go into a door and they'll be at a place not connected to the regular area? That could work for the real Kraid since he can just have a comfortably sized room for himself alone.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Mini-Kraid would work just fine I imagine. It's noticeably larger than Samus even if it isn't full-sized Kraid.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think the bosses' spawn points are scripted to certain areas, I've seen two guys trying to take on the Bulborb (both failing too) and it was in the exact same place, so that'd make Kraid able to spawn at a designated location. I could be mistaken though.

I think it's also worth noting Bonkers is scaled up a lot, he's usually smaller than Dedede, not to mention Bulborb is a lot smaller in comparison to Olimar too. Kraid could be scaled down a bit.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
When you guys said that a Nintendo rep had leaked Kraid as a boss I thought you meant on the pyrosphere :/

THANKS FOR GETTING MY HOPES UP FOR NOTHING

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think the bosses' spawn points are scripted to certain areas, I've seen two guys trying to take on the Bulborb (both failing too) and it was in the exact same place, so that'd make Kraid able to spawn at a designated location. I could be mistaken though.

I think it's also worth noting Bonkers is scaled up a lot, he's usually smaller than Dedede, not to mention Bulborb is a lot smaller in comparison to Olimar too. Kraid could be scaled down a bit.
Well to be fair, Dedede is normally like four feet tall. :awesome:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who doesn't like (smash) boss-battles in general besides master/crazy hand?

If Ridley isn't playable I hope he's a background character or a trophie. **** lame ass boss battles. Imma avoid them regardless. I did in brawl as well..

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Am I the only one who doesn't like (smash) boss-battles in general besides master/crazy hand?

If Ridley isn't playable I hope he's a background character or a trophie. **** lame *** boss battles. Imma avoid them regardless. I did in brawl as well..
The Dyna Ridley battle was okay, right? sure, it wasn't Ridley, but still DAT MYOOJEK

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nahh bruh. I'm getting tired of all this extra bull**** smash is getting. Make normal stages, add characters, good online and a classic mode thats it!

Gross smh.
I know what you mean, yet when I first heard of subspace, not only did I think Ridley was another bounty hunter, but I thought that it would be awesome to have boss battles. To this day I love boss fights, the best one being Meta Ridley in MP3 IMO

Last edited:

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
I hope you can turn of bosses, i would like to play on normal wily castle with out the yellow devil but not for gloried (now a verb?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Agreed, I'm hoping there's a toggle to set the rate at when Stage Bosses appear, or disable them all-together. Here's what I'd like: max number of times stage boss will appear, rate at which boss will appear (once every x seconds/minutes, etc.).

And of course no Ridley or K. Rool stage bosses, that'd be lame. :p

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Someone (it mighta been Ismar actually) said that Wireframe Mac was actually an alt color (much like how SS civilian tunic Link is just a color). If that's true, that'd basically be just 1, same as Wario

Heck, I don't need two alts. I don't even need one alt. I just need Ridley playable in the game.
It was me (or at least me among a sea of other people) saying this. Was referring mostly to the PotD we got a while ago:

Where the comment itself talked about how Shigeru Miyamoto was the one who colored in the "wire frame" in the original.

Pink Hoodie on the other hand is a full on costume like Overalls Wario/Male Fit Trainer/female Villager.

If we were getting alts for everyone (though I highly doubt that'd be the case), I think Brawl's version of Meta Ridley textured over Roidley's model or maybe even something like Nintendoland/Ice Ridley would be the top priority picks.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Off-topic, but I thought this would be a good place to post this.
Ah, god, I love Jesse and TB. That was hilarious.

But, you guys still discussing the 'Smash Run has Bosses Thing?' Dunno 'bout you guys, but Kraid would be an awesome Smash Run Boss...

Especially if Ridley is playable and you can have reptile pirate versus reptile pirate.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The only bosses I kept running into were Zelda ones. Mostly TP Dark Nuts/OoT Stalfos, and occasionally "trap" rooms full of Cuccoos.

Can, however, see bigger ones in some of the more large/cut off areas. Or even as a separate "minigame" area like Break the Crystal.

Even so, I'd prefer real Kraid/Crocomire or even an Omega Metroid before Fake/small Kraid.

D

Deleted member

It was me (or at least me among a sea of other people) saying this. Was referring mostly to the PotD we got a while ago:

Where the comment itself talked about how Shigeru Miyamoto was the one who colored in the "wire frame" in the original.

Pink Hoodie on the other hand is a full on costume like Overalls Wario/Male Fit Trainer/female Villager.

If we were getting alts for everyone (though I highly doubt that'd be the case), I think Brawl's version of Meta Ridley textured over Roidley's model or maybe even something like Nintendoland/Ice Ridley would be the top priority picks.
Who said Femager is an alt? Since the hair and face change with every Villager palette, it could very well be as much an "alt costume" as Pikachu's hats are.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

If Ridley isn't playable I hope he's a background character or a trophie. **** lame *** boss battles. Imma avoid them regardless. I did in brawl as well..
Yes, you are, bosses open up more possibilities for Nintendo references.

D

Deleted member

Different hairstyles.

Then again, I guess Mii's will have infinite "alts" by that measure. I just added it in since everyone else always does.

They all have different hairstyles. (Though the two Fems in this pic have the same style, just different colors)

EDIT: Though this has nothing to do with Ridley, so I shouldn't say any more about this here...

Last edited by a moderator:

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
Now Nintendo has no reason not to include Dr. Mario, Pink Haired-Link, Daisy, Blond Little Mac, ZSS from Super Metroid, Mrs. Pacman, Mr. L, Dark Peach, my original character Sonique (donut steel). Oh and something about Ridley to keep this discussion on topic.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

They all have different hairstyles. (Though the two Fems in this pic have the same style, just different colors)

EDIT: Though this has nothing to do with Ridley, so I shouldn't say any more about this here...
idk. Ridley is about as evil as the villager, so it's at least very similar

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who would like to see Dark Meta Ridley in the possible Metroid Prime 4

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Am I the only one who would like to see Dark Meta Ridley in the possible Metroid Prime 4
I would. that design is really cool, IMO. Probably the scariest official Ridley design I've seen. It's monstrous, and would be a scary new angle on the game.

reminds me of FMA, not brotherhood, when near the end the erase glutteny's mind, and make him pure hunger

that's what I imagine Dark Ridley as. They erase his intelligence, leaving a purely feral beast to fight.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
First of all, I think they shouldn't limit themselves to Prime. What I'd like to see is a sequel to Metroid Fusion done as a Prime-esque FPS, but instead finally taking up the name of Metroid Dread.

Second, Rule of Cool is nice and all, but I don't care if we get Dark Dry Meta Ridley Jr. or not, I just like seeing Ridley appear period. Recent games have gotten better at foreshadowing him, which makes it all the more exciting to fight him later in the games. Considering the game would likely detail the events of the Federation trying to assassinate Samus and Adam for being convicts of treason (even though they were merely stopping a friggin' body-stealing virus), no doubt we'd get another clone of Ridley sent after them, considering we know they keep a DNA sample of him. Possibly just for that exact reason.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
What is this Metroid Dread everyone talks about?
It was a Metroid project hinted at several times by developers, but got cancelled early in development? Then it got hinted at in a Metroid Prime log, or something, but stayed buried.

Basically it sounds like a freaking awesome name for a Metroid game, but no one knew much about it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't care if they go back to 2D metroids and alternate between 2D and 3D a bit, but they really need to take a hint about Metroid games on ships. :p

EDIT: Though they clearly need to use Dark Meta Ridley and upscale RIdley even more.

Ridley with mechanical enhancements piloting a Ridley mecha with an arm cannon. Yep.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Someone seriously needs to make a list of how many Ridleys there are. Except, that list would be too b- *gets promptly shot*
- NES Ridley
- Super Metroid Ridley
- Melee Intro Ridley
- Prime 1 Meta Ridley
- Prime 3 Meta Ridley
- Prime 3 Omega Ridley
- Fusion Grossley-X
- Zero Mission Greenley
- Brawl Dyna Bladeley
- Brawl Meta Ridley
- Other M Roidley
- Other M Mystery Creaturely
- Other M Little Birdley
- Zero Mission Mecha Ridley
- Nintendo Land Mecha Ridley
- Nintendo Land Ice-Mecha Ridley
- Zero Mission scrapped Ridley-2
- Prime 2 scrapped Dark Meta Ridley

it sure is a lot of Ridley to be sure. :awesome: And that's of course not counting for the official art variations of Super Metroid Ridley, Metroid 1 Ridley, and Other M Ridley.

Last edited:

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
- NES Ridley
- Super Metroid Ridley
- Melee Intro Ridley
- Prime 1 Meta Ridley
- Prime 3 Meta Ridley
- Prime 3 Omega Ridley
- Fusion Grossley-X
- Zero Mission Greenley
- Brawl Dyna Bladeley
- Brawl Meta Ridley
- Other M Roidley
- Other M Mystery Creaturely
- Other M Little Birdley
- Zero Mission Mecha Ridley
- Nintendo Land Mecha Ridley
- Nintendo Land Ice-Mecha Ridley
- Zero Mission scrapped Ridley-2
- Prime 2 scrapped Dark Meta Ridley

it sure is a lot of Ridley to be sure. :awesome: And that's of course not counting for the official art variations of Super Metroid Ridley, Metroid 1 Ridley, and Other M Ridley.
And soon to be Sm4sh Ridley! amirite

Top Bottom