• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
You know, it'd be hilarious if a Metroid analogue was made into a Pokemon. I mean, the stages are established, and they've appeared in other games like Kid Icarus.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, using the ability I give to Ridley of being able to turn into his other two forms (Meta/Omega) and return to normal whenever he wants, it would be like a digimon..even if I don't like digimon...and Roidley would be definitely like a pokemon because he stays permanently on the final form or something like that.....just a random idea.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
It's funny because Sakurai wouldn't have to troll Ridley in any way he just has to wait and reveal Ridley later without showing anything in between and let us sit and troll ourselves lol

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
He would be the most OP Pokemon ever, unless fighting against Samus.
Actually, thanks to Samus's Hidden Ability, "Authorization", Samus has to wait an obscenely long, pointless time to gain the ability to use her stronger moves, at which point Ridley has stolen some Metroids, taken them to Mother Brain, stopped by Kraid's lair for a cup of tea, and still has enough time to Insta KO her with his "PTSD" move before she can do any serious damage.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Actually, thanks to Samus's Hidden Ability, "Authorization", Samus has to wait an obscenely long, pointless time to gain the ability to use her stronger moves, at which point Ridley has stolen some Metroids, taken them to Mother Brain, stopped by Kraid's lair for a cup of tea, and still has enough time to Insta KO her with his "PTSD" move before she can do any serious damage.
OuO you just made my,,,day? night? I don't know...BUT, this give me a good laugh!

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's funny because PTSD isn't a serious problem and is basically a punchline.

Not really. Just saying.

That aside, I can't get over it. The more I look at them, the other Metroid forms just look so ridiculous. Especially in the middle.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

I love how these stopped being just the "Ridley frowns to this update" gag and feel more like silly short parodies based on the updates themselves.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Wait...remember this bunny f****r from that update? What if he isn`t an stage hazard and instead is a simple cameo? Like Ridley and DDD in SSB64. No one said he is a stage hazard.

Ridley`s ultimate bloody carnage.
I'm pretty sure it's not a cameo if he's stuffing the players into his sack.

majora_787

Smash Hero
But was it shown that he does it? If he does...then it would be kinda weird seeing Donkey Kong getting stuffed into a small bag...or Ridley...or Bowser...
It was said pretty clearly that that is what he does. How else would Luigi be trapped in his bag?

majora_787

Smash Hero
...ok then...that was a pretty big and not epic failure...so, i guess he will go off-screen and KO trapped player...
That, or he traps people and runs around with them trapped in their bag for a period of time. Or maybe a combination of the two.

Or maybe their purpose is to be eaten by Ridley. That sounds more likely. And the whole trapping people in their bag thing is specifically to allow Ridley to eat more things.

D

Deleted member

So I got kind of bored and decided to develop the whole Ridley Pokemon Thing a little bit:

First Stage (Base Pokemon):
Birdley

Type: Dragon
Ability: Intimidate
Combative Pokemon
Can be found in the wild at level 5.

Pokedex Entry:
"Self-Centered and Ruthless, Birdleys will attack any creature in sight, even their own species, in order to survive and evolve"

At level 30, Birdley evolves into Creatureley:

Type: Dark/Dragon (or maybe Poison/Dragon)
Possible Abilities: Rough Skin; Tough Claws
Opportunist Pokemon
Pokedex Entry:
"Birdley's evolved form, they lurk in the shadows of caves and forests, waiting quietly for the right moment to swiftly strike and eat their prey."

At level 48, Creatureley evolves into Ridley:

Type: Dark/Dragon
Possible Abilities: Tough Claws; Regenerator; Intimidate
Sinister Pokemon

Pokedex Entry:
"A Creatureley that has managed to fully evolve, Ridley stalks the night sky, fearlessly diving down onto his prey and any opponent in sight for food, stories of Ridley's brutality are often told to unruly children as a means to scare them away from doing bad things in fear that Ridley will come and take them away while they are sleeping."

I would personally prefer normal Ridley be the final evolved form for the sake of continuity with the later forms, but I guess it would make more sense for the normal evolution changes to be similar in design and for the item and mega evolutions to have more drastic changes.

When traded while holding a metal coat Ridley evolves into Meta Ridley:

Type: Steel/Dragon
Possible Abilities: Levitate, Defiant, Speed Boost (Hidden)
Wyvern Cyborg Pokemon

Pokedex Entry:
"It's body is infused with all kinds of high-tech weaponry, it is a hunting and fighting machine feared by all."

And finally, Meta Ridley can Mega Evolve into Omega Ridley:

Tentative Abilities (Couldn't decide completely, but Megas only have the one): Speed Boost, Mold Breaker, No Guard, Levitate.
Phazon Wyvern Pokemon

No individual Pokedex Entry

Just some random ideas, let me know what you think.

D

Deleted member

It would be hilarious if nabbit trapped players into the bag the same way Mario gets trapped in a bag at the beginning of Mario is Missing.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It would be hilarious if nabbit trapped players into the bag the same way Mario gets trapped in a bag at the beginning of Mario is Missing.
Or if DK under effect of lightning (giant) will get trapped in a bag like King Kong was in Mario is Missing. How did they trapped King Kong in a small bag. HOW DID THEY TRAPPED THEIR ABSOLUTELY GIANT VERSION OF KING KONG IN A SMALL BAG?!...my brains hurt...

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I love how these stopped being just the "Ridley frowns to this update" gag and feel more like silly short parodies based on the updates themselves.
Chandelure would probably **** his pants if he saw that beautiful image. :awesome:

majora_787

Smash Hero
So I got kind of bored and decided to develop the whole Ridley Pokemon Thing a little bit:

First Stage (Base Pokemon):
Birdley

Type: Dragon
Ability: Intimidate
Combative Pokemon
Can be found in the wild at level 5.

Pokedex Entry:
"Self-Centered and Ruthless, Birdleys will attack any creature in sight, even their own species, in order to survive and evolve"

At level 30, Birdley evolves into Creatureley:

Type: Dark/Dragon (or maybe Poison/Dragon)
Possible Abilities: Rough Skin; Tough Claws
Opportunist Pokemon
Pokedex Entry:
"Birdley's evolved form, they lurk in the shadows of caves and forests, waiting quietly for the right moment to swiftly strike and eat their prey."

At level 48, Creatureley evolves into Ridley:

Type: Dark/Dragon
Possible Abilities: Tough Claws; Regenerator; Intimidate
Sinister Pokemon

Pokedex Entry:
"A Creatureley that has managed to fully evolve, Ridley stalks the night sky, fearlessly diving down onto his prey and any opponent in sight for food, stories of Ridley's brutality are often told to unruly children as a means to scare them away from doing bad things in fear that Ridley will come and take them away while they are sleeping."

I would personally prefer normal Ridley be the final evolved form for the sake of continuity with the later forms, but I guess it would make more sense for the normal evolution changes to be similar in design and for the item and mega evolutions to have more drastic changes.

When traded while holding a metal coat Ridley evolves into Meta Ridley:

Possible Abilities: Levitate, Defiant, Speed Boost (Hidden)
Wyvern Cyborg Pokemon

Pokedex Entry:
"It's body is infused with all kinds of high-tech weaponry, it is a hunting and fighting machine feared by all."

And finally, Meta Ridley can Mega Evolve into Omega Ridley:

Tentative Abilities (Couldn't decide completely, but Megas only have the one): Speed Boost, Mold Breaker, No Guard, Levitate.
Phazon Wyvern Pokemon

No individual Pokedex Entry

Just some random ideas, let me know what you think.
Ridley can evolve three times without mega-evolving. Because screw it. :awesome:

Seems about right. I would throw out maybe having Ridley-2 as an alternate evolution direction but that might be too weird.

EDIT: And Dark Meta Ridley and Omega Ridley can be his Mega X and Mega Y forms.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Just wanted to mention that the newest leak on the block mentions a 51 character roster and Ridley. The entire leak is contained in the spoiler below:

-The final, on-disc roster is going to contain 51 playable characters.

-Downloadble-Content is confirmed. At least 3 characters will be available. 5 Stages will be available.

-Alternate costumes will be available on the disc. To gain access to these costumes you must perform tasks, very similar to how you unlock characters or stages. Most characters have only one Alternate costume some characters will have two.
Mario: Doctor Mario, Shadow Mario
Pit: Dark Pit
Pikmin & Olimar: Louie

-King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Ridley are to be on-disc as the final characters to be announced.

-Isaac confirmed as Downloadable-Content, he is a very quick character (slightly slower than Greninja). Isaac uses magic and his Long Sword to fight.

-Ivysaur and Squirtle confirmed as Downloadable-Content. From what I can see they are identical to their Super Smash Bros. Brawl Build.

King K. Rool will be the final character to be announced 2 weeks prior to the release of Super Smash Bros. 3DS JPN. He's one of the slowest in the game but has a variety of mid-range slow projectiles; he throws his crown, shoots cannonballs, etc., recovery is jetpack from DKC3, not much height.

-Mewtwo's trailer is done in the style of the Pokemon anime, he'll be shown after Jigglypuff, all the Pokemon on the disc are in his trailer. He's got all his Melee stuff but he's heavier and quicker, teleport is a lot more functional. Mega Mewtwo Y is his final smash, gives his moves a strong purple aura and he hits way harder. Mewtwo's trailer is scheduled to be released in between the release of the 3DS Japanese version and the Japanese Wii U version.

-Bowser Jr. is an Assist Trophy who throws down a handful of bob-omb items (you can pick up and throw like normal), then drills down in his Koopa clown car.

-The Pyrosphere boss is Other M Ridley, the playable one is a scaled down Super Metroid Ridley. A lot like Charizard but faster, lots of aerial mobility.

-Chrom seems in-between Ike and Marth, he has lots of quick spinning attacks and is very acrobatic, his final smash is class change into Great Lord with the exhalted falchion

-Sauria from Star Fox Adventures is a stage, there are ruins in the background and dinosaurs run by. As far as I know the only Star Fox stage, don't know if Smash Taunts are on here or not. This stage is exclusive to the Wii U.

-The Donkey Kong Country Returns stage is based on the sunset level from that game, the characters themselves don't turn into shadows. This stage is available on the 3DS and Wii U.

-The Kalos stage transitions between every Elite 4 chamber until it arrives in the champion's room, Tyrantrum comes out of a Pokeball and is a boss once it gets to that part, once you beat him the cycle starts over. This stage is exclusive to the Wii U

-A Luigi Mansion: Dark Moon stage is available and is called Dark Moon. This stage transitions between the main 5 Mansions (Gloomy Manor, Haunted Towers, Old Clockworks, Secret Mine, Treacherous Mansion). This stage is Exclusive to the 3DS.

Some interesting information. Figured I'd come here before checking to see if the leaks thread had anything on it.

EDIT: It's worth noting that the leaker in question isn't credible and, apparently, has been known to leak fake stuff before, so make sure you delve into your backup supplies of salt grains.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As much as I'd like all of that to be true, why does every good/cool looking stage have to get bogged down by boss hazards? Not that I don't think the concept of Tyrantrum isn't cool, but it does seem...random, considering it's not even the main Pokemon of said trainer/area.

I also very highly doubt K. Rool would get announced before release. Especially in front of Mewtwo.

The rest of it sounds like too much Smash 4/Brawl specific fanservice, or in other words is too good to be true.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
The rest of it sounds like too much Smash 4/Brawl specific fanservice, or in other words is too good to be true.
No kidding. Things too good to be true usually are.

Still, we're rapidly approaching the threshold where we can start looking for legitimate leaks. Brawl's roster was leaked about a month or so before Brawl even launched in Japan.

So it's worth considering the leaks at this point, in my opinion, but not worth taking too much stock in it.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Just wanted to mention that the newest leak on the block mentions a 51 character roster and Ridley. The entire leak is contained in the spoiler below:

-Downloadble-Content is confirmed. At least 3 characters will be available. 5 Stages will be available.

-Alternate costumes will be available on the disc. To gain access to these costumes you must perform tasks, very similar to how you unlock characters or stages. Most characters have only one Alternate costume some characters will have two.

-King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Ridley are to be on-disc as the final characters to be announced.

-Isaac confirmed as Downloadable-Content, he is a very quick character (slightly slower than Greninja). Isaac uses magic and his Long Sword to fight.

-Ivysaur and Squirtle confirmed as Downloadable-Content. From what I can see they are identical to their Super Smash Bros. Brawl Build.

King K. Rool will be the final character to be announced 2 weeks prior to the release of Super Smash Bros. 3DS JPN. He's one of the slowest in the game but has a variety of mid-range slow projectiles; he throws his crown, shoots cannonballs, etc., recovery is jetpack from DKC3, not much height.

-Mewtwo's trailer is done in the style of the Pokemon anime, he'll be shown after Jigglypuff, all the Pokemon on the disc are in his trailer. He's got all his Melee stuff but he's heavier and quicker, teleport is a lot more functional. Mega Mewtwo Y is his final smash, gives his moves a strong purple aura and he hits way harder. Mewtwo's trailer is scheduled to be released in between the release of the 3DS Japanese version and the Japanese Wii U version.

-Bowser Jr. is an Assist Trophy who throws down a handful of bob-omb items (you can pick up and throw like normal), then drills down in his Koopa clown car.

-The Pyrosphere boss is Other M Ridley, the playable one is a scaled down Super Metroid Ridley. A lot like Charizard but faster, lots of aerial mobility.

-Chrom seems in-between Ike and Marth, he has lots of quick spinning attacks and is very acrobatic, his final smash is class change into Great Lord with the exhalted falchion

-Sauria from Star Fox Adventures is a stage, there are ruins in the background and dinosaurs run by. As far as I know the only Star Fox stage, don't know if Smash Taunts are on here or not. This stage is exclusive to the Wii U.

-The Donkey Kong Country Returns stage is based on the sunset level from that game, the characters themselves don't turn into shadows. This stage is available on the 3DS and Wii U.

-The Kalos stage transitions between every Elite 4 chamber until it arrives in the champion's room, Tyrantrum comes out of a Pokeball and is a boss once it gets to that part, once you beat him the cycle starts over. This stage is exclusive to the Wii U

-A Luigi Mansion: Dark Moon stage is available and is called Dark Moon. This stage transitions between the main 5 Mansions (Gloomy Manor, Haunted Towers, Old Clockworks, Secret Mine, Treacherous Mansion). This stage is Exclusive to the 3DS.

Some interesting information. Figured I'd come here before checking to see if the leaks thread had anything on it.

EDIT: It's worth noting that the leaker in question isn't credible and, apparently, has been known to leak fake stuff before, so make sure you delve into your backup supplies of salt grains.
...Yeah, I'm taking that one with a lot of salt. As much as I would like to have playable Ridley keep his classic look, I seriously doubt that it will happen. If Samus's default look is her Other M appearance, then it's almost certain that her archnemesis will follow suit.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Can't wait to see all of the Kraid is too small comments if he does get revealed in Smash Run

I still don't get how Ridley would work as a stage hazard boss though, based off the shadow he's clearly not in the background like the stage from Dead or Alive, well at least for the brief period we see his shadow.

And we know if you deal the finishing blow to the yellow devil, the blast attacks all nearby opponents. The Dark Emperor once defeated could release a Mii from the cage to assist you, which I think was discussed on GameXplain. But I don't know how Ridley would work apart from just being a straight forward hazard, not saying all bosses have to have a intensive to kill other than just to get out the way. Only thing I can think of is the space pirates would dub you their new leader and assist you (not like the game follows canon to heart), and we haven't exactly seen them in Smash Run so could have been saved for this.

Based off the amount of info and how detailed it is, it seems too good to be true, I didn't believe the gematsu leak had any credibility till we were told Pokemon from X and Y was a placeholder.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

At this point I'm fully believing Ridley and K. Rool are playable anyway. That said, I saw the leak, and I fully believe its fake. Now, I could see a Returns Sunset stage, Luigi's Mansion stage, Bowser Jr. AT and Mewtwo, but I don't believe Ridley will get a classic design for playable Ridley and I don't think Ridley would be BOTH a stage hazard and a playable character, I think its one or the other, and I think he's playable.

Here's the funny thing. People keep saying crap like "hey, if it had your favorite characters in it you'd believe the leak," but I kinda like this leak and I don't believe it. I don't believe leaks until proven.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I had a really weird dream last night, it was to do with Super Smash Bros. for WiiU. I was playing two player match with some one, and I consciously said about it being the Pyrosphere. However, the place looked nothing like it, just some warped out stage. Anyway, whilst I was fighting on the stage, I was worrying to myself about Ridley showing up. Then suddenly, "Ridley" shows up, but I said to the person who was also playing "that's not Ridley, that looks nothing like him!", this "Ridley" looked like a purple 3 headed Hydra thing, it was weird O_o

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
At this point I'm fully believing Ridley and K. Rool are playable anyway. That said, I saw the leak, and I fully believe its fake. Now, I could see a Returns Sunset stage, Luigi's Mansion stage, Bowser Jr. AT and Mewtwo, but I don't believe Ridley will get a classic design for playable Ridley and I don't think Ridley would be BOTH a stage hazard and a playable character, I think its one or the other, and I think he's playable.

Here's the funny thing. People keep saying crap like "hey, if it had your favorite characters in it you'd
you'd what?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I had a really weird dream last night, it was to do with Super Smash Bros. for WiiU. I was playing two player match with some one, and I consciously said about it being the Pyrosphere. However, the place looked nothing like it, just some warped out stage. Anyway, whilst I was fighting on the stage, I was worrying to myself about Ridley showing up. Then suddenly, "Ridley" shows up, but I said to the person who was also playing "that's not Ridley, that looks nothing like him!", this "Ridley" looked like a purple 3 headed Hydra thing, it was weird O_o
Hewdraw confirmed as the boss on pyrosphere!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Here it is, @ AndreaAC AndreaAC :
It looks better as an avatar than image.

I take with so much salt that not even Superman could hold it. I don`t believe in any kind of leaks unless it will be 100% confirmed to be true by Sakurai and Sm4sh`s developers somehow. But at least he included Ridley...

Hewdley confirmed as the boss on dream pyrosphere!
Fixd.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'd love that new leak to be true. A whole lot. However, it sounds a little too good to be true, in my book. At least it fits in with Gematsu, haha, making it at least slightly credible. And at least this leaker is pro Ridley. I'd feel a lot better about Gematsu if it had Ridley in it xD.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I know this isn't the leak thread, but I'm assuming Ridley is at least on it. Can someone repost it?

On topic: I don't get why Sakurai would bother with a Mii in a suit when you could make Ridley in a suit instead. Such wasted opportunity DX

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
On topic: I don't get why Sakurai would bother with a Mii in a suit when you could make Ridley in a suit instead. Such wasted opportunity DX
Ridley is too big to wear a suit. Did you forgot about that? That is why he couldn`t accept Slenderman`s gift, making him really sad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom