• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
:079: But seriously, I don't think Kraid in Smash Run affects Ridley's Pyrosphere problems. At leak the dude specified Kraid and didn't say something vague like, "A big Metroid boss."
On the other hand, I would expect Ridley to be in both versions in some form, and if he wasn't playable because sakurai only saw him as a boss wouldn't Smash run be the first place you'd think he would put him for a boss on 3ds?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
:079: But seriously, I don't think Kraid in Smash Run affects Ridley's Pyrosphere problems. At leak the dude specified Kraid and didn't say something vague like, "A big Metroid boss."
If he said that the detractors would probably lose a few more IQ.
"SEEE? HE'S CONFIRMED TO BE A BOSS BECAUSE A BIG METROID BOSS WAS MENTIONED! YOU MUST BE DELUSIONAL OR SOMETHING"

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Well you really expect me to go through that many pages when SmashBoards takes a small while to load each page.

And since when did @AndreGX have a SmashBoards account? I've always wanted to share my own theories with you guys.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well you really expect me to go through that many pages when SmashBoards takes a small while to load each page.

And since when did @AndreGX have a SmashBoards account? I've always wanted to share my own theories with you guys.
How dare you not keep up with thirty new pages each minute

And you don't even refer to @AndreGX as Andre the Giant

you should leave

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
On the other hand, I would expect Ridley to be in both versions in some form, and if he wasn't playable because sakurai only saw him as a boss wouldn't Smash run be the first place you'd think he would put him for a boss on 3ds? How do I make ito so my post is not a reply to a previous comment after I hit the reply button. This isn't supposed to be a reply to this post, but for some reason I can't make it go back after I accidently hit the reply button.why did it repost my earlier post here? I didn't mean to do that.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh by the way if hes right

I do know how kraid would work.

I think a challenge door challnenge will be boss battles and kraid is one of them. (Oh mini bosses are just special events.)

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Oh by the way if hes right

I do know how kraid would work.

I think a challenge door challnenge will be boss battles and kraid is one of them. (Oh mini bosses are just special events.)
NOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

Much better then fighting a small Kraid (bad enough Ridley might be a small boss)

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I think "insulted" is a bit strong--what Ash said was is "they'll latch onto anything" and made no comment beyond that, and certainly didn't call anyone a name as you just have. Although I can understand why it might rub some people the wrong way. I actually was debating cutting that entire section from the discussion since I wasn't completely happy with how it came across (and in hindsight, I should have)--oh the joys of recording and editing podcasts at 2am.

At any rate, I wanted to apologize for the comment. I assure you it wasn't our intent to offend--particularly since "looking too deep into things" is kind of our mantra at GameXplain. But Ash is a relative newcomer (heh) to our discussions, so I'm not sure that he realized how his comment could probably be on any number of things we've discussed before :laugh:

And as I said, I really do think anything could happen. Even if that comment wasn't a hint of anything, that doesn't mean Ridley can't still be a playable character.
Thank Andre! I am sorry I posted the video here that all this. I didn't get worked up about the comment ash made until I read all the hate filled remarks about Ridley fans in the comments section. Then I kinda over-reacted.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
ok time to mention another thing on my mind

I believe how to unlock ridley if playable involves beating the boss version of him in both versions of smash bros 4 (if he really is a boss and if playable as well.)

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I believe that to unlock Ridley you must play as Samus on the Pyrosphere X number of times, as I believe that there is no boss Ridley.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Inb4 Ridley is Marth Clone.
No, he is Olimar Clone because:
  1. He is resized
  2. He is alive
  3. He appeared in Nintendo game
  4. He is an Nintendo character
  5. He has "i" in his name
You are so delusional for thinking that he is Marth Clone.

And resizing someone IS as simple as pressing a button. I can prove that. It will take only 20 seconds to do.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
ok time to mention another thing on my mind

I believe how to unlock ridley if playable involves beating the boss version of him in both versions of smash bros 4 (if he really is a boss and if playable as well.)
Well, Sakurai got based from City Trial from Kirby Air Ride, and to unlock Dedede you fight him as a boss (enormous by the way) and he later becomes playable in a much smaller size. So yeah, it is possible.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
EDIT: Now I'm wondering if Gamexplain or JapanTime is worse about being stupid. :\
Gamexplain. Japan Time redeemed themselves, did a full 180 on the Ridley subject.

Neither. Saw Andre's comment. I feel bad now...

As to the whole Smash Run thing: Why design a Metroid boss character for Smash Run if you already have a perfectly functional boss on the Wii U version that you could use on the 3DS, it would save time, and that boss is much more iconic.

Unless, ya know, that boss isn't actually a boss ;)

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Gamexplain. Japan Time redeemed themselves, did a full 180 on the Ridley subject.

As to the whole Smash Run thing: Why design a Metroid boss character for Smash Run if you already have a perfectly functional boss on the Wii U version that you could use on the 3DS, it would save time, and that boss is much more iconic.

Unless, ya know, that boss isn't actually a boss ;)
Andre from gamexplain actually came here today and personaly apolagized for the comment. I'd give gamexplain a break.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I've never heard of JapanTime but I like Gamexplain. The only time I think they have ever been really dumb and stupid was the characters they think will be cut and immediately said R.O.B. will definitely be cut and he has no chance of returning when it really is the opposite.

They made up for it in the Ike discussion but it was really stupid to think R.O.B. is a certain cut.

And regarding the last issue, what Ash said was unnecessary but Andre was right when he said Sakurai was just talking about Rosalina, the pic itself was probably a call back to when he said Rosalinas got height.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I've never heard of JapanTime but I like Gamexplain. The only time I think they have ever been really dumb and stupid was the characters they think will be cut and immediately said R.O.B. will definitely be cut and he has no chance of returning when it really is the opposite.

They made up for it in the Ike discussion but it was really stupid to think R.O.B. is a certain cut.

And regarding the last issue, what Ash said was unnecessary but Andre was right when he said Sakurai was just talking about Rosalina, the pic itself was probably a call back to when he said Rosalinas got height.
It sounds like you may have confused Gamexplain with GamesRadar unless they got into some shenanigans I don't know or care about.

I'm fine with Gamexplain and find their analyses somewhat informative and helpful. I just wish they wouldn't find Pac-Man in the clouds and then turn around and stir things up so people have a reason to hunt down and haze Ridley fans.

Not going to stop watching them because of it, since they're still way better than Japan Time or GamesRadar.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
It sounds like you may have confused Gamexplain with GamesRadar unless they got into some shenanigans I don't know or care about.

I'm fine with Gamexplain and find their analyses somewhat informative and helpful. I just wish they wouldn't find Pac-Man in the clouds and then turn around and stir things up so people have a reason to hunt down and haze Ridley fans.

Not going to stop watching them because of it, since they're still way better than Japan Time or GamesRadar.
I have a Google Chrome extension that changes the word to cloud to butt. It makes GameXplain even more entertaining.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Ridley, Ridley Ridley`Ridley Ridley Ridley, Ridley, Ridley Ridley Ridley Ridley Ridley Ridley Ridley.
Ridley. Ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley?
(Good. Though has this thread seriously gone to just saying Ridley as substitutes for sentences?)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ridley. Ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley ridley?
(Good. Though has this thread seriously gone to just saying Ridley as substitutes for sentences?)
-u- Oh geez, so now I will not only have to deal with English, but with the Ridley language as well?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley...Ridley RIDLEY Ridley Ridley Ridley Ridley Ridley Ridley Ridley Ridley Ridley...Ridley-Ridley-Ridley...
-u- Oh geez, so now I will not only have to deal with English, but with the Ridley language as well?
Ridley`Ridley Ridley Ridley!

...ok, this is getting old. We need a new joke. Ridley joke.

Last edited:
Top Bottom