• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That leak is way too good to be true, listing the 3 newcomers people want the most from this game, not to mention Super Metroid Ridley being the playable one.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That leak is way too good to be true, listing the 3 newcomers people want the most from this game, not to mention Super Metroid Ridley being the playable one.
Mewtwo isn't a newcomer. Unless you mean Isaac... But typically when people say the "big three" or "3 that everyone wants" its Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, was that information about Kraid confirmed and Ridley never was as big as Kraid or even close to his size (if we won`t count original metroid of course).
Idiot said:
Once you get past twice as tall as the main character (and that's ignoring wingspan and tail length), you're getting a bit too big, and he really can't go any smaller.
Bwahahahaha...then Ganondorf is TOO BIG! And K.Rool. And Bowser. And Charizard. And Mewtwo. And DDD. And...few other characters.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
But that's what all the Toobigots want us to do, I don't like listening to them. :ohwell:
Kraid was ridicolous in this one...and since its not NES Kraid in Sm4sh if he is there, he will be a lot bigger than Ridley anyway.
Ridley will never be playable. It's not a choice Sakurai makes often, to put sociopathic inhuman monsters in the game. He likes fun character choices like Wii Fit Trainer and Chorus Men.
Well...this is getting kinda weird...Ganondorf, Bowser (mahbe), Mewtwo, etc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I had a weird dream last night, where Meta-Ridley was revealed to be playable by destroying Roidley on Pyrosphere...

Remember that most of my dreams are premonitory. Most.

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
I had a weird dream last night, where Meta-Ridley was revealed to be playable by destroying Roidley on Pyrosphere...

Remember that most of my dreams are premonitory. Most.
A couple of weeks ago I had a dream I went onto the smash site and saw Meta Knight, Ho-oh, and Ridley, all confirmed. No idea why.
whywasHo-ohthere?idunno

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What did you guys really expect? Gamefaqs is almost as cancerous as Miiverse and there's always a disturbing lack of intelligence on that site. :troll:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Since when have Ridley and Kraid always been dual bosses? They were dual bosses in like three games. xD Ridley then proceeded to be in like five games by himself.

EDIT: Also yeah. Even if a leak has a character I like, if the leak is extremely badly presented to the point where it's unbelievable i.e. Gematsu then I won't believe it. Obviously. And it goes on the fake leak shelf where I occasionally glance to it with raised eyebrows when people act like it's definitely 500% legit. EVEN if Ridley is there.

Because, and people might not get this, or at least they seem to ACT like they don't: We here believe Ridley can be playable on his own merits without a leak. :troll: Apparently a lot of other people REALLY feel they need leaks as an excuse for their favorite characters to be playable?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
PT_Piranha from GamesFAQ said:
Ridley, Ridley, Ridley- that's the name you should know!
Ridley, Ridley, Ridley- he's the star of the show!
He's more than you think, he's certainly big!
Ridley, Ridley, Ridley's the one!

He comes-a right back at ya!
He comes-a right back at ya!
Give it all that you've got, take your very best shot-
He'll sent it right back at ya for sure, yeah!

Sakurai: "How can I help you, Fils-Aime?"
Reggie: "I need a monsta to clobba dat dere Ridley!"
Sakurai: "That's what we do best in S-S-B!"
Iwata: "Ya better fight him with a fighter that looks like Mii!"

*jazz solo*
Ohhhh
Ridley, Ridley, Ridley- wreckin' the day!
Ridley, Ridley, Ridley- he's here to stay!
Don't be fooled by his size, you won't believe your eyes!
Ridley! (Ridley)
Riiidleeeeey! (Ridley)
Ridley! (Ridley)
Ridley, Ridley, Ridley's too biiiiiiig!

Right back at ya!
Should i be angry or..?
Since when have Ridley and Kraid always been dual bosses? They were dual bosses in like three games. xD Ridley then proceeded to be in like five games by himself.
0MG Th3y w3r3 4lw4y5 t0g3th3r 1n l1k3 3v3r3 g4m3. U r 4lw4y5 50 d3lu510n4l, R1dl3y f4n5 0MG
That is the magic of GamesFAQ and Miiverse...just how can this be real?!

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, Kraid has concept art for prime 1, and Ridley has concept art for prime 2, so they're kinda buddy buddy in that sense

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, Kraid has concept art for prime 1, and Ridley has concept art for prime 2, so they're kinda buddy buddy in that sense

Kraid wasn't in Prime 2, though if Meta Kraid were in Prime 1 they would have been buddies again. I'm just saying, to say "they're always bosses together" is just kind of not correct.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I'm fairly confident now that Samus's super metroid suit design will be an alternate costume. Same with a Meta-Roidley if Sakurai decides to pull it off. I wanna see Samus in the Phazon suit tbh...
This recruit is being toobigoted, Space Pirates. . . AWAY!
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYn5PPy6-Q
Miiverse is enemy territory, soldier. Everytime the word "Ridley" is mentioned there, nuclear strikes fall from every direction. Fortunately, in this smashboards bunker, we're safe from the Toobigots.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I don't know about you, but this post made me really, really happy.
...how? H0w c4n 5uch 4 51mpl3 m3554ge m4k3 50m30n3 h4ppy?
Miiverse is enemy territory, soldier. Everytime the word "Ridley" is mentioned there, nuclear strikes fall from every direction. Fortunately, in this smashboards bunker, we're safe from the Toobigots.
Um...actually, few times, nuclear missile succesfuly hit this thread. But no signs of any kind of mutations from that radiation left after impact...hm...i guess a 3rd eye doesn`t counts...right?

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
"They're all AT LEAST twice as tall as Samus, with SM's looking the smallest because his wings are scrunched up. Once you get past twice as tall as the main character (and that's ignoring wingspan and tail length), you're getting a bit too big, and he really can't go any smaller."

Bowser, Ganondorf, Donkey Kong, and Dedede are deconfirmed SO HARD...

"He wasn't resized if there's a model that can fit him being playable"

Models grow on trees, guys. They don't make models for characters to be playable. They just magically spawn from the ether.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej5jfinT2gg There, we now have this to go along with the pictures.

On a side note, I have an Idea for a side B move: Ridley lunges at the opponent and if you press B when using this move, Ridley swipes a claw, the sweet spot being at dead center range and will actually grab the opponent, even if they are mid air! They can escape by struggling, and if Ridley throws them in the air, he becomes helpless

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
"They're all AT LEAST twice as tall as Samus, with SM's looking the smallest because his wings are scrunched up. Once you get past twice as tall as the main character (and that's ignoring wingspan and tail length), you're getting a bit too big, and he really can't go any smaller."

Bowser, Ganondorf, Donkey Kong, and Dedede are deconfirmed SO HARD...
Um...twice as tall as the main character...so, Bowser, Ganondorf, DDD, K.Rool, Rosalina, Mewtwo, Charizard, etc.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I still can't believe how legitimately braindead people are when it comes to arguing that Ridley is impossible to make playable. I mean seriously, if we took a montage of every time Bowser was ever a BOSS, he's consistently gigantic. The only time Bowser ever changes size to NOT be gigantic is when he's playable, because *GO FIGURE THIS IS HOW GAME DESIGN WORKS*, characters are designed for their roles.

I swear it's like basic concepts in game design are completely lost on hundreds of people somehow. o_o

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I still can't believe how legitimately braindead people are when it comes to arguing that Ridley is impossible to make playable. I mean seriously, if we took a montage of every time Bowser was ever a BOSS, he's consistently gigantic. The only time Bowser ever changes size to NOT be gigantic is when he's playable, because *GO FIGURE THIS IS HOW GAME DESIGN WORKS*, characters are designed for their roles.

I swear it's like basic concepts in game design are completely lost on hundreds of people somehow. o_o
NUUU ETS IMPOSSIBRU! NU1 LIEKZ RIDLY CUZ HE IZ BIG AN UGLY!!!!!!!11!!!!1!! WII NEAD GOKU 4 SMESH BRUZ FO!!!!!!!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Kraid wasn't in Prime 2, though if Meta Kraid were in Prime 1 they would have been buddies again. I'm just saying, to say "they're always bosses together" is just kind of not correct.
But it's so much fun to imagine them as a pinky and the brain duo. Trying to take over the world. or universe. or something.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
It was on the last page, but I'm certain it's fake because It stated SM Ridley being playable and Roidley being a hazard, but our shadow analysis confirms Roidley is playable, the tailbone never lies!
Woah, bro. Saying that the shadow work confirms Roidley as playable is a bit much. It makes him seem somewhat likely to be playable, but don't take too much stock in shadows.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mewtwo isn't a newcomer. Unless you mean Isaac... But typically when people say the "big three" or "3 that everyone wants" its Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo.
Yeah, I'm usually the one to correct people on Mewtwo, but it was just easier to spell it out that way.

Top Bottom