• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
that gif just works so well on any possible forum
I'm depressed, because I was barely weirded out by the gif itself. I was more concerned that someone looked for it or had ready access to it.

Guys, I might be weird. :c

EDIT: SAKURAIIIIIII

I swear I am so excited that this could VERY WELL be Ridley's game.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

HARK! WHAT IS THIS?! A stage hazard on the Mushroom Kingdom U stage? But how is this possible, we played so much on that stage during E3 and not once saw him. How could this be? Could it be that...they put an incomplete stage in the demo? And yet omitted Pyrosphere?

You mean to tell me that's not an Assist Trophy?!

...I would have used a stunned reaction video, but you beat me to it. :/

majora_787

Smash Hero
Did Sakurai SAY it was an assist trophy? Because he usually does that with those.
"Pic of the day. Here's Nabbit, who appears in the Mushroom Kingdom U stage. You can't see him, but Luigi is inside Nabbit's bag."

Stage hazard.

Which leaves Pyrosphere. A stage which EVEN IF IT WERE UNFINISHED somehow, could have been on the demo easily. But is instead the second oldest and most shown stage by far not shown on the E3 demo. Convenient.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So are we going to see doom and gloom after this picture, or joyful bliss?

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Both. The former from the detractors, and the latter in Ridley's eyes as he swoops into Mushroom Kingdom U himself to see how far he can send a Nabbit flying with a baseball bat.
While wearing a Bunny Hood. And suffering from Super Spicy Curry. While a Smoke Ball is attached to him.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Imagine the day when Sakurai confirms the return of Special Mode, and in it he shows off Giant Smash...on the Pyrosphere.

Your reactions?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Going back to the whole Kraid thing, I like Kraid better then Ridley. :p

With that said, Ridley totally deserves to be playable more. More iconic.

Kraid for Smash 5!

The whole Nabbit thing would worry me if I wasn't convince there will be both a boss Ridley and a playable Ridley.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My 5 cents:
I don't think Ridley is likely, because I believe that Sakurai's tease was a confirmation of him being a boss. Just not shown off because he's a WIP case.

I do support the chance of him being in though.
Ridley will be a playable boss via Game Pad. Gotta love asymmetrical gameplay. :troll:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Guys, Sakurai said back in august that an enemy from Samus' past might appear on the Pyrosphere. That's basically an explicit deconfirmation. It's over. We were all horribly foolish to not realize that an absurdly broad statement that applies to playable characters, stage hazards, and items equally and at most confirmed that Ridley is in the Wii U version of the game is an explicit statement declaring Ridley to be a boss.

/I hate Miiverse so much and want to club some of these people.

I say this full knowing that odds are they were under the age of 16. Their parents should have clubbed them for being dumb a long time ago probably.

Last edited:

quad_draxis

Smash Rookie
Guys, Sakurai said back in august that an enemy from Samus' past might appear on the Pyrosphere. That's basically an explicit deconfirmation. It's over. We were all horribly foolish to not realize that an absurdly broad statement that applies to playable characters, stage hazards, and items equally and at most confirmed that Ridley is in the Wii U version of the game is an explicit statement declaring Ridley to be a boss.

/I hate Miiverse so much and want to club some of these people.

I say this full knowing that odds are they were under the age of 16. Their parents should have clubbed them for being dumb a long time ago probably.
Wait, back last August? The next direct is THIS August... and Metroid's anniversary is this August... and the next Direct is likely this August...

There you have it folks. Welcome aboard, you roiding dragon, you.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Man, this game's stages are filled with character and environmental hazards :/

I'll have to play in the ****ty FD variations all the time. Im longing for the days where things like Big Blue or Icicle Mountain seemed way too gimmicky.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Wait, back last August? The next direct is THIS August... and Metroid's anniversary is this August... and the next Direct is likely this August...

There you have it folks. Welcome aboard, you roiding dragon, you.
oh my god

You might be onto something there.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Waitwaitwaitwait! Does that means that Mushroom Kingdom U was unfinished?! Does that means...that Pyrosphere could be unfinished during dat direct? Does that...means...that...Ridley...could...be...unfinished...during...that...direct...FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---
Wait...maybe they decided to add Nabbit AFTER that event? Is that possible?

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
You know, as a veteran of the old Geno vs Ridley Wars, I always supported both sides. (Even if I would have sided with Geno if I HAD to choose). But Ridley is probably my most wanted character this time around.

Also, how big IS this lounge anyways? Does it Echo?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I...honestly don't know how to react to the whole Nabbit thing. Is it good? Or bad? Well I'm sure the next thousand posts after this one will argue it out.

UnstableBeing

Smash Cadet
AAAAAAAAAAH WHAT TO THINK OF THIS ?
It could mean that Ridley was unfinished during the direct but why wouldn't he be at least showable if he really is a stage hazard after Pyrosphere was revealed so long ago ? :crazy:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
After putting some thought into the matter, I think Nabbit is a positive sign. Yes, he was absent from the E3 demo and showed up later, BUT we didn't have a single hint about him beforehand and like always Sakurai showed him as not playable (quote: "Here's Nabbit, who appears in the Mushroom Kingdom U stage.") immediately with no teasing at all.

Ridley did appear in a very cryptic fashion but wasn't mentioned at all, not even by name (among numerous other oddities that we've pointed out in past posts) and the absence of Pyrosphere at E3 is highly suspicious in of itself.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Nabbit is a double edged blade.

It shows that Pyrosphere could have been put on the demo and there wouldn't have been a problem because if Ridley was unfinished they could have just emitted him, which gives them no reason to have emitted Pyrosphere other than to hide our beautiful dragon.

However, it also shows that they can and will show stages that are incomplete, as there was one in the demo; this means they may have shown incomplete Ridley, and the Pyrosphere PotDs may have been on incomplete!Pyrosphere.

Let's put it this way: If Pyrosphere had been in the demo, and had been Ridley-less, we would be terrified right now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How does this look?

Keep in mind, this is the same-scaled Ridley as the direct Other M model, only with BaganSmashBros's longer legs.

Also, could I have some stages with idle Samus on them? I want to see how this more upright Ridley looks on other stages. Will post this sized Ridley on other stages soonish.

Think of it this way: Your efforts will help us get to 1000.
That's a pretty good height level for Other M Ridley.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Nabbit is a double edged blade.

It shows that Pyrosphere could have been put on the demo and there wouldn't have been a problem because if Ridley was unfinished they could have just emitted him, which gives them no reason to have emitted Pyrosphere other than to hide our beautiful dragon.

However, it also shows that they can and will show stages that are incomplete, as there was one in the demo; this means they may have shown incomplete Ridley, and the Pyrosphere PotDs may have been on incomplete!Pyrosphere.

Let's put it this way: If Pyrosphere had been in the demo, and had been Ridley-less, we would be terrified right now.
Can't believe Sakurai would pass up such an opportunity.

He's not totally clueless, though. There's a reason why he has yet to say Ridley's name.

Top Bottom