• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MUSIC SHARING TIME.

Anyways, when I was thinking about music that would represent Ridley's sadism, the following gem immediately came to mind:

I hope everyone enjoys! :awesome:

Don't worry the lyrics are in the video, and yes, that is a drum machine. (Although many humans can play such a part) Also, the vocals are done by a human.

Additionally:
Does anyone have a happier image of Big Bird holding something? Cause this just makes me depressed. also the photoshopping is terrible
If you ask me, Big Bird sort of got what was coming to him (albeit a little prematurely) in terms of the emotional backlash. Anyone who buys a Burger that large is probably aware of the egregious amount of calories they are about to consume and how many pounds of fat they are about to gain as a result. If that was me, I would most certainly be as depressed as Big Bird. :ohwell:

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
ANY RIDLEY SUPPORTER WHO SAYS KRAID IS TOO BIG FOR SMASH IS A HYPOCRITE.
Size is not problem for him. It is his proportions. Unless he will go to Wii Fit Trainer and loose some weight, like he did in Melee, he can`t be a playable character. I can`t imagine him jumping, having recovery special, air jump, run, etc. Just...how?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MUSIC SHARING TIME.

Anyways, when I was thinking about music that would represent Ridley's sadism, the following gem immediately came to mind:

I hope everyone enjoys! :awesome:

Don't worry the lyrics are in the video, and yes, that is a drum machine. (Although many humans can play such a part) Also, the vocals are done by a human.

Additionally:

If you ask me, Big Bird sort of got what was coming to him (albeit a little prematurely) in terms of the emotional backlash. Anyone who buys a Burger that large is probably aware of the egregious amount of calories they are about to consume and how many pounds of fat they are about to gain as a result. If that was me, I would most certainly be as depressed as Big Bird. :ohwell:
O____________O Um, thanks for sharing....and it fits Rids.....but....my poor ears died......

majora_787

Smash Hero
I can imagine Kraid jumping, using a recovery, and things like that. It would be more than slightly gross looking (intentionally of course), but yeh. I don't see his proportions being a problem. I think the fact that he was only in two games and one remake damages him more.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
.....So... Ridley...uh.....
uhhhhh..
UHHHHHHHH....
I take it you've been entranced by that gif, right? :troll:

Man, I've been quite weird today...

ANY RIDLEY SUPPORTER WHO SAYS KRAID IS TOO BIG FOR SMASH IS A HYPOCRITE.
Except Kraid, unlike Ridley, does rely on his size to stand out as a character, being a gigantic meat-shield guarding the Varia Suit/Speed Booster.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Because of this thread I started playing the Metroid series to understand the hype for Ridley, and I think it's well deserved.

I made this as a way of saying thanks.

domokl

Smash Lord
I mean I guess kraid could work but I would prefer dark samus. Either way we get a new villan so yeah.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Though if Kraid ends up in the game, at least it'd once and for all exterminate the "too big" argument off the face of the Earth.

Because of this thread I started playing the Metroid series to understand the hype for Ridley, and I think it's well deserved.

I made this as a way of saying thanks.
That's the other way around, buddy

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Look what I found:

Now its obvious that Ridley's final smash would be Zero suit Ridley :troll:

Last edited:

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Using the same scales we have been using with that other m Ridley model what could theoretically be the biggest a smash character could be before they couldn't work on stages like Hyrule temple?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I just noticed that according to the E3 chart, I made Samus too small. Redoing my mock up now...

EDIT: Being more precise with this one, bare with me...

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Nightmare and Mother Brain make me laugh so hard. I can't breathe. Help.

.. Just noticed the metroid eating one. xD
What I really like is the fact that there were heels somehow large enough for Nightmare to wear.

Also, Ridley is wearing those heels like a boss.

...Oh crap. *runs away*

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I just noticed that according to the E3 chart, I made Samus too small. Redoing my mock up now...

EDIT: Being more precise with this one, bare with me...
Don't fail me now, Wizard! I'm putting up our Ridley size comparisons on stages with Samus on them!

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Aww yeah, 10 more pages to go.

I'd be okay with kraid being playable, but that also means brinstar depths would never return. I loved that level.
Nuh-uh! There's a smaller Kraid in Super Metroid that comes before normal Kraid. Mini/False Kraid can be playable.

Not much of a point in scaling normal Kraid down since there's already a smaller Kraid. (and normal Kraid is much, much, much larger than Ridley anyway)

Last edited:

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
So I had a thought today, for all the Ridley detractors that say he would look weird scaled down (making him to skinny etc.) has anyone showed them Roidley since that's the design they would most likely use to show him in smash and that he has a bulkier form to scale down?

Last edited:

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Alright, let's try this again...

INTRODUCING, THE LATEST SIZE MOCK-UP!

Bowser and Rosalina were scaled down to be more accurate (though they haven't gotten THAT much smaller.) Therefore, Ridley also got slightly smaller as well.

Ridley & Samus only

Just Ridley

[collapse=And just Samus]
[/collapse]

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Bowser and Rosalina were scaled down to be more accurate (though they haven't gotten THAT much smaller.) Therefore, Ridley also got slightly smaller as well.

Ridley & Samus only

Just Ridley

[/collapse]
Nice,

Muffinius

Smash Rookie
I haven't posted here since Brawl came out, but I'm rooting for you, Ridley!
The dedication here to have nearly 1000 pages is really impressive, dudes.

Ridley's too big... to let the dream die.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Ridley & Samus only

Just Ridley

[/collapse]
I took your Ridley scale and compared it to my scale based on Pyrosphere.

Why does this keep happening!?
(My scale is still a little bigger, by the way. Maybe that'll be Boss Ridley's size.)

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace

HARK! WHAT IS THIS?! A stage hazard on the Mushroom Kingdom U stage? But how is this possible, we played so much on that stage during E3 and not once saw him. How could this be? Could it be that...they put an incomplete stage in the demo? And yet omitted Pyrosphere?

Top Bottom