• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Morbi

Scavenger
Guys, I have a question.

We all know when Ridley is going to be revealed his "gimmick" is going to be flight. But how would this be pulled off? I think there would be two variations of his up and down specials at once. (Ground Up Special is to Take Flight, and Air Up Special is to make a gust of wind or something, and Ground Down Special is the Tail Crush, and Air Down Special is to Land).

Any other ideas?
I want Ridley to permanently fly (hover) above the ground. His jump only makes him fly higher and he can use air-smash attacks! It would be glorious. Alas, it is never going to happen because he has to fall off the stage for whatever reason. :troll:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Guys, I have a question.

We all know when Ridley is going to be revealed his "gimmick" is going to be flight. But how would this be pulled off? I think there would be two variations of his up and down specials at once. (Ground Up Special is to Take Flight, and Air Up Special is to make a gust of wind or something, and Ground Down Special is the Tail Crush, and Air Down Special is to Land).

Any other ideas?
Why would he need a separate special to just land if he can just...um...fast fall...how was it called?...

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
pls come mod the ridley boards with me

pls

So question to my fellow Ridley supporters:

After Ridley gets in as playable in a Smash Bros. game, what other Metroid characters(if any at all) will you begin to more heavily support? I'll be supporting Kraid and Dark Samus.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Not sure how much of a point there is to this, but came here to say that Ridley would be an awesome newcomer for Smash 4.
Also, this thread needs moar Big Bird with a cheeseburger

majora_787

Smash Hero
I honestly don't think Metroid needs four playable characters. I think three is perfectly fine for any series that's not gigantic like Mario or Pokemon or to a lesser extent Zelda, which are Nintendo's three largest and most lucrative franchises.

EDIT: damn it I feel like I need an Ilyana avatar now

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I like the idea of Dark Samus. Could be very unique, not a clone. Phaazon and stuff.

Other than that, most other characters are one shots, or hard to rig. I don't really want to play as mother brain, and I'd rather Kraid come out of lava and knock the stage around.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Not sure how much of a point there is to this, but came here to say that Ridley would be an awesome newcomer for Smash 4.
Also, this thread needs moar Big Bird with a cheeseburger
I see you came from the Robin thread. I'll see if I could get something photoshopped.
maybe
back on topic:
After Ridley gets in as playable in a Smash Bros. game, what other Metroid characters(if any at all) will you begin to more heavily support? I'll be supporting Kraid and Dark Samus.
Dark Samus, then Rundas, then Sylux. I would say Kraid but IMO his Super Metroid battle was the most iconic and means that size DOES define him.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I honestly don't think Metroid needs four playable characters. I think three is perfectly fine for any series that's not gigantic like Mario or Pokemon or to a lesser extent Zelda, which are Nintendo's three largest and most lucrative franchises.

EDIT: damn it I feel like I need an Ilyana avatar now
thing is, who could they add outside of Ridley from the Metroid series?
Sure they could always try implementing one of the hunters from Prime 3 or Hunters, but they are nowhere near as iconic or as demanded as Ridley, if he'd get in, I think Metroid fans would be more than pleased with the representation of the series in Smash Bros. It's not like Nintendo bigger series where there's a lot of potential characters they could draw from (or Fire Emblem which a lot of people say could work for a stand alone fighting game), Ridley is almost univerasally the only choice they could use from the series as it is now
PS: hell yeah, Illy is awesome

majora_787

Smash Hero
thing is, who could they add outside of Ridley from the Metroid series?
Sure they could always try implementing one of the hunters from Prime 3 or Hunters, but they are nowhere near as iconic or as demanded as Ridley, if he'd get in, I think Metroid fans would be more than pleased with the representation of the series in Smash Bros. It's not like Nintendo bigger series where there's a lot of potential characters they could draw from (or Fire Emblem which a lot of people say could work for a stand alone fighting game), Ridley is almost univerasally the only choice they could use from the series as it is now
PS: hell yeah, Illy is awesome
The problem is after Samus and Ridley, we'd have to delve into 1-3 game appearance characters and random enemies. And I don't think Metroid is big enough to warrant that kind of treatment.

EDIT: I changed again. I feel good about this one.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Since i need only 3 characters to be playable in this game and 2 of them already are, i won`t support anyone else. Maybe i will support Dark Samus...but i don`t think we will need someone else other than Power Suit Samus/Samus and Ridley.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I think 3 characters for Metroid is good especially with Ridley in the mix but if there was another I'd want Sylux after a hypothetical game with him in it.

pls come mod the ridley boards with me

pls
let's not jump the gun here

I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of relationship

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think 3 characters for Metroid is good especially with Ridley in the mix but if there was another I'd want Sylux after a hypothetical game with him in it.
I think the key point here is after another appearance from him, because as it stands he doesn't have nearly enough presence in the series to merit a spot in smash.

However, he is pretty cool, I wouldn't mind seeing this happen.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Does anyone have a happier image of Big Bird holding something? Cause this just makes me depressed. also the photoshopping is terrible

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Admittedly Sylux was one of the more prominent hunters in... well. Hunters. And Retro did allude directly to Sylux appearing in a future game. But even then, that's two appearances for Sylux. And that's not at all remarkable for the Metroid franchise. That puts him on par with Kraid, Phantoon, Nightmare, Mother Brain, Adam... yeah.

EDIT: This avatar is me becoming one with Ridley's bigness.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I think three is perfectly fine for Smash. Dark Samus is the only character outside of them that, right now, I can see being even thought of for a spot, to be perfectly honest.

I'd be fine with Sylux, if he appears again, though. Sylux looked pretty damn promising.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Admittedly Sylux was one of the more prominent hunters in... well. Hunters. And Retro did allude directly to Sylux appearing in a future game. But even then, that's two appearances for Sylux. And that's not at all remarkable for the Metroid franchise. That puts him on par with Kraid, Phantoon, Nightmare, Mother Brain, Adam... yeah.

EDIT: This avatar is me becoming one with Ridley's bigness.
You forgot about...um...Anyway, i agree with that.

JET JAGUAR?! Why him? He isn`t the biggest one anyway...so...he is not too big..?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
There's no cheese. I specifically said cheeseburger. Disappoint. :glare:
Oh god I got the wrong burger I'm sooooorry ;n;
give me a moment I'll update this post with something better but it's still off-topic entirely
EDIT: Well I couldn't find a less depressing image of the Bird but I did find a cheeseburger from literally the first result on google images
You know, I'm starting to find some morbid humor in this.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
This is sort of random but this would fit as the evil space pirate's theme (or a un-Smash-type stage entrance) on his stage, lol:

Remember that Ridley is arguably the most evil villain in Nintendo's repertoire,canonically committing genocide of human settlements and who knows what else.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Ridley's a BAMF, nobody else has a Brawl theme this good imo:

Dem guitars

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is sort of random but this would fit as the evil space pirate's theme (or a un-Smash-type stage entrance) on his stage, lol:

Remember that Ridley is arguably the most evil villain in Nintendo's repertoire,canonically committing genocide of human settlements and who knows what else.
If you and everyone else would like, I know more than enough songs that are all about Sadism, Torture, Violence, blablabla, etc. that would fit Ridley's sadistic and cruel side. So if anyone here wants me to share some songs that are "absolutely evil" I can go right ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
WHY JET JAGUAR? What a ridiculous question! Because he can resize himself, obviously. :troll:
BUT H3 15 T00 B1G F0R TH1S THR3AD!
If you and everyone else would like, I know more than enough songs that are all about Sadism, Torture, Violence, blablabla, etc. that would fit Ridley's sadistic and cruel side. So if anyone here wants me to share some songs that are "absolutely evil" I can go right ahead.
I doubt we need them because the only theme that is worthy of Ridley is Ridley`s theme, Brawl or Other M version. Other lack the awesomeness of his theme because if something is somehow connected to Ridley in a good way, then it is awesome.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I'll support Dark Samus as a playable character, although I won't seriously expect it to happen. Other than that, I don't think there's anyone else who can qualify.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's bizarre because Samus and Ridley are literally the only two characters featured in over half of the series. Samus in every game, and Ridley in all but three. So really, Ridley has the biggest resume of any non-Samus character.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Already confirmed as an assist trophy.

I already knew that. I was talking about the future of Metroid representation in Smash after Ridley gets in as a playable character.

It's ironic for me to say this, but he's too big. However, if we considered the possibility of NES incarnations...:denzel:

Last edited:
Top Bottom