• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
If he is I'm gonna

But he's not I'm gonna

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I didn't realise how quickly this thread was going until I posted in it.
*drink water*

Oops. Too LatE... I hOpE nOtHiNg BAd hAPpeNS TO ME.
And thank you. Sentry, Clunk and Gnabot best Nauts.
Mate, Voltar and Swiggins are the best.

Anyways, Ridley's final smash can be damn well anything as long as he makes it in the game.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Mate, Voltar and Swiggins are the best.
That's a funny way of saying Genji.
Dammit I wish this was real. Having Kraid as a playable character would make my life. Gonna start Kraid propaganda after Ridley gets in. And Kraid's gimmick could actually be his size! Seriously, the size in that picture could work for a playable Kraid.

Last edited:

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
'EY YO PEOPLE I MADE RECOLORS OF ROIDLEY

I forgot who it was who made the orignal image... But thanks to them!

It's Other M, Brawl, Neo Ridley (Fusion), Zero Mission (original art), Super Metroid (original art), and Ice Ridley (Nintendoland).

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Not even at 1000 yet? Lame, I need to start an argument to get there faster

RIDLEY IS TOO SMALL.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
How does this look?

Keep in mind, this is the same-scaled Ridley as the direct Other M model, only with BaganSmashBros's longer legs.

Also, could I have some stages with idle Samus on them? I want to see how this more upright Ridley looks on other stages. Will post this sized Ridley on other stages soonish.

Think of it this way: Your efforts will help us get to 1000.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
How does this look?

Keep in mind, this is the same-scaled Ridley as the direct Other M model, only with BaganSmashBros's longer legs.

Also, could I have some stages with idle Samus on them? I want to see how this more upright Ridley looks on other stages. Will post this sized Ridley on other stages soonish.

And so will replying to a post about efforts being effortifying to get to the thread of 1000 pages.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
How does this look?

Ya gotta love souless Charizard and Mario and helmetless Olimar.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
'EY YO PEOPLE I MADE RECOLORS OF ROIDLEY

I forgot who it was who made the orignal image... But thanks to them!

It's Other M, Brawl, Neo Ridley (Fusion), Zero Mission (original art), Super Metroid (original art), and Ice Ridley (Nintendoland).
'Eeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, if someone needs me I'll be going away for a while, no specific reason to it, just YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE!!!

*gets on a spaceship and flies to the nearest galaxy*
32A571_0D9AAD304FFB8_000.gif

"I guess this means farwell. It was an honor for me to be part of such great artist."

xD You had my permission, so don't worry, I wouldn't hunt you down.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
If they were sibling series prior, during the NES era; that is something that will never change. You cannot change your family. :)

I just interpret the two as siblings regarding Smash because Palutena was teased just about as much as Ridley. #ArbitraryLogic
lol Fair enough.

Well, Sakamoto made many decisions that helped influenced the design for Kid Icarus when he and the Metroid team joined in after that game was finished. They're both Metroidvania games that have Metroids as an enemy (which are called Komaytos in Kid Icarus), and have experienced a revival at some point.

And no thank you to Sakurai doing a Metroid game. He would probably make Zero Suit Samus into some pivotal game mechanic while relegating Ridley to being a run-of-the-mill boss.
Ah, I see. Now that makes more sense. (Talking about back when Sakamoto actually did good things in the eyes of everyone feels kinda weird now though, lol.)

Was basically my initial reaction to the idea too, but just because he translates Ridley inaccurately and poorly as a boss in Smash doesn't necessarily mean he would do the same in a Metroid title and make him equally forgettable there (he at least acknowledges Ridley's importance in Metroid based on the Smash trophy descriptions). You may have a point though about the ZSS part. Would not want that if it downplays what she can actually do in her suit.

Here's Ridley in the most recent Metroid Movie. :troll:

Um... what did I just look at?

majora_787

Smash Hero
That's a pretty good playable size for Ridley. He's noticeably larger than Samus, and is definitely still intimidating.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Surprise, huh? Alright...

INTRODUCING, THE LATEST SIZE MOCK-UP

Here's how tall I think Ridley will be after going over the sizes for the Smash 4 cast in the E3 demo. I've put Bowser & Rosalina here since they're the two tallest characters revealed. And of course, there's Samus for comparison.

Here's one with only Ridley & Samus

And here's Ridley on his own.

[collapse=And Samus]
[/collapse]
Yup, I'd say that's a good size. Now the next time a toobigot comes in, let's just quote this and argument over.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yup, I'd say that's a good size. Now the next time a toobigot comes in, let's just quote this and argument over.
B-but! Ridley probably just follows his OWN entirely exclusive lighting physics that are different from EVERYTHING ELSE in the game! D: He has to be like 50 times larger, just like ALL of his canon appearances! Because Smash Bros. has to abide 100% by canon!

*fartingnoise

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
lol Fair enough.

Ah, I see. Now that makes more sense. (Talking about back when Sakamoto actually did good things in the eyes of everyone feels kinda weird now though, lol.)

Was basically my initial reaction to the idea too, but just because he translates Ridley inaccurately and poorly as a boss in Smash doesn't necessarily mean he would do the same in a Metroid title and make him equally forgettable there (he at least acknowledges Ridley's importance in Metroid based on the Smash trophy descriptions). You may have a point though about the ZSS part. Would not want that if it downplays what she can actually do in her suit.

I actually had an idea for a Metroid game with ZS Samus as a toggleable form to switch to and from. She would have the ability to actually tread water, would gain a Gravity powerup to allow her to move freely through water and Zero-G, would have jet boots to give her temporary flight, and in general would be a faster, quicker, but weaker Samus. Her Zero form would act as a substitute until Samus actually gains the Morph Ball, Hi-Jump boots, Power Grip, etc. and in general would be a crutch.

The initial reason I thought of it was because it would seem logical that Samus would be fighting the GF in the next game, and Samus may not be able to take down GF soldiers just doing their jobs without killing them. Hence, Samus could instead incapacitate soldiers in her ZS form, as it is less likely to kill anyone. Some sort of morality system to make future bosses and areas easier or harder, depending on how many soldiers you kill.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I actually had an idea for a Metroid game with ZS Samus as a toggleable form to switch to and from. She would have the ability to actually tread water, would gain a Gravity powerup to allow her to move freely through water and Zero-G, would have jet boots to give her temporary flight, and in general would be a faster, quicker, but weaker Samus. Her Zero form would act as a substitute until Samus actually gains the Morph Ball, Hi-Jump boots, Power Grip, etc. and in general would be a crutch.

The initial reason I thought of it was because it would seem logical that Samus would be fighting the GF in the next game, and Samus may not be able to take down GF soldiers just doing their jobs without killing them. Hence, Samus could instead incapacitate soldiers in her ZS form, as it is less likely to kill anyone. Some sort of morality system to make future bosses and
areas easier or harder, depending on how many soldiers you kill.
Sounds well thought out. I do believe that the next Metroid game will include Samus losing some of her powers and her requiring to get them back.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Sounds well thought out. I do believe that the next Metroid game will include Samus losing some of her powers and her requiring to get them back.
Actually, it might be a LEGITIMATE reason to authorize force, since the enemy ISN'T totally, irrepentantly evil like the Space Pirates.
Alternately, Samus can freely toggle what powerups she needs. She could kill legions of starter enemy soldiers with her Plasma Beam. but then again, morality system would kick in to make future stages harder.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
You think THAT'S weird?

Welcome to Japan.

Back to Ridley, though...

Here's how tall I think Ridley will be after going over the sizes for the Smash 4 cast in the E3 demo. I've put Bowser & Rosalina here since they're the two tallest characters revealed. And of course, there's Samus for comparison.

[collapse=And Samus]
[/collapse]
Nice job as usual.

Also your avatar kinda looks like something from a Banjo Kazooie game, for some reason.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

[collapse=And Samus]
[/collapse]
Huh.

First off, love your avatar. Looks like K. Rool if he was purple.

Second, have you been following my tail-shadow-on-Pyrosphere-brick size charts?

Because your Ridley is just a hair smaller than my Ridley.

Yeah, it doesn't look like it, but that's because my Ridley model is a terrible slouch.

Last edited:

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Second, have you been following my tail-shadow-on-Pyrosphere-brick size charts?

Because your Ridley is just a hair smaller than my Ridley.
Nope, I only used the size chart I made for the E3 demo and how Bowser & Rosalina were almost tall enough to reach Battlefiled's lower platforms.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

The initial reason I thought of it was because it would seem logical that Samus would be fighting the GF in the next game, and Samus may not be able to take down GF soldiers just doing their jobs without killing them. Hence, Samus could instead incapacitate soldiers in her ZS form, as it is less likely to kill anyone. Some sort of morality system to make future bosses and areas easier or harder, depending on how many soldiers you kill.
Eh, I guess that wouldn't be a bad execution of the zero suit at all. You'd think though that some basic power suit weaponry of hers like the power beam would have a stun mode or something that only downs/incapacitates enemies instead of killing them (the ice beam perhaps being a better example of freezing something without killing). But yeah, I would not mind that sort of morality system one bit regarding the GF.

As for bosses, still kinda want a cloned Ridley (that was done intentionally by the GF, instead of accidentally like Other M) that's cybernetically upgraded with Federation tech; their version of Meta-Ridley basically. The idea struck my fancy anyway after looking back more at the Federation tech suit upgrade Samus got in Prime 3 in the form of the P.E.D.

You think THAT'S weird?

Welcome to Japan.

Back to Ridley, though...
What I was questioning wasn't so much the suggestive nature of it, but where that gif scene was actually taken from. What movie, show, or whatever had that Xenomorph looking thing with the extending tail?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Actually, it might be a LEGITIMATE reason to authorize force, since the enemy ISN'T totally, irrepentantly evil like the Space Pirates.
Alternately, Samus can freely toggle what powerups she needs. She could kill legions of starter enemy soldiers with her Plasma Beam. but then again, morality system would kick in to make future stages harder.
So...Samus would be having a mental breakdown in some levels? I hope my thought process is wrong on what I am theorizing.

Chase

Smash Ace
Guys, I have a question.

We all know when Ridley is going to be revealed his "gimmick" is going to be flight. But how would this be pulled off? I think there would be two variations of his up and down specials at once. (Ground Up Special is to Take Flight, and Air Up Special is to make a gust of wind or something, and Ground Down Special is the Tail Crush, and Air Down Special is to Land).

Any other ideas?

Top Bottom