• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
A lot of people seem to be worried that Ridley's huge size and weight would make him low tier, but from what I've seen in Smash 4 vids and hands on reviews, heavier characters are getting more love in this game, ie Bowser and DK. (DDD hasn't been played hands on yet.) If you look at ZeRo's tier list (Yes, I know it's not final but it's something right?) DK is high tier and Bowser is middle (I believe?). What would give Ridley an advantage over these other heavy weights, presuming he's slower, is his recovery options. I personally believe he'd have strong grabs and attacks, the ability to jump 3 times (like Pit and Charizard), and a vertical recovery (complete opposite of Bowser's Spinning Fortress.) However, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a very limited combo set, which would lead him to being hard to learn. With time and dedication however, you could combo enemies a couple of times, and then punish them greatly with strong smash attacks or even a Down air tail strike with a meteor effect.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I played Bowser and he is fantastic. DK is supposedly good. I think Ridley could most definitely be a perfectly good character.

What I don't understand are people who think he'd be overpowered, since at the end of the day he seems to be a large character with not exactly lightning air speed. So I mean he's not going to be the next Meta Knight, to be sure. But he'll probably be pretty good.

D

Deleted member

A lot of people seem to be worried that Ridley's huge size and weight would make him low tier, but from what I've seen in Smash 4 vids and hands on reviews, heavier characters are getting more love in this game, ie Bowser and DK. (DDD hasn't been played hands on yet.) If you look at ZeRo's tier list (Yes, I know it's not final but it's something right?) DK is high tier and Bowser is middle (I believe?). What would give Ridley an advantage over these other heavy weights, presuming he's slower, is his recovery options. I personally believe he'd have strong grabs and attacks, the ability to jump 3 times (like Pit and Charizard), and a vertical recovery (complete opposite of Bowser's Spinning Fortress.) However, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a very limited combo set, which would lead him to being hard to learn. With time and dedication however, you could combo enemies a couple of times, and then punish them greatly with strong smash attacks or even a Down air tail strike with a meteor effect.
Yeah ZeRo placed Bowser in mid-tier but said that Bowser could go even higher.

I personally would like to see Ridley work like a Heavyweight Jigglypuff (Air-game wise) which sounds terrifying to me. (In a good way).

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Tons of people are saying someone from Meroid should be a stage hazard/boss character, well I got the perfect contender.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Also while were at it, I wouldn't be suprissed if he got Bowser's Koopa Klaw from melee in order to grab in midair for more potential. It would actually work perfectly for Ridley.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Tons of people are saying someone from Meroid should be a stage hazard/boss character, well I got the perfect contender.

I've been supporting Nightmare's inclusion as a boss for a long time now, as he would be perfect for a Metroid Fusion/Other M stage.

D

Deleted member

Also while were at it, I wouldn't be suprissed if he got Bowser's Koopa Klaw from melee in order to grab in midair for more potential. It would actually work perfectly for Ridley.
A lot of those who've made movesets (myself included) have taken this idea and made it unique to Ridley in that it would be his signature wall/floor grind. Either that or have the floor grind as one of his Command Grab Options within his Side-B similar to how Bowser had multiple directional options with his Koopa Klaw.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I had a really weird thought, but it's such a weird FUSION of things (hue hue horf hard of I slay me) that I really don't think it'd happen.

Basically the Sylux boss arena from the Complex in Prime Hunters, with appearances by Nightmare and Sylux.

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone ever thought of what his Final Smash might be? Other than like a Meta/Omega Ridley "transformation", because those weren't upgrades, it was life support that gave him new abilities, and then Phazon regeneration.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Looking at the OP, the Space Pirate Raid could work well as a Final Smash. It might even explain their absence in Smash Run, although I don't think would mean much.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Has anyone ever thought of what his Final Smash might be? Other than like a Meta/Omega Ridley "transformation", because those weren't upgrades, it was life support that gave him new abilities, and then Phazon regeneration.
Ridley's "adaption" thing where his skin blackens and hardens (and he would become faster and stronger, etc.) that @ majora_787 majora_787 and @ Angelglory Angelglory came up with, then there's the idea of Ridley jumping up to the top of the screen and firing a Laser Beam similar to Lucario's Final Smash that @BaganSmashBros came up with as well.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Thinking it'd be based off his boss phase from Other M where he activates his skin hardening and begins firing really large explosive fireballs everywhere to make Samus slightly less than comfortable.

EDIT: Hello there :4greninja:, my old friend.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Am I the only one who thinks it actually seems more likely for someone like Nightmare to be the metroid boss instead of Ridley regardless of any teasing, or chances for playable characters? Cause I mean they put Yellow Devil on Dr. Wily's castle instead of Dr. Wily. YD isn't even in the game that stage is from. It seems like they're favoring well known but not overly important Characters (at least for that one) as stage bosses.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I was summoned, here have my moveset again.

Neutral B: Plasma Scatter:
Ridley shoots a fireball from his mouth that moves over a randomly selected trajectory with low damage. Holding down the button makes him charge the attack. A half-charged Plasma Scatter causes him to spit out five fireballs, all shooting out in different trajectories. A fully charged Plasma Scatter causes him to launch a large ball of plasma in front of him (diagonally downward in the air). Any fireball that hits the ground or a platform will cause a small fire to burn for about 2 seconds or until an enemy touches it.

Side B: Killer Claw:
Ridley reels back and lunges forward. If he makes contact with a foe within a certain distance, he will grab them. If used in the air, he will grab diagonally out below himself. From here, he can use a Direction and the B button to do a few different things including bite the enemy and throw them in four directions. However, each throw behaves differently.
--Forward throw - Ridley claws the foe with his free hand.
--Back throw - Throws the foe away behind himself.
--Up throw - Ridley blasts the foe with plasma, sending them off at an upward angle.
--Down throw- On the ground, Ridley drags the foe across the ground before tossing the forward. In the air, Ridley flies up and then comes crashing down, slamming the foe into the ground. It's very possible to SD while dragging the foe down with him.
If he grabs an enemy in the air, Ridley can still jump while holding them.

Up B: Flight:
Obvious enough, Ridley crouches and then pushes himself up into the air. Not meant to be an actual damaging move, the only hitbox is when Ridley leaps up, knocking enemies up with him. When used in the air, this move acts differently, he flaps his wings and ascends into the air. As he goes up, he creates a gust of wind beneath him, which is capable of pushing opponents downwards in the air. He can use normal and special attacks while in flight. This special move does not put him into a helpless state.

Down B: Terrify:
Ridley will inhale sharply then let out a terrifying roar, briefly surrounding himself with a shock-wave. If it hits an enemy while they're on the ground, it will paralyze them. The time stunned is relevant to the amount of damage they have. If it hits an airborne enemy, it will force them into a tumbling state. Foes can still recover after this attack though.

Final Smash: Adaptation:
Ridley roars and his skin darkens. In this state, he gains super armor and reflects projectiles off his body for a short time. As the FS comes to an end, Ridley expels his hardened skin in a shock wave surrounding himself. (Only Samus's Super Missile can break this FS, but unfortunately Adam hasn't authorized it.)

Jab: Downward claw swipe, mirrored for second jab, swings down with both claws in front of him for third.
Dash: Ridley lunges and swings his claws in a downward arc.
F-tilt: Ridley does a one-handed claw swipe in front of himself.
U-Tilt: Ridley snaps his jaws upward.
D-tilt: Ridley jabs his tail forward, stabbing the ground in front of him. Long reach.

F-smash: Ridley swings his arm in an upward motion, juggling enemies up into the air in front of him.
--F-smash 2: Ridley lunges diagonally up, tackling juggled foes and putting himself airborne.*
U-smash: Ridley turns sideways and swings both hands above his head in a downward arc.
--U-smash 2: Ridley lunges straight up, tackling juggled foes and putting himself airborne.*
D-smash: Ridley spins in place, swinging his tail around him. This attack hits multiple times, dragging the foe along with the motion of the tail before tossing them up and away from Ridley.
--D-smash 2: Ridley lunges up after tossed foes, putting himself airborne.*
(*The second part each Smash attack can only be used if an enemy is struck with the attack.)

N-Air: A general claw swipe
F-air: Ridley does a double-handed swipe in a downward motion. Meteor smash.
B-air: Ridley kicks back with his leg, turning himself to face behind him. Changes Ridley's facing.
U-air: Ridley does a front-flip, swiping his tail upwards followed by his talons.
D-air: Ridley stabs downward with his tail.

Grab/Pummel: Ridley grabs the enemy/Ridley bites the enemy
F-throw: Throws the foe up and forward into the air
B-throw: Basic backhanded throw up into the air
U-throw: Lifts foe above his head them skewers them with his tail
D-throw: Slam the foe onto the ground then hit them with a blast of fire

[collapse=Further explanations]Neutral B: The balls travel at most 3/4s of FD before they would disappear without hitting anything. The fireballs travel at Mario's fireball speed, but they move slightly faster when there's more of them. The fireballs don't increase in size, only number, maxing at, say 5-6, before the charge becomes the large fireball. Once the fireballs hit the ground, they burst into a small patch of fire (About a Kirby wide) that damages and knocks enemies back, in the air, they only knock back with fire damage before disappearing. He can store the charge of the attack and resume or use it again at a later point. Each fireball causes its own patch of flames, they don't get bigger but the fully charged large fireball gives a large patch of flames (two Kirby's wide). Obviously the fully charged one does more damage and knockback, but it also acts like Ness' PK fire to any enemies that make contact with it on the ground.

Side B: Yes, he can jump around while carrying an opponent. To use his bites or throws, you would press B/B+Direction to perform the attack. But of course enemies can break out of the grab just like traditional grabs, so they have a harder time freeing themselves at higher percentages. Seeing as how Ridley is suppose to be the king of the skies, he doesn't go into a helpless state after a missed Side-B or Up-B.

Up B: He can reactive Up B in order to cancel it, but otherwise he will use attacks and specials as if he were airborne. (Side note: his back-air wouldn't turn him around while in flight). The move behaves like ROB's Up B, he has a set amount of 'air time', so he can activate and deactivate his UP multiple times until he runs out of 'air time', after which he needs to recharge by landing on the ground. Yeah, the gust of wind does no damage and only pushes the enemy, the width of the gust is about Ridley's body size, so it's most effectively against enemies directly under him.

Down B: The radius of the special is just around himself, slightly bigger than what his shield size would be and it fully encompasses his body. Yeah, it would be fair that hitting a stunned foe with the special again would throw them back a set amount with minor damage tacked on. The direction launched would be determined by Ridley, as in the enemies will be thrown 'away' from Ridley, essentially the opposite direction relative to their position. So yes, it could be a pseudo-meteor smash in the air, but it wouldn't likely KO unless both Ridley and the other character are near the lower blast zone. It does have a wind-up and a little wind-down. so it's not an entirely safe move to use. In the air, the attack makes Ridley hovering in the air for a moment, but he will fall during the wind-up and end lag.

Normals: Sure, he can
The Follow-up to his D-Smash would only work with the last hit that launches the enemy. Hitting shields would still let him use the follow-up smash, since it's making contact with an enemy.

Aerials: Neutral air is one-sided but with decent range. Up air would be similar to those attacks, but in addition, the first hit (his tail) would pull enemies down into the second hits range. Although, the tail swing can lightly knock enemies downwards as it swings down (similar to Pikachu's up air). Down air would be like Luigi's, giving damage and knockback with a single hit.[/collapse]

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It's time for another Palutena helping Ridley post!

So previously I've pointed out the notion that both Palutena and Ridley have gotten the most teasing from Sakurai, but then I realized a couple of things. Metroid and Kid Icarus are sister series, plus Ridley and Palutena are the secondary characters of their respective franchises. Couple that with my following reveal theory, and the resemblances between the goddess and dragon in terms of how they're being handled in Smash are staggering.

D

Deleted member

I prefer the "Ridley legends! Unite!" FS,

Goota love Mecha Ridley's face

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I was summoned, here have my moveset again.

Neutral B: Plasma Scatter:
Ridley shoots a fireball from his mouth that moves over a randomly selected trajectory with low damage. Holding down the button makes him charge the attack. A half-charged Plasma Scatter causes him to spit out five fireballs, all shooting out in different trajectories. A fully charged Plasma Scatter causes him to launch a large ball of plasma in front of him (diagonally downward in the air). Any fireball that hits the ground or a platform will cause a small fire to burn for about 2 seconds or until an enemy touches it.

Side B: Killer Claw:
Ridley reels back and lunges forward. If he makes contact with a foe within a certain distance, he will grab them. If used in the air, he will grab diagonally out below himself. From here, he can use a Direction and the B button to do a few different things including bite the enemy and throw them in four directions. However, each throw behaves differently.
--Forward throw - Ridley claws the foe with his free hand.
--Back throw - Throws the foe away behind himself.
--Up throw - Ridley blasts the foe with plasma, sending them off at an upward angle.
--Down throw- On the ground, Ridley drags the foe across the ground before tossing the forward. In the air, Ridley flies up and then comes crashing down, slamming the foe into the ground. It's very possible to SD while dragging the foe down with him.
If he grabs an enemy in the air, Ridley can still jump while holding them.

Up B: Flight:
Obvious enough, Ridley crouches and then pushes himself up into the air. Not meant to be an actual damaging move, the only hitbox is when Ridley leaps up, knocking enemies up with him. When used in the air, this move acts differently, he flaps his wings and ascends into the air. As he goes up, he creates a gust of wind beneath him, which is capable of pushing opponents downwards in the air. He can use normal and special attacks while in flight. This special move does not put him into a helpless state.

Down B: Terrify:
Ridley will inhale sharply then let out a terrifying roar, briefly surrounding himself with a shock-wave. If it hits an enemy while they're on the ground, it will paralyze them. The time stunned is relevant to the amount of damage they have. If it hits an airborne enemy, it will force them into a tumbling state. Foes can still recover after this attack though.

Final Smash: Adaptation:
Ridley roars and his skin darkens. In this state, he gains super armor and reflects projectiles off his body for a short time. As the FS comes to an end, Ridley expels his hardened skin in a shock wave surrounding himself. (Only Samus's Super Missile can break this FS, but unfortunately Adam hasn't authorized it.)

Jab: Downward claw swipe, mirrored for second jab, swings down with both claws in front of him for third.
Dash: Ridley lunges and swings his claws in a downward arc.
F-tilt: Ridley does a one-handed claw swipe in front of himself.
U-Tilt: Ridley snaps his jaws upward.
D-tilt: Ridley jabs his tail forward, stabbing the ground in front of him. Long reach.

F-smash: Ridley swings his arm in an upward motion, juggling enemies up into the air in front of him.
--F-smash 2: Ridley lunges diagonally up, tackling juggled foes and putting himself airborne.*
U-smash: Ridley turns sideways and swings both hands above his head in a downward arc.
--U-smash 2: Ridley lunges straight up, tackling juggled foes and putting himself airborne.*
D-smash: Ridley spins in place, swinging his tail around him. This attack hits multiple times, dragging the foe along with the motion of the tail before tossing them up and away from Ridley.
--D-smash 2: Ridley lunges up after tossed foes, putting himself airborne.*
(*The second part each Smash attack can only be used if an enemy is struck with the attack.)

N-Air: A general claw swipe
F-air: Ridley does a double-handed swipe in a downward motion. Meteor smash.
B-air: Ridley kicks back with his leg, turning himself to face behind him. Changes Ridley's facing.
U-air: Ridley does a front-flip, swiping his tail upwards followed by his talons.
D-air: Ridley stabs downward with his tail.

Grab/Pummel: Ridley grabs the enemy/Ridley bites the enemy
F-throw: Throws the foe up and forward into the air
B-throw: Basic backhanded throw up into the air
U-throw: Lifts foe above his head them skewers them with his tail
D-throw: Slam the foe onto the ground then hit them with a blast of fire

[collapse=Further explanations]Neutral B: The balls travel at most 3/4s of FD before they would disappear without hitting anything. The fireballs travel at Mario's fireball speed, but they move slightly faster when there's more of them. The fireballs don't increase in size, only number, maxing at, say 5-6, before the charge becomes the large fireball. Once the fireballs hit the ground, they burst into a small patch of fire (About a Kirby wide) that damages and knocks enemies back, in the air, they only knock back with fire damage before disappearing. He can store the charge of the attack and resume or use it again at a later point. Each fireball causes its own patch of flames, they don't get bigger but the fully charged large fireball gives a large patch of flames (two Kirby's wide). Obviously the fully charged one does more damage and knockback, but it also acts like Ness' PK fire to any enemies that make contact with it on the ground.

Side B: Yes, he can jump around while carrying an opponent. To use his bites or throws, you would press B/B+Direction to perform the attack. But of course enemies can break out of the grab just like traditional grabs, so they have a harder time freeing themselves at higher percentages. Seeing as how Ridley is suppose to be the king of the skies, he doesn't go into a helpless state after a missed Side-B or Up-B.

Up B: He can reactive Up B in order to cancel it, but otherwise he will use attacks and specials as if he were airborne. (Side note: his back-air wouldn't turn him around while in flight). The move behaves like ROB's Up B, he has a set amount of 'air time', so he can activate and deactivate his UP multiple times until he runs out of 'air time', after which he needs to recharge by landing on the ground. Yeah, the gust of wind does no damage and only pushes the enemy, the width of the gust is about Ridley's body size, so it's most effectively against enemies directly under him.

Down B: The radius of the special is just around himself, slightly bigger than what his shield size would be and it fully encompasses his body. Yeah, it would be fair that hitting a stunned foe with the special again would throw them back a set amount with minor damage tacked on. The direction launched would be determined by Ridley, as in the enemies will be thrown 'away' from Ridley, essentially the opposite direction relative to their position. So yes, it could be a pseudo-meteor smash in the air, but it wouldn't likely KO unless both Ridley and the other character are near the lower blast zone. It does have a wind-up and a little wind-down. so it's not an entirely safe move to use. In the air, the attack makes Ridley hovering in the air for a moment, but he will fall during the wind-up and end lag.

Normals: Sure, he can
The Follow-up to his D-Smash would only work with the last hit that launches the enemy. Hitting shields would still let him use the follow-up smash, since it's making contact with an enemy.

Aerials: Neutral air is one-sided but with decent range. Up air would be similar to those attacks, but in addition, the first hit (his tail) would pull enemies down into the second hits range. Although, the tail swing can lightly knock enemies downwards as it swings down (similar to Pikachu's up air). Down air would be like Luigi's, giving damage and knockback with a single hit.[/collapse]
Somehow I hadn't read this movest before. I really like all of it.

However, I generally prefer more scenic final smashes. Not that I dislike yours, it's better than the space pirate/omega/metal transformations I've read, but I have read better.

One of my favorites was where once activated, Ridley does his signature screech, then flies off-screen. Then there is a dragoon-like targeting system, and if you hit someone, the screen zooms in, it slows a bit, and Ridley snatches that player with his claws, and zooms up, back to where he came from. the target would be shown dying as a shooting star in the background, and Ridley would re-appear where he was.

majora_787

Smash Hero

Hong

The Strongest
Ridley's heart is too big.

Too busy raising money for charity and operating his homeless kitten kennel to participate in Smash Bros. Sorry, folks.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Ridley: "Samus is too tall!"

But seriously Rosalina and Samus are some of the tallest Nintendo characters.

Note: I am not complaining just having fun.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
http://www.gamesradar.com/the-ever-changing-sizes-of-samus-ridley-and-kraid/
Look what I found! His size changes in the same fu***** game, Brawl resized him from a cutscene to the fight because his size matches his f*****g role, also known as "DDD is bigger than Mario" and "Olimar can be bigger than Bowser"
That's the way it is with most Nintendo games, here's an exemple that I posted in the past :

NPC Bowser is big since he is supposed to represent the Bowser boss battles from Super Mario 3D land, Playable Bowser is resized so he can be playable.

Of course it doesn't matter for Ridley because he is the exception to this rule since the Too biggots said so.....

majora_787

Smash Hero
It really is like Bowser's boss appearances. Sure Bowser's size fluctuates a lot, but he's always like four times as large as Mario is if not much larger. And I'm not even going to get started on Ganondorf literally being ten feet tall in Twilight Princess. The man is so large he could be a 3m class titan.

It's literally about roles. Characters are going to be made to fit the role they're put in. Game design is magic.

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
that nifty moveset
OH. Cool. Yeah I'm surprised I've never seen this one. I'm glad people thought of incorporating his skin "adaptations" (but if his entrance animation isn't his eyes opening and him fading into sight, I'll be upset). I was never pleased by just the Space Pirate Raid , too Dedede for me. I imagined one where he would roar, jump and fly up off screen and dash in from the background Dyna Blade style! that would trigger Space Pirates to show up and attack. While that's going on he's also fly across the screen firing a focused plasma beam Meta Ridley MP1 style at the gorund to deal actual killing knockback. He'd do that twice, then land forcefully for one more strong blow, then the Space Pirates would... leave? Explode maybe idk. Regardless, it's Space Pirate Raid+!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It really is like Bowser's boss appearances. Sure Bowser's size fluctuates a lot, but he's always like four times as large as Mario is if not much larger. And I'm not even going to get started on Ganondorf literally being ten feet tall in Twilight Princess. The man is so large he could be a 3m class titan.

It's literally about roles. Characters are going to be made to fit the role they're put in. Game design is magic.
Then Ridley detractors must not believe in magic. :awesome:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Guys I made Ridley moveset too!

Neutral B: Molten Fireball. Ridley can spit out a molten Fireball in one of eight directions. Molten FIreball moves relatively slowly but is very large and damaging.

Side B: Crash Spiker. Ridley launches his tail spike at the enemy, and if it latches it deals initial damage and later explodes. The spike can be transferred to an enemy player by contact, including Ridley.

Down B: Phazon Shield. Four globs of Phazon rotate around Ridley as a protective shield. Enemies who come in contact with the shield take damage. Ridley can either launch the shield as a projectile to damage a far away enemy, or let the Phazon absorb projectiles for him. Each attack on the shield removes one glob, regardless of strength.

Up B: Space Pirate. Ridley footstools on the head of one of his Space Pirate lackies for a massive increase in verticality, and can glide after it. The falling Space Pirate can damage enemies, or can be used as a spring by the enemy if Space Pirate is used on the ground

Final Smash: Ridley Legends. Ridley uses Phazon to power up one of his Fireballs, which moves slowly before becoming a large black hole that sucks in any enemy nearby. Once inside, Ridley summons 4 different incarnations of him (NES, Other M, Meta, and a completed Ridley-Bot) and they all stand in a line. They each charge massive lava streams in their mouths then fire, dealing massive damage and knockback to those originally caught in the Blackhole.

Isn't it just perfect for the fridge!

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019

Genexican

Smash Cadet
Well, they could always come up with something original, such as what they've done with Mario or Bowser. Perhaps call in a squadron of Space Pirates? Some ground troopers that run around the stage and slash up other fighters, and some Jet Pack Pirates that fly around randomly and shoot across a wide range.

D

Deleted member

I'm not too fond of the Space Pirate raid FS because it remember Brawl Pit's FS, oh god! That was terrible

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm not too fond of the Space Pirate raid FS because it remember Brawl Pit's FS, oh god! That was terrible
Not to mention it'd be out of character to have Ridley just summon a bunch of minions do the dirty work for him. Ridley is the type who'd prefer to do the task at hand on his own, so to have his FS be him sitting back lazing about while the Space Pirate crew goes around shooting stuff in his stead would be very out of place.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Well it's Other M Ridley so I doubt that he will call Space Pirates, he could howewer go off stage and roar to summon Kihunters to attack for him, it's something that he actually does as Little Birdie in Other M, who know maybe that King Kihunter trophy was actually the trophy of Ridley's final smash and this also why we have Kihunters in smash run.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I always thought of it more along the lines of King Dedede's Final Smash, where the Space Pirates overwhelm the other players on the stage in sheer numbers.

The difference is that the Ridley player can still fight even after summoning them, unlike King Dedede's "Big Gay Dance".

Last edited:
Top Bottom