• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
How's this look?
Make him a little bit bigger to make him head taller than Samus, then it would be better.
Well, now that my really bad mood/worries have passed...I will say it again, NO ONE CAN USE MY SKETCHES/ DRAWINGS/ STUFF (Ridley or non-Ridley related).

I know they are sketches, but these are still my work.

View attachment 17000

"AND SHE'S DEAD SERIOUS!"

Thank you.
Yes, si- ma-am..?
Why you didn`t said that before? And where did that Meta Ridley model came from? I need it!
It is a mariachi skeleton? (I looked for it) if it is that one...meh. I prefer my concept...
I think it was...anyway, he looked like a mexican skeleton in a nice outfit and had such abilities...and more than that. And i prefer Ridley over anything.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hey guys. :3

I see you are all approaching 1000 pages. Thats great! :D

Just felt like sharing my thoughts and history with Ridley.

So I guess I should start with where I first saw him. Naturally, when you don't know of a Nintendo franchise, you learn about it from Smash bros. So my first encounter was from Melee's opening cutscene. I think Ridley stood out to me the most. I even memorized his name...kinda...I...I kept pronouncing his name "Rideley..." >.>

Anyway, brawl came out. Liked the boss fights with him and Meta-Ridley.

Then when I started to venture out into the wonders of the internet, I started to see the Ridley support. Now, I never thought of him as too big. Though, that's mostly because I never even considered him playable because of not knowing anything about him. I heard about the too big argument right when I saw the support for him.

Now, how do I feel about Ridley? Well, with this much fan support he should be in the game. And too be honest, I am intrigued of what kind of moveset he could have. As a character himself, not too invested in. I'm more of the cute & cuddly kind of guy. With that said there are some interesting things about him I heard here and there. Apparently he is intelligent and can regenerate. That true?

What do I think of his chances? Well, I think they are rather high. I think a Ridley will be playable. Why do I word it like? If my limited understanding of metroid is correct, then there is more then one Ridley correct? If thats the case, then the Other M Ridley could be a boss while the Super Metroid Ridley can be the playable one. If there can be multiple zeldas, multiple samuses, and mulitple R.O.B.s then there sure can be multiple Ridleys. :)

I decided to put this out there in the first place because I just finally got off my lazy butt and decided to play super metriod. I wanted to see my general impressions on Ridley as a beginner fan of the series to when I beat more metriod games so I'm posting this here.

Wasn't too into it at first, but once I started fighting Kraid it started to get really fun. I have the speed booster now, and will continue to play it further. Might even play Metroid Fusion afterwards. Never thought I would have fun with the metroid series. Didn't seem like my kind of series. :p

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
This has been a PSA from Andrea and Ridley's very dapper cousin Rilbey. /weird references nobody will get
:glare:...
Make him a little bit bigger to make him head taller than Samus, then it would be better.

Yes, si- ma-am..?
Why you didn`t said that before? And where did that Meta Ridley model came from? I need it!

I think it was...anyway, he looked like a mexican skeleton in a nice outfit and had such abilities...and more than that. And i prefer Ridley over anything.
Oh that model...it is from a screencap to the Meta Ridley diorama from prime 3...

-u- they always use a mariachi...a person of MONEY and elegance (el catrin) is rarely known...

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero

Oh that model...it is from a screencap to the Meta Ridley diorama from prime 3...

-u- they always use a mariachi...a person of MONEY and elegance (el catrin) is rarely known...
I'm just yanking your chain and referencing gentlemen thieves and comparing your Ridley to them.

We need like 30 different Ridley relatives with slightly different names anyway, don't you know. :p

AndreaAC

I'm just yanking your chain and referencing gentlemen thieves and comparing your Ridley to them.

We need like 30 different Ridley relatives with slightly different names anyway, don't you know. :p
sigh....sorry sorry....I'm tired and that gets me on a bad mood.... :/ Sorry if I did not get it again...and yeah....comparing my Ridley to fancy thieves....xD

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

D`OH! Why is every model i need unavailable?!...at least i have regular Meta Ridley...

Person of MONEY and elegance...then it isn`t mariachi skeleton.

Apparently he is intelligent and can regenerate. That true?

If my limited understanding of metroid is correct, then there is more then one Ridley correct?

Wasn't too into it at first, but once I started fighting Kraid it started to get really fun. I have the speed booster now, and will continue to play it further. Might even play Metroid Fusion afterwards. Never thought I would have fun with the metroid series. Didn't seem like my kind of series. :p
Yes, it isn`t show in games that much, but is still present.
Yes. There is 3 Ridleys - original, his clone and said clone`s clone...kinda.
Good luck with this game and especially one of its parts - Maridia...

majora_787

Smash Hero
sigh....sorry sorry....I'm tired and that gets me on a bad mood.... :/ Sorry if I did not get it again...and yeah....comparing my Ridley to fancy thieves....xD
Though admittedly pretty sure he's not as fancy as your Ridley. :p There are layers to fanciness here.

AndreaAC

D`OH! Why is every model i need unavailable?!...at least i have regular Meta Ridley...

Person of MONEY and elegance...then it isn`t mariachi skeleton.

Sorry... :( It looks so awesome....

xD and nope, a mariachi and a catrin are totally different things, but they both wear nice outfits.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What pallet swaps should Ridley have? I wonder how white would look on him?
Ridley X (blue team), Super Metroid concept art (red team), Zero Mission concept art (green team), black, Meta Ridley`s colors. Something like that i guess:
But with black and Meta Ridley`s colors instead of Zero Mission (in-game) colors and Firebrand`s colors.
White? Pretty nice actually.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, like I said, interesting character.

I'll probably understand the clone thing the more I play the metroid series...hopefully.

Thanks. :D Also, I do have a general idea of how the game plays out, but not exacts. I believe you are talking about the sand place, and yeah, didn't look too fun but I'll make it through. :3

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This is my Reaction when Ridley is a stage Hazard
Pff. My reaction will be:
Or even
Your reaction isn`t RIDLEY enough.
If he is confirmed, it will be:

Well, like I said, interesting character.

I'll probably understand the clone thing the more I play the metroid series...hopefully.

Thanks. :D Also, I do have a general idea of how the game plays out, but not exacts. I believe you are talking about the sand place, and yeah, didn't look too fun but I'll make it through. :3
Yes it is and it is one of the worst areas in games i ever saw. It is very easy to get lost in Maridia and i got lost even with a guide...maybe its just me...

Also, i found this:

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Pff. My reaction will be:
Or even
Your reaction isn`t RIDLEY enough.
If he is confirmed, it will be:

Yes it is and it is one of the worst areas in games i ever saw. It is very easy to get lost in Maridia and i got lost even with a guide...maybe its just me...

Also, i found this:
Is that some kind of aquatic Ridley with a fishbone for a tail?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
There could be a version of Meta-Ridley's wings or something that's made/adapted for underwater use, like how there was the aquatic version of the flying/jetpack pirates in Prime.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well considering that Ridley killed Samus's parents and that they harbor absolute and deep hatred for each other, I don't really think it would make any sense.:ohwell:
They could sing the song loathing from wicked before eventually becoming best friends and then betraying each other for the wizard but eventually getting together for steamy terrible sex

I'm sorry

I regret nothing

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Damn. My knowledge on Godzilla monsters has been fading away. I must have confused her for someone else entirely. But Feral Chaos is still sort of reptilian in my eyes, so there's that.

So anyways, I've been looking at some videos of True Ogre and, not gonna lie, I would be disappointed if Ridley isn't at least half as brutal as he is.

There's a long-snout version of True Ogre?? That's it, that's it! The only thing lacking between it and Ridley at this point is sheer bulk and the elongated neck. And Other M Ridley already makes adjustments on those!

COME ON NAMCO, PULL THROUGH FOR US!! (Alternative: Come on Sakurai, don't screw this chance up!)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Guys, I found this awesome movie with Ridley in it, Its a must see!!!, being a movie, I'll obviously put it in spoilers to avoid spoilers.

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Guys, I found this awesome movie with Ridley in it, Its a must see!!!, being a movie, I'll obviously put it in spoilers to avoid spoilers.

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:
WOWITSAWESOMEMYHEADCANNONCONTAINAWESOMENESSSOI,BAGANSMASHBROS,SHALLKNOCKYOUALLDOWNJUSTFORFUN!
Its not THAT bad...but it is still bad...at least gameplay and graphics are good.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
This thread is pretty big, but it's still small enough to be used as a character since it's not as big as Ridley.

:troll:

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How did the "ridley's too big" argument even start? What made him get singled out when we already have bowser and ganondorf, and Hades is a highly requested character who nobody calls too big?
No clue but my initial concern regarding Ridley's size back in 2007 was that his default size would be too big that his model would clip through the floating platforms such as the lower ones at Battlefield. I don't mind this if the characters grew bigger with Super Mushrooms or Final Smashes... but not if that's the character's default size. And I'm concerned that he wouldn't look good if his default size was smaller.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
No clue but my initial concern regarding Ridley's size back in 2007 was that his default size would be too big that his model would clip through the floating platforms such as the lower ones at Battlefield. I don't mind this if the characters grew bigger with Super Mushrooms or Final Smashes... but not if that's the character's default size. And I'm concerned that he wouldn't look good if his default size was smaller.
Even through Rosalina can do that without any items?..if SM version will be used, then maybe yes, he would look kinda weird (but i don`t care how weird characters look), but not OM or at least model with such proportions...eh...whatever, its your personal opinion then...

Anyway, we already know that they used design close to OM (or just OM design) and that Ridley is somewhere near Bowser`s size according to our shadow analisys using Ridley`s and Bowser`s shadows on the same stage...and how can i delete my posts if i need to?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My 5 cents:
I don't think Ridley is likely, because I believe that Sakurai's tease was a confirmation of him being a boss. Just not shown off because he's a WIP case.

I do support the chance of him being in though.

Genexican

Smash Cadet
Don't know if anyone's posted this in the thread already, but I feel it should probably be posted nonetheless:
Found it over on 4chan, but it does raise some pretty valid points.
Also, spoilering the pic because it's pretty big. (feel free to make your 2BIGLEY jokes accordingly) :b:

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It happens after level INFINITY+1 if you will use Stone of Awesomeness while eating tako and playing Super Metroid. Don`t forget to kill all of your pokemons except for Ridley unless you want Ridley to kill you.
Except Ridley is undoubtedly a Dragon type so... *brings out Gardevoir* Wait, this one isn't from gen VI, hold on. *looks for Diancie* Shoot that hasn't been released stateside yet. Um, here! *tosses useless Swirlix* Immunity bro!

Why are most of the good Fairy types reconnected Pokemon from past gens...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Except Ridley is undoubtedly a Dragon type so... *brings out Gardevoir* Wait, this one isn't from gen VI, hold on. *looks for Diancie* Shoot that hasn't been released stateside yet. Um, here! *tosses useless Swirlix* Immunity bro!

Ridley at level INFINITY+1 does not cares about game mechanics. He just breaks fourth wall and then breaks player`s head.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284

I could make a rant on why Dragons beat Fairies despite immunity, but that'd be off topic.

Ridley used Earthquake! Swirlix fainted!

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Meta Ridley is steel though :troll:
besidesdragontypesdon'thavetousedragonmovesagainstfariestheycanlearnotherstoojustpointingthatout

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if anyone's posted this in the thread already, but I feel it should probably be posted nonetheless:
Found it over on 4chan, but it does raise some pretty valid points.
Beautiful, just as the character in question

Top Bottom