• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Any shipping with Ridley actually makes no sense not only because he is a space dragon thing, but he also is either racist against "inferiour" specieses or has a superiority complex (it is called so, right?). It was shown in the manga at least...

R0Y

Smash Master
Any shipping with Ridley actually makes no sense not only because he is a space dragon thing, but he also is either racist against "inferiour" specieses or has a superiority complex (it is called so, right?). It was shown in the manga at least...
In the games he's never shown as being racist (at least, I haven't played Other M), just a horrific space pirate leader who could have had plundering and callousness as his main reasons for wiping out Samus' family and settlement. I doubt he harbours a special hate for humans alone, except Samus.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Pretty sure Retro is top priority for Metroid games, and Team Ninja only made Other M because Retro was busy with Donkey Kong Country Returns 1 and 2.

EDIT: I always assumed Ridley was a massive narcissist and just hated everyone else to some extent for not being him.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Ridley X (Insert superior species here)? Dunno what would specifically classify as that though.
Ridley X Metroid Prime?

D

Deleted member

Ridley x Rosalina is best shipping.

That for some reason reminded me of the Ridsalina picture with Rosalina in a Ridley costume, anyone know where that picture is?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
R2A571_0D9A1437AB122_001.gif

Ridley: "-sigh- I think now I have a really good reason to torn your beak apart....you DARED to ask Rosalina about me using my laptop...didn't you?"

Roidley: "..."

Ridley: "I will take that as a yes....and the fact that I act nice around that sweet and lovely woman, does not mean that I will ever be nice to you...you are a disgrace..."

xD Just a random thing....I don't feel in the mood to draw on paper today...

majora_787

Smash Hero
xD I am pretty sure Ridley wouldn't use the words "sweet and lovely" to describe anyone but himself.

Seriously. The man thought, "I need an ultimate superweapon. I know! How about ME." Hell, he prioritized putting his *FACE* on it over giving it a way to fly or even walk properly.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ridley x Palutena for life. They have a lot in common.

Like trying to get the protagonists killed at least once.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Do you think we're ever gonna learn what the deal was with Metroid Prime?

I was always curious about the molted exoskeletons you found on Phaaze.
Wasn't the notion with the Metroid Prime just a mutated Metroid which was further mutated after being brought into the leviathan impact crater in Tallon IV? Then it mutated further by absorbing the Phazon Suit, which was the result of mass phazon from the Omega Pirate contacting the Varia suit?

So basically, a *LOT* oh phazon. Like, I am pretty sure the Metroid Prime is way more phazon than it is Metroid.

Supposedly similar to how Gorea and Ridley went down with being in the phazon cores, except I guess the Metroid Prime got even more ridiculous than that.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Wasn't the notion with the Metroid Prime just a mutated Metroid which was further mutated after being brought into the leviathan impact crater in Tallon IV? Then it mutated further by absorbing the Phazon Suit, which was the result of mass phazon from the Omega Pirate contacting the Varia suit?

So basically, a *LOT* oh phazon. Like, I am pretty sure the Metroid Prime is way more phazon than it is Metroid.
Supposedly, but why would there be old exoskeletons on Phaaze?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Supposedly, but why would there be old exoskeletons on Phaaze?
Exoskeletons? Like the Metroid Prime's old exoskeleton? Well, the space pirates still had access to metroids in Prime 3, and Dark Samus was running the Space Pirates. Maybe Dark Samus brought some metroids to Phaaze with it to make more of it? I mean iirc there were hatchers on Phaaze, weren't there? Or am I remembering wrong?

D

Deleted member

whos dat big boi on de left
Ragnarok, the demon weapon partner of Crona from Soul Eater, he's bossy arrogant and sadistic and essentially pushes Crona around and beats him up.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
In the games he's never shown as being racist (at least, I haven't played Other M), just a horrific space pirate leader who could have had plundering and callousness as his main reasons for wiping out Samus' family and settlement. I doubt he harbours a special hate for humans alone, except Samus.
Well, he never was shown as something other than a mindless monster in games.
Ridley X (Insert superior species here)? Dunno what would specifically classify as that though.
Ridley X Metroid Prime?
Um...everything that is superiour than Ridley - gods, horribly mutated by phazon metroid that look like power suit, Ridley, etc.

D

Deleted member

We need Ridley x R.O.B. :troll:
But that picture is R.O.B. dressing up like Ridley so that he can be accepted by some part of the Smash fanbase since R.O.B.'s inclusion in Brawl was not welcomed by some parts of the fanbase...

I realize that might've been the joke you were trying to make, since this picture doesn't exactly point to any direct relationship between Ridley and R.O.B. but oh well. :ohwell:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeh I'm under the impression at this point that Dark Samus was simply trying to procreate other highly evolved metroids by raising them on Phaaze. Then they would be "Metroid Primes", and not regular metroids. And it would be a ridiculously horrible experience for everyone. Kind of like the Federation being able to mass clone Ridleys and Metroid queens.

It's interesting though. With Gorea and the Metroid Prime it's apparent that if Ridley had been left alone in the Leviathan on the pirate homeworld for a long time, he probably would've become absurdly powerful.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Guys, don't you know?

Get your facts right. :rolleyes:
WAY too big. He's like... SEVEN FEET TALL. That's almost as tall as GANNONDORF, nobody can be as tall as Gannondorf.

I spelled it with three N's for authenticity

EDIT: So did I ever tell the Ridley thread about the time I made a moveset for Phantoon in which he was his canon Other M size? No rescaling. I made it work. I'm insane is basically what I'm saying.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
xD I am pretty sure Ridley wouldn't use the words "sweet and lovely" to describe anyone but himself.

Seriously. The man thought, "I need an ultimate superweapon. I know! How about ME." Hell, he prioritized putting his *FACE* on it over giving it a way to fly or even walk properly.
It says something that the weapons system and resemblance to himself took priority over basic motor functions.

Oh god, Ridley's an American.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It says something that the weapons system and resemblance to himself took priority over basic motor functions.

Oh god, Ridley's an American.
No wonder he went to Samus' colony, killed everyone, and stole everything.

Sorry, this isn't the place for political commentary. :awesome:

But yeah, I made movesets for two monsters from Monster Hunter, Phantoon, and Phaedra/Basaran from Shadow of the Colossus. I think the smallest of the five was slightly bigger than Yellow Devil. I made it work.

Playable characters, folks. ...But RIDLEY is still too big.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
But that picture is R.O.B. dressing up like Ridley so that he can be accepted by some part of the Smash fanbase since R.O.B.'s inclusion in Brawl was not welcomed by some parts of the fanbase...

I realize that might've been the joke you were trying to make, since this picture doesn't exactly point to any direct relationship between Ridley and R.O.B. but oh well. :ohwell:
Ridley: Want do want now you useless (disclaimer, R.O.B. is awesome and anyone who insults him will meet a painful death) robot
R.O.B.: Do you love me now?
Ridley: Where have you been all my life
R.O.B.: We were meant to be together
Ridley: Kiss me, please, kiss me now before its too late
R.O.B.: Nothing can seperate us, I shall wait for you on Pyrosphere if you are a boss, I will play on the same team as you if you are playable, I shall keep you trophy next to me forever
Ridley: But, But what if you don't return?
R.O.B.: What do you mean? You don't honestly think I have a chance to be cut do you?
Ridley: Duh, of coarse you have a chance to be cut, you have a very slim chance of returning.
R.O.B.:.....
Ridley: Sweety? Why are your eyes glowing?
R.O.B.: Thats it, what is the reason this time? I'm unpopular? People love me now! Even Sakurai loves me! Being unpopular isn't a reason to cut someone. What? I'm not relevant? I FREAKING SAVED the video game console industry, your precious Mario would not have gotten on store shelves without me, I was even in Tomadachi Life, I was even called and official Smash Brawler in it. Whats that? I'm going to be replaced by Wii Fit Trainer? That doesn't even make sense! I'm going to be an assist trophy because Colour TV game 15 is one? There isn't even logic behind that. I even have my home stage revealed on 3DS already. Whats that? You don't know what stage that is? Balloon Fight! I represent the NES and that era of gaming, MY home stage in Brawl was even Mario Bros. And you think I might be cut, how dim can you get!
Ridley: But you will be, its so obvious.
R.O.B.:

Ridley: NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo
R.O.B.: ...... What have I done? Now what will I do with my life! Roidley! Come here Roidley

Last edited:

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord

I probably was one of those fans. But I've got to give R.O.B. some credit. He makes a better fighter than a gaming buddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqK5qZ31CN8

And you know what, thinking about Ridley's size in-game makes me think of True Ogre from Tekken. If Namco can make a large winged character work I don't see how Nintendope can't.

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
Guys, don't you know?

Get your facts right. :rolleyes:
Trying to measure the height of Ridley with pixels a la Game Theory, I used the height 6'3 for Samus (which is what wikitroid says her height is, it also says it could be 5'5 which would make Ridley even shorter) and I came out with an extremely rough 7 feet 6 inches.
Yay for being bored!

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Trying to measure the height of Ridley with pixels a la Game Theory, I used the height 6'3 for Samus (which is what wikitroid says her height is, it also says it could be 5'5 which would make Ridley even shorter) and I came out with an extremely rough 7 feet 6 inches.
Yay for being bored!
Back in the days when Ganondorf looked down at Ridley and laughed.

No I'm serious. Because Ganondorf is literally ten feet tall or so in Twilight Princess. It's *RIDICULOUS*. And it's just two feet short of Ridley's usual rough height.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Guys, remember how I was going on about Ridley in Metroid Prime and how he kinda smiles and looks at his claws what appears to be admiration? Well

Whos crazy now? Definitly not me.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Yay for being bored!
She is only 5'5'' in Other M.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Guys, remember how I was going on about Ridley in Metroid Prime and how he kinda smiles and looks at his claws what appears to be admiration? Well

Whos crazy now? Definitly not me.
It's probably because he had just woken up to see how his Meta Ridley body turned out and was admiring how sexy he was now. I'm serious. That's what I think it was.

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
You know I'm surprised no one's come up with another brawl mod moveset for Ridley by now, one with the Roidley model and where he isn't tiny and hovering in place. :/

It doesn't matter who's right. When it comes to me, there is a line with how you act to other people on the internet, and when aggression and stupidity both reach a certain point I just feel like these people need to be slam dunked right back down and told some things.

I literally do not care if he replies, but I feel like someone needed to make it abundantly clear that him being a half-minded twatburger really was not appreciated. If Ridley isn't playable I will have still meant every word I said to him.

But most people at least have the decency to disagree with some level of dignity or respectfulness. But then there's always THOSE PEOPLE who literally do not care about dignity or respect whatsoever.

EDIT: He replied to my post, so there we go. He read it, probably didn't understand a word I said, and is going to cry himself to sleep tonight. Mission accomplished.
That dude get's my freaking blood boiling. I was in the comments a while ago trying to show him a bunch of the reasonable size comparisons we formulated here at the splounge, but he ignorantly shut them down. And just an hour or two ago he just basically told every Ridley supporter a moron... again. I'm sorry, but the insulting of people for their harmless opinions, that's just bigotry in it's purest form. Oy vey.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You know I'm surprised no one's come up with another brawl mod moveset for Ridley by now, one with the Roidley model and where he isn't tiny and hovering in place. :/

That dude get's my freaking blood boiling. I was in the comments a while ago trying to show him a bunch of the reasonable size comparisons we formulated here at the splounge, but he ignorantly shut them down. And just an hour or two ago he just basically told every Ridley supporter a moron... again. I'm sorry, but the insulting of people for their harmless opinions, that's just bigotry in it's purest form. Oy vey.
Basically why I told him to sort out his life and left.

But yeah I dunno. Today on Ridley thread we basically learned Ridley is sexually attracted to himself AND metal ESPECIALLY when you combine the two, and that Ganondorf is barely shorter than he is. :troll:

What a time to be alive.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's probably because he had just woken up to see how his Meta Ridley body turned out and was admiring how sexy he was now. I'm serious. That's what I think it was.
His claws are a part of his body.
I get a "look at these babies" vibe from this scene.

D

Deleted member

I probably was one of those fans. But I've got to give R.O.B. some credit. He makes a better fighter than a gaming buddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqK5qZ31CN8

And you know what, thinking about Ridley's size in-game makes me think of True Ogre from Tekken. If Namco can make a large winged character work I don't see how Nintendope can't.
And Namco just happens to be working on Smash 4 with Sakurai.

Which means Ridley has a better chance now than ever, since Namco has experience with creating characters with abstract models.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

/old knowledge

This ^ has convinced me that I should run the Lounge's own Redundancy Department Department.

I'm really not funny.

Top Bottom