• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I hope that I dont miss the big 1000, especially since I value sleep. Activate the the thread shrinker dinker.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh well, at least it's still faithful to character as it is so damn annoying.

BTW, what's with that "Pranked!" below your username? I've seen it a lot and don't know what it means...
I could prank you if you want to find out.

Oh, in Ridley's name of course.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
BTW, what's with that "Pranked!" below your username? I've seen it a lot and don't know what it means...
So, question

I never actually see double posts, even when people refer to them

does the board automatically correct them now? Or is that super mod powers?
I echo both these questions. Is there some sort of conspiracy underfoot we're not aware of here? :ohwell:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So, question

I never actually see double posts, even when people refer to them

does the board automatically correct them now? Or is that super mod powers?
It was corrected via mod super powers. Though that just makes people like me who do that look even stupider

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I couldn't resist. I watched that detractor's video and ripped a new asshole between his eyes. I am sick of such stupid, stupid slobbering manchildren opening their mouths and acting like they know what they are talking about. I literally do not care if people want Ridley or not, but there is a line you can cross where someone needs to tell you to stop acting like an ostrich and ramming your skull up your colon.

EDIT: Ironically, I'm in a better mood after doing that than I was earlier. So there's that.

Throwing around the term "real metroid fan" and then displaying literally the most shallow and inaccurate understanding of how anything works... I swear to god.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
???

I'd much rather have Ridley playable than Groose. Just saying.
While I am surprised to see you actually respond, I was replying to a comment which was talking about Hyrule Warriors xD which admittedly was very off topic
Either that or I'm dumb and am misinterpreting your statement

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Seriously though, that guy was the most aggravatingly stupid person I have ever met. I consider myself PRETTY well versed in how Metroid is as a series. Like I put way more of an effort into 'getting it' than the average person, and have played more games in it than most people bother. And I don't pull this "real fan crap". So when someone sits around and says something blatantly wrong, aggressively moronic, *AND* pulls the "real fan" card, someone needs to give them something to chew on.

I'm at least glad most detractors aren't *QUITE* at that level, even if they get pretty close. r__r

EDIT: On second thought, maybe Detractor Devourer is accurate. I just could not make myself push punches with that sobbing whining manchild.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn't the guy in that video show up in this thread a little bit ago and throw around some pathetic and unintelligent thoughts while also annoying everyone? When I went to watch the video I recognized the name and Avatar.

The idiocy of some people never ceases to amaze me. :laugh:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I have a hard time remembering people to be honest. I look at the content of the posts and usually never at usernames or avatars. :rolleyes: So maybe they did. I wouldn't know. That doesn't change my overwhelmingly negative impression of them.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Didn't the guy in that video show up in this thread a little bit ago and throw around some pathetic and unintelligent thoughts while also annoying everyone? When I went to watch the video I recognized the name and Avatar.

The idiocy of some people never ceases to amaze me. :laugh:
Yeah, he said he 'didn't care if Ridley was playable or not....' and 'I was just trolling.'

That's a load of Crocomire Crap, if y'all catch my drift.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeah, he said he 'didn't care if Ridley was playable or not....' and 'I was just trolling.'

That's a load of Crocomire Crap, if y'all catch my drift.
It's the saddest backpedaling ever. I'm willing to sit here and acknowledge freely that I was absolutely against Miis and Pac-Man being included. You can't do this thing where you act like a slobbering mindless manchild and then go "I didn't actually mean anything I said when I was being 100% serious. I just realized that I'm probably wrong and don't want to ACTUALLY be wrong in front of all my kool interweb frenz :c"

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Eh, I've only watched my brother play through the first two Primes and Fusion. My first Metroid game that I played and enjoyed was Fusion, then I moved on to Corruption. I have yet to play the NES Metroid, Return of Samus, and Hunters. Super Metroid was my last Metroid game that I actually played, owing to the Wii U eShop. I like to think I'm a Metroid fan, but then again I barely noticed Fusion's linearity and couldn't get past Super's clumsy controls, so I might be a filthy casual scrub.

Also, is it just me or do more "hardcore" Metroid and Smash fans feel more against Ridley's inclusion than a casual fan? A friend of mine who isn't that much of a Metroid fan easily became swayed from the "Ridley is too big" argument after I showed him the NES Ridley.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Seriously though, that guy was the most aggravatingly stupid person I have ever met. I consider myself PRETTY well versed in how Metroid is as a series. Like I put way more of an effort into 'getting it' than the average person, and have played more games in it than most people bother. And I don't pull this "real fan crap". So when someone sits around and says something blatantly wrong, aggressively moronic, *AND* pulls the "real fan" card, someone needs to give them something to chew on.

I'm at least glad most detractors aren't *QUITE* at that level, even if they get pretty close. r__r

EDIT: On second thought, maybe Detractor Devourer is accurate. I just could not make myself push punches with that sobbing whining manchild.
You see, I don't even bother confronting them. I'm perfectly content to just sit back and wait. At the end, we'll see who's right.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter who's right. When it comes to me, there is a line with how you act to other people on the internet, and when aggression and stupidity both reach a certain point I just feel like these people need to be slam dunked right back down and told some things.

I literally do not care if he replies, but I feel like someone needed to make it abundantly clear that him being a half-minded twatburger really was not appreciated. If Ridley isn't playable I will have still meant every word I said to him.

But most people at least have the decency to disagree with some level of dignity or respectfulness. But then there's always THOSE PEOPLE who literally do not care about dignity or respect whatsoever.

EDIT: He replied to my post, so there we go. He read it, probably didn't understand a word I said, and is going to cry himself to sleep tonight. Mission accomplished.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Man, I really hope Ridley is playable. I mean, for once, can I get a Smash Bros newcomer I actually love*? It'll be so sweet...

*Okay, aside from Greninja.
I am still waiting for a new character who just by seeing them in the game I can go "I WANT TO PLAY AS THEM. I have not seen them in action nor do I know how they work but I demand to play as them now". Ridley will probably be that guy.

Gusto

Smash Cadet
Rosalina is taller than Ridley. Therefore, Rosalina is too big.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It doesn't matter who's right. When it comes to me, there is a line with how you act to other people on the internet, and when aggression and stupidity both reach a certain point I just feel like these people need to be slam dunked right back down and told some things.

I literally do not care if he replies, but I feel like someone needed to make it abundantly clear that him being a half-minded twatburger really was not appreciated. If Ridley isn't playable I will have still meant every word I said to him.

But most people at least have the decency to disagree with some level of dignity or respectfulness. But then there's always THOSE PEOPLE who literally do not care about dignity or respect whatsoever.

EDIT: He replied to my post, so there we go. He read it, probably didn't understand a word I said, and is going to cry himself to sleep tonight. Mission accomplished.
Except, stupidity is a highly resistant thing. You could put an idiot before the wisest man on the planet, and the idiot wouldn't be any smarter afterwards.

Bottom line, you can't reason with someone like that, no matter how hard you try.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I am still waiting for a new character who just by seeing them in the game I can go "I WANT TO PLAY AS THEM. I have not seen them in action nor do I know how they work but I demand to play as them now". Ridley will probably be that guy.
Well, when I saw that Charizard is flying solo and Bowser actually sucks less, I kind of got that feeling, but no where to the point where I would get it Ridley/K. Rool were playable.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
This was pretty much everyone's reaction to Pit back at E3 2006.

EDIT: At least in the HOLY **** I DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS BUT I WANNA PLAY AS HIM sense of hype.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Which is why I left my 50 cents there, I literally could not care less what he had to say in response. :troll:

Man, I need something in August to get me pumped back up for SSB4's newcomers. Ridley MIGHT happen but I'm pretty sure he's a post-release character. :Y

EDIT: Yeah, that was my reaction to Meta Knight mostly in 2006. Also Pit though. Both of them were pretty hype-inducing for me.

Nobody's done that for me yet here though.

EDIT: I didn't mean the "I DON'T KNOW THEM BUT" kind of hype, just a character you see where you just go "I am trying to main them even though I don't even know what they do or how they play." Ridley would do that. So would Mewtwo. Or Medusa. K. Rool too. Definitely. Yeah.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
You know, I always found it funny that on the back of Melee, it says something like, "Play as all your favorite Nintendo All-stars, like Mario, Kirby, and Ice Climbers!"

I dunno about you, but I don't know a single person whose favorite Nintendo Character is Ice Climbers to warrant putting them on the back before Samus, Pikachu, or even Link!

As for hype inducers from ye olde Brawl days, I couldn't give a rat about Pit. Meta Knight, though, got my attention nice and clear. If Only Ridley will come and save us from the world of mediogre rosters.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Which is why I left my 50 cents there, I literally could not care less what he had to say in response. :troll:

Man, I need something in August to get me pumped back up for SSB4's newcomers. Ridley MIGHT happen but I'm pretty sure he's a post-release character. :Y

EDIT: Yeah, that was my reaction to Meta Knight mostly in 2006. Also Pit though. Both of them were pretty hype-inducing for me.

Nobody's done that for me yet here though.

EDIT: I didn't mean the "I DON'T KNOW THEM BUT" kind of hype, just a character you see where you just go "I am trying to main them even though I don't even know what they do or how they play." Ridley would do that. So would Mewtwo. Or Medusa. K. Rool too. Definitely. Yeah.
I wasn't in the gaming scene pre-Brawl, so I missed all the fun.

For this round however, Palutena has come closest to that maximum level of hype, but her reveal was kinda spoiled for me thanks to leaks. It's now up to Ridley to deliver that ultimate excitement, and K. Rool to an ever-so-slightly less extent as well.

majora_787

Smash Hero
There are a few characters who can explode my hype, and I feel good about all of their chances. It's sad though because it seems like they'd all be hidden characters this time around. :Y

majora_787

Smash Hero
Zero Suit Samus will forever remain my most hated character in the series until Ridley is confirmed.

/sortofjoking
While I dislike Zero Suit Samus conceptually in and out of the Metroid series, there are characters I dislike more. I just won't elaborate because I don't want people to throw things at my face. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

There are a few characters who can explode my hype, and I feel good about all of their chances. It's sad though because it seems like they'd all be hidden characters this time around. :Y
For me it'd be the Villainous Big 4, revamped Mewtwo*, Ridley, revamped Ganondorf, and K. Rool in that order of absolute want.

If I got all 4 of them I would go batsh*t crazy out of joy.

*Yes I know Mewtwo technically isn't a "villain" and is really only misunderstood, but his sociopathic nature is enough for me to group him with the other three.

While we're on the subject of characters we hate, I hate G&W with every fiber of my being, I also hate Toon Link (I abhor the fact that he is still a Link semi-clone and that two Links exist instead of a different Zelda Rep) and hated Brawl Sonic (the fact that 2 of his special moves were essentially the same in appearance is the major thing).

Let it be known that I actually do quite like the Sonic games and the games with Toon Link within their own franchises.

Last edited by a moderator:

R0Y

Smash Master
I'm pleasantly surprised I never saw Ridley X Zero Suit Samus shipping fan art in this thread :p

D

Deleted member

I'm pleasantly surprised I never saw Ridley X Zero Suit Samus shipping fan art in this thread :p
Well considering that Ridley killed Samus's parents and that they harbor absolute and deep hatred for each other, I don't really think it would make any sense.:ohwell:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Oh I know, but fan shipping rarely makes sense :p
It can, it just has to makes sense. ;)

I wanna see a two-headed Ridley. If whoever's making the next Metroid game could make that make sense within the context of their game I would get stoked regularly up until its release.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
In regards to the roster, it just seems a bit... lackluster to me right now. There are some interesting characters, but none that'd make me jump up and down. I'm more hyped to play as higher tier Bowser than any currently revealed newcomers, honestly.

I hope they pull some seriously good newcomers out of their hats in August, even if not Ridley himself.

R0Y

Smash Master
It can, it just has to makes sense. ;)

I wanna see a two-headed Ridley. If whoever's making the next Metroid game could make that make sense within the context of their game I would get stoked regularly up until its release.
He already is.

Seriously though, I hope Retro is making the next 3D Metroid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom