• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Hong

The Strongest
That's a Rid(ley)iculous suggestion, stop. Even if it's a joke, it's not funny, never has been and never will be =/

Edit: Sorry, I'm not targeting you, it's just that I've just seen the joke so many times on the internet that it gets irritating, so when you posted it it set me off. Apologies if I seemed rude.
I like to keep things light-hearted around here. We can't choose whether or not Ridley will be in the game as a playable character, but what we can choose is whether or not we've had fun along the way. This way, no matter what, we always win.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
That's a Rid(ley)iculous suggestion, stop. Even if it's a joke, it's not funny, never has been and never will be =/

Edit: Sorry, I'm not targeting you, it's just that I've just seen the joke so many times on the internet that it gets irritating, so when you posted it it set me off. Apologies if I seemed rude.
It's funny, because I've been doing size comparisons for forever, and I'm probably the only person on this thread that genuinely thought Ridley would be too small.
Yeah, I'm now settled on this size:

But boy, you should have seen me back when I first started.
rtail copy.png

Yeah, don't ask what I was smoking that day.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Every time I see that pic I can only think of this.

View attachment 17063
I had always loved BiTF, but when he put out that comic it became worship xD

It's funny, because I've been doing size comparisons for forever, and I'm probably the only person on this thread that genuinely thought Ridley would be too small.
Yeah, I'm now settled on this size:

But boy, you should have seen me back when I first started.
View attachment 17064
Yeah, don't ask what I was smoking that day.
You just mistook Ridley for a pokemon. I hear Other M does that to people

^ - Nintendo does not want to have to have to include a 1TB harddrive with every copy of Smash 4 just so HD Ridley can fit.
Do you remember that E3 quote from like 2006 or something, back when the wii was brand new, and some asked why it didn't have a hard drive, and the Nintendo rep (it wasn't reggie) said something along the lines of
The Wii is like a refrigerator, it doesn't need a hard drive?

That's when Ridley was really deconfirmed for brawl

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
The issue with Nabbit is this: We've known about Pyrosphere for nearly a year. At E3 2014, we knew about Mushroom Kingdom U for maybe a week. The notion that Pyrosphere was unfinished after at the very least eight months of work is ridiculous. What Nabbit proves is that Pyrosphere wasn't excluded because it was unfinished. Why was it excluded? Shrug.

But I would hardly call it bad news for Ridley.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The stage could have been excluded for a number of reasons. The first main issue is we do not know when this demo build was put together as they are often put together many months in advance of when they are shown. It could be there were some technical issues that broke the stage in a way that couldn't include it in the demo, it could be that there were aspects of the stage they didn't want to reveal or couldn't leave out like they did with Nabbit in this case, or the simpliest answer could be that they simply chose not to.

Thing is I'm not sure I would consider Pyrosphere not being included as a sign or anything as even the order we are shown things aren't necessarily an indication of progress on something.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
One million views?

...woah

...one million views.
*insert Dr. Evil fanfare*

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Fitting. 1 mil views same day I break the like/post ratio. Sakurai is smiling on me

Btw thanks for that, Ridley thread denziens. It only took like 800 posts to do it, because you guys like just about anything I post here. Seriously, go outside or something, my humor is terrible.

edit - And this is the first post on page 993, like my name, 93. Truly, the stars have aligned

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
We still need to reach one thousand pages, but we should try to remain on-topic.

So, um...how about those tubes on Pyrosphere? Any idea on what they do? They didn't exist in Other M.

majora_787

Smash Hero
We still need to reach one thousand pages, but we should try to remain on-topic.

So, um...how about those tubes on Pyrosphere? Any idea on what they do? They didn't exist in Other M.
Possibly a sort of signal for an actual hazard like Vorash or something. Or a hovery kind of thing or signal that the stage is going to move to another area of the Pyrosphere. The third thing I can think of just seems way too uh... I dunno. Excessive? Like some kind of ledge hazard with explosive or shocking tubes or something? Got no idea.

D

Deleted member

Wait, purple tubes, Ridley is purple. I bet the day of the Direct, we will get something like this:
"PotD. When the purple tubes below Pyrosphere flash, it means something BIG is coming, but, it's name can't fit in a simple pic, so, you'll have to wait for today's Direct"

Hong

The Strongest
I personally hope they are electrified. It would really limit the amount of time you can spend on the ledge.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I personally hope they are electrified. It would really limit the amount of time you can spend on the ledge.
I know it's unlikely, but I hope Pyrosphere has no Stage Hazards(again, very unlikely). I'd like to see a metroid stage in competitive for once.

Hong

The Strongest
I know it's unlikely, but I hope Pyrosphere has no Stage Hazards(again, very unlikely). I'd like to see a metroid stage in competitive for once.
We play on Planet Zebes in 64.:troll:

Though admittedly, if we had Battlefield, FD and Smashville, even glorious Hyrule Castle would be in danger of ban.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Frigate Orpheon was legal in Brawl for 90% of its life time and 98% of the events which mattered~
Oh wow, I completely forgot Frigate.... one of my favorite stages in Brawl too.

We're gonna have a FD version of the stage regardless.
Mhm, It'd be cool if you could just turn stage hazards off. Period. Without affecting the stage size or layout.

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
We're gonna have a FD version of the stage regardless.
I don't really understand why we have to have a FD version of Battlefield, but yeah, we already have one of Pyrosphere. The only differences now are that the platforms are gone, and that the stage is a little smaller.

Someone made a good point on the stage's size, that it wasn't made large just for the possibility of Hazardly, but that it's a stage that benefits ranged characters like Samus. Which means that it's the perfect home stage for her.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I honestly wasn't a fan of Frigate. I loved what they used for it, but I think they could've done something a bit better than stage flipping. :Y Like swarms of parasites or something, I don't know.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I don't really understand why we have to have a FD version of Battlefield, but yeah, we already have one of Pyrosphere. The only differences now are that the platforms are gone, and that the stage is a little smaller.
Ever since they announced FD versions and Bosses, I thought about this; what if the original Final Destination has the complete opposite of a FD mode (Maybe Hazard mode or something clever) where Master Hand shows up on the stage and can be defeated? I feel like that would be a cool touch to add in.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ever since they announced FD versions and Bosses, I thought about this; what if the original Final Destination has the complete opposite of a FD mode (Maybe Hazard mode or something clever) where Master Hand shows up on the stage and can be defeated? I feel like that would be a cool touch to add in.
Master Hand functions like an actual boss and not like a glorified stage hazard though, so wouldn't that be a little weird? For the game to only have one good boss, I mean. :troll:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So like, Pyrosphere has been teased endlessly, but other stages, like Kalos league (equally fitting for a boss, rayquaza again? some giant pokemon) have been barely shown. (no fox stage?)

It makes me think that the bosses they are hiding are on those stages, not the one with 30 million odd screenshots.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I think Star Fox, Donkey Kong, and Kirby are going to have boss hazards on their stages, on the basis that it's been over a year since SSB4's first trailer and we have yet to learn anything about them.

Kalos League could probably have one, although I seriously doubt it's Rayquaza.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think Star Fox, Donkey Kong, and Kirby are going to have boss hazards on their stages, on the basis that it's been over a year since SSB4's first trailer and we have yet to learn anything about them.

Yeah, it doesn't fit as much. Some other big poke

I think Whispy woods is the kirby boss. He's already been in smash, why not make it official, xD.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, it doesn't fit as much. Some other big poke

I think Whispy woods is the kirby boss. He's already been in smash, why not make it official, xD.
Kracko would be my ideal Kirby Stage Boss:

Floating around shooting lightning, ramming players on the stage, etc.

In fact I think a Kirby stage that broke from the typical Green Greens style would be a nice change of pace.

On topic:
The pic today solidified my Playabley belief even more, seeing as how it confirms that the New Super Mario Bros U. stage was actually unfinished for the E3 Demo Build, whereas Pyrosphere still has yet to be shown a significant amount with regards to Stage Hazards and general gameplay. Sakurai is clearly hiding something BIG, although we basically knew that much already. :glare:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

I think the Kirby boss would be Galacta Knight. Just imagine his moves against all of the players!

Video for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FisnGIkUny0

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Kracko would be my ideal Kirby Stage Boss:

Floating around shooting lightning, ramming players on the stage, etc.

In fact I think a Kirby stage that broke from the typical Green Greens style would be a nice change of pace.

On topic:
The pic today solidified my Playabley belief even more, seeing as how it confirms that the New Super Mario Bros U. stage was actually unfinished for the E3 Demo Build, whereas Pyrosphere still has yet to be shown a significant amount with regards to Stage Hazards and general gameplay. Sakurai is clearly hiding something BIG, although we basically knew that much already. :glare:
Yeah, I forgot about this guy. He was a ***** in nightmare in dreamland, sometimes. I agree, a new kind of kirby stage would be well appreciated.

And I agree with your point on the PotD, too. Unfinished stages playable at the demo, but no pyrosphere? sakuraiiiiii

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075
My personal favorite is: "Ridley is a really dumb choice, let's include Crash, Spyro, Shadow and Goku instead"
I've seen rosters that literally include the many characters possible, but no Ridley because "it's dumb", let me find some..
EDIT: Found more than I expected
It's totally understandable to have this amount of Pokemon reps, one-shot characters and a character that isn't even the protagonist from a game that doesn't have a rep, Ridley? Too big!

Let's replace every important character with one-shots, makes sense, doesn't?

I'm not being realistic, it's just my dream roster, Ridley? How the heck do you think he could be playable?

An my personal favorite

Every single character I want in the game, that's gonna be the final roster

It's like Ridley can't be even imagined, but ALL those characters are okay
For the last one, I support Barney,Agumon,Daxter,Pinkie Pie,Steve,Wall-E and Carl Johnson instead of someone who is a Nintendo/video game character and has appeared on a Nintendo console *Sarcasm*

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I forgot about this guy. He was a ***** in nightmare in dreamland, sometimes. I agree, a new kind of kirby stage would be well appreciated.

And I agree with your point on the PotD, too. Unfinished stages playable at the demo, but no pyrosphere? sakuraiiiiii
Dear Masahiro Sakurai:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
The stage could have been excluded for a number of reasons. The first main issue is we do not know when this demo build was put together as they are often put together many months in advance of when they are shown. It could be there were some technical issues that broke the stage in a way that couldn't include it in the demo, it could be that there were aspects of the stage they didn't want to reveal or couldn't leave out like they did with Nabbit in this case, or the simpliest answer could be that they simply chose not to.

Thing is I'm not sure I would consider Pyrosphere not being included as a sign or anything as even the order we are shown things aren't necessarily an indication of progress on something.
Eh, I don't think the demo was built months ago. You can see differences between gameplay in trailers and footage at E3 (which someone other then me can show because I'm too lazy atm). Could be a while ago sure, but it couldn't so old as put together last year or something either.

Top Bottom