• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

Eh, I don't think the demo was built months ago. You can see differences between gameplay in trailers and footage at E3 (which someone other then me can show because I'm too lazy atm). Could be a while ago sure, but it couldn't so old as put together last year or something either.
As I've heard it was a build that was from before the build/gameplay shown in the April Smash Direct, but like you said, I don't imagine it would be much older than that.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I have now started to wonder about the possibilities of Ridley being an item...:denzel:

Your thoughts?

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I have now started to wonder about the possibilities of Ridley being an item...:denzel:

Your thoughts?
"You've waited all this time... so I present to you Ridley, in the month of August; Super Smash Bros. 4's very own Ridley assist trophy! Ridley can truly join any battle!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
"You've waited all this time... so I present to you Ridley, in the month of August; Super Smash Bros. 4's very own Ridley assist trophy! Ridley can truly join any battle!
TBH, I would vastly prefer that over a boss hazard Ridley.

D

Deleted member

Your thoughts?
The only thing I can think is that Ridley would act similar to the Cuccos, where once thrown, if he makes contact with a player, he will mercilessly assail and pursue the player he ran into, or even better, ride their face like a Jockey from L4D dealing damage and taking some character control away from the affected player. BUT, if the player who picks him up initially holds on to long, Ridley will turn on said player, as he doesn't like to be carried and swung around like some stuffed animal.

OR even better, Ridley acts like a weapon, the player picks him and swings him around like a Flail (holding him by his tail, (that rhyme was totally intentional), while Ridley bites and claws at any opponents in range of the weapon.

OR Ridley acts like a Rabid Chain Chomp, pulling the player (who is holding on to his tail) around the stage as he tries to hunt down the other players.

Of course, for these scenarios Ridley might be smaller, but maybe he could be the size of the Hammers?

Oh and by the way, if Samus or ZSS is in the game, Ridley will only go for them, and if Samus or ZSS picks up the Ridley item, he will only attack them.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
He'd be like a super mushroom but 12 of them

You get it and insta - SD because you're so big you hit the stage boundaries.
And if Kraid was an item, the game would instantly overheat the Wii U (or 3DS) and destroy it.

R0Y

Smash Master
I'm as sure of Ridley being playable as I'm sure of Link being a male in Zelda U:

D

Deleted member

At page 1000 Ridley will grow out of our screens and tell us to our faces that Ridley is playable. Then Sakurai will play the villains trailer and BAM. The internet explodes.
Or better yet, at page 1000 we reach page 1000. :troll:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I was arguing with a toobigger about Ridley's size on miiverse, and he told me that Ridley's Prime 2 appearance was "proof" that he was too big. It's been a while since I played Prime 2 but for the life of me I can't remember Ridley being in that game. Where was he in prime 2?

Morbi

Scavenger
I was arguing with a toobigger about Ridley's size on miiverse, and he told me that Ridley's Prime 2 appearance was "proof" that he was too big. It's been a while since I played Prime 2 but for the life of me I can't remember Ridley being in that game. Where was he in prime 2?
Are you being sarcastic?

Ridley was not in that game... unless that is the joke. In that event, you got me!

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
He was in the sky during the final boss fight with Dark Samus. You just have to squint really hard.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I honestly wanted us to get a Ridley reveal on page 1000; unfortunately the thread moves far too fast.
Let's close it when we reach it.

Not that a break from the entire Ridley argument would be much of a bad thing honestly.
We're just hurting ourselves at this point.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Are you being sarcastic?

Ridley was not in that game... unless that is the joke. In that event, you got me!
Yes, that was sarcasm. I'm actually playing through the prime trilogy right now. The part about the toobigger saying Ridley's prime 2 appearance was "proof" however, is true. How stupid do you have to be to use one of the very few games he actually wasn't in as your main proof? I just don't understand toobiggers...

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I had a little talk with a Miiversian some time ago, he said Ridley could never be playable because Mother Brain was an AT, no other Metroid character could ever do better than her (the guy only had played the NES game).
Miiverse makes GameFAQs user base look like geniouses sometimes.

To be fair, the guy just didn't know stuff and was very open to learn about the Metroid and other games canon.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Are you being sarcastic?

Unless they meant Dark Meta Ridley, who is in fact a very real thing that like Meta Kraid exists only in conceptual art and whatonot. He'd easily have been the largest Ridley has ever been, at literally over twenty feet tall.

But like I said. Dark Meta Ridley was only a concept and never made it into the final game, so he can't be used in arguments for or against Ridley seriously.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes, that was sarcasm. I'm actually playing through the prime trilogy right now. The part about the toobigger saying Ridley's prime 2 appearance was "proof" however, is true. How stupid do you have to be to use one of the very few games he actually wasn't in as your main proof? I just don't understand toobiggers...
Just another example of a person that is probably just fine if Bowser gets included and will totally accept his size but not Ridley.

I mean it's not like Bowser of all characters gets his size changed all the time:

But no, that's okay, it's perfectly acceptable if Bowser can be 10 times Mario's size in Mario Games and then be resized to be a little more than twice his size in Smash Bros.

But Ridley though?

He's WAAAYYYY TOO BIG.

He can never be resized at all, completely out of the question.

He's always been at least 2-3 times Samus's size and could NEVER be smaller and closer to her height.

Oh wait...

The stupidity of Toobigots will always be beyond my comprehension. :facepalm:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Unless they meant Dark Meta Ridley, who is in fact a very real thing that like Meta Kraid exists only in conceptual art and whatonot. He'd easily have been the largest Ridley has ever been, at literally over twenty feet tall.

But like I said. Dark Meta Ridley was only a concept and never made it into the final game, so he can't be used in arguments for or against Ridley seriously.

All hail the mighty war turkey

[collapse=in case anyone doesn't know what a turkey looks like]

also ..

Mario can't be in Smash he's bigger than Bowser

Last edited:
Top Bottom