• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
And you know what, thinking about Ridley's size in-game makes me think of True Ogre from Tekken. If Namco can make a large winged character work I don't see how Nintendope can't.
There also is Biollante (Godzilla Unleashed) and Feral Chaos (Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy)...and few other big playable characters that i forgot...
Guys, remember how I was going on about Ridley in Metroid Prime and how he kinda smiles and looks at his claws what appears to be admiration? Well

Whos crazy now? Definitly not me.
He doesn`t smiles. His mouth can`t move like that - it can go only up and down...and rotate in unnatural way. His model just can`t do that.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Wrong. Ridley is just always smiling, because he is either killing people, which makes him happy, or he's himself, who he considers insanely beautiful, which also makes him happy.

True story.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Wrong. Ridley is just always smiling, because he is either killing people, which makes him happy, or he's himself, who he considers insanely beautiful, which also makes him happy.

True story.
I have now given Ridley a voice, and that voice is Bender.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
There also is Biollante (Godzilla Unleashed) and Feral Chaos (Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy)...and few other big playable characters that i forgot...

He doesn`t smiles. His mouth can`t move like that - it can go only up and down...and rotate in unnatural way. His model just can`t do that.
Then he has a permanant smile on his face because that looks alot like a smile to me, and maybe they designed the model so that when he opens his mouth like that, it looks like he is smiling, that second picture definitily looks like he has a big grin on his face.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

All of a sudden, I had this mental image of Ridley, Feral Chaos, Ogre, Firebrand, and Charizard grouped together in a photo.

"Winged Reptilian Fighters, unite!"

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

True story.
But he can`t smile and never did so, even while killing one of those Chozo guys or pwning Samus...
All of a sudden, I had this mental image of Ridley, Feral Chaos, Ogre, Firebrand, Biollante, and Charizard grouped together in a photo.

"Winged Reptilian Fighters, unite!"
Biollante has no wings...and just no limbs...while Feral Chaos is not a reptile or something close to it.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Biollante has no wings...and just no limbs...while Feral Chaos is not a reptile or something close to it.
Damn. My knowledge on Godzilla monsters has been fading away. I must have confused her for someone else entirely. But Feral Chaos is still sort of reptilian in my eyes, so there's that.

So anyways, I've been looking at some videos of True Ogre and, not gonna lie, I would be disappointed if Ridley isn't at least half as brutal as he is.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0219.JPG
-u- Ok...I got bored so I did this really quick sketch....

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING
I would honestly crap my pants if playable!Ridley was actually smaller than his NES incarnation.

Which is why I don't expect it to happen.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Nope. Stop crushing my dreams. Stop it. Nope. No. I don't appreciate this thing you're doing to my dreams, Steven. Cut it out.
ABANDON DREAMS. OBEY RIDLEY. RIDLEY FOR SMASH 4.
Damn. My knowledge on Godzilla monsters has been fading away. I must have confused her for someone else entirely. But Feral Chaos is still sort of reptilian in my eyes, so there's that.

So anyways, I've been looking at some videos of True Ogre and, not gonna lie, I would be disappointed if Ridley isn't at least half as brutal as he is.

King Ghidorah or Rodan?

I thought he was a trash tier like Ganondorf...Anyway, Feral Chaos looks more brutal with attacks like "Brutal" (or it was called "Destroy"?), "Quo Radis", "Nexus Ultimus" (final part of his EX Burst), etc., than True Ogre...at least i think so.

majora_787

Smash Hero

King Ghidorah or Rodan?

I thought he was a trash tier like Ganondorf...Anyway, Feral Chaos looks more brutal with attacks like "Brutal" (or it was called "Destroy"?), "Quo Radis", "Nexus Ultimus" (final part of his EX Burst), etc., than True Ogre...at least i think so.
Sick of your crap, Steven.

Also this is the most bizarre thread sometimes. xD

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

King Ghidorah or Rodan?

Neither. The Godzilla monster I had in my mental vision was most likely Destroyah, who I somehow gave the name "Biollante".

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
UM....I can't let you do that..... :( I'm sorry...
SORRY, BUT I CAN`T LET YOU DO THAT.
...sorry, i just couldn`t resist...nice art anyway. Ridley kinda reminds me of that Disney skeleton guy.
Sick of your crap, Steven.

Also this is the most bizarre thread sometimes. xD
OBEY. THOSE WHO REFUSE TO OBEY WILL BE ELIMINATED. BOW BEFORE RIDLEY. OBEY RIDLEY. SUPPORT RIDLEY FOR SMASH 4 AND YOU WILL GET FREE DRINKS.
Neither. The Godzilla monster I had in my mental vision was most likely Destroyah, who I somehow gave the name "Biollante".
Oh...he isn`t reptile, so, i didn`t thought of him first.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
UM....I can't let you do that..... :( I'm sorry...please...don't use it...
You have the right to deny him permission, but for next time, try to bring out your inner Star Wolf. :p

Your supposed to say that "he isn't authorized to use that"
Hush, you. We're not allowed to talk about "He Who Must Not Be Named" here.

AndreaAC

Show me Catrin Ridley then because i never saw it.
SCAN0198 (2).JPG

Those are the sketches on paper....the first one being just in B/W and the other with brighter colors...his "normal" form and the other his "soul stealer/grim reaper" form...his is based from a character from a mexican tradition (day of the dead)...called "el catrin" which is a well dressed person and elegant (it literally means "dandy").

IF SOMEONE DARES TO USE MY SKETCHES/DRAWINGS AGAIN, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN...or at least tell you that you can't use it, IT IS MY WORK.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hush, you. We're not allowed to talk about "He Who Must Not Be Named" here.
Did you meant Vo- *gets crushed*
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Can I have a picture of your Ridley model in an "idle" or relaxed position? I'm expecting a height between this and this:

Here `ya go:

It doesn`t matters which head since its just his size...right? Anyway, resize him if you need.
View attachment 16999
Those are the sketches on paper....the first one being just in B/W and the other with brighter colors...his "normal" form and the other his "soul stealer/grimm reaper" form...his is based from a character from mexican tradition (day of the dead)...called "el catrin" which is a well dressed person and elegant (it literally means "dandy").
Reminds me of that guy from Guacamelee game. Looks better than Jack Skeleton Ridley...and kinda creepy...like Ridley.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I just found this on Deviantart and I wanted to show it to all of you:

What could have been: Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash.

AndreaAC

Here `ya go:

It doesn`t matters which head since its just his size...right? Anyway, resize him if you need.

Reminds me of that guy from Guacamelee game. Looks better than Jack Skeleton Ridley...and kinda creepy...like Ridley.
It is a mariachi skeleton? (I looked for it) if it is that one...meh. I prefer my concept...

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Here `ya go:

How's this look?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Such a...passionate approach.
The passion on this thread is real. Its not even like the Krystal thread where its rooted in subtle sexual tendencies and rule 63 or the Geno thread where its rooted on strong nostalgia and childhood memories (NOT THAT I'M INSULTING SUPPORTERS OF THESE CHARACTERS).

No, Ridley's supporters are intelligent, logically-thinking, like-minded individuals with heart and soul to give to the mighty space dragon. They're rampant, fanatical and slightly bats*** about him, but the passion they have is genuine. To these people, Ridley is the greatest candidate for a newcomer in Smash, a Nintendo icon and a worthy example of Metroid greatness. And NO amount of doubt, dissent or counter-arguing will change their minds. Only an official confirmation/debunk. Its fruitless to try. And Ridley himself is forbidden fruit, so appealing, and many probably aren't sure why. If he's in, they'll probably calm down. But as long as he isn't, people will continue to debate, sketch, resize, go nuts, and come together to support Ridley all the while.

Not to mention, this thread has given Ridley a breath of fresh air, and fleshed out his personality into something that has united a huge portion of the forum into its largest Smash 4 thread. Ridley is more than a newcomer that everyone wants. He's an instrument of social cohesion and happiness for many on here. That's why its best not to rain on their parade. As long as the dream of Ridley lives, so too shall the passion and joy everyone brings to this thriving, crazy thread.

Last edited:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
The passion on this thread is real. Its not even like the Krystal thread where its rooted in subtle sexual tendencies and rule 63 or the Geno thread where its rooted on strong nostalgia and childhood memories (NOT THAT I'M INSULTING SUPPORTERS OF THESE CHARACTERS).

No, Ridley's supporters are intelligent, logically-thinking, like-minded individuals with heart and soul to give to the mighty space dragon. They're rampant, fanatical and slightly bats*** about him, but the passion they have is genuine. To these people, Ridley is the greatest candidate for a newcomer in Smash, a Nintendo icon and a worthy example of Metroid greatness. And NO amount of doubt, dissent or counter-arguing will change their minds. Only an official confirmation/debunk. Its fruitless to try. And Ridley himself is forbidden fruit, so appealing, and many probably aren't sure why. If he's in, they'll probably calm down. But as long as he isn't, people will continue to debate, sketch, resize, go nuts, and come together to support Ridley all the while.

Not to mention, this thread has given Ridley a breath of fresh air, and fleshed out his personality into something that has united a huge portion of the forum into its largest Smash 4 thread. Ridley is more than a newcomer that everyone wants. He's an instrument of social cohesion and happiness for many on here. That's why its best not to rain on their parade. As long as the dream of Ridley lives, so too shall the passion and joy everyone brings to this thriving, crazy thread.
Hahaha, that was pretty nice few paragraphs.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Hahaha, that was pretty nice few paragraphs.
Its just something I've realized about this thread. Call them delusional, say their in denial, shake your head and roll your eyes, it doesn't matter. Even those who doubt Ridley should appreciate what his character has done in this community. While its created tons of arguing and ad hominem, its also brought tons of people together. And that's pretty special. A close-knit community of Smashers united around a big purple dragon.

Edit: Off-topic, I made a poll and forgot to include Ness for some reason. Is there any way to edit a poll afters its been posted to add new choices?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Well, now that my really bad mood/worries have passed...I will say it again, NO ONE CAN USE MY SKETCHES/ DRAWINGS/ STUFF (Ridley or non-Ridley related).

I know they are sketches, but these are still my work.

RidleyDiorama2.jpg

"AND SHE'S DEAD SERIOUS!"

Thank you.

majora_787

Smash Hero
This has been a PSA from Andrea and Ridley's very dapper cousin Rilbey. /weird references nobody will get

Top Bottom