• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
So I just wanted to say that I've read every page since the Smash direct and you guys have worked so hard to show evidence in Ridley's favor. Funnily enough I had a dream last night that Ridley was a stage hazard. Even though my gut tells me that Gematsu is it, I'm still holding out hope because of how Sakurai has hidden him with obscure angles and he's holding out on Pyrosphere.
Gematsu was wrong the first time, out of date the second time, and after the third time we don't even know if they're all from the same person. You're convincing yourself of some *EXTREMELY* disappointing things needlessly if you're convinced that Sakurai is only going to have *two* hidden newcomers, both of which have been repeatedly "leaked" by supposedly the same person. People really need to calm down.

Sorry, I am just really getting sick of people going off on "Gematsu is literally all this game is going to get" tangents and it's getting on my nerves.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I guess this also means Waluigi is a character despite being seen in the demo. He's obviously programmed into the demos with only a basic ai, movement and his down-special.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Gematsu was wrong the first time, out of date the second time, and after the third time we don't even know if they're all from the same person. You're convincing yourself of some *EXTREMELY* disappointing things needlessly if you're convinced that Sakurai is only going to have *two* hidden newcomers, both of which have been repeatedly "leaked" by supposedly the same person. People really need to calm down.

Sorry, I am just really getting sick of people going off on "Gematsu is literally all this game is going to get" tangents and it's getting on my nerves.
Why do people keep forgetting Rosalina? It really does get on my nerves whenever people bemoan such a garbage roster and conveniently forget the one person who escaped the leaks.

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker

Well the gematsu leak never mentioned Rosalina, so I am pretty sure the Gematsu leak isn't everything. There maybe hidden characters (hopefully Ridley)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I have an explanation: What is the first thing you would look if this trailer was presented to you the first time? I would check his hand and with the shuriken put into evidence, it's very likely that you would check the hands and realize how they look like mewtwo.

I think it's a tease.
Oops, you've done it now.
GRENINJA FAN MODE, GO!!!!!! >:]
In other words,
[spoiling]
[/spoiled]

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why do people keep forgetting Rosalina? It really does get on my nerves whenever people bemoan such a garbage roster and conveniently forget the one person who escaped the leaks.
Because Rosalina was revealed in between leaks supposedly. Still doesn't explain why all of his reveals were way, way out of order.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Well Sakurai did say bosses would appear on other stages, not just Wily Castle.

Really, we should count on more bosses.
"Boss characters appear on other stages, not just this one."

Vague enough to mean "Other stages feature boss fights, such as Ridley who I am not actually going to show you being a boss," or "Boss characters, such as Ridley, appear on other stages. Because they are playable, but I won't say it upfront to have fun with you."

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Honestly, my problem with the Gematsu leak is that there are clear inconsistencies. Why on Earth would he claim that there is an "internal debate" over Lucas and Ness, and why mention a "pokemon from X and Y" not specifically Greninja, and why not mention Rosalina when Sakurai mentioned at the roundtable that the roster was finalized very, very early in development. Surely he wouldn't need to be so vague about it if he knew.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, I noticed that when I was at Best Buy. The Yellow Devil's appearance was met with groans at the event, with some people saying that he 'ruined' the stage that he's apart of.

Just shows to show that Sakurai isn't an infallible genius.

EDIT: I just realized that we hit 888 pages. What should we do?
Would be hilariously ironic if people (the casuals, whatever) felt the same way about Ridley as what you described about Yellow Devil there (groaning that he ruined the stage they're playing on, etc), and in doing so, it led to more (bunch of more) people saying/thinking "Either make Ridley a character the next game or don't bring him back at all. I hate him being this sideshow freak during our matches!".

Srsly, if stage hazards turns out to be one of the game's biggest (no pun intended) criticisms like tripping was in Brawl, it would be the best form of poetic justice that ever happened for us (aside from playable Ridley).

So I wonder how many Ridley haters are gonna come to this thread, talk ****, then get banned when ridley is confirmed playable...
Probably not as many if/when he's deconfirmed. If he's confirmed though most would just disappear or backpedal like Megaman's former detractors, etc.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
You know, whenever I think of Ridley's possible confirmation, I always think of the ending of the first part of "Be Prepared" when Scar says "In justice deliciously square!"

The very thought of Ridley being playable would be quite the delicious justice, would it not?

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Gematsu leaker definitely had legitimate information, but it's extremely unlikely that it is all the newcomers we have left. First, the leaker never claimed to have the entire roster, and as I pointed out before, all the revealed newcomers and those implicated in the leak are characters from recent/revived franchises, being used to promote their games. It looks like that pre-release newcomers this time are being those they can milk the exposure from to sell some extra games and drive up hype for other series, while those with nothing to promote are being kept as secret unlockables. It also goes in line with the thought that the Gematsu leaker is someone involved in marketing, who would have the knowledge of which characters they're planning to reveal, while not knowing those that are being kept back with no plans for a pre-release reveal.

Also look back to my previous post on how a 50-52 roster looks very likely, with 3-5 more unknown newcomers. As such, don't expect Gematsu to be it (and in the worst case scenario that it is, it means we'll be getting DLC anyway).

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Because Rosalina was revealed in between leaks supposedly. Still doesn't explain why all of his reveals were way, way out of order.
That just raises the question of why this guy leaks in parts to begin with. If he does have information, it's clear he's not divulging everything, or possibly doesn't know everything. The fact that this guy does seem to have at least some real inside info would beg the question of why he doesn't leak everything about the game's roster all at once. He could have possibly leaked every returning/cut veteran and every newcomer all at once if he had all the information. Clearly, though, that hasn't happened. So I think there are two possible scenarios: either the leaker is withholding information, or he does not have all of it. In either case, it's clear that what he's leaked so far is not necessarily everything in the game.

GAMERG0D

Smash Rookie
Guys I don't think we should discuss Gematsu unless its about Ridley. Now those trophies also make me think Ridley is possible. Those trophies were chosen for a reason.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So how long do you think we'll have to wait before we know the fate of our beloved space dragon?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah I am not so big on Ghirahim myself, I prefer Demise.
I'm not so keen on either. Impa is more iconic and prevalent in the series, and I fully disagree with the notion that Sheik makes her irrelevant since we've never seen Impa actually fighting.

That said, I'm not sure the trophies mean much, even for Ridley. We have more than enough supporting evidence for Ridley already. The trophies could mean something, but I dunno, I just find it quite unlikely. At this point I really doubt the notion that we'd get another Zelda character except for perhaps a revamped Ganondorf.

August would be a great time to reveal Ridley, especially since it is a Metroid anniversary.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Warning Received
I kinda-sorta subscribe to the Trophy theory, and I want to believe Fi was alluding to this iconic Zelda villain.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
This thread should be promoted to social thread.
Eh, why not? We've exceeded the actual general discussion thread. (Mods don't take this seriously)

Though I still like to imagine Sakurai or some other Nintendo employee popping in Smashboards right now, and noting how the Ridley thread is huger than the main discussion.

"Huh. Better work on improving that Stage Hazard."

majora_787

Smash Hero
You're saying that it isn't?
It's a social thread pertaining to Ridley.
You literally just said the same thing twice.

But yeah, I doubt we'll get Ridley at it, but our final Smash direct that'll have newcomer reveals will be in August. I mean even if there's an October direct, it's not going to have any newcomers we won't have already found out about for like a month.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's the official Space Pirate's lounge forum.
While I doubt this will ever be promoted to a social thread, I put forth my vote that "Ridley's Space Pirate Lounge" or something similar be the new name of this thread when he is confirmed. I say this because I consider myself and the other regular posters of this thread to be Space Pirates thanks to our devotion to His Majesty the Cunning God of Death.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Eh, why not? We've exceeded the actual general discussion thread. (Mods don't take this seriously)

Though I still like to imagine Sakurai or some other Nintendo employee popping in Smashboards right now, and noting how the Ridley thread is huger than the main discussion.

"Huh. Better work on improving that Stage Hazard."
I can only imagine Sakurai's reaction when he's directing work on Ridley's boss fight, and hears news about how the Western fanbase's biggest forum has a thread supporting Ridley's inclusion that is one of the biggest threads on the forum. Just looking at all these hopeful fans, and looking back towards Pyrosphere.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Instead of entering this thread through my "Watched Threads" list, I was looking for Ridley's sub-forum in the SSB4 Character Discussion forum.

I have no idea of why I did that. Perhaps it is a signal?

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Well, we are almost to page 900. Ridley is just this awesome!
And on the bright side, if Ridley is not playable, the inevitable burning down of Sakurai's house with him in it will mean SSB will get a new director.

One possibly a little more inclined to listen a little more closely to the fanbase.

D

Deleted member

A proper Space Pirate lounge club, needs some proper lounge music.
I recommend Space Metal:
This stuff has a fairly bright mood to it.

Or, if we want to go along with Ridley's merciless and overall intimidating nature/appearance we can use some stuff that will scare the children:

Thoughts?

And yes, I listen to death metal and deathcore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh yeah, since I never pitched in on talking to the thread creator here while others were doing so earlier,

By the way, if Ridley doesn't get in, I think I'll suddenly become a supporter of DLC, lol.
You lie!!!1
:p

Really though, your Strength is needed to get us through thiiiisss!

Last edited:
Top Bottom