• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
We were at 492 pages the 9th april. 1200 pages at least before next direct.

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Hey guys I'm back, I prayed to Shrek last night and he told me Ridley will be confirmed as playable.
So I'm back on board.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I prayed to my own green god Cthulhu for Ridley. Shrek and Cthulhu are similar right?

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Also, some more misdirection; Remember when Phosphora was confirmed to be just a trophy?

I'm just going to take this at face value, and assume that Sakurai would never, ever lie or misdirect us-
I'm guessing some of you's have already come to this conclusion, but by saying she was a trophy he technically wasn't lying if she was an assist trophy, just like how Ridley is a boss from the Metroid series, and saying bosses appear on other stages

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
1000 pages by next week. E3 has fueled us. We are awake. We must be loud . we must be heard.
As big as the thread is, I believe that an email / letter / Twitter / etc campaign, a'la Operation Rainfall, would do 10x as much to let Sakurai and Nintendo know how much playable Ridley is wanted.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
As big as the thread is, I believe that an email / letter / Twitter / etc campaign, a'la Operation Rainfall, would do 10x as much to let Sakurai and Nintendo know how much playable Ridley is wanted.
Eh, I don't think it's necessary. We've got tons of evidence in favor of Playabley, no solid proof of his bossiness, and a couple more months.

We should only do that when we have undisputable proof that he's a Stage Hazard.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm guessing some of you's have already come to this conclusion, but by saying she was a trophy he technically wasn't lying if she was an assist trophy, just like how Ridley is a boss from the Metroid series, and saying bosses appear on other stages
That is a very interesting point. I never thought Sakurai could have played with words when he was referring to "bosses".

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
That is a very interesting point. I never thought Sakurai could have played with words when he was referring to "bosses".
It sounds lame, but so is saying that Sakurai wasn't technically lying when he said Phosphora was an (Assist) Trophy.

Reila

It sounds lame, but so is saying that Sakurai wasn't technically lying when he said Phosphora was an (Assist) Trophy.
It sounds lame, yeah, but it is something I could see a game developer doing, wording stuff in ambiguous ways seems to quite common among them. It is interesting that the majority of people didn't even consider he could have been saying that bosses of other series could appear (as playable characters, bosses, etc), the general assumption was the opposite, that other characters would appear as bosses in Smash 4. That brings another point, he said bosses.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
So the Greninja section has a thread attempting to find personality similarities among players who are drawn to the same characters. Is there anything we can find in common with us Space Pirates?

JediLink

Smash Ace
So the Greninja section has a thread attempting to find personality similarities among players who are drawn to the same characters. Is there anything we can find in common with us Space Pirates?
Well, for starters I'd say it's a safe bet that we're all Metroid fans.

And that's pretty much it, really.

Last edited:

Jigglypuff & Luma

Smash Cadet

I'm not a Metroid fan, yet I still really want Ridley in the game.
I think what we should say is that we all want Ridley in the game and we are Nintendo and Smash Bros. fans.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
It's supposed to be about personality; the way we think and act. I think if nothing else, we can probably say we're all at least a little crazy. Out there, you could say. (in space)

Reila

Well, the reason I want Ridley in the game is because I am a Metroid fan and very fond of villains. Seeing how many of us Ridley supporters are also King K. Rool and/or Mewtwo supporters (although Mewtwo was never truly a villain), show that I am likely not the only one here fond of villains. As far as personality goes, I am not sure if it has anything to do with my likeness for Ridley, Metroid, etc. Well I am definitely a little crazy/weird. :p "Little" may be an understatement.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
OK guys I have been thinking
August is going to be a huge month
HUGE!

Reasons.

1. Pokemon X/Y - MK8 both got a direct centered for them shortly before release because both are huge Nintendo games and deal breakers. MK8's direct was April 30th and the Smash direct was April 8th.

2. International Nintendo directs happen every 2 months

Dec2013 - Rosalina
Feb2014 - Little Mac
April2014- Greninja
June2014 - E3
August 2014 - ????

They will be a Big Nintendo direct early August it won't be smash focused but we may get a newcomer the reason why I say we may not is because late August I believe we will indeed get another smash direct before the game releases in japan.

We could get a newcomer in the normal August direct and another one in the Smash direct or we could just get a crazy blowout in the Smash direct.

These game focused directs that happen before release are alot more juicy Aswell.

August is going to be probably the biggest hype wait way more than E3 I'm there is a huge chance we will know Ridley fate in August either through the normal direct revealed as playable or in the later smash direct part 2.

Also after that direct the game will be out in japan 2 weeks after.

August will give us answered Trust me

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? I'M SO CONFUSED.
IT'S A TAKE ON A HUMAN ROIDLY

is it really that hard to get

Nothing? At All? Do I need more Duck Face?

I am Donion Rings with you

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

You're dead wrong about that. I have absolutely no interest in the Metroid series whatsoever.

I just believe that Ridley is a logical addition to the Smash roster, and one that deserves to be in.

Also, I find the detractors to be unbelievably annoying.

Jigglypuff & Luma

Smash Cadet
OK guys I have been thinking
August is going to be a huge month
HUGE!

Reasons.

1. Pokemon X/Y - MK8 both got a direct centered for them shortly before release because both are huge Nintendo games and deal breakers. MK8's direct was April 30th and the Smash direct was April 8th.

2. International Nintendo directs happen every 2 months

Dec2013 - Rosalina
Feb2014 - Little Mac
April2014- Greninja
June2014 - E3
August 2014 - ????

They will be a Big Nintendo direct early August it won't be smash focused but we may get a newcomer the reason why I say we may not is because late August I believe we will indeed get another smash direct before the game releases in japan.

We could get a newcomer in the normal August direct and another one in the Smash direct or we could just get a crazy blowout in the Smash direct.

These game focused directs that happen before release are alot more juicy Aswell.

August is going to be probably the biggest hype wait way more than E3 I'm there is a huge chance we will know Ridley fate in August either through the normal direct revealed as playable or in the later smash direct part 2.

Also after that direct the game will be out in japan 2 weeks after.

August will give us answered Trust me
You are on to something! Not to mention Pokémon X and Y actually had 2 directs, so it is more than likely. There is also the fact that August is the Metroid anniversary

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The reason that I want Ridley in is because he has never been playable before, just like Ganondorf, who wants to play as the hero(or heroine in Samus' case) that you play in every single game? No oe, we want to play as the villains(even if they are C. Falcon's clones)
Wait, I just had an idea, what if Ridley was a C. Falcon clone?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
IT'S A TAKE ON A HUMAN ROIDLY

is it really that hard to get

Nothing? At All? Do I need more Duck Face?

I am Donion Rings with you
22A571_0D93E077F2BCC_000.gif

Ridley: "You don't see a human take on this guy so often, you know?"

Roidley: "HI~! Smile, big bro?"

Ridley: "No."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, I'm slightly sadistic/cruel and emotionless, and am sociopathic, unsocial (aside from here), cynical, condescending, and dour. Which is similar to what Ridley is like (sort of).

Does anyone else share these characteristics with Ridley/me?

Last edited by a moderator:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, I'm slightly sadistic and am sociopathic, unsocial (aside from here), cynical, and dour. Which is similar to what Ridley is like (sort of).

Does anyone else share these characteristics with Ridley/me?
Yes.

D

Deleted member

I can definately be most of those easily if I ever have to.
The question is, are you naturally these?

For example, if I don't have anything to do, I sometimes start thinking about creative ways to torture people.

Couple that with the fact that I laugh at violence in movies and stuff and listen to violent music, and I really think sometimes that I am a sadist.

Kind of like Ridley. :awesome:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
The question is, are you naturally these?

For example, if I don't have anything to do, I sometimes start thinking about creative ways to torture people.

Couple that with the fact that I laugh at violence in movies and stuff and listen to violent music, and I really think sometimes that I am a sadist.

Kind of like Ridley. :awesome:
That avatar doesn't suit you.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I must admit (though I'm sure I have already) that I've never played a Metroid game except for Super (which only lasted ten minutes because I suck at it).

But nonetheless I am a big (puns, PUNS) fan of Ridley. I love winged creatures, villains, pirates, space, and dragons. And it just so happens that Ridley combines all five of those qualities into one entity of awesomeness.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
-u- Well the first time I saw Ridley in SM, I didn't knew anything about Metroid, I only watched my cousin playing it, but I loved reptiles anyway, and when I was a little kid I loved Godzilla, dinosaurs, dragons and snakes ( xD I think It was thanks to my dad)...and I still do.

And the day I fell in love with Ridley for the first time, I will never forget it. so...I have only played Prime 3 (just to get to see Ridley and his boss battles), Prime 1 (I haven't finished it...nor reached Meta Ridley) and part of SM (that only lasted also 10 minutes because I was going to destroy my keyboard out of pure rage because the key to activate the Missiles didn't worked...also because I get lost easily xD)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That avatar doesn't suit you.
Just because I'm a sadist doesn't mean I can't worship Nah.

She's really mature, she can turn into a dragon, and I think she's adorable.

Nah is my favorite character of all time. :awesome:

You see, I may be all of these:
Well, I'm slightly sadistic/cruel and emotionless, and am sociopathic, unsocial (aside from here), cynical, condescending, and dour. Which is similar to what Ridley is like (sort of).
But that doesn't mean I can't have an affinity for either:
a) Mature, Incredibly Strong, and Pretty characters (Nah)
b) Badass, Sadistic, Sociopathic monsters (Ridley, Mewtwo (more sociopathic than sadistic), K. Rool, etc.)
:laugh:

I also love dragons and reptiles though.

D

Deleted member

If I had to say one characteristic I share with Ridley is that I'm blood thirsty space mercenary unmerciful with my victims :awesome: and I'm also purple

Reila

I thought I was the only to support a character without having playing their game(s). I did play all Metroid games, besides Metroid 2, but I never played the (most recent) game the character in my avatar comes from. :laugh: I do have my reasons for supporting/liking Palutena's character, though.

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Is anyone else religious to any extent of the word? Being a Ridley fan takes an awful lot of faith, and there are people who believe we are not logically driven and that they are basing their arguments on "scientific facts."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I thought I was the only to support a character without having playing their game(s). I did play all Metroid games, besides Metroid 2, but I never played the (most recent) game the character in my avatar comes from. :laugh: I do have my reasons for supporting/liking Palutena's character, though.
I'll come out and say that the most Metroid I've played is through the 1st quarter of Prime 3: Corruption and then some of the handheld titles when they were demos at stores like Gamestop.

Thankfully that's been enough for me to understand and develop a fondness for Ridley.

I will say the one series of which I've played through every International game would be Fire Emblem, which partially contributes to my choice of a Fire Emblem Character as my avatar.

Is anyone else religious to any extent of the word? Being a Ridley fan takes an awful lot of faith, and there are people who believe we are not logically driven and that they are basing their arguments on "scientific facts."
I'm an atheist and am the typical Science/Math/Logic>Everything Else kind of guy.

So, I missed the final day of e3, what happened?
Nothing, more gameplay from the sub-par players at the Treehouse was all, but I imagine you saw a good portion of that in the first 2 days of E3.

Reila

I'll come out and say that the most Metroid I've played is through the 1st quarter of Prime 3: Corruption and then some of the handheld titles when they were demos at stores like Gamestop.

Thankfully that's been enough for me to understand and develop a fondness for Ridley.

I will say the one series of which I've played through every International game would be Fire Emblem, which partially contributes to my choice of a Fire Emblem Character as my avatar.
That just shows how underground the Metroid series is. It is probably one of the less popular big Nintendo franchises.

I've only played Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones and Awakening, but I never finished the later, because I didn't like the characters that much. I loved Sacred Stones, though and I wish to play future titles of the series if they aren't similar to Awakening (and a few older ones I never played, too).

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Metroid has everything it needs to be the "cool"/"hardcore" franchise that too many people think they want nowadays. If people would stop forgetting it's there, maybe Nintendo would do more with it.

Top Bottom