• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
well guys I finally can give you my little Ridley-surprise
if you like apps then you will love my surprise
I wanted to finish it before E3 but I could use the computer only to watch the E3 so I did it after E3
I didn't find enough gifs so the last pictures are images but I think it isn't a real problem because almost nobody can finish it :awesome:
ANYWAY HERE YOU ARE
http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/ridley-metroid-edition/
I died :( Got a score of 3004 though.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
People shouldn't be getting excited for a big August reveal, we already got a Smash-centered direct, and Nintendo's E3 2014 was pretty much the Smash 4 show. 1 (or 2 if Sakurai didn't reveal a veteran prior to the direct) final newcomer reveal is probably what we're gonna get, and it'll probably be Chrom or Shulk, since they're marketable characters that appeal more to the Japanese and they haven't yet gotten a character for them revealed yet (plus the game comes out in a month for them afterward).

If Ridley and Mewtwo are in, I guarantee they'll be kept secret unlockables, so we won't know their status before playing the game (or looking up spoilers/leaks), unless Sakurai actually decides to reveal the whole roster before release (which is very unlikely, especially when he said at E3 that he wants to keep some stuff secret).

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I was mostly asking people here, but whatever works. It's probably fine still from what I've heard.
Zero Mission is still good yeah, but it does have some glaring flaws. I still consider it the second best 2D Metroid personally though, and the third best game in the entire series.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well we have three months to wait. Then we'll DEFINITELY have a ****ing answer.
He's been teasing us since October. OCTOBER.
I don't think at this point Ridley's in, but at least I hope Sakurai will show us how does he work on Pyrosphere.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well we have three months to wait. Then we'll DEFINITELY have a ****ing answer.
He's been teasing us since October. OCTOBER.
I don't think at this point Ridley's in, but at least I hope Sakurai will show us how does he work on Pyrosphere.
Actually, he's been teasing us since August with the Pyrosphere comment.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
People shouldn't be getting excited for a big August reveal, we already got a Smash-centered direct, and Nintendo's E3 2014 was pretty much the Smash 4 show. 1 (or 2 if Sakurai didn't reveal a veteran prior to the direct) final newcomer reveal is probably what we're gonna get, and it'll probably be Chrom or Shulk, since they're marketable characters that appeal more to the Japanese and they haven't yet gotten a character for them revealed yet (plus the game comes out in a month for them afterward).

If Ridley and Mewtwo are in, I guarantee they'll be kept secret unlockables, so we won't know their status before playing the game (or looking up spoilers/leaks), unless Sakurai actually decides to reveal the whole roster before release (which is very unlikely, especially when he said at E3 that he wants to keep some stuff secret).
If ridley nor mewtwos fate is not shown till after the release of the japan version right there pretty much prooves ridley is in, and both of them have to be unlocked.

Actually, he's been teasing us since August with the Pyrosphere comment.
This is evidence that ridleys fate is most likely here because it would be a full year since the pryoshere.

Last edited:

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet
Then we have Prime 1, Prime 2, Prime 3 (Which I personally think is the best one but I've been disagreed with), Prime Hunters (Which is ALSO awful in terms of single player)...
It's strange, I actually really like both Prime 1 and 2 more than 3, but I've noticed a lot of people hate on 2 for a lot of different reasons. I really quite liked the ammo management and mirror world things it had going, but those are often cited to be the worst parts. It's impossible to choose a "best" one when everyone has different tastes. :V

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Ridley is on RTC again. And the general consensus is the same as always. :rolleyes:

At least he's fairing better then Sceptile.
It appears there are two kinds of people for Ridley:

Those who think he's a lock, and those who think he hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell. Or, you know, people who are 50/50 and just don't care.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Just had a thought, and possibly something to look out for if we get any more pictures of Smash run

This picture was taken from the Smash Bros. direct

As you can see there's 3 (if you don't included warp) powers, Samus's Power Bomb, Meteor Shower = Ness/Lucas PK Starstorm? renamed, Plauntena's Heavenly Light,

Taken from Smash Bros E3 (2014)

Same could be said for that picture but Horizon beam being Paluneta's Mega Lazer and Dual Cyclone being a variation of Meta Knight's Mach Tornado

So what's the point of me bringing this up you ask? Well we have 2 moves belonging to 3 veterans from Brawl, which people seem certain at least 2 of them (Ness and Meta Knight will return), so we might see some possible moves in smash run that could be used by Ridley

Not really much to go off though just came to mind

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Will this thread be the social thread once/if Ridley is revealed or will a new one be created?

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Yeah this'll probably reach 1000 pages before Sakurai gives us a definite answer.
Maybe he's waiting on the 1000th page to come by to have an excuse to just random confirm Ridley in a PotD.

"In commemoration of the Western fanbase's dedication and truly overwhelming support, I am happy to announce their most wanted newcomer Ridley Scott finally joins the battle due to the addition of Mii Fighters!"

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Will this thread be the social thread once/if Ridley is revealed or will a new one be created?
We could always speculate on alternative costumes, moves, and his Amiibo

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's strange, I actually really like both Prime 1 and 2 more than 3, but I've noticed a lot of people hate on 2 for a lot of different reasons. I really quite liked the ammo management and mirror world things it had going, but those are often cited to be the worst parts. It's impossible to choose a "best" one when everyone has different tastes. :V
I don't hate 2. I feel like it was the weakest game in the trilogy, but I still think all three are really good. I don't like the ammo management but it's not like that broke the game for me.

Also Ridley 2048. The cycle is complete.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
oh yeah, I forgot. A few years back one of my friends edited my facebook language to Pirate English. I never changed it back.
xD that's awesome! I wish there was a Pirate Spanish...but Ridley would kill me...xD

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
There will be so many people eating crows once he is confirmed.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not entirely sure; most detractors are not objectively detractors. They are not even absolutely certain that he is going to be a boss. They always equivocate their language. In that event that Ridley is confirmed, there will be a degree of humility, but most would probably just avoid their error. That happens with every "I was wrong thread," for instance the Ike thread. There is NO way that is an accurate showing (albeit this is based on my empirical knowledge).

Last edited:
Top Bottom