• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

UltimateWario

Smash Master
You had my curiosity, now you got my attention. I would love to see the two images compare and see them side to side.
The long story short, in case you haven't been around, is that Ridley is pretty much the same size as Bowser in his "boss" appearance. Take that to mean what you will, but it's either a tease or downright shoddy game design.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The long story short, in case you haven't been around, is that Ridley is pretty much the same size as Bowser in his "boss" appearance. Take that to mean what you will, but it's either a tease or downright shoddy game design.
MAYBE slightly bigger than Bowesr.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I just thought of something guys, maybe the reason why we didn't get as many E3 character reveals as we thought we would is because of the game getting delayed. The delay might have pushed some of the announcements back, it may even be why we didn't get Ridley at E3.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I just thought of something guys, maybe the reason why we didn't get as many E3 character reveals as we thought we would is because of the game getting delayed. The delay might have pushed some of the announcements back, it may even be why we didn't get Ridley at E3.
My guess is he didn't want to put all the hype in one basket, I think we may get a few veteran reveals between now and release, and a direct closer to the Japanese release with the remaining major characters/newcomers.

Last edited:

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
During the April direct, what were the 4 trophies shown? Metroid boss, evil palutina and two others. I've heard they're hints to new roster members.

Palutina and ridley and two others represented.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You had my curiosity, now you got my attention. I would love to see the two images compare and see them side to side.

Yep.

EDIT:
If any inaccuracies are noteworthy, the second Bowser may actually be too small and the shadow would need to be proportionately larger to be accurate. But that means Bowser is even larger, and Ridley is even less large in comparison to a playable character.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
During the April direct, what were the 4 trophies shown? Metroid boss, evil palutina and two others. I've heard they're hints to new roster members.

Palutina and ridley and two others represented.
Its just a theory. Pseudo-Palutena I think is a fake Palutena, and the other set was Tiki and Fi. Tiki could hint at an FE rep, and Fi could only hint at a Zelda rep, but at this point I find it highly unlikely we'll get a new Zelda rep.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Oh, also. Just in case people aren't remembering, the Bowser and his Pyrosphere shadow are traced and proportioned based off of this image where airborn Bowser and his shadow are clearly visible.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
There wasn't really a lack of reveals there, as I pointed out earlier, we're inline with the previous games' expansion pattern and starter-unlockable ratio. If the games were being released in July or August, maybe we would have gotten another reveal or two though, but either way, the amount of reveals was what could be expected.

Also, I wouldn't expect Ridley revealed pre-release, as it seems extremely likely he'll be an unlockable kept secret (since unlike other revealed newcomers, he has nothing to promote, and the nature of his character makes him a prime unlockable candidate anyway).

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
As disappointing E3 was, Smash-wise and otherwise, the fact that Nintendo's said "Yeah, Metroid is a thing and we're probably going to make both a 3D and a 2D one" has made up for everything else.

That, and Hyrule Warriors and the new Zelda are hype as ****. If Ridley's left out again, at least I won't be lacking things to play.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Ghirahim.

I still believe those trophy quizzes are hinting some of the newcomers.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
Oh, also. Just in case people aren't remembering, the Bowser and his Pyrosphere shadow are traced and proportioned based off of this image where airborn Bowser and his shadow are clearly visible.

Not to cause alarm, but, it looks like the opening in that wall is perfect for a space pirate to crawl out of.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ghirahim.

I still believe those trophy quizzes are hinting some of the newcomers.
I doubt it, I'm thinking Impa if anyone. That said I doubt a Zelda newcomer at all, a Ganondorf revamp I think is more likely and a far better choice than getting a Zelda newcomer.

Reila

I doubt it, I'm thinking Impa if anyone. That said I doubt a Zelda newcomer at all, a Ganondorf revamp I think is more likely and a far better choice than getting a Zelda newcomer.
Well, I don't. Two of the trophies are already "confirmed" to be related to newcomers. Pseudo-Palutena to Palutena and Tiki to Chrom (Sal's leak). If Ridley is in, he is the newcomer related to King Kihunter. That only leaves Fi, it wouldn't make sense for it/her to be related to Ganondorf, so I think it is possible for Ghirahim or Skyward Sword/Hyrule Warriors Impa to be a newcomer in the game.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
I agree with this logic somewhat. In fact, our semi clone pairs have yet to have been revealed. (Cpt Falcon, ganondorf, falco, wolf, ness, Lucas) perhaps work is being done to declone. Although, Toon link's lack luster rework says otherwise.

Impa makes the most sense were it not for Sheik.

Last edited:

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't. Two of the trophies are already "confirmed" to be related to newcomers. Pseudo-Palutena to Palutena and Tiki to Chrom (Sal's leak). If Ridley is in, he is the newcomer related to King Kihunter. That only leaves Fi, it wouldn't make sense for it/her to be related to Ganondorf, so I think it is possible for Ghirahim or Skyward Sword/Hyrule Warriors Impa to be a newcomer in the game.
No the Majora's Mask Moon is gonna be playable

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
While I share the sentiment that the Metroid game discussion probably doesn't affect Ridley's chances, I'm certainly excited at the idea. Both styles are incredible, and all.

I think the shadow thing is pretty good, though. Far from evidence, but close enough that it holds merit. On a side note that's probably been mentioned already (let's be honest here, everything you could mention in this thread is probably a repeat, sorta like the Original Thought Theory, but on a much smaller scale), I think time does help Ridley in this, frustrating as it may be, because if Stage Hazardley is a reality, they probably wouldn't care anymore. I mean, he'd have been revealed, right? Sakurai wouldn't care, and would probably have just let the Pyrosphere with Ridley be everywhere without a second thought.

So yeah, I'm just rephrasing rather than posting something new, in hindsight of writing that. Snuck in a size joke, at least. Still, the lack of Ridley has to mean something, and damn is it pretty bloody unbearable.

Also, I like Roidley's design. HD Muscle Ridley looks totally badass. Not so big a fan of the game the design originated from, of course, but the design was by a mile my favourite part of said game.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
While I share the sentiment that the Metroid game discussion probably doesn't affect Ridley's chances, I'm certainly excited at the idea. Both styles are incredible, and all.

I think the shadow thing is pretty good, though. Far from evidence, but close enough that it holds merit. On a side note that's probably been mentioned already (let's be honest here, everything you could mention in this thread is probably a repeat, sorta like the Original Thought Theory, but on a much smaller scale), I think time does help Ridley in this, frustrating as it may be, because if Stage Hazardley is a reality, they probably wouldn't care anymore. I mean, he'd have been revealed, right? Sakurai wouldn't care, and would probably have just let the Pyrosphere with Ridley be everywhere without a second thought.

So yeah, I'm just rephrasing rather than posting something new, in hindsight of writing that. Snuck in a size joke, at least. Still, the lack of Ridley has to mean something, and damn is it pretty bloody unbearable.

Also, I like Roidley's design. HD Muscle Ridley looks totally badass. Not so big a fan of the game the design originated from, of course, but the design was by a mile my favourite part of said game.
That's why a lot of people still think Ridley is playable. It doesn't make sense otherwise, Pyrosphere would've been shown off with bossely and nothing more would come of it.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
That's why a lot of people still think Ridley is playable. It doesn't make sense otherwise, Pyrosphere would've been shown off with bossely and nothing more would come of it.
Its the only thing that gives me hope.

Although, if stage boss footage came out today , ID fall back on the boss ridley for the stage hazard and a separate ridley for the roster.

Mania.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best, right? It feels ever-so-slightly comforting to know that worst case scenario, we only have three months to wait until we'll officially know, though.

Aside from that... believe it or not, I've seen people that have genuinely wanted Other M Adam Malkovich on the playable roster.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best, right? It feels ever-so-slightly comforting to know that worst case scenario, we only have three months to wait until we'll officially know, though.

Aside from that... believe it or not, I've seen people that have genuinely wanted Other M Adam Malkovich on the playable roster.
You think that's bad? There are people who actually want Anthony Higgs to be playable. And they think he has an even better chance of getting in over Ridley. :facepalm:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So I wonder how many Ridley haters are gonna come to this thread, talk ****, then get banned when ridley is confirmed playable...
There's likely going to be blood no matter if he's confirmed or deconfirmed. So might as well have him confirmed so people can at least party.
And then get so excited and drunk that we start swearing and beating each other up and the cops come to give out infractions like candy.

----

Last edited:

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
Damn it, I cant help it but come back to this board. I love Ridley to much to just leave this forum behind.

You think that's bad? There are people who actually want Anthony Higgs to be playable. And they think he has an even better chance of getting in over Ridley. :facepalm:
This makes me sad. Like really, if anybody else besides Ridley is going to get it, it is going to be Adam. I could see him taking over Snakes moveset but with slight differences.

Last edited by a moderator:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
This makes me sad. Like really, if anybody else besides Ridley is going to get it, it is going to be Adam. I could see him taking over Snakes moveset but with slight differences.
I can't take anymore of these human newcomers.....I'm a human in real life and there boring. Let me play as something else....

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
That's hilarious! And logical enough to be a possibility. I can see samurai dragging snakes move set to the recycle in. But then he says "Nahhhhh!" And pastes it on top of Adam or the scary looking black guy.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Kihunter: Ridley
Tiki: Chrom
Palutena: Palutena
Fi: Ghirahim?

Also, nice to see we've reverted completely to how we were before E3

Last edited:

Reila

If Ridley isn't in, we are likely not getting another Metroid rep. IF Adam was a rep, I would refuse to buy Smash 4. :p
I can't take anymore of these human newcomers.....I'm a human in real life and there boring. Let me play as something else....
But you have an human as your avatar.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
You really gotta start questioning some of these people when one-game side characters specifically from a game whose characters were one of the points that made people hate it are considered by ANYONE more likely than an iconic villain in every game bar three, man.

I think a Space Pirate would be fun to play as. A Prime Space Pirate. Maybe Aerotrooper. Don't shoot me. Science Team may have vapour for brains, but Space Pirates from Prime (specifically 2) were kickass, at least in design. Of course I'd prefer Ridley over that, but just to talk about it.

Top Bottom