• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Do you know how bad it's gonna be for us if he is not playable....
Do you have any idea what is going to happen....
Do you have any idea what people are going to say.....

I actually just stepped out this thread in a long time to gGoogle some stuff saw a few YouTube videos one from Gamexplain titled '' Yellow Devil & Ridley ''

Read some comments on the video......

This Is why Ridleys playable status is indeed a dynasty.

Do you have any idea what is going to be the worse thing if he isn't pplayable?
I tell you it's not because he wasn't playable

It's going to be comments like these

Screenshot_2014-06-15-00-52-51.png

This is just borderline disgusting...

(Masahiro KNOWS Ridley____)

''Knows''

Really?
You
Know
What
He
is
thinking?

You
know
why?

Rea lly?

To say something so ******** based on Bull* and have something turn out the way you expected but then to be so ignorant and say it souly happened because of_________

And probably equally as worse is that we may never get a answer from Sakurai
Why........
Why...

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Do you know how bad it's gonna be for us if he is not playable....
Do you have any idea what is going to happen....
Do you have any idea what people are going to say.....

I actually just stepped out this thread in a long time to gGoogle some stuff saw a few YouTube videos one from Gamexplain titled '' Yellow Devil & Ridley ''

Read some comments on the video......

This Is why Ridleys playable status is indeed a dynasty.

Do you have any idea what is going to be the worse thing if he isn't pplayable?
I tell you it's not because he wasn't playable

It's going to be comments like these

View attachment 16255

This is just borderline disgusting... To say something so ******** based on Bull* and have something turn out the way you expected but then to be so ignorant and say it souly happened because of_________

And probably equally as worse is that we may never get a answer from Sakurai
Why........
Why...
Isn't Gamexplain the same group of people who made up the idiotic claim that Pac-Man was confirmed to be playable because of a freakin' cloud in Greninja's trailer?

Sure Pac-Man's in the game, but I can't take those guys seriously because of that.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It really is depressing. Ridley truly is one of the best additions to the roster, simply because he's the only character I've ever seen who is so massively agreed upon to be impossible for reasons that make absolutely minimal or no sense.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Isn't Gamexplain the same group of people who made up the idiotic claim that Pac-Man was confirmed to be playable because of a freakin' cloud in Greninja's trailer?

Sure Pac-Man's in the game, but I can't take those guys seriously because of that.
Technically, they just pointed that out as a possible hint. They didn't claim he was confirmed because of that.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Technically, they just pointed that out as a possible hint. They didn't claim he was confirmed because of that.
Ah, so they just take most things at face value and move on, then. It was still an absolutely laughable theory.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Late to the party, but found some possible voices for Ridley

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm telling you BruV it's not even going to be a joke when this thing goes down people say we over exaggerate? Over rate Ridley? Lmao he is no different to the 30+ over characters that are playable but to say he can't work can't be required sized can't have nor follow the same rules as other characters?

Who truly is know making him special and diff erent?
Us that want him playable or the haters that deny him respect and guidelines all playable characters in smash follow based on some serious Bull* reason.

Even on Twitter I am harassed but friends support me
Screenshot_2014-06-15-01-01-34.png

majora_787

Smash Hero
1. Hey, at least our shadow analysis is legitimate and actually taken seriously. :awesome:

2. It's only going to get worse unless Sakurai actually makes it better. :\

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
At the very least the shadow did confirmed Ridley was in the game in one form or another, the Pac-man in the pokemon trailer was likely just pareidolia.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well I'm off to bed see you fellow space pirates tomorrow and I will leave with my wishlist here's to hoping this game has a All-star roster

RealTalk

zlCfzRVWDK4HvSEQPA.png

Peace out

majora_787

Smash Hero
Honestly, if the shadow couldn't reasonably be compared to anything, I wouldn't call it to be much. But the fact that we can actually directly compare Ridley's shadow to Bowser's shadow on the same stage to Bowser's body projecting that same shadow is what gives it substance. I know people don't want to *ADMIT* it, but what can you do.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
It's funny how people think Ridley is disconfirmed 100%, no questions, just because of a shadow. The shadow only proved Ridley existed within the game. I'll be extremely disappointed if Ridley is just a hazard after Sakurai "teased"(or you know, hinted at with no elaboration) him for so long.

Also, I really don't want to be in the middle of the collapse point when all the detractors come to laugh and mock us... That'll be horrible.

Bad Luck Ridley.jpg

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Honestly, if the shadow couldn't reasonably be compared to anything, I wouldn't call it to be much. But the fact that we can actually directly compare Ridley's shadow to Bowser's shadow on the same stage to Bowser's body projecting that same shadow is what gives it substance. I know people don't want to *ADMIT* it, but what can you do.
If Ridley's shadow is roughly the same size as Bowsers, I guess it would give him credit as a possible playable character, since there would be no reason to scale Ridley down from the his appearance in Brawl if he was a boss/stage hazard

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's funny how people think Ridley is disconfirmed 100%, no questions, just because of a shadow. The shadow only proved Ridley existed within the game. I'll be extremely disappointed if Ridley is just a hazard after Sakurai "teased"(or you know, hinted at with no elaboration) him for so long.

Also, I really don't want to be in the middle of the collapse point when all the detractors come to laugh and mock us... That'll be horrible.
It's even funnier because Palutena was 100% confirmed by the exact same logic.

EDIT: That's exactly the thing. With the unchanging camera angle, we can compare Ridley's shadow to Pikachu in the same place from the same angle on Pyrosphere. We can then determine how big Bowser would be next to that Pikachu, and with that Bowser match him up to his own shadow, since we have one VERY good picture that clearly shows Bowser in the air AND his own projected shadow on the floor of the Pyrosphere.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

View attachment 16259
That's the main problem I see, when Sakurai says bosses appear on other stages then show Ridley's shadow on pyrosphere, some people seem to think it's 100% proof he's a boss, even though Sakurai never says that it was a example or Ridley directly. My assumption is he was making us jump to the conclusion on our own to trick us, therefore didn't lie, because we made the connection.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, if we've taken one thing from E3, it's that Sakurai doesn't have a problem making the bosses suck. :urg:
If you mean Yellow Devil, Yellow Devil may 'suck'. But any sucking he does is a result of being true to the source material. Ridley can only suck more, being a much smaller and slower boss on a much larger stage *WITH* no weakpoint such as an eye. Just open damage.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I wasn't honestly using that as an argument.

Moreover just as a "wow Yellow Devil really ****ing sucks" comment.

Now that the post-Sal-confirmation and post-no-Ridley-at-e3 pessimism has passed, I'm still not confident about Ridley's chances, but I do believe he has one.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
... I'm not going to comment on "sal confirmation", but really I don't feel like there's no reason to be skeptical of Ridley's chances unless you honestly don't believe Sakurai would be anything other than 100% straightforward with us at all times.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, if we've taken one thing from E3, it's that Sakurai doesn't have a problem making the bosses suck. :urg:
Yeah, I noticed that when I was at Best Buy. The Yellow Devil's appearance was met with groans at the event, with some people saying that he 'ruined' the stage that he's apart of.

Just shows to show that Sakurai isn't an infallible genius.

EDIT: I just realized that we hit 888 pages. What should we do?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As far as stage bosses go, I really do think that they'll be able to be turned off. Stage hazards won't, but the stage bosses should be incredibly easy to disable. Hell, allow us to decide how often they appear as well.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Stage bosses seem to literally be stage hazards. Just a different kind of stage hazard. If you could turn off bad hazards, people would probably like New Pork City and Rumble Falls a tiny bit more.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Stage bosses seem to literally be stage hazards. Just a different kind of stage hazard. If you could turn off bad hazards, people would probably like New Pork City and Rumble Falls a tiny bit more.
I feel like the Chimera wasn't what people most hated about NPC. I think people mainly hated that it was a horrible version of Temple. But yeah, Rumble Falls is a ****ing trainwreck and should be hated forever. The way bosses are looking, basically any stage with a boss will be complete, unplayable garbage just like RF, 75M, or Mario Bros.

Without sounding like too much of a prick, it seems that every time Sakurai takes a step forward, he takes about three backward.

EDIT: That feeling when you edit your post with something controversial and you hope that the people liking it notice and dislike it accordingly.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Yeah, I noticed that when I was at Best Buy. The Yellow Devil's appearance was met with groans at the event, with some people saying that he 'ruined' the stage that he's apart of.

Just shows to show that Sakurai isn't an infallible genius.

EDIT: I just realized that we hit 888 pages. What should we do?
Maybe if we hit 9001 Sakurai might reveal Ridley's fate

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
sounds like a plan to me.

How many game shows are inbetween now and the release of SSB 3DS?

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
sounds like a plan to me.

How many game shows are inbetween now and the release of SSB 3DS?
Well, a direct is slated for August.

No doubt an opportunity to unveil a veteran or two... or perhaps a newcomer. ;)

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Just got 6 downvotes because I dared to reply to someone who replied to me with a Ridley size joke, and ask them isn't it getting old? >.>

Found out the hard way people at /r/smashbros can be childish morons, and I don't see it dying any time soon, want Ridley even more now to rub it in their faces.

Last edited:

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
I know we most likely won't be seeing a Subspace Emissary type mode, but I'd hope they could include something like a movie or shorts. I did not like playing SE at all, but what kept me going through it were the interactions between the characters... though Sonic (Toon Link, Wolf and Jigglypuff) got screwed over.

Since this is a Ridley thread, I'll keep this on topic. I wonder what kind of interactions we'd get from Ridley. Like the trio with Metaknight, Marth and Ike.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
We will keep this thread alive. Even when the game comes out and ridley is nowhere in sight. Sakurai will get a copy of every page In this thread.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Just got 6 downvotes because I dared to reply to someone who replied to me with a Ridley size joke, and ask them isn't it getting old? >.>

Found out the hard way people at /r/smashbros can be childish morons, and I don't see it dying any time soon, want Ridley even more now to rub it in their faces.
Your sense of humor isn't very big.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? I'M SO CONFUSED.
I'm confused as well, I thought it was a joke I didn't understand for not being here that long

Also hat reminds me, I wonder why we haven't seen space pirates in smash run, unless the'yre being saved for a Wii U game mode

Last edited:

GreatRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neodragon22
3DS FC
3007-8564-4279
It's even funnier because Palutena was 100% confirmed by the exact same logic.

EDIT: That's exactly the thing. With the unchanging camera angle, we can compare Ridley's shadow to Pikachu in the same place from the same angle on Pyrosphere. We can then determine how big Bowser would be next to that Pikachu, and with that Bowser match him up to his own shadow, since we have one VERY good picture that clearly shows Bowser in the air AND his own projected shadow on the floor of the Pyrosphere.
You had my curiosity, now you got my attention. I would love to see the two images compare and see them side to side.

Last edited:
Top Bottom