• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I actually don't think he will be playable tbh and I would not put it past SSakurai to leave Ridleys fate in mystery from now all the way to release only to find out he really was just a crap stage hazard.....

TThe fact that Mewtwo wasn't announced should have ever character support thread on the edge he was considered shoe-in tier along with PPalutena and Little Mac before they were revealed and Mii and Pacman but them 2 to a slightly less extent.

It's extremely bleak for the BiG3 the so called shoe-in everyone was calling them 6months to a year ago that were one 90/ of peoples ppredicted rosters and not even one of them has been announced yet...

You really thi nk all 3 we be left secret to release? That Imo is pipe dream/delusional....

My god this smash game had the shiitest newcomers of all time
Remember when the idea of DK not getting a newcomer was laughable? Or when Mewtwo was guaranteed? So much has changed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I actually don't think he will be playable tbh and I would not put it past SSakurai to leave Ridleys fate in mystery from now all the way to release only to find out he really was just a crap stage hazard.....

TThe fact that Mewtwo wasn't announced should have ever character support thread on the edge he was considered shoe-in tier along with PPalutena and Little Mac before they were revealed and Mii and Pacman but them 2 to a slightly less extent.

It's extremely bleak for the BiG3 the so called shoe-in everyone was calling them 6months to a year ago that were one 90/ of peoples ppredicted rosters and not even one of them has been announced yet...

You really thi nk all 3 we be left secret to release? That Imo is pipe dream/delusional....

Ok then explain why mr game and watch still does not have acharacter page on the official site.

(The pac-man trailer at the very end pretty much confirmed mr game and watch even though it was just a reference.)

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Remember when the idea of DK not getting a newcomer was laughable? Or when Mewtwo was guaranteed? So much has changed.
Yeah I know. Everyone was talking about shoo-ins and stuff, but most of those haven't even been confirmed. Makes me sad. Even though I hate Mewtwo, it's an absolute crime for him not to be included.

*Sigh*

I'll be lucky to have one of the characters in my sig as playable.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
That's e="Reila, post: 16891122, member: 236748"]I will tell you something, the fact Chrom, of all characters, is likely in the game and Ridley isn't, is making salty about Smash 4. Wii Fit Trainer and Miis don't bother me in the slightest, they represent modern Nintendo and some of the most successful Wii franchises, but a generic Fire Emblem character getting in and the major villain of Metroid, one of Nintendo oldschool franchises, being ignored once again, is something that annoys me way more than it probably should. That is SO unfair to the Metroid fanbase. Dark Samus and Mother Brain as Assist Trophies isn't enough -_-

I should clarify that I am not opposed to a new Fire Emblem rep, Awakening was successful game and I understand the inclusion of a character representing the game. I am opposed to a generic boring character being the rep. Robin wouldn't bother me at all, even if Ridley isn't/wasn't in the game.[/quote]

That's actually one of the worse things that Dark Samus 100/ wwon't be playable either..... Such dissatisfaction....... So many Bull* newcomers

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Yeah I know. Everyone was talking about shoo-ins and stuff, but most of those haven't even been confirmed. Makes me sad. Even though I hate Mewtwo, it's an absolute crime for him not to be included.

*Sigh*

I'll be lucky to have one of the characters in my sig as playable.
All in all though? I'm glad to have found this out early. Better than buying the game and seeing that all of two fan favorites got in.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Ikr its really hard to know how this smash installation will turn out roster wise. it is really bugging me one who is getting cut this time

What would Kirby look like when he eats Ridley?
that Im guessing

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I agree. I want a new F-Zero more than you can imagine. But this E3 was pretty disappointing for the most part, so it's a fitting ending.
Agree to disagree. I thought this was Nintendo's best E3 in recent memory. My only complaint was the unnecessary build up for this "mystery 3DS game" that was destined to disappoint. Still, we can't get every franchise we want every year.

But I agree. A new F-Zero is sorely needed. But considering Mario Kart 8 just came out, I think we're good on Nintendo-made racers for the year. Maybe in 2015 we'll get an announcement.

D

Deleted member

Zero said on his twitter about 1/2 an hour ago that he would be at the Nintendo booth at E3 in a few hours, maybe something will happen with that?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Warning Received
It's obviously been a big piece of hippodon **** cash Miltank cow to the masses full of promotion.

AAll-star? Can be thrown out the ****ing window it happened to MK8 With Bull* characters and it's ****ing happeni ng to this game right when Rosalina got confirmation over Paper Mario I knew this roster was gonna be something pulled out of MUK & Grimer's ASS.

Kid Icarus has same amount of Rep's as metroid?
Lmao a series that just got revived and got a game in bazillion arceus years and I see people complaining that they will be mad if Dark Pit ain't playable because he is missing from Pits colour swaps?

Lmao owww my... Developer bias at its finest... Kirby has 3 reps and Metroid has 2 THAT ARE THE SAME ****ING PERSON!!!

**** me...... The amount of Bull* is Rayquaza sky high level.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Honestly I dunno why people are being so pessimistic about the roster. Even if the Gematsu leak turns out true, we have room for more.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is well known Sakurai favor the franchises he created/worked on in Smash Bros. Kirby characters were essentially the stars in SSE, plus the franchise got two reps in Brawl. If Dark Pit is playable, I wouldn't be surprised. And if Ridley was in the game, honestly, he could put the whole ****ing cast of Kid Icarus Uprising in Smash and I wouldn't complain (the game is actually pretty good, ok?).

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It's obviously been a big piece of hippodon **** cash Miltank cow to the masses full of promotion.

AAll-star? Can be thrown out the ****ing window it happened to MK8 With Bull* characters and it's ****ing happeni ng to this game right when Rosalina got confirmation over Paper Mario I knew this roster was gonna be something pulled out of MUK & Grimer's ***.

Lmao a series that just got revived and got a game in bazillion arceus years and I see people complaining that they will be mad if Dark Pit ain't playable because he is missing from Pits colour swaps?

Lmao owww my... Developer bias at its finest... Kirby has 3 reps and Metroid has 2 THAT ARE THE SAME ****ING PERSON!!!

Have you been taking your meds?

And yeah, I think Sakurai is showing some favoritism towards KI Uprising, despite claiming that he was modest. Towards Kirby at least. He didn't say anything about Kid Icarus, seeing how he didn't create that series, only Uprising.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Honestly I dunno why people are being so pessimistic about the roster. Even if the Gematsu leak turns out true, we have room for more.
The character select screen evidence does not bode well.

Honestly, at this point, I'm just redirecting all my hopes towards the DLC the leaker mentioned, because other than Mac and Mega Man, I either dislike or am incredibly indifferent to every other newcomer.

What bothers me even more is that we'll never get any reasons as to why the popular choices were passed over.

Last edited:

Reila

Hey, anyone remember that time when this thread was actually fun?
The times we thought Ridley had moderately high chances of being playable and the he would likely be announced at E3? Yup, fun times.

D

Deleted member

Remember guys, Miis don't take slots on the roster, if the Gematsu leak is true, we'll have 47 slots, we are getting 49(+random) or 50 anyways

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Plus DLC so it does look good for some characters though I doubt it would help Ridley. I honestly think if Ridley is confirmed to be a stage hazard it absolutely over for him (having two Ridleys is extremely unlikely) but since we know he's in the game already as a fact its either he'll be playable or a stage hazard. I still think he's likely to be playable.

It is well known Sakurai favor the franchises he created/worked on in Smash Bros. Kirby characters were essentially the stars in SSE, plus the franchise got two reps in Brawl. If Dark Pit is playable, I wouldn't be surprised. And if Ridley was in the game, honestly, he could put the whole ****ing cast of Kid Icarus Uprising in Smash and I wouldn't complain (the game is actually pretty good, ok?).
Dark Pit being confirmed would basically be like Sakurai giving us the middle finger.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't buy this notion at all. He put off forever on adding Dedede and Metaknight into the game, despite numerous fan requests to add them in. Pit was a huge request as well for a long time before finally being added. Kid Icarus got a great reboot. He's not favoring his characters that much over others.

That said, it is a bit annoying he'd choose a second KI rep over Ridley and K. Rool, but I don't see him favoring his franchises as much as everyone says.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302

AAll-star? Can be thrown out the ****ing window it happened to MK8 With Bull* characters and it's ****ing happeni ng to this game right when Rosalina got confirmation over Paper Mario I knew this roster was gonna be something pulled out of MUK & Grimer's ***.

Calm down

Reila

I don't buy this notion at all. He put off forever on adding Dedede and Metaknight into the game, despite numerous fan requests to add them in. Pit was a huge request as well for a long time before finally being added. Kid Icarus got a great reboot. He's not favoring his characters that much over others.

That said, it is a bit annoying he'd choose a second KI rep over Ridley and K. Rool, but I don't see him favoring his franchises as much as everyone says.
I think he does favor his franchises, but I am not really complaining about that. Most people would do the same in his place.
Dark Pit being confirmed would basically be like Sakurai giving us the middle finger.
And that is why I am glad Smash comes out in Japan a month earlier than in the rest of the world. I want to know the full roster before spending a ****load of money in a new system and in the game.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
The character select screen evidence does not bode well.

Honestly, at this point, I'm just redirecting all my hopes towards the DLC the leaker mentioned, because other than Mac and Mega Man, I either dislike or am incredibly indifferent to every other newcomer.

What bothers me even more is that we'll never get any reasons as to why the popular choices were passed over.
Well, for those pessimistic about the possible roster size, I kinda made a thing.

Well! Thanks to magical powers of Photoshop, I think I found out the roster size! ... Maybe.

So! Here's the roster of the demo:

It has a total of 20 characters + a random slot. Pretty solid for a demo.

Now, lets add some slots to make that a perfect rectangle.

This gives us a whooping 23 slots. There's still some space to the sides, though. Lets cover them!

... Could only add 3 more. So here's a 27 big roster. Seeing that we have 34 characters revealed, there's clearly something wrong here. Let's do the same as Brawl and shrink those slots!

Now we're at 48 slots... huh. It seems whoever did that estimation was somewhat right. But, assuming the Brawl crew comes back with the lowest amount of cuts possible (two, Ivysaur and Squirtle) at 37, plus the 9 newcomers shown, there'd be only a single space left in the roster (Mewtwo?)... which, unless it means there have been a boatload of cuts, means that the roster is pretty much underwhelming. So many popular characters are being left out.

However, let's get a little crazy here. So, we had 64's roster, which had 2 rows; then Melee, with 3; and then Brawl, with 4. Let's say this game does add one extra row to it's roster. That'd bring the roster size to...

... an outstanding 60 slots! That is quite a large amount of smashers, would't you say? Though, 59 is a bit of a weird number. Plus, this roster isn't as wide as the demo roster. Let's expand it a little bit more one more time.

Here's the best possible roster. 65 slots - 64 players and a random slot! Not only would this size be the ultimate fanservice Sakurai could deliver, but the amount of characters is 64; a perfect throwback to the original game!

Now, I don't mean to hype you up, nor do I want to dissapoint you; I just did this for fun. Though it gives me a really cool idea of what the roster would be like.

Brainstorming here.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I'll wait till we know the complete roster before judging it. It's disappointing that Ridley wasn't shown this E3 (unless ZeRo surprises us), but it's not the end of the world. I know the idea of having to wait another 3 months is daunting, but I'd rather do that than have a straight disconfirmation.
I want Ridley to be playable just as bad as you guys, but I'm not letting this lower my excitement for this game.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
*rage*

*more rage
I for one loved the fact the Koopalings were playable. My only complain for the MK8 roster was Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach, the former making no canonical sense, and the latter being plain dumb.

As for SSB current roster, Rosalina's reveal was insanely obvious with all the attention she's been getting lately. As for future newcomers, I don't think there's only 3 left. That would be terribly disappointing.

Smash4's roster is like an easter egg hunt: we've just been finding a bunch of rotten eggs, or non-purple eggs.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Just tired of getting screwed over 24/7
if Mewtwo is not in the game Aswell as Ridley and K. Rool I am going to go BeZerKk!

It's incredible how much of a joke this is turning out to be.... Brawl didn't have Ridley or K. Rool and it cut Mewtwo.....

Screwed over so hard and on the other hand they are people who are ticking off characters from there wishlist left right and centre.... (-_-)

It's Bull* Real ****ING Talk.

Edit: and yes I have no problem with the koopalings I love there inclusion.

@ The King of Skulls The King of Skulls
Metal mario
baby daisy/peach Rosalina
gold peach
Honey bee

However can **** off

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Oh, I can imagine the rage and disappointment from millions of fans everywhere when the final roster is leaked weeks before the 3DS game's release.

Thar we go. (Ridley's largest size, BTW)

Blurry pictures proving Ridley's existence? I feel like a Bigfoot hunter.
I knew it. Thanks for providing the comparison, Dalek_Kolt.

Hazardly is not going to be a thrilling, or even interesting to fight boss if we can already play as characters that are far bigger and scarier than him. As we can see, Giga Bowser dwarfs Ridley in both size and length, something that bosses absolutely have to excel in if they're going to fight against four other players. This just shows that Ridley is merely going to be a piñata that will get the crap beaten out of him, so the lucky player who beats him can get some random perk in the process. There really is no excuse for this; how come we get to play as the nightmarishly huge Giga Bowser but not Samus's infamous adversary? The Invitational even showed that the Yellow Devil wasn't a big threat to the other players during the match, as he often left the stage after a short period of time.

Good God, this is going to be so humiliating for the Metroid franchise.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I agree. I want a new F-Zero more than you can imagine. But this E3 was pretty disappointing for the most part, so it's a fitting ending.
But this E3 was pretty disappointing
this E3 was pretty disappointing
E3 pretty disappointing
E3 disappointing

New beautiful open-world Zelda game, Yoshi's Wooly World, Stop-Motion Kirby, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bayonetta 2 bundled with Bayo1, Smash Tournament, 3 Smash announcements, Star Fox announcement...Fire Emblem and Advance Wars tease, next 3D Mario tease...

Yeah, the Smash game with Megaman, Rosalina, Villager, Palutena and Little Mac had the ****tiest newcomers :/

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
E3 pretty disappointing
E3 disappointing

New beautiful open-world Zelda game, Yoshi's Wooly World, Stop-Motion Kirby, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bayonetta 2 bundled with Bayo1, Smash Tournament, 3 Smash announcements, Star Fox announcement...Fire Emblem and Advance Wars tease, next 3D Mario tease...
E3 didn't disappoint me at all lol, the only thing that disappointed was the Smash reveals. And only because it just proved the leak and now we have little hope for the rest of the roster.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
tumblr_lrq9glfZ6N1qbcygao1_r1_250.gif

N64/Stage Cameo
Melee/Intro & Trophy
Brawl/ 2 major bosses in story mode

(notice the significance of his role is becoming more important as he gains more spotlight and exposure in metroid series)

Sm4sh/ stupid drunk stage hazard boss on crack

Last edited:

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
E3 didn't disappoint me at all lol, the only thing that disappointed was the Smash reveals. And only because it just proved the leak and now we have little hope for the rest of the roster.
I think the Smash reveals were disappointing mostly because we were basically expecting them due to the Sal leak.

Last edited:

Reila

The E3 for Nintendo was pretty good, unless you are exclusively a 3DS player. lol There was NOTHING for the 3DS, only that weird new IP.

Anyway, this is off-topic, lets go back to Ridley, shall we?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
E3 pretty disappointing
E3 disappointing

Yeah, the Smash game with Megaman, Rosalina, Villager, Palutena and Little Mac had the ****tiest newcomers :/
3D Mario tease?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
E3 pretty disappointing
E3 disappointing

3D mario tease?

Top Bottom