• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TKraix

Smash Rookie
Well.... There is only one thing we can do now guy's....

Kill ZeRo
ZeRo Said: ,,Pre announcements of announcements? Absolutely, actually... yeah. Expect something extremely hype to be announced tomorrow."
That didn't destroy the hipe. This could still relate to Smash Bros

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
OK... This is getting drunk....

Is something sexy happening at 3AM in the morning or not? Because I AM NOT STAYINGUP TO 3AM AGAIN!!

I did for the invitationalbut that was hype wo rthy enough plus I thought Mewtwo would be announced after

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
As is stands now no one should be expecting Ridley anymore anyway, and if we somehow get him then that's wonderful - but convincing yourself he's still playable seems fairly futile as this point.
Really? Drop all hope just because he wasn't shown at E3? That seems a bit too harsh IMO. :glare:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Am I correct in the presumption that you are asserting that Ridley is not playable in the game, period? Or did I misconstrue your sentiment, do you perhaps mean that he is not going to be revealed at e3? If you are alluding to the latter, I am in agreement; however, if you are referring to the former, there is no logical base for such a proclamation whatsoever.
No logical base? That's quite the exaggeration. There is a definite logical base in which to assume Ridley will be absent from the playable roster - as many longtime, dedicated Ridley supporters have already acknowledged, however I am merely stating with all the evidence building up against Ridley, to convince oneself, assume, or expect that he will still playable is akin to fighting a losing battle; it might turn around, but chances are it won't - and not coming to terms with that is only going to hurt yourself more in the long run.

Really? Drop all hope just because he wasn't shown at E3? That seems a bit too harsh IMO. :glare:
My statement had nothing to do with E3.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Warning Received
All of you people spouting "OMG RIDL3Y IS GUNNA B ANNOUNCED TODAY CUZ SAKURAI IS UNPREDICTABLE"

-gif removed-

We get it. You think Ridley is going to be announced, fantastic. That doesn't mean you have post that belief every 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
OK... This is getting drunk....

Is something sexy happening at 3AM in the morning or not? Because I AM NOT STAYINGUP TO 3AM AGAIN!!

I did for the invitationalbut that was hype wo rthy enough plus I thought Mewtwo would be announced after
Don't stay up

imo

Worst case you'll see tomorrow anyways

Morbi

Scavenger
No logical base? That's quite the exaggeration. There is a definite logical base in which to assume Ridley will be absent from the playable roster - as many longtime, dedicated Ridley supporters have already acknowledged, however I am merely stating with all the evidence building up against Ridley, to convince oneself or assume that he will still playable is akin to fighting a losing battle; it might turn around, but chances are it won't - and not coming to terms with that is only going to hurt yourself more in the long run.
Ah, the ambiguous allusion. I believe that is more evidence based than logic based as there is logic that entirely contradicts that sentiment. However, I suppose I should respect your opinion.

domokl

Smash Lord
No logical base? That's quite the exaggeration. There is a definite logical base in which to assume Ridley will be absent from the playable roster - as many longtime, dedicated Ridley supporters have already acknowledged, however I am merely stating with all the evidence building up against Ridley, to convince oneself or assume that he will still playable is akin to fighting a losing battle; it might turn around, but chances are it won't - and not coming to terms with that is only going to hurt yourself more in the long run.

My statement had nothing to do with E3.
If this is about the gematsu leak may I direct you to the 51 character thread.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
ZeRo Said: ,,Pre announcements of announcements? Absolutely, actually... yeah. Expect something extremely hype to be announced tomorrow."
That didn't destroy the hipe. This could still relate to Smash Bros
I expect to see a Majora's Mask remake. He could be referring to that.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Well after e3 am pretty sure nintendo hates the metriod franchise now so I am assuming a dead franchise wont get a newcomer. well the hype train is dead for me, i guess il play smash 4 when i get a wii u at the end of this generation. Hopefully Nintendo will change for the better when smash 5 starts development.

Morbi

Scavenger
Do you mean the thread that thinks there's going to be 51 characters because of the size of the ui?

that's one of the few threads stupider than this one right now
Not necessarily just that thread; the character selection screen cannot be discerned based on a demo (objectively speaking). As we obviously do not have the final format, we do not know the scaling, etc. So ANY thread claiming to know the number of slots is incompetent.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
All of you people spouting "OMG RIDL3Y IS GUNNA B ANNOUNCED TODAY CUZ SAKURAI IS UNPREDICTABLE"

We get it. You think Ridley is going to be announced, fantastic. That doesn't mean you have post that belief every 5 minutes.
Ridley's gonna be announced.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Poor Little Mac doesn't stand a chance.
Unless it's Stage Hazardly where he just hovers awhile for no reason constantly while Mac punches the **** out of him. sadface

And I definitely see where N3on's coming from. Have pretty much already gotten over the initial disappointment anyway which was before even E3. Am just here for the ride regarding whatever happens or gets discussed here next. :ohwell:

Well after e3 am pretty sure nintendo hates the metriod franchise now so I am assuming a dead franchise wont get a newcomer. well the hype train is dead for me, i guess il play smash 4 when i get a wii u at the end of this generation. Hopefully Nintendo will change for the better when smash 5 starts development.
Hates the Metroid franchise? More like they're just too unsure of what to do with it after Other M's failure. But yeah, little doubt it'll still be in limbo like Star Fox was for quite awhile.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

[image gonna get removed because swear]

Er... lest you want to get a warning, I suggest you to change that image, quickly.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Not necessarily just that thread; the character selection screen cannot be discerned based on a demo (objectively speaking). As we obviously do not have the final format, we do not know the scaling, etc. So ANY thread claiming to know the number of slots is incompetent.
mmhmm. Wasn't trying to insult any specific boardgoers. those kinds of arguments in general are just ridiculous.

However the discussion in this thread as of late hasn't been inspiring. I wish I wasn't stuck at work, lol.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
mmhmm. Wasn't trying to insult any specific boardgoers. those kinds of arguments in general are just ridiculous.

However the discussion in this thread as of late hasn't been inspiring. I wish I wasn't stuck at work, lol.
Do not worry, that was not necessarily directed at you. I just felt like illuminating that notion because almost everyone is entirely convinced that we will get 47 characters (and random button) based on the current UI.

Which obviously contradicts Ridley's inclusion. Something I do not find to be feasible.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, honestly, that Ridley in the Little Mac screenshot looks like he's only about double the height of Little Mac. If we get Ridley as a stage boss and he's that small, that's pretty ridiculous.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

CENSORED

Dude change the picture i believe there is a rule about cussing here on smashboards you need to bleep the bad words.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Vet reveals are possible, I mean it is pretty weird that not a single vet was shown at E3 (even Game & Watch wasn't technically confirmed, just hinted at) but I don't know about a newcomer at this point (especially since Sakurai isn't there to make the announcement anymore).
Um, maybe I shouldn't have been as ambiguous. What I meant was that I as far as I know, there has been nothing official on further announcements, and if there are more, and they occur in a trailer, only then is it more likely another newcomer will come.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If this is about the gematsu leak may I direct you to the 51 character thread.
....you mean the thing in which the Metroid series placement can be swapped out on that roster for Kirby or SF or any series with three characters? The creator moved many series out of order, that roster is clearly just a prediction, not a fact.

Ah, the ambiguous allusion. I believe that is more evidence based than logic based as there is logic that entirely contradicts that sentiment. However, I suppose I should respect your opinion.
Evidence is concrete while logic is theoretical. There is logic to support dozens of characters that didn't and won't end up playable.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Guess what? I believe that Ridley is going to be announced today based on the merit that Sakurai is unpredictable.
Of course you would, MorbidOptimism.

The image will be removed anyway, so it'd be almost pointless.
But it'll be amusing while it lasts.

Or you could just, you know, go to a different thread if it's bothering you that much.
But there is worthwhile information being exchanged between the #ridley@e3totesmcgotes posts.

Morbi

Scavenger
....you mean the thing in which the Metroid series placement can be swapped out on that roster for Kirby or SF or any series with three characters? The creator moved many series out of order, that roster is clearly just a prediction, not a fact.

Evidence is concrete while logic is theoretical. There is logic to support dozens of characters that didn't and won't end up playable.
I agree with this sentiment, that is the inherent problem with supporting Ridley. However, I am an advocate of logical reasoning. If the evidence was definitive, I would have precisely the same perspective as you. I am not necessarily asserting that your reasoning is fallacious. As you stated, evidence is concrete. Detractors have that in their favor. But that is just one piece of evidence, it will take much more than that to convince me beyond a reasonable doubt.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So I checked out that Ridley pick again and he actually looks quite badass. He appears to be a cross between Other M (bulky body) and more classic Ridley. It honestly does look legit, the question is just up to whether or not Ridley is playable. We'll have to see.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
So I checked out that Ridley pick again and he actually looks quite badass. He appears to be a cross between Other M (bulky body) and more classic Ridley. It honestly does look legit, the question is just up to whether or not Ridley is playable. We'll have to see.
Ridley pic?!? What mystical page of magic and fun is this on?!? Seriously, I've been gone for about ten pages and have no idea what's going on.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ridley pick?!? What mystical page of magic and fun is this on?!? Seriously, I've been gone for about ten pages and have no idea what's going on.
The previous page.

I was joking iit's going to be this

View attachment 16066

Thar we go. (Ridley's largest size, BTW)

Blurry pictures proving Ridley's existence? I feel like a Bigfoot hunter.
Definitely. It is not fake at all, other websites have been trying to refute it for hours.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I agree with this sentiment, that is the inherent problem with supporting Ridley. However, I am an advocate of logical reasoning. If the evidence was definitive, I would have precisely the same perspective as you. I am not necessarily asserting that your reasoning is fallacious. As you stated, evidence is concrete. Detractors have that in their favor. But that is just one piece of evidence, it will take much more than that to convince me beyond a reasonable doubt.
I bet logical reasoning didn't help many predict WFT, Rosalina, Villager (cause of Sakurai), Greninja, probably Chorus Kids, etc. while Ridley, K. Rool, Takamaru, Dixie, Mewtwo, Toad, etc. (who logically have quite a bit in their favour) will probably be sitting on the sidelines. Not counting possibilities as DLC obv.

Logic is all fine and good, but it's not the be-all-and-end-all of speculation, and when evidence and precedent comes along to shake that logic, holding on even more tight to it is what turns out to be illogical. I'm not saying Ridley as an inclusion wasn't logical, but at this point there's been enough to knock him down a few pegs into "pretty unlikely" territory, and people who want to act as if that never happened are in for a rude yet predictable awakening once the full roster is out.

Top Bottom