• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Question: Who the heck is ZeRo? And what is up with the announcement by him that everyone's talking about?
ZeRo is the guy who won the Smash Invitational using Zero Suit Samus.

On Reddit, he said that he had a "hype announcement" to share today concerning Smash (probably near the end of the day). Whether this is character news or something else remains to be seen.

D

Deleted member

Question: Who the heck is ZeRo? And what is up with the announcement by him that everyone's talking about?
Winner of the Invitational Tournament, one of the best if not the Best competitive Brawl players in the world right now, he's also on CT's pro team for Smash.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If I recall, he's the one who won the tournament.
Thanks.
I am hype.

Winner of the invitational he posted on the reddit something extremly hype was being annouced today
ZeRo is the guy who won the Smash Invitational using Zero Suit Samus.

On Reddit, he said that he had a "hype announcement" to share today concerning Smash (probably near the end of the day). Whether this is character news or something else remains to be seen.
Winner of the Invitational Tournament, one of the best if not the Best competitive Brawl players in the world right now, he's also on CT's pro team for Smash.
You three just got ninja'd.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Hm, I see. I was thinking about the possibility of Nintendo not wanting to announce him before the release... because of his design, if that makes sense.
Well, he wasn't announced as a boss in brawl before it's release, and he was two bosses. So there is a precedent for Ridley being a boss and not being announced before release. I think that's our worst case scenario.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, he wasn't announced as a boss in brawl before it's release, and he was two bosses. So there is a precedent for Ridley being a boss and not being announced before release. I think that's our worst case scenario.
We don't exactly have any precedent for characters being teased with the possibility of being playable and then being later shown to not be playable though.

We don't exactly have much precedent for characters being teased at all, except for Paul Tennant. And that turned out.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
We don't exactly have any precedent for characters being teased with the possibility of being playable and then being later shown to not be playable though.

We don't exactly have much precedent for characters being teased at all, except for Paul Tennant. And that turned out.
Your account is 2007. Don't you remember the Ridley teases? Brinstar being announced. Then Ridley's music being it's own update. And the fact that ZZS was shown during the initial trailer made people think there was more metroid to come. Sure, the tease wasn't as strong. But that doesn't mean it isn't happening again.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I dunno, Ridley could still hover anyway, and its still not sure if Pit had the leaf or not. I didn't see it, someone else made the remark. :p

I don't think we'll get a Ridley announcement at this point, but at least a veteran villain announcement would be great.
For the record, Palutena hovers in her intro video. So it is a possibility.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ok guys, hear me out on this.
What if, maybe, we get a Villains Trailer, and it shows the return of Wario, revamped Ganondorf, fixed Meta Knight, and finally the return of Mewtwo.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
Just when you think the trailer is over, we get K. Rool, followed by Ridley.

That would be the most hype thing ever (except for the fact that it's missing the N64 vets, and the Melee retroes).

Xenorange

Smash Lord
What if, maybe, we get a Villains Trailer, and it shows the return of Wario, revamped Ganondorf, fixed Meta Knight, and finally the return of Mewtwo.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

That would be the most hype thing ever (except for the fact that it's missing the N64 vets, and the Melee retroes).
Hype would be an understatement, I would cry tears of pure joy.

D

Deleted member

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Unfortunately 6 characters in one reveal seems to be a pipe dream.

But if by some magic that were to happen, I would die out of excitement.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Your account is 2007. Don't you remember the Ridley teases? Brinstar being announced. Then Ridley's music being it's own update. And the fact that ZZS was shown during the initial trailer made people think there was more metroid to come. Sure, the tease wasn't as strong. But that doesn't mean it isn't happening again.
Ridley's music I would not call a tease. No matter what Ridley's role was, if his theme wasn't used as a Metroid track that would be REALLY weird for a few reasons. Norfair being announced, maybe. But we didn't have any precedent in Brawl of stages being linked to newcomers like we do now. Zero Suit Samus is not a Ridley tease.

This time, we had Pyrosphere in a game where we also got Palutena's Temple, Arena Ferox, a few Mii stages, a boxing ring, and Mario Galaxy all announced before newcomers who were directly linked to those stages. The Pyrosphere stage was put out with an explicit statement that implied Ridley would be in the Wii U version of the game at the very least.

Then we saw Ridley's shadow, and have been receiving an amount of very direct teasing that still is deliberately leaving us with nothing to really sit on for sure. The only other character who had anything like that would be Palutena.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
OH MY GOOOOOOOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, it's sadly a fake, you will never catch me alive my friends =p
That actually looks really good. The lighting on the eyes, general lighting on the model as a whole. His pose is a bit too upright, and the loop is a bit whacky, but that's it. Very well made for a fake.

I actually wondered previously today how it'd look with Ridley clapping for the opponents, so this is a pretty neat coincidence.

Last edited:

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Cool

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Quote="Mega Bidoof, post: 16889734, member: 223000"]Question: Who the heck is ZeRo? And what is up with the announcement by him that everyone's talking about?[/quote]
It's gonna be official release date and info of GC Adapter

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

That would be one of the happiest days of my life.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Quote="Mega Bidoof, post: 16889734, member: 223000"]Question: Who the heck is ZeRo? And what is up with the announcement by him that everyone's talking about?
It's gonna be official release date and info of GC Adapter[/quote]
What makes you say that?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

I highly doubt it. If anything, we'd see three veteran villains and one newcomer villain, PERHAPS with a K. Rool tease (showing his vague silhouette with him laughing) but that's the best you can hope for.

EDIT: Official release date isn't much of a disappointment, that's actually quite nice. It would've been nice to also have a veteran villain reveal, though.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ridley's music I would not call a tease. No matter what Ridley's role was, if his theme wasn't used as a Metroid track that would be REALLY weird for a few reasons. Norfair being announced, maybe. But we didn't have any precedent in Brawl of stages being linked to newcomers like we do now. Zero Suit Samus is not a Ridley tease.

This time, we had Pyrosphere in a game where we also got Palutena's Temple, Arena Ferox, a few Mii stages, a boxing ring, and Mario Galaxy all announced before newcomers who were directly linked to those stages. The Pyrosphere stage was put out with an explicit statement that implied Ridley would be in the Wii U version of the game at the very least.

Then we saw Ridley's shadow, and have been receiving an amount of very direct teasing that still is deliberately leaving us with nothing to really sit on for sure. The only other character who had anything like that would be Palutena.
It's not that not using his theme would've been weird

it's that one of the daily updates was his theme specifically

after a different update that was the place you fight him in Metroid

This time, we also have a nintendog stage, and a balloon fight stage. They mean nothing.

The only thing we can really question is was Sakurai trolling by implying Ridley was a boss or not. It's really the only thing that matters now atm.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

You are not helping everyone's nerves

Edit: what the fridge?

I just said that's what I think it's going to be? " I'm not that evil.... Although I did make a fake leak in the original leak thread that got locked and said Arceus would be a poke all and done earthquakes by lifting it's legs and smashing the floor.

I'm still a bit giddy I done that he heheh this was before Arceus was announced

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I just realized.
The E3 2013 trailer had 9 vets, and 2 newcomers.
If we got a trailer with Wario, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, and 2 villain newcomers (maybe 3 *cough* Ghirahim *cough*), that would be less than E3 2013's Big Hype Trailer.

So it doesn't seem THAT out of the question now....

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I just realized.
If we got a trailer with Wario, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, and 2 villain newcomers (maybe 3 *cough* Ghirahim *cough*), that would be less than E3 2013's Big Hype Trailer.

I still find it hard to believe we wouldn't get any veteran reveals at all.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I just realized.

On the other hand, they may not want to blow their load with so many more characters, as they may intend to spread out reveals to sustain interest in the remaining months. Moreover, people like Ganondorf may be secret (unlockable) characters, so they may not even be confirmed until the 3DS release.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I just realized.

9 vets, 3 newcomers.

but the vets were mario and crew... so I don't exactly think they counted

We got 3 newcomers this E3, 3 last E3. I think we're done. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Maybe the villain trailer could work somewhat like how the villains popped up and attacked Robot Chicken Reggie in the Digital Event.

Reggie could be saying, "All right everyone! That's it for this year's E3! Be sure to check out our -" Then the villains come up on a big screen, and there is hype.

domokl

Smash Lord
Wait they just told zero their was a hype annoucment but didn't acutally say what it was?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Wait they just told zero their was a hype annoucment but didn't acutally say what it was?
No. Zero just said there was going to be a hype announcement. He didn't say if it was his or Nintendo's. We literally don't know anything. It most likely won't be a new character.

domokl

Smash Lord
No. Zero just said there was going to be a hype announcement. He didn't say if it was his or Nintendo's. We literally don't know anything. It most likely won't be a new character.
What makes you say that? Only thing that would hype people is a new character. I bet that's what it i

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Now now, why so pessimistic? It could be a character announcement, we don't know anything yet.

Top Bottom