• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Maybe the villain trailer could work somewhat like how the villains popped up and attacked Robot Chicken Reggie in the Digital Event.

Reggie could be saying, "All right everyone! That's it for this year's E3! Be sure to check out our -" Then the villains come up on a big screen, and there is hype.
It all adds up now!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What was zero exact words..... Did he just say

''they will be smash news later''

Or

''They will be Big Smash news later''

Stop mixing hype with the RealTalk

What did he exactly say

Khoru

Smash Champion
zero said that in response to
"For now, I only wish to ask if there will be an announcement or something for when you start the AMA, because as an avid fan of Smash, I am really looking forward to hear impressions :) Good luck in your future endeavors!"
soooooo

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Now now, why so pessimistic? It could be a character announcement, we don't know anything yet.
I'm being pessimistic because it looks like the sal leak is probably true. Which means on the off chance we get a new character announcement, it'll just be chrom or something.

Besides, I doubt Nintendo would give someone who won a tournament the go ahead to announce a new character, or show one to him

But no, I totally wish I'm wrong. I'm just very skeptical at the moment.

@ Dark Phazon Dark Phazon "
Pre announcements of announcements? Absolutely, actually... yeah. Expect something extremely hype to be announced tomorrow."

I assume it's going to be for his AMA tonight at 10pm EST. I doubt he's going to announce a new character for smash at a reddit AMA

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm being pessimistic because it looks like the sal leak is probably true. Which means on the off chance we get a new character announcement, it'll just be chrom or something.

Besides, I doubt Nintendo would give someone who won a tournament the go ahead to announce a new character, or show one to him

But no, I totally wish I'm wrong. I'm just very skeptical at the moment.

@ Dark Phazon Dark Phazon "
Pre announcements of announcements? Absolutely, actually... yeah. Expect something extremely hype to be announced tomorrow."

I assume it's going to be for his AMA tonight at 10pm EST. I doubt he's going to announce a new character for smash at a reddit AMA
I don't think they'd give him the go ahead to announce a new character, but I could see the tournament winner getting special privilege to see or even play as a new unannounced character.

I Bet You Can

Smash Cadet
Okay, My bad, I honestly didn't mean to offend anyone who likes Splatoon, In fact I really like it too. I didn't mean to call it boring I just really need confirmation on ridley. I'm really letting it get to me aren't I?

Can we all be friends again?

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I don't think they'd give him the go ahead to announce a new character, but I could see the tournament winner getting special privilege to see or even play as a new unannounced character.
I dunno. Sounds unlikely to me.

I hope you guys are right, but it feels like to me this hype train is gonna come down with a major case of blue balls

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Quote="Mega Bidoof, post: 16889734, member: 223000"]Question: Who the heck is ZeRo? And what is up with the announcement by him that everyone's talking about?
It's gonna be official release date and info of GC Adapter[/quote]

Do you have proof thats all they are announcing at 7pm pst?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I got worried for a moment because I have art class from 6:00 to 7:00, but then I remember that it won't happen till 10:00 since I'm on EST.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
[quote"Robertman2, post: 16890267, member: 243123"]You better not be lying. You're telling the truth right?[/quote]
Dude I'm not Mewtwo I'm not psychic I'm in the dark type as much as you I don't know the chansey that Ridley will be shown.

I don't have insider info I am not ZeRo

Why leave me alone I'm not special

I may live in London and have a lot of RealTalk but thats it I promise

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As is stands now no one should be expecting Ridley anymore anyway, and if we somehow get him then that's wonderful - but convincing yourself he's still playable seems fairly futile as this point.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok yea if the announcement is ridley is playable, and also turn out to be a double characater trailer, (charizard and greninja is the example) and the other one is mewtwo, i might need a restraining jacket because im going to go insane.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

He's there at 50 seconds. I think he's about the same size as Brawl's, although he could be a little bit bigger. He still has the same animation from before, so that's subject to change.

Giga Bowser is going to make Ridley look like an adorable puppy.

Thar we go. (Ridley's largest size, BTW)

Blurry pictures proving Ridley's existence? I feel like a Bigfoot hunter.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
You guys look like you could use something to chill out with...have a bit of a joke:

If Ridley isn't playable, a video like this will be made for him in practically the same vein.

TKraix

Smash Rookie
I'm confused about what ZeRo said?
he said that there will be a announcement which is going to make us extremely hiped. Nothing hipes more than a character reveal and it is possible that Nintendo gave some information to the winner of the smash tournament.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
he said that there will be a announcement which is going to make us extremely hiped. Nothing hipes more than a character reveal and it is possible that Nintendo gave some information to the winner of the smash tournament.
Tonight?

Morbi

Scavenger
As is stands now no one should be expecting Ridley anymore anyway, and if we somehow get him then that's wonderful - but convincing yourself he's still playable seems fairly futile as this point.
Am I correct in the presumption that you are asserting that Ridley is not playable in the game, period? Or did I misconstrue your sentiment, do you perhaps mean that he is not going to be revealed at e3? If you are alluding to the latter, I am in agreement; however, if you are referring to the former, there is no logical base for such a proclamation whatsoever.

Top Bottom