• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Fire Emblem Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game I played and I absolutely loved it so I personally would love to see Chrom in Smash Bros (though it does seem an unpopular opinion around here)
Neither of those posts had anything to do with Chrom.

edit: CONAN, not Chrom. :p

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm sure this has already been mentioned somewhere in the massive amount of pages added on after E3, but Palutena's reveal does bode well for Ridley. Both experienced similar "teasing" previously (particularly how their stages were revealed) in a way that they were obviously being acknowledged, but not directly referenced to. And look what happened to Palutena.
The difference is Palutena was leaked, Ridley wasn't. Even I'm starting to get depressed. I still think all hints point towards him being playable, there's just some things that bother me about that stupid leak. Any newcomers not on the leak would help raise my spirits (or a Ganondorf revamp).

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Any newcomers not on the leak would help raise my spirits
I think this would make just about everyone one this website a lot happier. The gematsu leak looks pretty confirmed at this point since Shulk and Chrom are pretty obvious choices and there are rhythm heaven enemies in smash run. So many people have lost faith in their favorite characters and believe that we're only getting the gematsu characters for newcomers.

We just need one non-gematsu newcomer to cheer everybody up.

quad_draxis

Smash Rookie
I think this would make just about everyone one this website a lot happier. The gematsu leak looks pretty confirmed at this point since Shulk and Chrom are pretty obvious choices and there are rhythm heaven enemies in smash run. So many people have lost faith in their favorite characters and believe that we're only getting the gematsu characters for newcomers.

One non-Gematsu trailer? Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwDt8Y2rwhI

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428

Well we already have Rosalina who wasn't in the Gematsu leak, so we can assume that our buddy Sal doesn't know everything. Still an unexpected character would make everyone happy.

Morbi

Scavenger

Ridley is that one non-Gematsu newcomer to cheer everybody up. I can see clearly now, he was saved purposely, Ridley has a much BIGGER role in what is to come. He will be the character to restore all hope within the Smash community. He was destined for so much more than a meager e3 reveal. In fact, I would assert that that is an insult to his character! Are we really comparing Ridley to Villager? Are we really comparing Ridley to Wii Fit Trainer? Are we really comparing Ridley to Mii? Poor Palutena was insinuated to be a lesser being. Would we want the same for Ridley? Nay, I say! Nay!

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
One non-Gematsu trailer? Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwDt8Y2rwhI
Ridley is that one non-Gematsu newcomer to cheer everybody up. I can see clearly now, he was saved purposely, Ridley has a much BIGGER role in what is to come. He will be the character to restore all hope within the Smash community. He was destined for so much more than a meager e3 reveal. In fact, I would assert that that is an insult to his character! Are we really comparing Ridley to Villager? Are we really comparing Ridley to Wii Fit Trainer? Are we really comparing Ridley to Mii? Poor Palutena was insinuated to be a lesser being. Would we want the same for Ridley? Nay, I say! Nay!
Of course!

Ridley deserves better than a meager e3 reveal. In fact, I believe that Ridley will receive his own holiday on the day of his reveal. Yes, Ridley will be announced on National Ridley Awareness Day. You heard it here first, folks.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
K.Rool and/or Ridley would compensate for the incredibly lackluster newcomer roster we've had thus far.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I'm thinking at some point they could do a villain reveal, like Ganondorf, Ghirahim, King K Rool, Ridley, MetaKnight, whathaveyou. Right now there's just Bowser. Or, they could leave all the badguys as unlockables and you have to defeat them in some mode to get them. That would be cool.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I'm thinking at some point they could do a villain reveal, like Ganondorf, Ghirahim, King K Rool, Ridley, MetaKnight, whathaveyou. Right now there's just Bowser. Or, they could leave all the badguys as unlockables and you have to defeat them in some mode to get them. That would be cool.
It is strange that they teased Wario and Ganondorf without revealing them.

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428

Kamiko

Smash Ace
OK LOL, I feel kinda clueless now, I mean I saw them put never thought of them being teased for Smash. I thought the Mother 3 things was more hinting at Mother 3 on the E-Shop but if that's released that will massively help Lucas's chances.
Well they got teased just in general, so it could be a coincidence. But note that they chose to use Wario instead of the obvious choice of Bowser. Then Smash was shown immediately after.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, considering Rosalina, I look forward to the newcomers we'll get that have nothing to do with the Gematsu leak. The way things are sitting now, I could see us getting at most seven more newcomers - One in the august direct, and six hidden. Even if we wasted used three on the Gematsu leak, that's plenty of room for the most too big character there is. :p

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Guys, cheer up, and look at the wonderful conciliatory gift of Miis Sakurai has brought us. Now we can play as anyone we want, including characters we wanted but didn't make it. ANYONE CAN BE IN SMASH BROS NOW RIGHT LOL? So it's really just as simple as making a Ridely Mii and what do you have to complain about?

(I jest, I'll be right there with you trying fruitlessly to make a convincing Sceptile Mii :crying:)

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Guys, cheer up, and look at the wonderful conciliatory gift of Miis Sakurai has brought us. Now we can play as anyone we want, including characters we wanted but didn't make it. ANYONE CAN BE IN SMASH BROS NOW RIGHT LOL? So it's really just as simple as making a Ridely Mii and what do you have to complain about?

(I jest, I'll be right there with you trying fruitlessly to make a convincing Sceptile Mii :crying:)
Honestly, Sceptile would be awesome DLC to go along with the release of Omega Ruby and Sapphire. I think he has a pretty good chance.

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
If you go to the general discussion and look at a thread about the roster size it's in the front page and look at the 3ds pictures, I don't know if it's real set up or the pictures are ordered but it doesn't look good for ridley if that's the real set up. I keep hopes high though

domokl

Smash Lord
So over on theoffical character thread from the demo screen we can make a roster with 51 characters. So ridley k rool mewtwo and another newcomer!

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Could you guys link to the post? Haha, I'm having a hard enough time as it is keeping up with all these threads, I don't think I can spare the time looking through what is most-surely another fast-moving thread!

Weavel

Smash Ace
I'm mostly disappointed with the games cast, it seems like they are just choosing characters that are old,unique or out of place as fighters. Only real character I like is bowser,samus and lucario. I like star fox too but I really wanted krystal.

No to mention maybe one of the hunters from metroid prime hunters since it made them so much money.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
My guess is 3 cuts, 37 veterans, 9 newcomers to give us 5 more spaces. Ridley, K. Rool, Chrom, Medusa, and a ravenous sea cucumber or whatever else people want in Smash Bros. nowadays. And that's assuming only 51 and not slightly more. I could see us getting 16 newcomers total (7, one for the August direct and 6 hidden for release).

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm thinking Gematsu characters are just those who will be announced before launch while there are more newcomers who are hidden.

I'm thinking Ridley, K Rool, Takamaru and Bandana Dee?

Also, looking how Marth is placed next to Pokemon, it appears that all the RPG characters will be together again like in Brawl, there are 6 confirmed, 2 veterans definitely returning and the two on Gematsu. 10, and Star Fox will probably begin the row looking at other characters so thats 13.

51 characters confirmed unless Wolf is cut.

Weavel

Smash Ace
When brawl was out, was the whole cast revealed before the games release? can anyone answer this?

Top Bottom