• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

I Bet You Can

Smash Cadet
You might not believe me at first; I would not believe myself either, to be perfectly honest. However, I actually have insider information on when Ridley will be confirmed. This is the first time it has ever happened to me. If you are curious about him, I can relentlessly give away his personal details. I do not care about him. I do not know why he trusted me, a Ridley fan with this information. My source did not specify whether or not Ridley was a playable character. Albeit, I believe that given he is going to be definitively revealed at a specific date that he is playable. I do not want to spoil this actually as I find myself utterly incompetent. His reveal is such an obvious and overt release date, you are going to face-palm once you discover it unless you have already subconsciously discerned the date.

Do not click the collapse tab if you do not want to be spoiled. Ridley's reveal is very special and if you do not want to know when it is, I do not want to ruin any enthusiasm that you may have had. I will tell you it is coming WAY sooner than you think, so do not feel obligated to click.

Please do not be a troll and ruin the experience for everyone else by revealing the information I am about to disclose. Thank you for understanding.

Last warning. If you have any questions, email the source. I do not even know if he is reliable, but he sent me screenshots.

June 13th, 2014
I Hope to GOD you're right about this

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Just wanted to touch base on this, though such questions/posts (and the one asking for the link to the signature icon thread) are better left to PMs. Permabans are not thrown around lightly, and as --- mentioned, there are other procedures to adhere to in special cases. What I can let you know is that if the continued behavior/rule-breaking continues, infractions increase in severity for future offenses, eventually resulting the aforementioned perma or roomban.

My only advice is that if anything like this happens (which it will, given that it's the Ridley thread), you lot not feel the need to get involved, as spamming/flaming even in "defense" is an offense that is only making the situation worse. Report anything you feel is problematic (and that goes for all the regulars, as discussion tends to get derailed fast) and include whatever concerns you have there, or make a thread in Forum Support and we'll consider/deal with the problem as we see fit.
This made me laugh for some reason.

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
You might not believe me at first; I would not believe myself either, to be perfectly honest. However, I actually have insider information on when Ridley will be confirmed. This is the first time it has ever happened to me. If you are curious about him, I can relentlessly give away his personal details. I do not care about him. I do not know why he trusted me, a Ridley fan with this information. My source did not specify whether or not Ridley was a playable character. Albeit, I believe that given he is going to be definitively revealed at a specific date that he is playable. I do not want to spoil this actually as I find myself to be utterly incompetent. His reveal is such an obvious and overt release date, you are going to face-palm once you discover it unless you have already subconsciously discerned the date.

Do not click the collapse tab if you do not want to be spoiled. Ridley's reveal is very special and if you do not want to know when it is, I do not want to ruin any enthusiasm that you may have had. I will tell you it is coming WAY sooner than you think, so do not feel obligated to click.

Please do not be a troll and ruin the experience for everyone else by revealing the information I am about to disclose. Thank you for understanding.

Last warning. If you have any questions, email the source. I do not even know if he is reliable, but he sent me screenshots.

June 13th, 2014

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
You might not believe me at first; I would not believe myself either, to be perfectly honest. However, I actually have insider information on when Ridley will be confirmed. This is the first time it has ever happened to me. If you are curious about him, I can relentlessly give away his personal details. I do not care about him. I do not know why he trusted me, a Ridley fan with this information. My source did not specify whether or not Ridley was a playable character. Albeit, I believe that given he is going to be definitively revealed at a specific date that he is playable. I do not want to spoil this actually as I find myself to be utterly incompetent. His reveal is such an obvious and overt release date, you are going to face-palm once you discover it unless you have already subconsciously discerned the date.

June 13th, 2014

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

June 13th, 2014
MAH MAN MORBID. I trust you man. My first friend on the Smashboards. GIMME THE PICS MA MANE G.

Where did you get the most perfect Smashboards reaction gif of all time

Morbi

Scavenger
Before this goes too far, that is the release date for "How to Train Your Dragon 2." I apologize, I just could not resist. It would have been such a wasted opportunity.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Before this goes too far, that is the release date for "How to Train Your Dragon 2." I apologize, I just could not resist. It would have been such a wasted opportunity.
I feel great ambivalence towards you.

I'm alternating between wanting to give you a high-five and punching you in the face.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
The Sal leak is pretty hard to deny now.
I refuse to refer to it as a leak and will continue to do so unless everything on it is proven true. Otherwise, to me it is still a rumor. Yes, the rumor got some things right, but the information has not necessarily been leaked. Parts of it were incredibly vague to begin with, some characters were easy guesses, and there are still more (characters) unannounced. If everything on it proves true, I'll concede, otherwise I stand by my opinion of it. I simply don't believe anything labeled as "leak" or "rumor" unless it's proven true.

But I digress. I don't wish to start a whole discussion or argument on this so as not to derail the thread further. I respect anyone's stance on the topic, regardless of whether or not it opposes my viewpoint, however.

In any event, it IS missing Rosalina and Luma, plus it likely doesn't account for some other, unrevealed newcomers, thus I doubt it affects Rid's chances. Which is why I visit this thread anyways. Because Ridley. Oh, and everyone here is awesome. Thought that should be said.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wow.

I didn't know you were capable of something like this, Morbid.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
C2A571_0D919AEF02892_000.gif

"Good evening, you wouldn't mind if I take your soul with me? I was taking a break and suddently I felt that I needed to get back to work........so, let's make this quick so I can go back to sleep...."

xD Oh, you nearly give a friend of mine a heart attack with your previous post!

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Here's a theory as to what is going on

Ridley is unlockable, and the reason they don't want to show Pyrosphere at the demo is because they want to keep his status up in the air, as he is an unlockable character and unlockables aren't revealed until release

However this would mean Ridley will not be revealed at E3.
They show unlockable newcomers, though.

D

Deleted member

Soooo... are we the biggest thread on the Boards now?

We at least are the largest thread in the Smash 4 section right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Just saw the Conan thing, he was extremely annoying and very hard to watch and the worst part is nothing was revealed at all.
It wasn't nearly as good as this great episode
Wanna say William Shatner was a guest too at some point.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Just saw the Conan thing, he was extremely annoying and very hard to watch and the worst part is nothing was revealed at all.
I mean, seriously, what's the point in them bringing in Conan to play Smash Bros. anyway? Like, who the hell cares?

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORBID

Morbid, pure of heart, has been tempted by the Dark Ones, and has given in to their promises of power, using said power to troll the Ridley support thread. The day would go down in history, marking the downfall of the great Ridley Empire. The Ridley fans would begin to turn on each other, rabidly flaming each other for no reason other than Ridley being Ridley. Meanwhile, Morbid became an omnipotent entity, and a cult was created, dedicated to Morbid's wonderful teachings. Many would join. Some would attempt to destroy the cult. Others just laughed at the whole situation. All seemed lost. Until one day...

Sakurai descended from the heavens, with Iwata and Reggie at his sides. He simply said,

"Ridley."

Every person involved in the conflict, and even those not involved, turned their heads toward the angelic figure in the sky, as the Smash Bros. logo cut through the air. A holy holographic screen appeared, showing Ridley's trailer. Peace was almost immediately established. Sakurai and his slaves ascended back into the sky, and then proceeded to "prelay" the Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS release dates, moving the 3DS version to July 16th, and the Wii U version to August 8th. Sakurai then transformed Morbid back into a mortal. The Smash Fanbase was appeased.

For now.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Ohh, it finally happened, the Ridley's thread is the biggest thread of the SSB4's forum.

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
It wasn't nearly as good as this great episode

Wanna say William Shatner was a guest too at some point.
OK you're right the Ridley interview was pretty sweet (especially the part where he ate Andy Williams).

I mean, seriously, what's the point in them bringing in Conan to play Smash Bros. anyway? Like, who the hell cares?
I assume you're being sarcastic, like I said Conan is an unfunny moron but I do understand that Nintendo wants to promote their game. If they wanted to have Smash on a late night talk show they should of picked Kimmel.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm sure this has already been mentioned somewhere in the massive amount of pages added on after E3, but Palutena's reveal does bode well for Ridley. Both experienced similar "teasing" previously (particularly how their stages were revealed) in a way that they were obviously being acknowledged, but not directly referenced to. And look what happened to Palutena.

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
I don't want to talk about Conan here, this seems like the community that would hate him collectively for some silly reason.
Fire Emblem Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game I played and I absolutely loved it so I personally would love to see Chrom in Smash Bros (though it does seem an unpopular opinion around here)

Edit: For some reason I read Conan as Chrom... I need some sleep.

Last edited:

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
they really like to screw with us on the whole ridley thing no matter how I try to approach this its really unsettling I really don't know if they can make him work or not I'm really sorry for metriod fans that have to go through this phase of uncertainty on this one beloved character. I really don't get a say in this matter because im passive on this character

Top Bottom