• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MagnesD3

Smash Master
W
I'm thinking Gematsu characters are just those who will be announced before launch while there are more newcomers who are hidden.

I'm thinking Ridley, K Rool, Takamaru and Bandana Dee?

Also, looking how Marth is placed next to Pokemon, it appears that all the RPG characters will be together again like in Brawl, there are 6 confirmed, 2 veterans definitely returning and the two on Gematsu. 10, and Star Fox will probably begin the row looking at other characters so thats 13.

51 characters confirmed unless Wolf is cut.
I'll kill sakurai if wolf is cut

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
So uh guys, what are we going to do after anxiously waiting for a Ridley reveal today and in the end not getting one?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So uh guys, what are we going to do after anxiously waiting for a Ridley reveal today and in the end not getting one?
Run around in circles like headless chickens, just as we've done ever since the Pyrosphere reveal.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was curious what exactly he does as a stage hazard.

Does he just fly around or maybe play pogo stick with his tail.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I was curious what exactly he does as a stage hazard.

Does he just fly around or maybe play pogo stick with his tail.
He flies very slowly from one side of the stage to the other, letting out obnoxious screams along the way. If a bored player decides to jump in front of him, he'll grab them and then proceed to hold them firmly for a moment before getting bored himself and letting go.

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
He picks up one of the combatants (some characters have a higher chance of being grabbed, such as those which he may think stole his roster spot) then flies off to his torture room where he will then peel the flesh from their bones and ram his tail end into their chest repeatedly while screaming at the top of his dragon lungs, loud enough for the other players to hear it back on the stage and become paralysed with fear.

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Who else thinks Smash 4 was delayed to finish implementing Ridley as a fully playable character?

That's why they delayed Brawl, except that time it was for Sonic.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Who else thinks Smash 4 was delayed to finish implementing Ridley as a fully playable character?

That's why they delayed Brawl, except that time it was for Sonic.
Whatever the delay is for, it better be for a newcomer that is actually worth something...*cough Ridley cough*

But I doubt it was delayed over a single character.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
One of which (the Assist Trophy) didn't make it to the final game.
Ridley 1, playable.
Ridley 2, assist trophy.
Ridley 3, stage boss.

4 players picking Ridley + an active Ridley assist trophy while the stage boss is in effect = screenshot worthy.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
This is true, it was actually delayed because of at least 3 Ridleys.
Woah there, one Ridley has enough trouble cramming himself in. You should think more carefully before making people try to imagine 3+ Ridleys at once. Someone's head might explode.
That said, how has your head not exploded from trying to fit 3+ Ridleys into your imagination?

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Woah there, one Ridley has enough trouble cramming himself in. You should think more carefully before making people try to imagine 3+ Ridleys at once. Someone's head might explode.
That said, how has your head not exploded from trying to fit 3+ Ridleys into your imagination?
I don't know, but I have 5 in my head given the last scenario I described.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Amusing Ridley was playable, I would be more than happy to pay for alt costumes as dlc, but this has to be one at least
[collapse=Not safe for work]
[/collapse]

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
If they're gonna do anything at e3, today is the day.

Most don't have any hopes for today, but I, still believe in you Ridley!

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Come on! Today Nintendo's got two unnanounced games! One Metroid and a Ridley trailer that comes with said Metroid!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So is he now officially out?
He is only officially out once we see him as a stage hazard on Pyrosphere, until then he's as fair game as anyone not on the Gematsu leak. I'm not sure why the lack of Ridley at E3 would change anything drastically.

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Come on! Today Nintendo's got two unnanounced games! One Metroid and a Ridley trailer that comes with said Metroid!
2 games? Neat but if they wanted to show a new Metroid it would have been at the Digital Event. :urg: So I'd say were out of luck.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I hate to do this to you guys but..

A rumor is for the last day of E3 rumor is a few veteran reveals and the final one being mewtwo.

Now unless mewtwo and ridley have a double trailer just like charizard and greninja, we might be waiting for 3 months for the final result of a leak roster rumor thats real.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

A rumor is for the last day of E3 rumor is a few veteran reveals and the final one being mewtwo.

Now unless mewtwo and ridley have a double trailer just like charizard and greninja, we might be waiting for 3 months for the final result of a leak roster rumor thats real.
Let's hope and pray that they announce new villains and veterans also.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Mewtwo?

Source and details, please. Now.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Masahiro Unpredictable will please the glorious leader of the Space Pirates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom