• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
dunno, we are talking here of the people that revelead pacman via a closed conference (and therefore a tweet, a TWEET!) right after having a tournament with a highly watched final and a underwhelming closure.

The only thing they needed to do to generate ****lods of hype was putting that video on that big screen at closing, and baaamf HYPE!, but .. yeah... don't expect they pulling a Ridley hype surprise... really :p

If he is in, he will be a secret unlockable character, as how was ganondorf, mewtwo and wolf...

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
dunno, we are talking here of the people that revelead pacman via a closed conference (and therefore a tweet, a TWEET!) right after having a tournament with a highly watched final and a underwhelming closure.

The only thing they needed to do to generate ****lods of hype was putting that video on that big screen at closing, and baaamf HYPE!, but .. yeah... don't expect they pulling a Ridley hype surprise... really :p

If he is in, he will be a secret unlockable character, as how was ganondorf, mewtwo and wolf...
now that I think about it that would be the most likely scenario :/ but that could be wrong

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
The most worrying thing about Ridley for me isn't the Pyrosphere itself, but the lack of any new Metroid games coming out. During the Digital Event, I held on to some slimmer of hope that we would get news about the next Metroid Prime game, or even the long-awaited Metroid Dread that's been in development hell for years. But no, the closest we ever got to something even closely resembling Metroid was the opening to the new Xenoblade game (which kind of looked like Metroid Prime's).

I didn't want to think that the hints from Nintendo that a new Metroid game was in development during VGX were a red herring, but now I think might be true. Sure, Ridley could advertise Metroid Other M in his character page (as he's a major character in it), but if Sakurai knew the importance of Metroid and that more games were planned to be made, that would have increased the likelihood of a newcomer.
You're not using the relevancy issue are you? If so you should take a look at the K. Rool thread right now, because things are looking good for him as of late.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You're not using the relevancy issue are you? If so you should take a look at the K. Rool thread right now, because things are looking good for him as of late.
Looking good? How? Was he included as part of the Gematsu leak?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Looking good? How? Was he included as part of the Gematsu leak?
No, but Cranky Kong has been discovered to be a trophy, and Chunky Kong (who hasn't been around since DK64) is apparently an AT.

Nothing that relates to K. Rool directly, but some interesting developments for the DK franchise in Smash nonetheless.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ridley, please be announced today, and if Masahiro Unpredictable don't want you in, then ignore him. Please Ridley, do it for us.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I think you guys are really overestimating how "bad" it is that Ridley was not revealed at E3. We still have all of that evidence from the direct that he is indeed playable. And with the Smash Bros delay it gives more time. Also, because we haven't seen any of the Wii U's single player modes, or really any stages, I'd bet money that we're getting another Smash direct in August or September

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Nintendo's Tree house event is not over and anything can happen to day IS the last day for E3 who knows? Nintendo knows

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
No, but Cranky Kong has been discovered to be a trophy, and Chunky Kong (who hasn't been around since DK64) is apparently an AT.

Nothing that relates to K. Rool directly, but some interesting developments for the DK franchise in Smash nonetheless.
Chunky's an AT? I never saw that anywhere in the Invitational, I think. I honestly don't think this means anything for K. Rool, so I'm not getting my hopes (if DK is getting a newcomer, it's probably Dixie as a low-priority unlockable newcomer). I don't want to be crushed yet again like last time.

Anyways, this doesn't have anything to do with Ridley, so I want to ask this: @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt Giga Bowser is definitely larger than the Ridley shadow, right? Because IIRC, Giga bowser was slightly larger than Bossley in Brawl.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I think you guys are really overestimating how "bad" it is that Ridley was not revealed at E3. We still have all of that evidence from the direct that he is indeed playable. And with the Smash Bros delay it gives more time. Also, because we haven't seen any of the Wii U's single player modes, or really any stages, I'd bet money that we're getting another Smash direct in August or September
It's not a bad situation really, I don't see many people acting like it is. We just want closure.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
if it makes you people feel better, think it could always be worse... think that you could be a half life fan...
I mean, Half life 2 episode 3 was supposed to be launched at 2008 tops

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
if it makes you people feel better, think it could always be worse... think that you could be a half life fan...
I mean, Half life 2 episode 3 was supposed to be launched at 2008 tops
Actually it just happens that I am a Half Life fan. I've also been waiting for the Last Guardian and Final Fantasy Verses (now 15) for many years now, sooooooo yeah I'm kinda used to waiting.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
@ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax you have played the game right?
What do you think of it?
Man, I waited 3 hours to play one 2 minute match (We were suppose to get 2 on 3DS and Wii U but I barely got 3DS time and only one match of Wii U.). I swear, if I ever get big and go to E3 ...

ANYWAYS, I can tell ya it's faster than Brawl, definitely. I was Rosalina, and although I couldn't get Luma to do crazy techs, her air game is a mix between Wario and DK. Such reach and horizontal movement, almost weaving like Jigglypuff.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
See, what's preventing me from being upset is the thought of Ridley detractors playing the game, and then imagining their faces when Ridley appears as a challenger!

C'mon, tell me that the thought amuses you. Also, is it me, or is DK bigger than Bowser?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Actually it just happens that I am a Half Life fan. I've also been waiting for the Last Guardian and Final Fantasy Verses (now 15) for many years now, sooooooo yeah I'm kinda used to waiting.
Mother 3, and DNF could also be used as examples that came out.

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Mother 3, and DNF could also be used as examples that came out.
Oh man I want Mother 3 sooooo bad, I almost lost it when they teased it in the Robot Chicken thing. I feel bad for anyone who waited for Duke Nukem since it turned out to be crap.

Man, I waited 3 hours to play one 2 minute match (We were suppose to get 2 on 3DS and Wii U but I barely got 3DS time and only one match of Wii U.). I swear, if I ever get big and go to E3 ...

ANYWAYS, I can tell ya it's faster than Brawl, definitely. I was Rosalina, and although I couldn't get Luma to do crazy techs, her air game is a mix between Wario and DK. Such reach and horizontal movement, almost weaving like Jigglypuff.
Three hours for such a short match? Did you at least win?

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Watch out guys, Nintendy's gonna pull something, I can feel it in the air. I'm gonna call it. . .hmm. . . Ridley-sense!

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
now that I think about this would you guys buy the nfc figures like a ridely one?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Chunky's an AT? I never saw that anywhere in the Invitational, I think. I honestly don't think this means anything for K. Rool, so I'm not getting my hopes (if DK is getting a newcomer, it's probably Dixie as a low-priority unlockable newcomer). I don't want to be crushed yet again like last time.

Anyways, this doesn't have anything to do with Ridley, so I want to ask this: @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt Giga Bowser is definitely larger than the Ridley shadow, right? Because IIRC, Giga bowser was slightly larger than Bossley in Brawl.
Depends. Is Giga Bowser the same size as in Brawl? I need pics and video.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Oh man I want Mother 3 sooooo bad, I almost lost it when they teased it in the Robot Chicken thing. I feel bad for anyone who waited for Duke Nukem since it turned out to be crap.

Three hours for such a short match? Did you at least win?
Nope xD I was just figuring out how to play the whole time.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

I have been hearing some bad things.... Like Brawl 2.0.. Like it being basically Brawl with a 10/ speed increase and no tripping...

Like no momentum after running
Same slow gravity when jumping
not enough hit stun
no dash dancing
delay of actions after you throw someone

And other stuff that will make me not buy the game.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Depends. Is Giga Bowser the same size as in Brawl? I need pics and video.

He's there at 50 seconds. I think he's about the same size as Brawl's, although he could be a little bit bigger. He still has the same animation from before, so that's subject to change.

Giga Bowser is going to make Ridley look like an adorable puppy.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I have been hearing some bad things.... Like Brawl 2.0.. Like it being basically Brawl with a 10/ speed increase and no tripping...

Like no momentum after running
Same slow gravity when jumping
not enough hit stun
no dash dancing
delay of actions after you throw someone

And other stuff that will make me not buy the game.
These concern me, because it's not Brawl 2.0. Everyones played it already a smidge and are sentencing it to death. Play it for yourself, make your own judgement. Saying Brawl 2.0 makes it seem these people expected it to be like Melee.

Also, I'm bummed about the nerfed Dash.

Clearly these people haven't seen Greninja jump then. Every character I've watched looks like the fast fall when they regular fall.

Besides, the games not even out yet, and is probably going to change at release.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
dunno for FF verses but at least the last guardian situation is better, you at least know that the game is being worked on (Probably sony wants to make a graphical beast to showcase all ps4 capabilities, with dynamic hair simulation and stuff like that).

what do we know of Half life 2 episode 3/Half Life 3? literally nothing, outside some rumors that could be or couldn't... it's uncertainty at it's highest, in fact we don't know if episode 3 will be released or will be just HL3.

and to put things even worse, at least neither ICO nor Shadow of the colossus ended with one of the biggest cliffhangers in videogame history. they only needed to put a "Dun Dun Dun" at the end. XD

oh, and Ridley for smash and stuff..

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

He's there at 50 seconds. I think he's about the same size as Brawl's, although he could be a little bit bigger. He still has the same animation from before, so that's subject to change.

Giga Bowser is going to make Ridley look like an adorable puppy.
Gimme a couple hours, I'm currently on mobile.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
These concern me, because it's not Brawl 2.0. Everyones played it already a smidge and are sentencing it to death. Play it for yourself, make your own judgement. Saying Brawl 2.0 makes it seem these people expected it to be like Melee.

Also, I'm bummed about the nerfed Dash.

Clearly these people haven't seen Greninja jump then. Every character I've watched looks like the fast fall when they regular fall.

Besides, the games not even out yet, and is probably going to change at release.
I would love to play it but I was born on the wrong side of the earth.

Also thank you for your input look forward to more of your great YouTube videos

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well he can be unamused. :p

But yes. A rumor for veterans today? I have doubts, but maybe. Maybe RIDLEY IS A VETERAN after being in every Smash Bros.??? (I'm joking, really)

EDIT: I went to smash-fest. The guy in line next to me didn't want Ridley, but he wasn't a too-bigot and he was okay with Ridley if it meant more 80's villains like him, K. Rool, and Medusa.

Also Bowser's great btw. It's never felt so good to be a heavyweight in Smash as far as I recall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom