• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Why...why won't they just come out and show us the stage hazard on pyrosphere. It's killing me!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I wonder what the other 6 languages are...

*gets silenced by Greninja Nintenjas*
*greninjaturtles

There could be new game announcements yet, but I have trouble believing we're getting more newcomer information this E3 Hold out for directs before October, guys.

They have to talk about pyrosphere eventually

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Forgot to bring this up. So at Smash Fest, I dared to bring up the R word and a guy right in front of me immediately spouted that Ridley will never be playable and that he is 7 times Samus' size (a TooBigot if I ever saw one). But several hours later just before I had my turn at the demo, the guy behind me was in agreement that there is definitely something fishy going on about Ridley and that he still has a chance.

My point is, for every detractor, there is a supporter.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I was going to SmashFest yesterday, but It's not in my state. Thanks Nintendo. (I didn't check on the website, didn't think I would need to.)

I Bet You Can

Smash Cadet
Forgot to bring this up. So at Smash Fest, I dared to bring up the R word and a guy right in front of me immediately spouted that Ridley will never be playable and that he is 7 times Samus' size (a TooBigot if I ever saw one). But several hours later just before I had my turn at the demo, the guy behind me was in agreement that there is definitely something fishy going on about Ridley and that he still has a chance.

Sounds like this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDDLDi_H8pM

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Hah, so we actually did not get neither a confirmation or a disconfirmation. Oh well.

Given the crashing state of the demo, actual appearance of Ridley - in any form - combined with a crash... oh well, I'm not going here, but let's say there would be some dark humour in the situation.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Hah, so we actually did not get neither a confirmation or a disconfirmation. Oh well.

Given the crashing state of the demo, actual appearance of Ridley - in any form - combined with a crash... oh well, I'm not going here, but let's say there would be some dark humour in the situation.
I am confident that they are revealing some veterans, including villains, as well as Mewtwo and Ridley.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hate to do this to you guys but..

A rumor is for the last day of E3 rumor is a few veteran reveals and the final one being mewtwo.

Now unless mewtwo and ridley have a double trailer just like charizard and greninja, we might be waiting for 3 months for the final result of a leak roster rumor thats real.
I'm actually fine with this. Let's get real here, if Metroid has three characters, the third one being Ridley, he's most likely going to be unlockable, and it fits with his villain nature too. The only franchise that has had 3+ characters with all of them available from the start is Kirby, and probably only because Meta Knight and Dedede were crucial to SSE's plot. I'm very certain Ridley is not going to appear at E3, or pre-release at all for that matter, whether he's a hazard or a character, so I'd be absolutely satisfied with a few veterans here at the end.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm actually fine with this. Let's get real here, if Metroid has three characters, the third one being Ridley, he's most likely going to be unlockable, and it fits with his villain nature too. The only franchise that has had 3+ characters with all of them available from the start is Kirby, and probably only because Meta Knight and Dedede were crucial to SSE's plot. I'm very certain Ridley is not going to appear at E3, or pre-release at all for that matter, whether he's a hazard or a character, so I'd be absolutely satisfied with a few veterans here at the end.
I can live with it, but I am confident that they will announce Ridley and Mewtwo to generate hype.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I can live with it, but I am confident that they will announce Ridley and Mewtwo to generate hype.
I'm sure they consider Pac-Man, Palutena and Mii to generate enough hype for now, even if some of us don't agree with that.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Well, at least Ridley is still alive (despite popular opinion). I'll always take that over deconfirmation.

Already preparing for the long wait till September, when the Japanese release will reveal all.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I think we are getting a bit too greedy this e3 about characters xD if they show more what will keep us sane for the months until release
If its veteran reveals like Captain Falcon, Wario and Meta Knight whom we know are returning I don't think its greedy. Plus it could get all those people clamoring for CF to shut up already.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Hibernation is the only answer for Smash Bros!
I'd rather stay up and slug through these months hoping for some interesting news along the way.

If its veteran reveals like Captain Falcon, Wario and Meta Knight whom we know are returning I don't think its greedy. Plus it could get all those people clamoring for CF to shut up already.
still I'd rather just wait for it in the time frame we have spread out and not all at once :/

Last edited by a moderator:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
After seeing Palutena (leaked twice) being revealed on the main conference but freaking PacMan in a roundtable discussion, I have no idea what Nintendo thinks for "hype"

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
If these supposed vet reveals do happen, and they occur in a trailer of sorts, a newcomer is likely. After all, there have been no vet only trailers up to this point, but I wouldn't rule it out. While this does make hope for Rid's chances, it has not been confirmed that there will be more announcements, only rumored, correct?

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
If these supposed vet reveals do happen, and they occur in a trailer of sorts, a newcomer is likely. After all, there have been no vet only trailers up to this point, but I wouldn't rule it out. While this does make hope for Rid's chances, it has not been confirmed that there will be more announcements, only rumored, correct?
Vet reveals are possible, I mean it is pretty weird that not a single vet was shown at E3 (even Game & Watch wasn't technically confirmed, just hinted at) but I don't know about a newcomer at this point (especially since Sakurai isn't there to make the announcement anymore).

Zuba Oki

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I got a chance to go to the SmashFest on Wednesday but I only got the chance to play the 3ds version. It is pretty smooth on the 3ds. I got to see gameplay on the Wii U and it definitely looks faster than brawl. I am going again on the 14th to play the Wii U version

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

You serious that happened?

I would have London punched his face RealTalk

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think Pac-Man was this year's "hype generator". I wasn't keen on him appearing at first, but once i actually saw his model and fighting style, it's starting to grow on me. Palutena and Miis were expected and honestly, Miis look better with the options for fighting. That being said, no Pyrosphere is really suspicious. I don't expect to see Ridley (or any other character) revealed today or for the rest of the month. I sort of expect another Smash Direct in August and hopefully we'll see Ridley then.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Man, you know what sucks? If we don't see Ridley, or K. Rool for that matter, before launch, then they won't get awesome CGI trailers.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Man, you know what sucks? If we don't see Ridley, or K. Rool for that matter, before launch, then they won't get awesome CGI trailers.
IF is the keyword, I bet that they'll go all ninja on us and ambush us with an awesome Ridley trailer right when everyone, EVERYONE, loses hope for e3.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The most worrying thing about Ridley for me isn't the Pyrosphere itself, but the lack of any new Metroid games coming out. During the Digital Event, I held on to some slimmer of hope that we would get news about the next Metroid Prime game, or even the long-awaited Metroid Dread that's been in development hell for years. But no, the closest we ever got to something even closely resembling Metroid was the opening to the new Xenoblade game (which kind of looked like Metroid Prime's).

I didn't want to think that the hints from Nintendo that a new Metroid game was in development during VGX were a red herring, but now I think might be true. Sure, Ridley could advertise Metroid Other M in his character page (as he's a major character in it), but if Sakurai knew the importance of Metroid and that more games were planned to be made, that would have increased the likelihood of a newcomer.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
IF is the keyword, I bet that they'll go all ninja on us and ambush us with an awesome Ridley trailer right when everyone, EVERYONE, loses hope for e3.
Well, good for you I guess. I for one am remaining a bit reserved. There's still tiny bit left inside me believing for a last minute surprise, and I mean a real surprise, but that tiny bit is very quiet right now.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Well, good for you I guess. I for one am remaining a bit reserved. There's still tiny bit left inside me believing for a last minute surprise, and I mean a real surprise, but that tiny bit is very quiet right now.
When all is quiet, Ridley shall roar.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Amen brother, PREACH IT!

edit: Oh, you mean before the release, I thought you meant a last minute e3 trailer.
well that too but it would be such a troll move for Mr. Sakurai to do that and seeing the entire community collapse in to a black hole of riots/hype etc. xD

Top Bottom