• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Morbi

Scavenger
Peter5747, admitting Ridley is a boss (I also think it's the case), why do you think Sakurai didn't mention him directly ? Surpris for later, or model not finished ?
Personally, if I was an adamant detractor, I would probably assert that the model was not yet presentable. The surprise is completely and utterly lost as he already "revealed" boss Ridley.

TypicalRidleyNurd

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RidleyLovur6969
Warning Received
I know Ridley on a personal level, he told me the shadow was his big brother! Ridley WILL be in Smash 4, BELIEVE IT!

D

Deleted member

I'm on the side that Ridley is all but directly confirmed to be a boss, but this guy is something else.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I don't even think half the detractors realize that we're not saying Ridley WON'T be a boss...he clearly is...what we're saying is that he's MORE than just a boss...a multiple role character, happens in fighting games all the time.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I don't even think half the detractors realize that we're not saying Ridley WON'T be a boss...he clearly is...what we're saying is that he's MORE than just a boss...a multiple role character, happens in fighting games all the time.
Well yes but they think we are in denial that there is no way he can possibly be a boss and he 100/ will be playable hes just not confirmed yet.

I would call that Crazy too majority of us dont think like that anyway.

But Eh.......nothing sinks in to them anyway so it truly is pointless arguing with them it seriously is like what they say.

''Talking to a brick wall''

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Maybe the reason Sakurai doesn't add Ridley to the roster (assuming he's not in) is that his model would be hard to work with, resizing him would be the easy part, but making all those jump/hit/grab animations must be a pain given that some of Ridley's body parts, such as his head, tail and wings, are huge in comparison to the rest of his body; Maybe he's just that hard to make a proper model for.

D

Deleted member

I think the possibility of Ridley having a "dual existence" so to speak, in Smash 4, is good. After all, Other M Ridley is in fact NOT original Ridley but rather a clone. In this way, I feel it more than likely that we will see Other M (Clone) Ridley as a boss/stage hazard on Pyrosphere (this would make more sense in context that original Ridley since Pyrosphere is from Other M) with original Ridley as a playable character.

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose that is certainly possible; however, that is not what I technically believe. I don't really care about Boss Ridley (so I am not sure if it is plausible as it isn't a subject that pertains to my interests), I am just speculating in favor of Playable Ridley.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Hmm, I wonder if we can at least reach 750 pages by E3. Don't think 1000 is possible by this point.

But hey, this is the Ridley thread, so who knows.
:bluejump:

Morbi

Scavenger
Alot happened here. Shame I missed it. And I was just making popcorn...
Interesting events like that only happen every once and awhile, I am glad I was present for it. The forums have stagnated recently in anticipation for e3, so this is all I have to entertain myself.

Hmm, I wonder if we can at least reach 750 pages by E3. Don't think 1000 is possible by this point.

But hey, this is the Ridley thread, so who knows.
:bluejump:
I don't think that is going to happen. I wish we celebrated page 666 during e3. That would have been so hype.

D

Deleted member

And even if plain ol' organic Ridley is a boss, Sakurai hasn't made any allusion that the other Ridley featured in Brawl as a seperate individual (at least in the Great Maze) is a boss too. :awesome:

Praise be Meta Ridley.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Maybe the reason Sakurai doesn't add Ridley to the roster (assuming he's not in) is that his model would be hard to work with, resizing him would be the easy part, but making all those jump/hit/grab animations must be a pain given that some of Ridley's body parts, such as his head, tail and wings, are huge in comparison to the rest of his body; Maybe he's just that hard to make a proper model for.
While I would agree that seeing an explanation (or at least some kind of acknowledgement of the supporting crowd) about the non-inclusion would be nice...although I think we're well aware that sometimes, when it comes to Sakurai, his reasons are either A.) Reverted in about a few year's time (Like with the Villager) or B.) Just really, really bad (The explanation for having no Subspace Emissary)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
So, can anyone compare Shadow Ridley's wing size to the wing size of Ridley's other 3-d models? I think that it's important information because his wings look too damn big to be Other Ridley's, which may support a hybrid design.
Actually...
6Jjah.png

MOM Ridley's wings are preeeettyy wide compared to the rest of his body. Wings would be no problem with SM Ridley, his wings have been anywhere between small and too small to possibly fly.

Last edited:

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
While I would agree that seeing an explanation (or at least some kind of acknowledgement of the supporting crowd) about the non-inclusion would be nice...although I think we're well aware that sometimes, when it comes to Sakurai, his reasons are either A.) Reverted in about a few year's time (Like with the Villager) or B.) Just really, really bad (The explanation for having no Subspace Emissary)
What was his explanation for no SSE again? If it's time-related than it should make sense.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well yeah, i just bringed that up because after trying to picture ridley playable, i just thought that it would be a pain to not make his body clip through everything,but then again who knows, i still support him fully.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
What was his explanation for no SSE again? If it's time-related than it should make sense.
It was because the videos of Subspace Emissary were leaked online before the release of Brawl in America, which seemingly pissed Sakurai off, regardless of the feedback generally being pretty good towards said videos and lead to many fans hoping they'd see it in the next game.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Actually...
View attachment 14430
MOM Ridley's wings are preeeettyy wide compared to the rest of his body.
Hmm... maybe so. I didn't really look at Other Ridley too much, since the color scheme hurts my eyes(the blotchy purple and purple reds, man.) I guess it's feasible shadow Ridley is 100% Other Ridley now, but I still think his body to wing ratio is a bit out of whack.

I never got the chance to crush him with you guys.

Off topic: What should I to for my 1000th post?
Post a parody song, preferably a Disney villain song, but change the lyrics to correspond to Ridley. For example, "The World's Greatest Criminal Mind" could easily become "The World's Greatest Space Pirate."

majora_787

Smash Hero
Wow, this place exploded in stupid while I was gone. That was impressive. I've never seen such compelling evidence as "get over it" or "denial". Applause. Tons of it.

But no really. It's sad when the smartest thing someone says is "Ridley is incomplete after over six months of development and is for literally no reason getting an insanely out of place redesign based off an unrelated metroid game." It's... despair-inducing really.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Post a parody song, preferably a Disney villain song, but change the lyrics to correspond to Ridley. For example, "The World's Greatest Criminal Mind" could easily become "The World's Greatest Space Pirate."
Or you could just post "Hellfire" and just change the words "Esmeralda" and "Gypsy Girl" with "Baby Metroid"...it'd fit just as well (And it's a much better song). :p

Also change the word "God" to "Mother Brain" and make the term about the Devil being so much stronger than a man as a reference to Samus...done. :p

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Or you could just post "Hellfire" and just change the words "Esmeralda" and "Gypsy Girl" with "Baby Metroid"...it'd fit just as well (And it's a much better song). :p

Also change the word "God" to "Mother Brain" and make the term about the Devil being so much stronger than a man as a reference to Samus...done. :p
Hellfire is obviously the best villain song.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The trolls have come out from under their bridge today it would seem. Least they are quickly exterminated.

Morbi

Scavenger
The post wasn't going to be about Ridley.
Shouldn't have asked on a Ridley support thread
I was merely offering a suggestion based on some empirical knowledge; I find it amusing that you have an inherent desire to do anything special for your "1000th" post in the first place. Do whatever you want, pretend it means something.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
https://plus.google.com/106584983049936482843/posts

This nut-job is the cause of it all...this strange, strange creature. I'm sure you'll see the comment list if you scroll down and see my channel's icon (The Chibi Felicia)...I warn you, you will want to hang yourself purely based on the ground of it being mentally incomprehensible.
Eh. He doesn't seem all that bad. He simply thinks Ridley's proportions would be though to manipulate without looking weird, which admittedly is a legitimate complaint (although he seems rather awkwardly attached to that believe). I've left him a polite response regardless.

*scrolls down*

Oh... Well, I mean, he has some legitimate points, but some sort of flawed viewpoints...

*scrolls down even further*

Oh boy, I shouldn't have bothered replying to him. There's just so much biased nonsense I can endure from a single person that will be replying that.

Seriously, Klonoa over Ridley?

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Very interesting was just watching Japan Time Podcast and the main guy who talked alot saying Ridley wouldn't be in said this....

http://youtu.be/B8HlRi8ei_E?t=1h3m39s

He completely changed his mind and predicted Ridley would be shown playable at E3.....I wonder how he went from "No way that Ridley will be in!" to "I predict Ridley will be at E3"

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Very interesting was just watching Japan Time Podcast and the main guy who talked alot saying Ridley wouldn't be in said this....

He completely changed his mind and predicted Ridley would be shown playable at E3.....I wonder how he went from "No way that Ridley will be in!" to "I predict Ridley will be at E3"
Ridley is just so hypnotic. Who could resist?

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace

We did it, Reddit! We saved the Earth?

Top Bottom