• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

Wow, PoTD shows that the Assist Trophy item looks as big as Mario.

Oh wait, it's the perspective and position of the camera, just like in that Ridley clip. Funny that.

Sir are you telling me this Assist trophy isn't as big as the whole stage??? :troll: Ridley must be inside it.

Clearly nothing fishy going on in that Ridley footage. Please ignore the extreme zoom and slight over head view.

Its not like this below is what we will be actually seeing in game. :awesome: The game is always zoomed in therefore Ridley is big.....Not trying to mislead you at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I've been lucky to not have any deconfirmed Ridley nightmares (in fact the one dream I've had was about him on the Punch Out!! stage as playable).

In any case I can't find myself going through 24 hours without thinking about Ridley at least once. It's getting rather crazy...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sir are you telling me this Assist trophy isn't as big as the whole stage??? :troll: Ridley must be inside it.

Clearly nothing fishy going on in that Ridley footage. Please ignore the extreme zoom and slight over head view.

Its not like this below is what we will be actually seeing in game. :awesome: The game is always zoomed in therefore Ridley is big.....Not trying to mislead you at all.

True yet again

And still quite a few people refuse to believe us

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
So about the Smash Bros tournament happening in LA. I plan on going but how can I support Ridley without being an annoying fan? Some sort of T-Shirt that says Ridley 4 Smash? Or something clever that people might remember? Ideas please!

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
So about the Smash Bros tournament happening in LA. I plan on going but how can I support Ridley without being an annoying fan? Some sort of T-Shirt that says Ridley 4 Smash? Or something clever that people might remember? Ideas please!
This seems like a good idea.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
A shirt with Ridleys face and "Too big to miss the fight"

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Promptly shoot anyone who argues against it...

In all seriousness, a simple T-shirt is fine. A full ham cosplay, though, would be sick.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Hmmm, all very good ideas. Hahaha.

I like that "too big to miss the fight" tag line. If I was good at things I would go full on in the Ridley costume though.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Oh, by the way.... Nintendog on the background of Living Room is actually Ridley in disguise.

Think about it! Both are giant, animalistic creatures.
Both appeared in Stage backgrounds in Smash titles.
Both are not technically 100% deconfirmed

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
So, is it generally agreed upon that Other M Ridley will be the version of him that gets in? I prefer Super Metroid Ridley myself, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Hey guys !
I haven't been here for a while ... what happened ?

This seems like a good idea.

I think the costume is the best idea because of what is written here:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/20/nintendo-invites-fans-to-super-smash-bros-e3-tournament/
it says :
"Nintendo will also present a special treat for the biggest Smash Bros fans who dress up as their favourite in-game characters. A tournament priority seat will be rewarded to those in the best costumes, plus you may even appear on the Twitch live-stream channels."

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I wish it was but its not.

Ridleys shadow ( excludeding the wings to this) and that shadow is a little too big. (The body part the wings are excluded)
I distorted it by matching up the pics with the inner circle, leaving the outer circle much to be desired. Maybe I'll further distort it to be more accurate later this week.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
"Ridley is too king size to be an enjoyable cheeseburger."
a comment I saw in a signature :crazy:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Oh, by the way.... Nintendog on the background of Living Room is actually Ridley in disguise.

Think about it! Both are giant, animalistic creatures.
Both appeared in Stage backgrounds in Smash titles.
Both are not technically 100% deconfirmed
No.

As in cut the crap.

Maybe. If we know Sakurai,, we know he's a trolling man.
It's not that he trolls, it's that we're obsessed with predicting him. So whenever he crushes our expectations/throws a curveball, we label him as such.

I actually don't expect anything more than the starting roster at E3.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

1. Powerful
2. Nefarious
3. Leader of the Space Pirates
4. Scientist
5. Space Dragon
6. Ridley X Rosalina.....Ridley X Samus. Ridley is a BEAST:troll:
That's why Ridley is my favorite Nintendo Villain.:grin:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
No.

As in cut the crap.

It's not that he trolls, it's that we're obsessed with predicting him. So whenever he crushes our expectations/throws a curveball, we label him as such.

I actually don't expect anything more than the starting roster at E3.
I was just joking around. No need to be rude....

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
"Ridley is too king size to be an enjoyable cheeseburger."
a comment I saw in a signature :crazy:
*replying myself*

PERFECT THREAD NAME !!!
"The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - too king size to be an enjoyable cheeseburger"

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Even though it makes sense to reveal a massive, hype-inducing character like Ridley at E3, I have a hard time imagining him to be made unlockable when the game comes out.

I mean, the only characters that were unlockable after being shown off were third-party characters. What if Sakurai considers Ridley to be someone you have to fight in order to play as, like Ganondorf and Wolf?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Even though it makes sense to reveal a massive, hype-inducing character like Ridley at E3, I have a hard time imagining him to be made unlockable when the game comes out.

I mean, the only characters that were unlockable after being shown off were third-party characters. What if Sakurai considers Ridley to be someone you have to fight in order to play as, like Ganondorf and Wolf?
I have no water to hold this argument, but Luigi, Toon Link and Marth have been typically unlockables. But they might be demoted to starters, so what do I know?

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I just want to say that I'm glad that people here understands how irrelevant the too big argument is.

I'm saying this because as my surprise, I'm living the same situation for my most wanted, Paper Mario and he of course doesn't have enough supporter. Because yes there's a similar argument against him that he's just another mario which doesn't make sense because he has potentials while toon link lacked and was another link. It's really great to see how this thread views both side which make opinions more accurate and it's good to see that it never loses his activity.

Even if he's deconfirmed, I wish you good continuation, you deserve it.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I just want to say that I'm glad that people here understands how irrelevant the too big argument is.

I'm saying this because as my surprise, I'm living the same situation for my most wanted, Paper Mario and he of course doesn't have enough supporter. Because yes there's a similar argument against him that he's just another mario which doesn't make sense because he has potentials while toon link lacked and was another link. It's really great to see how this thread views both side which make opinions more accurate and it's good to see that it never loses his activity.

Even if he's deconfirmed, I wish you good continuation, you deserve it.
What's kinda hilarious is that Reddit still takes "too big" as a legitimate argument.

And hey, if it makes you feel better, the only, the ONLY problem I have with Paper Mario is potential franchise oversaturation. He has everything to make him a unique fighter.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What's kinda hilarious is that Reddit still takes "too big" as a legitimate argument.

And hey, if it makes you feel better, the only, the ONLY problem I have with Paper Mario is potential franchise oversaturation. He has everything to make him a unique fighter.
This does make me feel better :) but the overrepresentation well, you can see it like for the general mario series but the paper mario one (and even all the rpg mario) is underrepresented. M&L got one song why not the paper mario series?

But that's your opinion which I consider in a sense legit.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeah, we're obviously getting Other M Ridley with maybe some tweaks like thinner shorter arms or some things. Though alt costumes are a possibility. Maybe we'll get Meta Ridley or something.

Also I think the demo is going to forcefully reveal Ridley's fate whether he's on the starting roster or not. It's just the nature of the situation that's been created.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I would've thought by now the "too big" argument had been reduced to a troll meme that's not taken seriously anymore. Does their entire knowledge of Metroid honestly come from SSB?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
This does make me feel better :) but the overrepresentation well, you can see it like for the general mario series but the paper mario one (and even all the rpg mario) is underrepresented. M&L got one song why not the paper mario series?

But that's your opinion which I consider in a sense legit.
I blame Super Mario Bros. for being such a huge and diverse franchise. How dare they have so many RPGs, party games, and sports titles!

I would've thought by now the "too big" argument had been reduced to a troll meme that's not taken seriously anymore. Does their entire knowledge of Metroid honestly come from SSB?
They're currently justifying the size argument by saying scale reductions/increases only apply across franchises. I.E. Ridley in his own games is like 2x Samus's size, so he's obviously impossible.

I really wonder how they're gonna react when Ridley is scaled correctly...because the Pyrosphere is much smaller than the one in Other M, so Ridley would be Bowser-sized if he is sized relative to the stage.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I blame Super Mario Bros. for being such a huge and diverse franchise. How dare they have so many RPGs, party games, and sports titles!
You made me aware that sports title got a music…

No but seriously, it's mainly because of how good the TTYD ost is. Actually, the whole game is amazing but not getting a music here is like not getting a lower norfair music (yeah this one i don't understand it either).

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Man, sized relatively to series? Charizard is like five feet tall. Pikachu is about one foot. Ivysaur is three feet. This obviously isn't all in line at all. I mean I guess they'd say "It'S ROUGHLY THE SAME IDEA" but Bowser-sized Ridley is 'roughly the same idea'. So.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Man, sized relatively to series? Charizard is like five feet tall. Pikachu is about one foot. Ivysaur is three feet. This obviously isn't all in line at all. I mean I guess they'd say "It'S ROUGHLY THE SAME IDEA" but Bowser-sized Ridley is 'roughly the same idea'. So.
And Ganondorf is like twice the size of Link in the Legend of Zelda canon.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Little Mac canon size is 5'7. He doesn't have anyone to compare from his series buuut.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom