• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
Though really, that might be close. I dunno how big that model is next to say, Bowser and Samus, but it's probably close-ish.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Actually, Little Mac's just really small. I mean, have you seen him?
I was talking about Ridley. :p I know Little Mac is small, but I meant the Ridley model is probably pretty close, but I dunno how big that model is next to Samus or Bowser.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
As much as I love Nightmare Moon's Design and powers, her fights ended really quickly and her plans did not last long enough...

SCAN0177.JPG

Ridley: "....And then she started crying! like a baby!"

Shen: "Ha! He couldn't even deal with stairs!"

Ridley and Shen: "And they got paralized in fear! HA HA HA!"

-Nightmare Moon appears suddently in front of them-

Ridley: "What the....who the hell are you?"

NMM: "I'm Nightmare Moon! the Mare of Darkness!"

Shen: "Mare of Darkness?"

Ridley: ".........Oh! I remember! Shen! she's the mare that got banished to the Moon for a milenium!"

Shen: "...Oh...right!...the one that got defeated by a....really?"

Ridley: "YES!"

NMM: "....Uh...guys?"

Ridley and Shen: "pffft....HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

NMM: "HEY! What's so funny?!"

Ridley: "You got defeated by a RAINBOW!"

Shen: "And eternal darkness? are you serious? it only lasted for 2 hours!"

NMM: " :'( "

another random dialog and sketch....

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It's the same height as my size mock-up

WHERE DOES HE KEEPS GETTING ALL OF THOSE WONDERFUL TOYS Kinda close to what i imagined, maybe a little big smaller, maybe a little bit bigger. Still, it looks nice, but why did you decided to put his tail in such way?
And i noticed that Ridley`s wing goes through the line and under Bowser`s foot while it still in the background/behind Bowser.
As much as I love Nightmare Moon's Design and powers, her fights ended really quickly and her plans did not last long enough...

View attachment 13418

Ridley: ".........Oh! I remember! Shen! she's the mare that got banished to the Moon for a milenium!"

...really? I mean getting defeated by young purple dragon is still not that bad even if you are all-powerful creepy immortal dark-purple dragon, but by...pony? Called "Rainbow"? This sounds like an epic fail.
And wasn`t Shen kinda more serio- oh, that was done just for fun. Then i`ve got nothing wrong with him.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
...So.

It's been nearly a month since I raged at Sakurai during the Direct.

What's happened here? Is Sakurai still trolling us?

D

Deleted member

I never cared for Ridley being a playable character, however this looks badass. Actually sounds pretty balanced too. You should write up what you think the animation length and iframes should be like and maybe draw some hitboxes.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I never cared for Ridley being a playable character, however this looks badass. Actually sounds pretty balanced too. You should write up what you think the animation length and iframes should be like and maybe draw some hitboxes.
I would love to, the problem is while I am quite good at drawing characters, I happen to be absolutely terrible at drawing Ridley.

And stages.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I would love to, the problem is while I am quite good at drawing characters, I happen to be absolutely terrible at drawing Ridley.

And stages.
We could just make it with his model and model of Samus (nothing personal, its just business because he is her arch-nemesis or something like that) and Geothermal Power Plant model i have.
And i will make 2 versions of this images - moveset on the 1st page and my own.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
We could just make it with his model and model of Samus (nothing personal, its just business because he is her arch-nemesis or something like that) and Geothermal Power Plant model i have.
Well, the problm is I want to see some examples using the hybrid designs people have posting here, as the actual models, while they'll still look good, won't look quite right.

D

Deleted member

And stages.
It's not like it needs to look good, just MS paint that **** lol

[collapse=I did a hitbox for you]

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

View attachment 13418

That's a bit of an unfair comparison. Its kinda like comparing a playground bully to a mass-murderer.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
ridley is a stage hazard
AH! You are right! Guys (and AndreaAC and everyone who can`t be called guy), lock this thread! We finally got evidence that Ridley is a stage hazard so there is no need to continue discussion! So, stop being delusional and go cry in the corner!
Well, the problm is I want to see some examples using the hybrid designs people have posting here, as the actual models, while they'll still look good, won't look quite right.
Then maybe we should use Brawl Ridley?..or heav- nah, that is too hard. I think it will take a lot of time to draw him a lot of times in different poses while posing him in BrawlBox is easier and its mostly to show hitboxes and frames count.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
That's a bit of an unfair comparison. Its kinda like comparing a playground bully to a mass-murderer.
Yeah, I know. poor Nightmare.....but that came to my head....I was actually going to draw her alonside them laughing too, but I remembered she isn't a bloodthirsty murderer like Ridley or Shen.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So I've been watching some clips of Metroid Zero Mission, and I thought to myself that Tourian would've made a pretty good Metroid stage for this game.

In the background, shrouded in shadows, is the massive organic Mother Brain looking down at the Smash fighters on the stage. Stage hazards include Rinka, mechanical turrents and Mother Brain herself. She would use the "Laser Brain Attack" that was seen in Super Metroid, charging it for use for the first minute of fighting. To let players know who she is intending to KO, a cross-hair would appear on the screen and follow whoever is closest to her range of fire. The attack has huge knockback, and could even KO someone with a low percentage.

I know it's off-topic for a Ridley thread, but I just wanted to bring up what I thought would be cool.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'd be pretty pissed if it turned out that Stage Hazardly was actually the same size as Angelglory's mockup, and yet still wasn't a playable character through other means (i.e. like the Toon Link thing).

With all this teasing towards his appearance in SSB4, you would think that it would be leading up to something special. All I'm getting so far are a bunch of mean-spirited jabs, which is why I'm no longer hoping for any of my anticipated newcomers.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'd be pretty pissed if it turned out that Stage Hazardly was actually the same size as Angelglory's mockup, and yet still wasn't a playable character through other means (i.e. like the Toon Link thing).

With all this teasing towards his appearance in SSB4, you would think that it would be leading up to something special. All I'm getting so far are a bunch of mean-spirited jabs, which is why I'm no longer hoping for any of my anticipated newcomers.
Well I think his size is a bit safer to say than whether Ridley is playable or not. Which is unfortunate. :Y

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Needs more gorgons.
No, it needs more turtles
And why do nearly everyone who isn`t ridley supporter thinks that Ridley`s shadow confirms him as a stage hazard or just his appearence in that part of the Direct? Its like saying that Exdeath can WALK at 9001 miles per second in Dissidia (yeah, another reference not many will understand, so i will explain - he walks at 3 meters per minute or even slower) - its BS.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
No, it needs more turtles
And why do nearly everyone who isn`t ridley supporter thinks that Ridley`s shadow confirms him as a stage hazard or just his appearence in that part of the Direct? Its like saying that Exdeath can WALK at 9001 miles per second in Dissidia (yeah, another reference not many will understand, so i will explain - he walks at 3 meters per minute or even slower) - its BS.
Because they will take whatever Saks says at face value.

Also, Exdeath was fuggin awesome. he couldn't walk, but that teleport move of his was fuuuuuun.

majora_787

Smash Hero

Also, Exdeath was fuggin awesome. he couldn't walk, but that teleport move of his was fuuuuuun.
I remember when Sakurai said "up until now". Sure was a good thing we took what he said at face value back then. Saved a lot of disappointment when Ness was cut from smash.

... Except for the part where that literally never happened and Sakurai mislead us in regards to a character who was actually playable.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

So, if he would just say "ridley" during this direct before/after yellow devil part of it without showing him, they would consider it deconfirmation too, huh?

Yeah, he is fun to play as, he is the most awesome tree i ever saw and his ex burst looks cool, but unfortunately isn`t always one-hit KO. And i can imagine him singing something while walking at the speed of a tree. Also, i heard him saying "TURTLE!" at least once during ex burst and was kinda surprized by it.

...and back to Ridley - i found something:

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's in the ballpark of one of the two, maybe a bit bigger but definitely not much. Which is an interesting size choice for a boss, but I guess I'm not designing the game. :p

Top Bottom