• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nintendo Power issue 1 - that is, the issue which actually reviewed SMB2 - doesn't have even a single solitary picture of Princess Peach throwing a turnip. Are you sure you're not remembering things differently, and/or looking for evidence where there isn't any? A couple of magazines showing Princess Peach throwing a turnip wouldn't really display a whole lot either way. Princess Peach's association with the turnips, with all likelihood, came from Melee - and her association with the turnips in that game came from the fact that, unlike Mario, Luigi and Bowser, she had far less source material (as anything other than a bystander at least) to draw on than the others.
I wasn't even born when Issue #1 came out!!! :laugh:

I was referring to some issues I had in like the early-mid 90's (1993-1995) in which yes, the turnips of Peach (then called Princess Toadstool) were a thing still, whereas Mario and Luigi have "moved on" from them, and Toad... well... he's Toad.

Also, Peach's pan was a new awesome thing then as well! :laugh:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Just imagine Miss Fit in the Smash cafeteria, making sure everyone is eating healthy.

She takes away a big plate from Bowser, since he's so fat.

Notices Ridley's anorexic body and slides it over to him instead.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I made a gimmicky Up+B for Ridley:

^B: Sky Scraper
Ridley propel himself like a combination of Metaknight's and Marth's ^B, but with a little less range and speed only to go into Glide State if he doesn'r make contact with an enemy.
The attack has Grab Properties similar to Captain Falcon's ^B, but instead of launching the opponent right away, he pulls him along, dangling him beneath while
moving straight forward the distance of one Battle Field-platform, only to throw him straight forward with low/med knockback, doing 14% damage.
If the opponent is close enough to the ground when grabbed, the dangling will cause him to be battered against the ground several times before being thrown.
This usually causes the opponent to hit the ground 6 times rapidly, doing 1% damage per hit.

So, as a general rule, an aerial opponent suffers 14% damage, and a grounded opponent suffers 20% damage.
This makes it a pretty cool OoS-move Vs semi-laggy and laggy attacks.
On tilting stages, the damage dealt can be anywhere between 14 and 20.

If the opponent is close enough to a wall when the grab connects, Ridley will slam him into the wall, doing 5% damage and sending the opponent up and away in the opposite direction with medium knockback.
This is of course very situational, but at the same time very gimmicky, doing 25% damage in total.

Is it balanced? Yes, because C.Falcon's ^B always do 17% damage, while Ridley's do 14 to 20%.
Although Ridley's ^B has a slightly better Grab Range than C.Falcon's, its start-up is about 2 frames slower.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I actually think this rumor maybe true...i mean maybe not all the chars that were listed but look at this....this design is like pretty much perfect...plus its a other m hybrid no?

Anyways...im done...tired.. gone bed...peace....see you lot tommorrow...and the new pic of the day...xD

View attachment 2367

This is good ! It looks great - imo (-_-)
What rumor is this sketch from?

D

Deleted member

**** it, can't sleep.
So much lol'ing from this post
Ignore his posts. He's just not worth dealing with from the few posts I have seen.
Today could be the day of judgement guys. I'm holding out for next week to see more of the stage though, and I'm expecting mid-September if he's a character.
I've been feeling that the longer it takes for us to see Ridley's role, the more likely it is that Ridley is a playable character. Like ChronoBound said, if Ridley's a hazard, Sakurai is likely to show him off as soon as possible. At any rate thought, I am confident we will learn his fate by the end of September.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Just imagine Miss Fit in the Smash cafeteria, making sure everyone is eating healthy.

She takes away a big plate from Bowser, since he's so fat.

Notices Ridley's anorexic body and slides it over to him instead.
Bowser is not fat, he is just large shelled.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I've been feeling that the longer it takes for us to see Ridley's role, the more likely it is that Ridley is a playable character. Like ChronoBound said, if Ridley's a hazard, Sakurai is likely to show him off as soon as possible. At any rate thought, I am confident we will learn his fate by the end of September.
If he's a stage hazard, history says that he'll be shown next week, since it took a week and a day to reveal the additional pictures of the Reset Bomb stage and the Pilotwings stage. Therefore I hope we can fade into September, the month where no notable games are released, so that Ridley can be the September reveal, if the 1 character per month thing indeed does hold true. I also think it's about time we get a newcomer too in September, since a Pokémon will obviously be October, and Diddy Kong will likely be November.

I'm actually not too worried about Ridley being a stage hazard right now, and if he is, well it'll suck majorly, but what can you do? I'm gonna keep my head high and try to take this whole situation with a little more grace than I did back in the Brawl days. Unless he gets a character reveal, that simply calls for some primitive celebration.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ridley's not an enemy from Samus' past, he's her nemesis.
Unless the text is horribly wrong-translated, we don't have to worry.

I'd love to see good ol' Crocomire as a hazard (even though he's associated with acid - not lava).

? Any change it's this guy:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Unless the text is horribly wrong-translated, we don't have to worry.
The text isn't even a translation of the japanese one. In the japanese message Ridley isn't even referred to, he talks about Samus' trauma instead there. I feel that if Ridley was a stage hazard, then the text wouldn't have been changed, and even further Ridley would likely have been mentioned by name. I tell you, if this isn't deliberately teasing and hyping us up, then I don't know why they'd do either of those things.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ridley's the reason Pluto's no longer a planet.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Actually, the Sun is too big for Ridley.

And meme images lie, God isn't the reason Saturn has a ring, Ridley is. After all, it's just the right size for him...

(I hope you get what I'm saying)

Nado

Smash Cadet
So do we know if ridley is added to smash when the dojo site crashes?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I have a new avatar. It's a wolf version of Toon Link, the artist effectively combined two great versions of Link.

If you don't like it then you have no soul and need to eat more Krabby Patties. :awesome:

So do we know if ridley is added to smash when the dojo site crashes?
Probably not.

D

Deleted member

Everyone, listen to this one last time.

Then... refresh.

If it doesn't work, repeat this.

Let's do it like a group we are.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well it's no longer a Wii-Fit Trainer update but... just planes? Bullet dodged for now I guess.

bobadz

Smash Ace
The hardest part will be the weekend . Where people who don't support Ridley will come in and claim that he will be a stage hazard. We must keep our morale strong.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well it's no longer a Wii-Fit Trainer update but... just planes? Bullet dodged for now I guess.
Well, to be honest it does looks like a pretty sweet stage. Yeah, it's probably for the best that it'll take some more time.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, to be honest it does looks like a pretty sweet stage. Yeah, it's probably for the best that it'll take some more time.
All good things are worth the wait.

If Sakurai thought Ridley wasn't worth the wait, he wouldn't be playable, and Sakurai would flat out mention him in an almost disregarding manner like Virdii, instead of making Ridley the focus on the Miiverse update.

Top Bottom