• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

CalumG

Smash Lord
I know that, but my point is that the move is more recognized as Peach's move than Mario, Luigi, or even Toad (generally speaking), even before Melee.
Source? I don't know anybody who considered the turnip pull to be "Peach's move" prior to Melee. The turnip wasn't put in Melee because it was Peach's move - it was Peach's move because it was put in Melee. Peach having the turnips in Melee is what has lead people to consider the turnip as 'her' move, not the other way around.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If he's a character, then it can be any Friday until the end of September. In October there'll be plenty of games to release, so his reveal will likely not get prioritized over advertising for X & Y or Sonic Lost World.

If he's a stage hazard, then next week.
HOMGFFFFF October is gonna be da s hit !!! I CANT WAIT !!!!!

armored_mewtwo_by_bandxoh-d3bwtjf.png

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm hoping we get the normal design for Ridley, like the one in Brawl.

I also think we could get Meta and Omega forms of Ridley as alternate costumes. I'd like some more palette swaps that do more than just change color. (the only ones that don't just change color I believe are some Pokemon colors, and the Daisy version of Peach in Melee)

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I kind of like the idea of Ridley in SSB but there's something about him that just doesn't make me approve of him.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Source? I don't know anybody who considered the turnip pull to be "Peach's move" prior to Melee. The turnip wasn't put in Melee because it was Peach's move - it was Peach's move because it was put in Melee. Peach having the turnips in Melee is what has lead people to consider the turnip as 'her' move, not the other way around.
Nintendo Power and several other magazines I read back in the day had pictures of all the four characters pulling turnips, but they all gravitated towards Peach the most with those pictures, had more pictures of her doing that, and always felt that move "fit her" more, and to an extent, I think they are right.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
What's the argument against him? I'm pretty sure I can counter it.
Well my main thing is about Ridley is his flying and when I do think about it just literally flying to dodge every move or whatever would piss anyone off. Plus i'd be annoying constantly jumping in the air just to hit a ****ing purple pterodactyl :/. But then they'll always be those people who won't really fly or anything but just do whatevs. Another problem I have is just seeing him scaled down just wouldn't work for me and don't get me started on Bowser he basically has magic or Kamek making him big an plus he's always either small or big which makes some sense actually. Now....Counter me O:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well my main thing is about Ridley is his flying and when I do think about it just literally flying to dodge every move or whatever would piss anyone off. Plus i'd be annoying constantly jumping in the air just to hit a ****ing purple pterodactyl :/. But then they'll always be those people who won't really fly or anything but just do whatevs. Another problem I have is just seeing him scaled down just wouldn't work for me and don't get me started on Bowser he basically has magic or Kamek making him big an plus he's always either small or big which makes some sense actually. Now....Counter me O:
Bowser's always like 4 times bigger than mario BEFORE kamek.

trust me, I should know :p

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Basicly whats gonna happen PeePz is Ridley is gonna be a stage hazard but! BUT !!!!

Here me out....

If you finish adventure mode on hard without continuing AS SAMUS ONLY you gotta face bowser on that philosphers stone...blaghhggh whatever the stage is called....now when you kill him there is a cutscene
(like when you kill bowser on FD in Melee and his trophy rises and turns into Giga Bowser)

The cutscene is of Ridley bursting out the fire below in glorious sexy HD soo much detail and gasm then you gotta fight him and if you kill him.

Wait To be continued.

vs_ridley_by_dralora-d4iz555.jpg

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Let me try as well, why not?

It would tick some people off, that's for sure, but that's not a real reason to not include Ridley. There would still be higher skilled players that could easily deal with him. Projectiles is what could stop his flying in his tracks, and I doubt Sakurai would make him worse than Meta Knight was in Brawl.

I can understand why you don't like the idea of him being scaled down, but his size seems to have varied throughout the Metroid games anyway, it wouldn't be much of an issue or change, really.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I already saw that video......btw I'm not saying he's big he's perfectly fine but he'd feel kinda out of place for certain stuff :/ plus with the new Other M stage and how Sakurai said "Samus enemy from the past" or whatevs I'm positive he's a stage hazard then.

D

Deleted member

I already saw that video......btw I'm not saying he's big he's perfectly fine but he'd feel kinda out of place for certain stuff :/ plus with the new Other M stage and how Sakurai said "Samus enemy from the past" or whatevs I'm positive he's a stage hazard then.
I personnally don't think Sakurai is that crazy to change one of the greatest villains of Nintendo's games' history who was being a boss in Brawl to a simple stage hazard in the next one.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Nintendo Power and several other magazines I read back in the day had pictures of all the four characters pulling turnips, but they all gravitated towards Peach the most with those pictures, had more pictures of her doing that, and always felt that move "fit her" more, and to an extent, I think they are right.
Nintendo Power issue 1 - that is, the issue which actually reviewed SMB2 - doesn't have even a single solitary picture of Princess Peach throwing a turnip. Are you sure you're not remembering things differently, and/or looking for evidence where there isn't any? A couple of magazines showing Princess Peach throwing a turnip wouldn't really display a whole lot either way. Princess Peach's association with the turnips, with all likelihood, came from Melee - and her association with the turnips in that game came from the fact that, unlike Mario, Luigi and Bowser, she had far less source material (as anything other than a bystander at least) to draw on than the others.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yh well you hit him into the blast zone (how you kill people in smash) then another cutscene show Ridley crawling back out the fire like a real G would like the giant dragonfly does in DK64 :)

images.jpeg

THEN !! You gotta kill him again !! But he is alot harder lile lvl 7 CPU and hes B347T.

Finally after you kill him you unlock him and the harry potter philosphers...hatever that stage is called RealTalk Sakurai told me this when we was in the shower together.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I personnally don't think Sakurai is enough crazy to change one of the greatest villains of Nintendo's games' history who was being a boss in Brawl to a simple stage hazard.
Well I mean wwe have no SSE (I'm glad it's gone) but then again he could still be a boss cause all we know is Yellow Devil really. Plus I'd think it would be a stage hazard but I'm not that positive if he is at least all this commotion about Ridley can end cause right now it's really getting to the point of where I just wanna lose hope on humanity :/ i was jk about that but seriouslyt all this commotion about Ridley is annoying can sakurai just make him a boss a playable character a stage hazard....SOMETHING this fighting is really gettin ridiculous.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well I mean wwe have no SSE (I'm glad it's gone) but then again he could still be a boss cause all we know is Yellow Devil really. Plus I'd think it would be a stage hazard but I'm not that positive if he is at least all this commotion about Ridley can end cause right now it's really getting to the point of where I just wanna lose hope on humanity :/ i was jk about that but seriouslyt all this commotion about Ridley is annoying can sakurai just make him a boss a playable character a stage hazard....SOMETHING this fighting is really gettin ridiculous.
Trust....i know how you feel...its more than its worth...plus i dont think World Wrestling Entertainment have SSE.

D

Deleted member

I've to agree with you to this point.

I personnaly think Ridley's fanbase has made conclusions too quickly. "May appears at any second" has some significances.

It could refer to Ridley being a stage hazard OR a Sakurai's wink to Ridley's confirmation which would happen very soon.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Trust....i know how you feel...its more than its worth...plus i dont think World Wrestling Entertainment have SSE.
that wasn't supposed to be wwe xD but meh I always make a mistake here and there.

I've to agree with you to this point.

I personnaly think Ridley's fanbase has made conclusions too quickly. "May appears at any second" has some significances

It could refer to Ridley being a stage hazard OR a Sakurai's wink to Ridley's confirmation which would happen very soon.
Or..........................who know's he might pull another Kraid on us again o_o

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I think for the point you were trying to make it would be better to go with the floating instead. That's made very very clear that it's Peach's thing with no ambiguity whatsoever.
inb4 It was the character from Doki Doki Panic's thing first.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
ACTUALLY if we want it to keep going I'm gonna start a argument
*takes deep breath*
Ridley sucks ballz.

Top Bottom