• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
YES. Yes he would. Say all you want "He wouldn't be that cruel". I think it's totally possible that he'd be this insensitive as to be so nonchalant about his decision for Ridley's role. Not purposely, but he very well could be overlooking the impact because it's inevitable.

If it were me, I would have never revealed this stage until way closer to a release time frame.

Now I have to wonder if any other character fanbase will suffer the hardship we have to go through in the future...

*Imagines seeing a new Donkey Kong stage; It's a large pirate ship bearing the Kremling emblem*

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
LOL Ik Sakurai wouldn't be cruel my comment was simply a joke ;) but if he is a stage hazard then I can Ridley fans going Rambo mode :l

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Oww...man its getting too much...i cant take it....this thread is a sweet cancer RealTalk....

Th more you post here and support here the bigger the mechanical wind up boot grows in size..untill it the boot itself is really....TOO BiG...and only Sakurai has remote to release the shoe in to our a sses...for some major massive Butthurt....one comparable to Mewtwo's cut from Brawl.....if only Ridley was a shoe-in!

Ugh...ok...jokes aside well it was truth mixed with some jokes...but ugh..i know i say
Gameplay & Balance > Everything Else and i still stick by that but i REALLY want Ridley in...this is way beyond ********.......it would be sooo Glorious.....

Like a machine that blows you and then throws out a free ciggerette and a quater pounder burger with a ice cold fizzy drink....like seriously who on this planet wouldnt want that.....

I dont think even Mewtwo could heal the pain if Ridley aint playable...and its all thanks to this thread & you blood sucking parasites....

I would main Ridley 24/7 i dont think i will even be Bowser/Samus/Mewtwo...RealTalk....

Ridley is coming.....hes flying towards us....i can see...feel...his presence...his shadow.

Phendrana_shorelines_overlooking_meta_ridley_shadow_dolphin_hd.jpg

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I want to see an introduction trailer for Ridley where he goes head-to-head with Bowser.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I actually think this rumor maybe true...i mean maybe not all the chars that were listed but look at this....this design is like pretty much perfect...plus its a other m hybrid no?

Anyways...im done...tired.. gone bed...peace....see you lot tommorrow...and the new pic of the day...xD

2n0m3aq.jpg

This is good ! It looks great - imo (-_-)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's weird that in Brawl and Smash 4 I got the characters I secretly wanted yet didn't expect at all rather than the ones I would spend way too much time arguing for.

Though I guess I spent a lot of time arguing with Kuma about why the Villager was not only so good, but way better than Nook.

ALSO, sorry for being a downer, lol. I could go eat some ramen or something.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I actually think this rumor maybe true...i mean maybe not all the chars that were listed but look at this....this design is like pretty much perfect...plus its a other m hybrid no?

Anyways...im done...tired.. gone bed...peace....see you lot tommorrow...and the new pic of the day...xD
Hooooo... WHO?!

This... upon close perusal, I see this is most certainly NOT the original! It is a vile, shameless forgery!

This was from December 2011... Sakurai said he didn't start working on SSB4 till after he's done with Uprising... Uprising was done in February 2012 and came out in March 2012.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
It's weird that in Brawl and Smash 4 I got the characters I secretly wanted yet didn't expect at all rather than the ones I would spend way too much time arguing for.

Though I guess I spent a lot of time arguing with Kuma about why the Villager was not only so good, but way better than Nook.

Yeah. I only made occasional comments that I thought Mega Man would make a great addition to the cast if it was possible.

Then it happened. :088: WOO!!

I can only imagine the sheer ecstasy however had I actually actively demanded his inclusion.

I want to experience that... :(

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

View attachment 2367

This is good ! It looks great - imo (-_-)
Well the picture could be real but this was in the crossfire of the smash brother universe rumor but the sketches could be real though

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
YES. Yes he would. Say all you want "He wouldn't be that cruel". I think it's totally possible that he'd be this insensitive as to be so nonchalant about his decision for Ridley's role. Not purposely, but he very well could be overlooking the impact because it's inevitable.

If it were me, I would have never revealed this stage until way closer to a release time frame.
Now I have to wonder if any other character fanbase will suffer the hardship we have to go through in the future...

*Imagines seeing a new Donkey Kong stage; It's a large pirate ship bearing the Kremling emblem*
Then people will be wrong about the Pirate ship and ends up being a Viking ship instead. Also I have seen the future today. On Friday Ridley is going to be revealed as a playable character with no trailer. And he's going to be DeviantArt tier ugly.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If Ridley is confirmed as a playable character he will definitely be given his own trailer (Sakurai has already said that all newcomers will be given their own unveil trailers).

I think if he is a stage hazard, there is a decent chance he is going to be tonight's update. I don't think Sakurai wants to torture the fanbase for too long.

If he is a playable character, I don't see him happening until September.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
If Ridley is confirmed as a playable character he will definitely be given his own trailer (Sakurai has already said that all newcomers will be given their own unveil trailers).

I think if he is a stage hazard, there is a decent chance he is going to be tonight's update. I don't think Sakurai wants to torture the fanbase for too long.

If he is a playable character, I don't see him happening until September.
What makes you think he will be a starter?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
ACTUALLY if we want it to keep going I'm gonna start a argument
*takes deep breath*
Ridley sucks ballz.
Only when he can catch them.

Its a shame you could never find time for me though...eh.....
Of course I'd go out of my way to find time for you. I've just been busy lately, and didn't want to bug you. A friend of mine tells me you play Gears, though. We should play sometime. <3

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Posting this because it's smart.

A smart person from Neoseeker said...

"Look at it this way. If the next picture was of the Ferox Arena stage and Sakurai said, "This is Ferox Arena, can't you imagine a gallant lord walking by any moment?" Would you say that Chrom was confirmed as a background character? Or Ganon's throne room from Ocarina? Or any other stage famous for a particular character that isn't confirmed to be in the game yet?"

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
From the Sakurai interview, I took it as that most if not all the newcomers will get a trailer. They are doing these instead of story mode FMV's, so they have a great deal of time.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
GUYS! New pic is up!

Sakurai's Quote: "A challenger is indeed approaching, but not in the usual way."​
:troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
l am not amused.

I'm joking, of course! I love Ridley, I've shown his love for him in this forum... But somebody mentioned having a pic of Ridley popping out of the hole saying "Heeeeere's JOHNNY!" so I put my own twist on it :troll:.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm joking, of course! I love Ridley, I've shown his love for him in this forum... But somebody mentioned having a pic of Ridley popping out of the hole saying "Heeeeere's JOHNNY!" so I put my own twist on it :troll:.
A good 45% of the things I say should be read with a dryly sarcastic tone.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Posting this because it's smart.

A smart person from Neoseeker said...

"Look at it this way. If the next picture was of the Ferox Arena stage and Sakurai said, "This is Ferox Arena, can't you imagine a gallant lord walking by any moment?" Would you say that Chrom was confirmed as a background character? Or Ganon's throne room from Ocarina? Or any other stage famous for a particular character that isn't confirmed to be in the game yet?"
That's really highlighting why Ridley is such a unique case, though. That hasn't happened with Arena Ferox or Chrom or any other character, and it's unprecedented for Sakurai to hint at a newcomer before their actual reveal. Plus, I think the idea that Ridley would appear "at any second" combined with the Ridley-sized hole in the wall is a little different from a character "walking by."

Ridley or no Ridley, I don't think we're getting a character tomorrow. At least not a newcomer. I'm still inclined to expect newcomer reveals to come in Nintendo Direct presentations, where they can show off newcomer CG trailers to everybody simultaneously.

D

Deleted member

I am going to sleep now. An alarm will be set everyday at 2:30 AM CST so I can watch the next update until we figure out Ridley's fate. I also plan on playing this music before refreshing to see the new picture. It's very fitting and I think it's a good music to prepare us for Ridley's fate, even if it's not from Metroid.

I'll say this now so I don't miss the opportunity.

If Ridley is not revealed in tonight's update in either playable or non-playable fashion, I will repeat the step above until we learn of Ridley's fate. Aside from that, I am keeping an opinion that Ridley has a 50/50 shot unless there is evidence supporting hazard-Ridley or playable-Ridley (or confirmation). Its the best way to approach the situation as we do not know either way what will happen. This is also the only way I will stay on Smashboards beyond my intended return to hiatus on the 26th of this month (when college starts for me) since I only really came back here to discuss Ridley.

If Ridley is revealed as a stage hazard tonight, I will return to hiatus. Not because of my disappointment surrounding Ridley's exclusion (though I certainly would be less than pleased to see him demoted for faulty reasonings), but because of the negative effect Ridley's exclusion will have on the community. I will also do a rant on the Smash fan base indicating the issues with the fan base and will anticipate the game quietly without the drama surrounding the community. I am quickly losing my patience with this community and the inevitable ****storm surrounding Ridley's exclusion would be the reason why I will leave.

But if Ridley does get announced as playable, I will be ecstatic to see a long overdue veteran finally make the cut. I will spend the rest of my very brief time back celebrating Ridley's inclusion. I will also explain why Ridley's (and Mega Man's inclusion) should give people reasons to never give up for characters they want to see (especially characters like King K. Rool and Roy who are under attacked for faulty reasonings like "they're not recent"). I will do this even if I stay here beyond my intended time to go on hiatus. But either way, I will return to hiatus shortly after.

Either way, it's been good siding with the Ridley fan base. Our story will end soon; hopefully with a 15 year old dream finally recognized.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey wait a second I just notice something the pyrosphere is 100% circular right well I looked at the smash bros one its nots circular in the ssb4 one

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I am going to sleep now. An alarm will be set everyday at 2:30 AM CST so I can watch the next update until we figure out Ridley's fate. I also plan on playing this music before refreshing to see the new picture. It's very fitting and I think it's a good music to prepare us for Ridley's fate, even if it's not from Metroid.
You should play this music instead

bobadz

Smash Ace
Ridley will be a Stage Hazard. Unless Sakurai says "Hey! Replace Ridley with a ****ing Space Pirate", Ridley won't be playable. Sakurai himself said Ridley playable would be "impossible"

Stage Hazard.
Except in the same interview he also said he could make Ridley playable if he put enough work/thought into it

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

lol, same (Charizard)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Today could be the day of judgement guys. I'm holding out for next week to see more of the stage though, and I'm expecting mid-September if he's a character.

Top Bottom